Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 26, 2015 11:18

BV, I mean this post with all due respect, so please don't delete it, but:

a) what RoughJustice said

b) yes, there's a lot of small talk here, but that's going to be the case so long as we have no actual information about the 2015 tour.

c) I agree that comparing guitarists is not the point of this thread. Fair enough. But the fact that the Taylor issue keeps coming up again and again on this board (and it is about MT: none of us are 'bashing' Ronnie, or calling for him to be replaced) should make it clear that this is a really important issue for Stones fans - and this is a board for actual fans, not the casual ones who probably buy most of the concert tickets now. It's neither reasonable nor realistic to expect people to just stop talking about this. (You've already closed one MT thread this week and edited another so it didn't relate to the Stones. I know rules are rules, but it's easy to get the impression that MT's relationship with the Stones is not up for discussion around here.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-26 13:26 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 26, 2015 11:19

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Do we need to blame Ronnie for anything? If people don't like his playing - fine.

It's a shame that Mick Taylor hasn't been invited to this tour, I really hoped he would have been, especially since he gave us all those thrilling moments on SF.

However, Ronnie can't help being a Rolling Stone. He is. Don't blame him.

And for chrissake, Mick, it's never to late to change your mind!

Don't exaggerate. It's not a shame if MT hasn't been invited to this tour.
But it's interesting that you ask MJ so desperately "for chrissake, Mick, it's never to late to change your mind". So you finally acknowledge Mj is leading mor than the tango...?
Or do you realize the band's / KR's decision they did not want him on this tour?

Anyway: you know you have to ask KR to change his mind... you know that..

I don't wanna put on a show this time, Dreamer, but I would like to point out that your post is confusing. If Keith had anything to do with this he and Mick are way better friends than I thought...

But you are of course just pedanting about who's the boss here smiling smiley

Actually you were putting on a show with: "It's a shame that.." and "And for chrissake, Mick, it's never to late to change your mind!"

To tour is a band decision. To have MT as a guest is also a band decision. So of course KR had anything to do with that! And in tango both should respect each other's role or they'll dance something that doesn't look like tango.

It was very nice of them to invite MT. The celebrations are behind them now and they make other choices this time. Friends or business partners: they know how to make those decisions as a band.
You know KR and MJ can veto so when MT is not on tour you shouldn't make a show with addressing shame and blame like you did.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 26, 2015 13:25

*deleted, hit quote post when I meant to edit a previous one*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-26 13:26 by Stoneburst.

Date: February 26, 2015 14:00

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman
Do we need to blame Ronnie for anything? If people don't like his playing - fine.

It's a shame that Mick Taylor hasn't been invited to this tour, I really hoped he would have been, especially since he gave us all those thrilling moments on SF.

However, Ronnie can't help being a Rolling Stone. He is. Don't blame him.

And for chrissake, Mick, it's never to late to change your mind!

Don't exaggerate. It's not a shame if MT hasn't been invited to this tour.
But it's interesting that you ask MJ so desperately "for chrissake, Mick, it's never to late to change your mind". So you finally acknowledge Mj is leading mor than the tango...?
Or do you realize the band's / KR's decision they did not want him on this tour?

Anyway: you know you have to ask KR to change his mind... you know that..

I don't wanna put on a show this time, Dreamer, but I would like to point out that your post is confusing. If Keith had anything to do with this he and Mick are way better friends than I thought...

But you are of course just pedanting about who's the boss here smiling smiley

Actually you were putting on a show with: "It's a shame that.." and "And for chrissake, Mick, it's never to late to change your mind!"

To tour is a band decision. To have MT as a guest is also a band decision. So of course KR had anything to do with that! And in tango both should respect each other's role or they'll dance something that doesn't look like tango.

It was very nice of them to invite MT. The celebrations are behind them now and they make other choices this time. Friends or business partners: they know how to make those decisions as a band.
You know KR and MJ can veto so when MT is not on tour you shouldn't make a show with addressing shame and blame like you did.

There are others here who could say more about this, and I will refrain from doing that. I'm not sure if you're that well-informed this time, though, but I'm aware about the politics in this - and the fact that there are more than one side to every story.

Yes but nobody here is as well-informed as the band. Just follow the information back and forth.
The band makes the decision but when someone in the band talks about those things to someone in the crew/office/management/friends about how not happy he is with a decision...that's politics you know? And by the way: MJ never talks about things like that. He only did once to a journalist in the eighties and never again. He's dancing a tango with a very nice and charming and funny partner who's also very difficult to rely on...for years and years.
I'll give you this side of the story: all politics/gossip/rumours are never in favor of MJ...

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 26, 2015 15:13

bv
The countdown has started!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2015 16:39

I do know I did merge the "Ronnie Wood fan club" thread into this thread, it was done in a weak moment, I should have deleted it or just closed it. My excuse is it was sort of tour related, but yes it was spam in this context. It was my first error this year, I am not perfect you know.

The problem with these "I love xxx" is they are really fueling the other part i.e. "I hate...". Right now I don't want any more "Why does not Mick Taylor play on the tour". Also, I don't want any variations of that theme, because it is a non-issue. The tour has not started yet, and there is no confirmed info on the subject, any in any case, running petitions is what I call a campaign, and at this stage it is simply wrong, also aganst the IORR posting policy. The band chose their on stage members. Period. Small kids cry for candy. Big kids cry for Taylor or Wood, I do understand, but please do not cry in this thread about that subject.

If there are dozens and dozens of "I love Mick" and "Ì hate stadiums" and so on this thread, how would it be possible to find more important information like the fact that they will be playing Pittsburgh this summer? I mean the more smalltalk there is here the harder it is to get the real info.

Feel free to start a separate thread about smalltalk, the "Less important talks about the summer tour", or call it anything you like, or the "Summer dreams" thread, or the "I have a dream" thread? I am just trying to keep stuff a bit organized here, and those who have a fixed predictable number of items on their work desk will probably understand what I mean.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 26, 2015 16:43

Pittsburgh!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 26, 2015 16:49

Dreamer

To tour is a band decision.

That's very clear... Thx for the info Dreamer!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 26, 2015 17:10

Some people are taking things here way too seriously...

I mean, a new Stones tour... It's Santa Claus in June... Well, would prefer MT on board.. But enjoy it as it comes... Some here are figthing in excruciating way..

Don't forget it's all about two hours of licks and fun.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2015 17:32

its good to be anywhere
Roscoe
[email protected]

A Philly show gets a ratio of (1) and a DC/Baltimore show gets a Ratio of (2) .
NYC is around (1.5)

I'm guessing you can forget about a DC/Baltimore show. DC got a show in 2013 and it's not an important enough market to hit again given that there are more than enough other cities that weren't visited in 2013.

I'm guessing that the Stones will do a Southern/Southwestern US leg that will definitely include Atlanta and Miami (and maybe another large Florida city) as well as Dallas and maybe Phoenix AZ. I think Charlotte, NC is possibly the closest the Stones might play to the DC/ Baltimore area unless the Stones decide to do some unexpected Giants stadium gigs in order to make the numbers work.

Pittsburgh and Philly are closer to DC than Charlotte and NYC is an easy train ride up on Amtrak.
I'd love to see them in DC again, but I'll be happy to travel as far as I need to for an east coast show...or two, or three...

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 26, 2015 17:46

latebloomer
its good to be anywhere
Roscoe
[email protected]

NYC is around (1.5)

I'm guessing you can forget about a DC/Baltimore show. DC got a show in 2013 and it's not an important enough market to hit again given that there are more than enough other cities that weren't visited in 2013.

I'm guessing that the Stones will do a Southern/Southwestern US leg that will definitely include Atlanta and Miami (and maybe another large Florida city) as well as Dallas and maybe Phoenix AZ. I think Charlotte, NC is possibly the closest the Stones might play to the DC/ Baltimore area unless the Stones decide to do some unexpected Giants stadium gigs in order to make the numbers work.

Pittsburgh and Philly are closer to DC than Charlotte and NYC is an easy train ride up on Amtrak.
I'd love to see them in DC again, but I'll be happy to travel as far as I need to for an east coast show...or two, or three...

nice to hear Charlotte mentioned, even if its only speculation..

my hope is they schedule a Fox Theater Atlanta show, and that I get to go to it...most beautiful theater I've ever been in, and they love it..

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 26, 2015 17:48

"It was my first error this year, I am not perfect you know." BV
You do a great job and are called out for even the slightest misstep. The guitar talk is really old, yet it's amazingly easy to be drawn into the endless stupid argument. There should be just one thread where you can toss all that bs into, ie "Wood / Taylor Discussions". It's impossible to ignore the subject but it stinks when it gets spread out all over the board... Peace and thanks for all the great information..

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 26, 2015 17:56

duke richardson
latebloomer
its good to be anywhere
Roscoe
[email protected]

NYC is around (1.5)

nice to hear Charlotte mentioned, even if its only speculation..

my hope is they schedule a Fox Theater Atlanta show, and that I get to go to it...most beautiful theater I've ever been in, and they love it..

Me too Duke, I used to live in ATL and would love to have a Stones excuse to visit again. Hope to see you there! smileys with beer

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 26, 2015 18:14

thanks latebloomer! smiling smiley

its great to have Stones concerts to look forward to!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 26, 2015 18:37

bv
VERY INPORTANT MESSAGE:

I will DELETE posts NOT related to TOUR 2015 in this thread from now on. Please STAY ON TOPIC, or I will have to close the entire thread. I don't need this thread. Then - before you post the 100th post about your favorite guitar players - do really YOU want to be the reason why this thread was closed?

It is too much spam and non-related smalltalk here now.

ON topic On topic On topic ........ the Rolling Stones WILL tour this summer the Rolling Stones WILL tour this summer the Rolling Stones WILL tour this summer .......... and so on and so on and so on !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 26, 2015 19:06

BV

Can you give us a hint as to how many citites are getting a show?

Can you give us a hint if there are any big stadium shows?

PLEASE!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 26, 2015 22:50

YEAH PITTSBURGH!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 26, 2015 22:51

I doubt they'll come back to Louisville, but I am hoping for Nashville, Memphis or Atlanta. The south needs a great gig.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: February 26, 2015 23:01

flacnvinyl
I doubt they'll come back to Louisville, but I am hoping for Nashville, Memphis or Atlanta. The south needs a great gig.

Not sure what you think Drake, but it seems that the big Papa John's stadium would easily get filled, yes?

Posted by: mattbel ()
Date: February 26, 2015 23:24

kahoosier
YEAH PITTSBURGH!!!

Fingers crossed! 2005 was a long time ago.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 26, 2015 23:43

two4fun111
flacnvinyl

Not sure what you think Drake, but it seems that the big Papa John's stadium would easily get filled, yes?

Papa Johns Stadium can definitely handle 55,000 which is roughly the same attendance as the Churchill Downs gig back in 2005. I am really curious if we're on their radar. Ofcourse I would extend an invite to all IORR'ers to a killer after show party. Louisville Kentucky is the land of bourbon!

I am really curious whether they will do a lot of shows or a few. As BV alluded, how will they make this special? Only a few shows this summer, or a 'normal' tour?

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:13

;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-27 00:14 by virgil.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:17

bv
It was my first error this year, I am not perfect you know.

Stop being so Modest, of course you are.

Date: February 27, 2015 00:30

flacnvinyl
two4fun111
flacnvinyl

Papa Johns Stadium can definitely handle 55,000 which is roughly the same attendance as the Churchill Downs gig back in 2005. I am really curious if we're on their radar. Ofcourse I would extend an invite to all IORR'ers to a killer after show party. Louisville Kentucky is the land of bourbon!

I am really curious whether they will do a lot of shows or a few. As BV alluded, how will they make this special? Only a few shows this summer, or a 'normal' tour?

It will have a theme...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 27, 2015 00:45

flacnvinyl
I am really curious whether they will do a lot of shows or a few.

If it's a stadium tour, that means high initial costs - which will need to be amortized over a lot of shows. So we can assume that the 14 on Fire theme - or whatever it was called - is dead.

At this point, it's all business and no sentiment. Promoters - and city fathers - are clamoring for the Stones, offering big guarantees, and the Stones/Live Nation are playing them against each other. Taxpayers are definitely on the hook, and it's shady stuff - as the Chicago Tribune reported a few days ago when a Chicago city paid $1m to Garth Brooks to play there.

[www.chicagotribune.com]

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 27, 2015 01:30

dcba
Dreamer

To tour is a band decision.

That's very clear... Thx for the info Dreamer!

Dreamer was giving his subjective impression of the situation.
Information is based on facts that can be verified.
In this case, Dreamer's account would fail that test.

It is misleading to present an opinion as information.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:07

It's been a while, iorr.org.

OI see this forum is no longer full of petty bickering, lol!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:20

4 September 2009:
Britain's oldest married couple reveal it is the bickering which has made their love last.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 27, 2015 02:38

jamesfdouglas
It's been a while, iorr.org.

OI see this forum is no longer full of petty bickering, lol!

Nice to see you back James. peace

Date: February 27, 2015 04:15

It's been around 6 weeks since Bonnaroo has been discussed.
Has anyone heard anything about the next announcement for additional performers for Bonnaroo?
I can't accept that Billy Joel will remain the headlining act for this festival.
With dates for Bonnaroo in mid June, and the Stones touring at this time, this may be the most realistic opportunity for them to play a fest in the USA.
Also I'm guessing we may see a surprise performance on SNL. Stones could break tradition and just open the show with..."ladies & gentlemen, live from New York... The Rolling Stones!"
Now that's how to kick off the 15 on Fire tour of North America!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home