Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 9, 2015 02:03

GasLightStreet
24FPS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sticky Fingers their most successful album in terms of individual sales? (I know Exile is a double album so it may have brought more income) They've already played out the Exile album and you can't play the whole damn thing anyway.

I'm guessing by played out EXILE you mean the big reissue a few years back...

SOME GIRLS is their biggest selling LP. 8 million copies or so.

EMOTIONAL RESCUE spent the most time at #1 in the States, 7 weeks. It was also their first #1 LP in the UK since GOATS HEAD SOUP according to Wikipedia. EXILE was more expensive but remember, whatever the figure is for EXILE you have to divide it in half. If it went gold (500,000 copies sold) that means it only sold 250,000 copies since it's a double LP. The way double and more albums are tallied didn't change until rather recently from my understanding but I don't know when.

There is a thread somewhere, I think georgelicks started it, but I can never remember what it's called.

Exile spent 4 weeks at #1 in 1972 and 43 weeks on the Top 200, it sold well over 500,000 copies during the first year alone.
Since 1991 (Soundscan era) has sold another 1.3 million copies (including the 2010 reissue) so the current RIAA certification (Platinum) is way undercertified, the album should be 4x Platinum at least since it was originally a double album.

About Certifications, from RIAA:

"Multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album if it is over 100 minutes in length or is from the vinyl era. For example, each copy of The Smashing Pumpkins's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (running time of 121:39), OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (running time of 134:56), and Shania Twain's Up! (145:44), all double albums, were counted twice, meaning each album was certified diamond after 5 million copies were shipped. Pink Floyd's The Wall and The Beatles' White Album, both vinyl-era, are also counted double even though their running times are under the minimum requirement."

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 9, 2015 02:14

Bjornulf,

How about Motown?
Any great love for the Motor City?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 9, 2015 02:32

North Carolina????

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 02:48

So when does everyone think the dates will officially be announced? Seems like now is about right, considering when 14 on Fire was announced

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 9, 2015 03:00

Is it for definite for June. Will be away for 3 weeks out of the US

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 9, 2015 03:20

spunky
Any shows in Florida late July?

How about for late June, early July?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 9, 2015 03:26

DeanGoodman
The key problem with many American amphitheaters is access. They're in the sticks. There is no public transport, and traffic can be backed up for miles both before and after.

This. In spades.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 03:56

stones2000
bv
San Diego is pretty west coast, right?

Maybe. I don't know if it's close enough to me to be a potential trip. Is that as West Coast as they're coming? Or can you not say?

The west coast IS the west coast and San Diego is on the west coast. What are you asking? Sorry....

Date: March 9, 2015 04:37

bitusa2012
stones2000
bv
San Diego is pretty west coast, right?

Maybe. I don't know if it's close enough to me to be a potential trip. Is that as West Coast as they're coming? Or can you not say?

The west coast IS the west coast and San Diego is on the west coast. What are you asking? Sorry....

You're right, I'm sorry, I wasn't quite clear. What I meant was that I was hoping for a west coast show a bit closer to me (I live in Victoria BC). But yes, San Diego is west coast. But a fair amount below Victoria

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 9, 2015 04:53

StonedAsia
North Carolina????

No! NC State - Go Pack!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 9, 2015 05:55

stones2000
So when does everyone think the dates will officially be announced? Seems like now is about right, considering when 14 on Fire was announced

I'm guessing next week. Could be as early as tomorrow!

peace

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 07:30

Hey, they will do 15/16 concerts, for what i read. U.S. are a Big country, so, as BV said, get ready to travel if you can. A lot of wishes won't be satisfied i think

Date: March 9, 2015 07:43

I'm noticing bv hasn't been on this thread nearly as much today. Maybe announcement time is a-comin'....

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 9, 2015 09:37

stones2000
I'm noticing bv hasn't been on this thread nearly as much today. Maybe announcement time is a-comin'....

Let him wake up first. Morning in Norway, LOL.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 9, 2015 11:38

Anyone else thinks the tour will be called '15 on Fire'?

Fifty and Counting
Fourteen on Fire (approx. 14 shows/leg)
Fifteen on Fire (15 shows North America).

In 2016 of course there will be no tour, since the F-wordplay can not be continued. winking smiley

Date: March 9, 2015 11:59

Sticky 15?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2015 12:50

15 Fingers winking smiley

Posted by: vdoq ()
Date: March 9, 2015 14:20

Full Deck Tour
[www.arkipelagobooks.com]

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 9, 2015 14:41

stones2000

Hopefully. I am thinking about flying to the US (from europe) to catch two or three shows, but with every day passing it gets more and more unlikely that i can get time off of work. Why can't they just announce the dates at least half a year in advance like any other act confused smiley

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 15:18

Pretty sure that the band will be playing The Plains of Abraham in Quebec, Canada during the Festival Été de Québec in july. They tried to book them last year.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 9, 2015 15:21

Aside from dates, to me the most important thing is the stage. I am very curious whether they'll go for a stripped down small stadium stage as seen in Europe last year, or whether we'll see a brand new construction.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 9, 2015 15:34

I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Kansas City OR St. Louis, MO??
Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Festival

Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium OR Indianapolis Speedway
Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park
New York, NY @ Forest Hills (2-3 dates?)
Buffalo, NY @ Coca-Cola Field OR UB Stadium
Ottawa, ON @ Bluesfest OR Quebec City, QB @ Festival d'été

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 9, 2015 16:01

wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

I think two to three nights in NYC are very unlikely, and four nights in the state has me believing you must be a very optimistic New Yorker..
BV did say something to the effect of criss-crossing the country as well as mentioning the unlikeliness of multiple nights at any venue.

In light of all that, and factoring in the size of the market(s) in Vancouver/Seattle/Portland, as well as their absence on the last tour, I think it's almost a lock that you'll see one or two shows in the Northwest.

I also think you'll see another Vegas appearance... Also the LA rumor looked more like a kick-off event(Kimmel?) as opposed to a show..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 16:32 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 16:08

Keefy
There have been no Texas shows since Austin 2006. 9 years. They are due for Texas..Any word?
Has it been that long since Zilker where they filmed the ABB DVD? Man, time flies. Would LOVE to see them in Austin again.
We should get together sometime, Keefy! I don't run into too many hardcore Stones fans around Austin often...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 9, 2015 16:08

I'm very curious how close to New England they will come. Regardless we will catch the closest show with most convenient date. God bless you people who can dedicate traveling a whole tour!! Hopefully official info soon so as to plan accordingly.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2015 16:38

Irix
15 Fingers winking smiley

Three Hands On Deck?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2015 16:40

georgelicks
GasLightStreet
24FPS
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sticky Fingers their most successful album in terms of individual sales? (I know Exile is a double album so it may have brought more income) They've already played out the Exile album and you can't play the whole damn thing anyway.

I'm guessing by played out EXILE you mean the big reissue a few years back...

SOME GIRLS is their biggest selling LP. 8 million copies or so.

EMOTIONAL RESCUE spent the most time at #1 in the States, 7 weeks. It was also their first #1 LP in the UK since GOATS HEAD SOUP according to Wikipedia. EXILE was more expensive but remember, whatever the figure is for EXILE you have to divide it in half. If it went gold (500,000 copies sold) that means it only sold 250,000 copies since it's a double LP. The way double and more albums are tallied didn't change until rather recently from my understanding but I don't know when.

There is a thread somewhere, I think georgelicks started it, but I can never remember what it's called.

Exile spent 4 weeks at #1 in 1972 and 43 weeks on the Top 200, it sold well over 500,000 copies during the first year alone.
Since 1991 (Soundscan era) has sold another 1.3 million copies (including the 2010 reissue) so the current RIAA certification (Platinum) is way undercertified, the album should be 4x Platinum at least since it was originally a double album.

About Certifications, from RIAA:

"Multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album if it is over 100 minutes in length or is from the vinyl era. For example, each copy of The Smashing Pumpkins's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (running time of 121:39), OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (running time of 134:56), and Shania Twain's Up! (145:44), all double albums, were counted twice, meaning each album was certified diamond after 5 million copies were shipped. Pink Floyd's The Wall and The Beatles' White Album, both vinyl-era, are also counted double even though their running times are under the minimum requirement."

It goes Hot Rocks @ 12 million, Some Girls 8 million then Tattoo You, 6 million I think. Sticky is somewhere below that over 4 million. Exile, even with the reissue is far less.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:14

MisterDDDD
wickerman

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

I think two to three nights in NYC are very unlikely, and four nights in the state has me believing you must be a very optimistic New Yorker..
BV did say something to the effect of criss-crossing the country as well as mentioning the unlikeliness of multiple nights at any venue.

In light of all that, and factoring in the size of the market(s) in Vancouver/Seattle/Portland, as well as their absence on the last tour, I think it's almost a lock that you'll see one or two shows in the Northwest.

I also think you'll see another Vegas appearance... Also the LA rumor looked more like a kick-off event(Kimmel?) as opposed to a show..

Vancouver or Seattle festival appearance included in rumors.
San Francisco for sure, likely ATT Park, June 6th or so
I think the LA appearance will indeed be a concert, not a TV show, while a Kimmel appearance would be cool, it is by no means cool enough.
I also think this multiple NY shows rumor is false, just doesn't make sense with all the other places that want and deserve to see them play.
Vegas? It doesn't make sense to me, maybe in 2017 for a couple weeks of shows.

I get the feeling the Stones webmaster has the dates all written up for their website and is standing by waiting to hit the publish button.....

peace

peace

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 9, 2015 17:19

Alpine Valley in Troy, Wisconsin is next to Illinois. That would be nice.

Date: March 9, 2015 17:29

Surley Texas and Florida get a show.

Dallas Cotton Bowl.

Great place to see the Stones. Then add ZZ Top and you got a repeat of 1981!

Come on Mick and the Boys.

Been too long for Texas

Dallas loves the Stones!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home