Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:35

Sounds good, just added you on FB (nathan d).
(in response to Keefy)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 22:38 by longhorn14.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:38

Just curious, bv, have the stones finalized where they're playing for certain already?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 9, 2015 22:49

stones2000
treaclefingers
stones2000
Wait, bv, are you only hinting at East Coast shows right now? Is that why I haven't heard anything from you about possible farther west coast shows?

since when have LA, San Diego and Red Rocks been on the East Coast?

There is a method to his madness, we just don't know what that method is at the moment!

Yeah true, but I meant really far west coast (like Vancouver or Washington State. That's about as West Coast as it gets

Why don't we just agree on Vancouver, Washington, which is across the Columbia River from Portland.

Great compromise!

Date: March 9, 2015 23:02

treaclefingers
stones2000
treaclefingers
stones2000
Wait, bv, are you only hinting at East Coast shows right now? Is that why I haven't heard anything from you about possible farther west coast shows?

since when have LA, San Diego and Red Rocks been on the East Coast?

There is a method to his madness, we just don't know what that method is at the moment!

Yeah true, but I meant really far west coast (like Vancouver or Washington State. That's about as West Coast as it gets

Why don't we just agree on Vancouver, Washington, which is across the Columbia River from Portland.

Great compromise!

Perfect! smiling smiley. Man I hope they make an announcement soon!

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 23:37

montreal1
Spoke to a reliable source and he told me to keep thinking about new Ontario festival, not Quebec, and Buffalo not on the list...Make sense Bonnaroo guy has money to pay the bill !

Live Nation has a music festival happening at Downsview Park Aug 01/02....Aug 03 (Monday) is a civic holiday....stage will be up!

Downsview Park Festival

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 23:40 by palerider22.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 9, 2015 23:41

Stones726
Maindefender
Naturalust
MisterDDDD
wickerman
I think the dates start to shape up pretty nicely. Considering the rumoured shows you can easily see the possible routing. As the tour will be 15 dates (15 ON FIRE?) we don't have many gaps left to fill (at least 8 cities already rumoured, if they play 2-3 nights in NYC that leaves us with around 5 shows TBC)... Looking at the routing, I would say it's highly likely they will skip Northwest (Seattle/Vancouver) and Southeast (Florida, Atlanta) on this tour... I have added some possible dates in between the rumoured shows to fill the schedule.

San Diego, CA @ Petco Park
Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Phoenix, AZ?
1-2 TX dates

Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Kansas City OR St. Louis, MO??
Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Festival

Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium OR Indianapolis Speedway
Pittsburgh, PA @ PNC Park
New York, NY @ Forest Hills (2-3 dates?)
Buffalo, NY @ Coca-Cola Field OR UB Stadium
Ottawa, ON @ Bluesfest OR Quebec City, QB @ Festival d'été

I think two to three nights in NYC are very unlikely, and four nights in the state has me believing you must be a very optimistic New Yorker..
BV did say something to the effect of criss-crossing the country as well as mentioning the unlikeliness of multiple nights at any venue.

In light of all that, and factoring in the size of the market(s) in Vancouver/Seattle/Portland, as well as their absence on the last tour, I think it's almost a lock that you'll see one or two shows in the Northwest.

I also think you'll see another Vegas appearance... Also the LA rumor looked more like a kick-off event(Kimmel?) as opposed to a show..

Vancouver or Seattle festival appearance included in rumors.
San Francisco for sure, likely ATT Park, June 6th or so
I think the LA appearance will indeed be a concert, not a TV show, while a Kimmel appearance would be cool, it is by no means cool enough.
I also think this multiple NY shows rumor is false, just doesn't make sense with all the other places that want and deserve to see them play.
Vegas? It doesn't make sense to me, maybe in 2017 for a couple weeks of shows.

I get the feeling the Stones webmaster has the dates all written up for their website and is standing by waiting to hit the publish button.....

peace

peace

Letterman is done May 20, looks like Keith will win that war. But I always wanted to see the Stones play at the Ed Sullivan Theatre another time.

Why is San Francisco a lock? They played in Oakland which is 5 or 6 miles from San Francisco & San Jose is about 60 miles South

It's a large population center and I can't think of a single tour since 1981 where the Bay Area was skipped. SF makes sense precisely because they played Oakland and San Jose in '13......leaving SF orphaned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 00:27 by Woz.

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 23:54

new Ontario festival will take place July 24 to 26 at Burl’s Creek Event Grounds outside of Barrie, Ont. Bonnaroo promoter...

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 00:22

That would be cool....camping! But it doesn't sound like a Stones type festival at all...

Ontario Festival

Date: March 10, 2015 01:09

Can i have a clue as to when I should be looking on making a train reservation Amtrak from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh?

Dave from Dayton claims he made the trip in 3 hours and 8 minutes which I think is BS because its 254 miles from him. Says I should hit the R&R hall of fame after.

Wonder if they would play Heinz second weekend in June? Phillies are there as well.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:27

This is too much fun.. Love the Speedway idea! Please, no Letterman gig. That hack doesn't need the Stones.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:46

I don't see the Stones doing that festival. It's at the end of July for one thing, and their tour is supposed to end mid July. Also it says "inspired by Bonnaroo" not that it's the same promoter.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: March 10, 2015 01:57

Regarding San Diego @ Petco Park:

The Padres are away Friday, May 22 - Wednesday, May 27. And my inside ticket sales source with the team says he has heard rumors to the effect of a Petco show.

Together these are good signs, I guess.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 02:23

treaclefingers
I'm guessing the Indiana show will be in one of these centres:

Race-use Speedway Indianapolis Speedway 257 325 1909 all-seater

Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football South Bend Notre Dame Stadium 80 795 1930 all-seater

Indianapolis Colts Football Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium 70 000 2008 all-seater

Purdue Boilermakers Football W. Lafayette Ross-Ade Stadium 62 500 1924 all-seater

Indiana Hoosiers Football Bloomington Memorial Stadium 53 500 1960 all-seater

[www.worldstadiums.com][/

quote]

Lucas Stadium.....no brainer

Date: March 10, 2015 02:40

It it were PNC vs. Heinz Field looking at road trips for the Bucs it looks like 6/20 is an open Saturday and 7/1 is an open Wednesday. It almost seems like a logistical move to go from Pit to Indianapolis in 3 days

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 10, 2015 03:14

Just a thought: Maybe they are planning a tour announcement similar to what
Was done in 1975 with the moving flatbed trailer. The stones played Brown Sugar
which would require little if any rehearsing. This could all be done rather
quickly in NYC or LA and would fit with the Sticky Fingers theme. Seems the band
Has always reflected highly of that event.

Nowadays, some sort of permit would probably be required which would potentially let secret out. Somthing like this could happen anytime if the key members
are in town. I seem to remember Ronnie has another commitment approaching though in London I think.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 10, 2015 04:21

I think it would be cool if they annonced the tour on CNBC's Squawk Box before opening bell!

Posted by: Dman51 ()
Date: March 10, 2015 04:35

Sticky fingers in it's entirety? Knew it was rumored but that would be awesome along with the usual warhorses. This article seems accurate based on BV's posts unless of course they were simply using him as their source... Either way hope we hear something this week!

From SongMango.com

Look for an official Rolling Stones tour announcement coming up, maybe as soon as this week. The legendary band will be announcing the re-issue of their classic 1971 album, Sticky Fingers, in addition to a 14-city North American trek.

Reportedly, the band will play the entire Sticky Fingers album each show. Tracks include: “Bitch,” “Wild Horses,” “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” (video below), “Brown Sugar,” “You Gotta Move” (video below) and “Dead Flowers.”

The tour is to kickoff in late May at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, and then head down to San Diego (though that could be in reverse order as the schedule has yet to be finalized). The one firm date is July 4th at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Other dates are to include Red Rocks in Colorado, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and somewhere in NYC. There will Canadian cities on the tour, which could include a festival.

The inside scoop is that the tour venues (not surprisingly) will be stadiums and amphitheaters. There could also be a Los Angeles promotional warm-up show of some sort in late May.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 10, 2015 04:42

Sounds like SongMango is getting their information from IORR....

peace

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 10, 2015 04:57

Naturalust
Sounds like SongMango is getting their information from IORR....

peace

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an announcement about the tour debut of "SweetHearts Together.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 05:03 by Chris Fountain.

Date: March 10, 2015 05:31

We're all zeroing on show locations - and I'm still thinking Bonnaroo, but I'm also betting we'll see Mick and the boys actually doing some live performances to promote the tour and the deluxe Sticky reissue. Best bets would be Saturday night Live and probably Jimmy Fallon.
I don't even want to think of this as a tour - it's a freakin' celebration!

Date: March 10, 2015 05:46

Dman51
Sticky fingers in it's entirety? Knew it was rumored but that would be awesome along with the usual warhorses. This article seems accurate based on BV's posts unless of course they were simply using him as their source... Either way hope we hear something this week!

From SongMango.com

Look for an official Rolling Stones tour announcement coming up, maybe as soon as this week. The legendary band will be announcing the re-issue of their classic 1971 album, Sticky Fingers, in addition to a 14-city North American trek.

Reportedly, the band will play the entire Sticky Fingers album each show. Tracks include: “Bitch,” “Wild Horses,” “Can’t You Hear Me Knocking” (video below), “Brown Sugar,” “You Gotta Move” (video below) and “Dead Flowers.”

The tour is to kickoff in late May at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, and then head down to San Diego (though that could be in reverse order as the schedule has yet to be finalized). The one firm date is July 4th at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Other dates are to include Red Rocks in Colorado, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and somewhere in NYC. There will Canadian cities on the tour, which could include a festival.

The inside scoop is that the tour venues (not surprisingly) will be stadiums and amphitheaters. There could also be a Los Angeles promotional warm-up show of some sort in late May.

Does anyone else find it kind of hard to believe they'd play nothing but Sticky Fingers songs, when they have so many amazing other albums and classics? I mean, I can certainly see a few more SF songs than usual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 05:47 by stones2000.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 10, 2015 05:51

Anxious to hear Mick's witty marijuana reparte in Colorado. Red Rocks will smell amazing.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 10, 2015 05:53

Chris Fountain
I think it would be cool if they annonced the tour on CNBC's Squawk Box before opening bell!
I would have to think long and hard for a worse venue to announce from... Maybe Faux News..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-10 05:54 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 10, 2015 05:54

stones2000
Dman51

From SongMango.com

Does anyone else find it kind of hard to believe they'd play nothing but Sticky Fingers songs, when they have so many amazing other albums and classics? I mean, I can certainly see a few more SF songs than usual

Only a portion of the show would be Sticky Fingers. No more than half I assume.

Date: March 10, 2015 05:59

swimtothemoon
stones2000
Dman51

From SongMango.com

Only a portion of the show would be Sticky Fingers. No more than half I assume.

Yeah, that's what I figured could happen. They have so many other hits they couldn't just ignore. Also, referencec to multiple Canadian shows... Vancouver? smiling smiley

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: March 10, 2015 07:30

Indy Speedway over the 4th almost seems like a direct response to the fiasco in Chicago with the (way oversold / over scalped) Grateful Dead Fare The Well thing at Soldier Field over the same weekend...

Date: March 10, 2015 12:36

kahoosier
57 years on my family still has a block of tickets to the Indianapolis 500 and pit passes.

Hey Steve......seems only reasonable that your family should also receive a block of tickets and 'pit' passes for the Stones show.....

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 10, 2015 12:37

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: March 10, 2015 12:54

Cool! And thanks for the link ... BTW: They show MT in the teaser, so perhaps ......

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: March 10, 2015 12:56

goinhome
Indy Speedway over the 4th almost seems like a direct response to the fiasco in Chicago with the (way oversold / over scalped) Grateful Dead Fare The Well thing at Soldier Field over the same weekend...

Works for me. I just goy my rejection letter from the 'Dead yesterday and the returned money orders now await the Stones announcement.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home