Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 03:03

I'm sorry, what do you mean by "I will help"?

Date: March 8, 2015 03:13

Chris Fountain
stones2000
How likely do you think it is for the Stones to come to Vancouver or Seattle? I'm a huge stones fan, just started using this board smiling smiley

Well, you have picked the right place to visit.

Tour Date and Venues are uncertain. Funny thing- I think Seattle, Portland , and Vancouver have been neglected as far as concert venues are concerned over many years. I will help!

We're Going to the Concert!!!!

Sorry, I meant to quote the first time. What did you mean by I will help?

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 8, 2015 04:00

Fantastic news! I guess I will go to the bank on Monday and just give them my place in exchange for lots of moolah!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 8, 2015 04:09

stones2000
Chris Fountain
stones2000
How likely do you think it is for the Stones to come to Vancouver or Seattle? I'm a huge stones fan, just started using this board smiling smiley

Tour Date and Venues are uncertain. Funny thing- I think Seattle, Portland , and Vancouver have been neglected as far as concert venues are concerned over many years. I will help!

I recommend all efforts to See the Stones. I'm only offering guidance. Sweet Virginia will be played!!

We're going to the concert!!!!

Date: March 8, 2015 04:31

Chris Fountain
stones2000
Chris Fountain
stones2000

I recommend all efforts to See the Stones. I'm only offering guidance. Sweet Virginia will be played!!

We're going to the concert!!!!

Wait, do you have the same inside knowledge bv seems to have? Are you giving clues?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 8, 2015 06:23

Praise the Lord!

Just started a new job - oh well!

Hoping for SF, LA and maybe Vegas smiling smiley

Date: March 8, 2015 09:30

Does anyone think it possible the Stones will drop by near seattle or vancouver this tour?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:17

More Hot Rocks
Toronto is the North American home of the Stones!!!! Not NYC. Love it. I live in Buffalo, NY. 2 hours away from Toronto!! Never been to NYC and never will.

You don't need to travel this year. See you in Buffalo.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:27

BV, will the Buffalo concert be at Ralph Wilson Stadium or at First Niagara Center? Thank you!!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:28

bv
You don't need to travel this year. See you in Buffalo.

WHAT???? Nooooooooooo!!!!!

Date: March 8, 2015 13:30

stones2000
Chris Fountain
stones2000
Chris Fountain
stones2000

We're going to he concert!!!!

Wait, do you have the same inside knowledge bv seems to have? Are you giving clues?

I have no inside information whatsoever. The Modertaor does. I can only specualate that Seattle will be in the mix. I'm not sure how often in the past the Stones have played Portland, Seattle or even Vancouver.

However, I like seeing the Stones in concert at different cities. Strategy offers a different perspective. Of course home venue attendance is a must!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-08 13:43 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:47

Buffalo will be cool!!! I'll be hitting this one for sure.

Date: March 8, 2015 13:48

If you know how the Stones promoters book shows, they use to book different cities tour by tour. They played many major market cities in 2013, so this summer they will do other cities, different from 2013. They did Boston, Chicago and Toronto two years ago in the north east areas, so this summer they are visiting other cities. I would not call these new cities secondary markets, just different cities. There are so many great large Stones fanbase cities in North America. In fact USA & Canada is the largest market for the Stones. They could tour USA&Canada forevber if they had the time to do it. The summer NA tour 2015 will be announced soon, and it will be a great tour with many great cities all across USA, and also crossing the border to Canada.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:54

You must be excited BV in that you'll be visiting some different cities than 2013!! So I must ask, taking out NYC will Buffalo be the closest destination to Boston? Maybe Providence or Hartford?

Best regards

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:54

Any chance of the Stones rollin' into Pittsburgh?

Posted by: nicklibertine ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:59

I live in Edinburgh (UK) and I've never seen the Stones (only them and Blur are left on my 'must-see' list) - I just happen to be in New York the first week of July, praying I've times it perfectly for a Stones gig!

Date: March 8, 2015 14:00

MingSubu
Any chance of the Stones rollin' into Pittsburgh?

Yes.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: March 8, 2015 14:04

bv
If you know how the Stones promoters book shows, they use to book different cities tour by tour. They played many major market cities in 2013, so this summer they will do other cities, different from 2013. They did Boston, Chicago and Toronto two years ago in the north east areas, so this summer they are visiting other cities. I would not call these new cities secondary markets, just different cities. There are so many great large Stones fanbase cities in North America. In fact USA & Canada is the largest market for the Stones. They could tour USA&Canada forevber if they had the time to do it. The summer NA tour 2015 will be announced soon, and it will be a great tour with many great cities all across USA, and also crossing the border to Canada.

BV, great to hear Canada is included ! Can you say if eastern Canadian city is part of tour. Thanks for this info !

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: March 8, 2015 14:40

No visit to Chicago this time? Milwaukee perhaps?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 8, 2015 14:53

Bjornulf, as far as the midwest, is Ohio on the agenda, perhaps Columbus?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 8, 2015 15:07

This subject of possible venues is starting to unravel my nerves. Yes- I want them to play S.Florida or L.A. (Here on project) It would make things easier. However, I don't care of any venue or location. I don't care about money anymore.

We are going to the Concert, come hell or high water!!

Date: March 8, 2015 15:09

Bv, is there a chance for Seattle or Vancouver?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:12

Foxborough MA?

Date: March 8, 2015 15:14

Does that mean Philadelphia will be skipped as well, given it falls in the same category of Boston and Chicago? I thought I read that the Stones liked cheesesteaks as well (ocassionally hoagies). Well, maybe I dreamed that

Any chance of a Baltimore show? Seems they are getting a few more shows at m&T this summer.

Date: March 8, 2015 15:19

stones2000

No offense - see the Stones at another venue if the Great NW is omitted. Trust me, seeing the stones in concert is pure magic!!

Either you are in or not Let's GOOOOOO!!!

We're going to the concert!

Date: March 8, 2015 15:26

Chris Fountain
stones2000

No offense - see the Stones at another venue if the Great NW is omitted. Trust me, seeing the stones in concert is pure magic!!

Either you are in or not Let's GOOOOOO!!!

We're going to the concert!

I sure will if there's any way possible man!

Date: March 8, 2015 15:32

3DTeafoe

I have so many great memories from following The Rolling Stones in America. In 1997 they started the tour in Chicago Tuesday Sept 23. I was at the Bridges To Babylon presss conference in NYC in Brooklyn with the Manhattan backdrop in August 1997, such a great event. Then I went hope for some work, and had a return flight into Chicago on Friday Sept 19. I missed the Double Door show by one day, but next day I was inside Soldier Field for hours, one of the greatest memories as a Stones fan ever. I arrived before the Stones, I was there for hours, and as they arrived backstage, I was sitting like 5-6 feet away from Keith as he walked by me, sitting in the golf cart as "working personel". Later on, I was on the pitch, standing next to Michael Cohl, watching the Stones live on stage. As nobody knows me, I could be standing next to the guy who own the tour without bothering anybody. For may be three hours, more than just a show. I wrote a short report about it here, see link below, but I could, and probably will, write abook about that tour later on:

[www.iorr.org]

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I do love the windy city, and I have seen the Stones in Chicago every tour since then, also in nearby St Louis, my favorite Budweiser city, but on this tour, I will see the Stones next door Chicago in a state I have never seen the Stones before. It will be great experience, I am sure. My countdown has started. It is hard to wait the few remaining weeks when you have this addiction, but I will make it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:37

bv
3DTeafoe

I have so many great memories from following The Rolling Stones in America. In 1997 they started the tour in Chicago Tuesday Sept 23. I was at the Bridges To Babylon presss conference in NYC in Brooklyn with the Manhattan backdrop in August 1997, such a great event. Then I went hope for some work, and had a return flight into Chicago on Friday Sept 19. I missed the Double Door show by one day, but next day I was inside Soldier Field for hours, one of the greatest memories as a Stones fan ever. I arrived before the Stones, I was there for hours, and as they arrived backstage, I was sitting like 5-6 feet away from Keith as he walked by me, sitting in the golf cart as "working personel". Later on, I was on the pitch, standing next to Michael Cohl, watching the Stones live on stage. As nobody knows me, I could be standing next to the guy who own the tour without bothering anybody. For may be three hours, more than just a show. I wrote a short report about it here, see link below, but I could, and probably will, write abook about that tour later on:

[www.iorr.org]

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I do love the windy city, and I have seen the Stones in Chicago every tour since then, also in nearby St Louis, my favorite Budweiser city, but on this tour, I will see the Stones next door Chicago in a state I have never seen the Stones before. It will be great experience, I am sure. My countdown has started. It is hard to wait the few remaining weeks when you have this addiction, but I will make it.

MORE BREADCRUMBS!!

Missouri? Iowa? (no way!), Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky??

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:43

2120Joe
Hello IORR’s. I am a long time lerker, first time poster. It is such an exciting time to be a RS fan! Thank you BV for hosting this site and for all the information. I can’t wait for the rumored dates to be posted on the 2015 Tour Date page!

I have been a fan since I first heard Sympathy played at basketball practice while in the 8th grade. 35 years later and having seen the Stones over 60 times in a half dozen countries and a dozen states I am more excited then ever to see them again!

Ill take what they give! War horses, ballads, covers and rarities-SF in stadiums will be great! Big band, stripped, w/wo MT-if thats how the boys want it, thats what Ill take! They decide and make it come out better than anyone else. I have never walked out of a RS concert not wanting more and sure what I had just seen was the best.

Having a very responsible life, being an accountant with a significant other and four kids, The Rolling Stones are the freedom, sex, drugs and rock and roll that I celebrate (at least in my head)! I last saw them in 2012/2013 attending the two Newark shows and three Chicago shows. I plan to see them much more this tour. I hope to camp out at rehearsals (for the first time) and attend shows in many new cities! I am fortunate to be self employed and very slow during May, June and July. It would be nice to meet some of you and to hang out with other solo traveling fans in these cities.

A few more thanks: The posters and insiders for sharing intimate knowledge of the band; Rene for the track talk and those posters there with technical and guitar knowledge that I lack; and again BV for providing this site for us fans to enjoy being fans.

Welcome aboard

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 15:44

2120Joe
Hello IORR’s. I am a long time lerker, first time poster. It is such an exciting time to be a RS fan! Thank you BV for hosting this site and for all the information. I can’t wait for the rumored dates to be posted on the 2015 Tour Date page!

I have been a fan since I first heard Sympathy played at basketball practice while in the 8th grade. 35 years later and having seen the Stones over 60 times in a half dozen countries and a dozen states I am more excited then ever to see them again!

Ill take what they give! War horses, ballads, covers and rarities-SF in stadiums will be great! Big band, stripped, w/wo MT-if thats how the boys want it, thats what Ill take! They decide and make it come out better than anyone else. I have never walked out of a RS concert not wanting more and sure what I had just seen was the best.

Having a very responsible life, being an accountant with a significant other and four kids, The Rolling Stones are the freedom, sex, drugs and rock and roll that I celebrate (at least in my head)! I last saw them in 2012/2013 attending the two Newark shows and three Chicago shows. I plan to see them much more this tour. I hope to camp out at rehearsals (for the first time) and attend shows in many new cities! I am fortunate to be self employed and very slow during May, June and July. It would be nice to meet some of you and to hang out with other solo traveling fans in these cities.

A few more thanks: The posters and insiders for sharing intimate knowledge of the band; Rene for the track talk and those posters there with technical and guitar knowledge that I lack; and again BV for providing this site for us fans to enjoy being fans.

Welcome aboard from another relative newcomer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home