Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 8, 2015 19:50

MoreFastNumbers
Indoor arena gigs in 2015?

Stufish's recently renewed webpage gives us a serious hint about some arena shows this year as in the description of the '14 On Fire' tour's stage design it says : "All features will transfer to indoor arenas for 2015’s run of tour." (anyway that was the case for the Australian arena shows too).

Check it out here: Stufish - 14 On Fire

nice catch.that really says it all.the stones are touring in 2015 and they're doing arenas.

i hate to say this but rock and roll isnt nearly as popular in this day and age in the states as it is in europe and south america.
most big festivals here are edm or a niche show like the chicago blues fest or new orleans jazz.

having said that-mgm works with the stones when they come to vegas and they own that piece of land where rock in rio is being held.
you also may see them come back early 2016 to open the new arena behind the new york new york hotel.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 9, 2015 00:01

GasLightStreet
Seeing those pics gave me a headache!

Oh my, poor you. Better not watch them again then. I sure hope the headache is gone by now. Best wishes.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 9, 2015 00:38

lem motlow
MoreFastNumbers
Indoor arena gigs in 2015?

Stufish's recently renewed webpage gives us a serious hint about some arena shows this year as in the description of the '14 On Fire' tour's stage design it says : "All features will transfer to indoor arenas for 2015’s run of tour." (anyway that was the case for the Australian arena shows too).

Check it out here: Stufish - 14 On Fire

nice catch.that really says it all.the stones are touring in 2015 and they're doing arenas.

i hate to say this but rock and roll isnt nearly as popular in this day and age in the states as it is in europe and south america.
most big festivals here are edm or a niche show like the chicago blues fest or new orleans jazz.

having said that-mgm works with the stones when they come to vegas and they own that piece of land where rock in rio is being held.
you also may see them come back early 2016 to open the new arena behind the new york new york hotel.

I have to disagree with you on their popularity. The Stones might not get radio play these days or massive press from every entertainment mag, but they still have a MASSIVE fan base.

When the Stones announced the US tour dates, every single person in my region called me up and said they wanted to go. I had so much interest that at one point I contemplated a party bus from Louisville to Chicago. No joke. Would've been great. All of that disappeared when they announced the prices.

The response to the pricing was not 'oh, I can't afford that', it was one of disgust. Everyone, myself included, was offended by the greed. $700 for a single ticket, in a normal seat? $250 for nosebleed seats? Under $100 to gamble on where in the upper deck you'll land?

So in short... If the Stones come back and play stadiums, I think they could sell them out EASILY... but only if the ticket prices are reasonable. The most recent tour, it was not. As a raging libertarian I have to admit that the Stones have the right, like any company, to charge whatever the heck they want. They can charge $1000 for nosebleed seats, and I can simply choose to not pay. The difference is that it is very hard to sing Street Fighting Man while the audience is being gouged.

My hope is that if they tour again, it is a 'giving back' tour. How about a 'thank you' tour where the tickets are $75, $100, $150, $250 and $500, with a random pit drawing for the nosebleeds at no cost? How about a real fan vote that isn't rigged?

I get tired of defending my favorite band. They are still my favorite, but this past tour didn't make it easy publicly.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 9, 2015 01:15

Rolling Hansie
GasLightStreet
Seeing those pics gave me a headache!

Oh my, poor you. Better not watch them again then. I sure hope the headache is gone by now. Best wishes.

You're too kind. A few martinis should help I suppose.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 9, 2015 01:23

"My hope is that if they tour again, it is a 'giving back' tour. How about a 'thank you' tour where the tickets are $75, $100, $150, $250 and $500, with a random pit drawing for the nosebleeds at no cost? How about a real fan vote that isn't rigged?

I get tired of defending my favorite band. They are still my favorite, but this past tour didn't make it easy publicly."
Drake

As far as I'm concerned, that description is very close to what they currently do.

I went to several shows utilizing the fan ticket lottery and LOVED the opportunity for affordable and excellent seats. The one concert I bought at face value was under $200 and again, excellent.

I get tired of defending my favorite band also.
Especially on a Rolling Stones fan site!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 01:58 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 9, 2015 02:40

lem motlow

But Coachella Sat/Sun headliners are Jack White and AC/DC!

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: January 9, 2015 12:01

Received an email about the Rock in Rio presale this morning.... still no word about the Stones yawning smiley

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 9, 2015 14:15

flacnvinyl
My hope is that if they tour again, it is a 'giving back' tour. How about a 'thank you' tour where the tickets are $75, $100, $150, $250 and $500, with a random pit drawing for the nosebleeds at no cost? How about a real fan vote that isn't rigged?

I get tired of defending my favorite band. They are still my favorite, but this past tour didn't make it easy publicly.

It is really about how you want to look at it. You can endlessly complain about the fact, that the average price of a ticket on the past tour was high and that they didn't play your favorite song (I honestly can not understand how playing one song or not makes a difference of an excellent or absolutely boring setlist for so many people, but nevermind).

Or you can admit that yea, one could buy very expensive or even ridiculously expensive tickets, but there was more than one way to get normally priced tickets and have a blast.

The lucky dip tickets was one option, even though it was not my option - having a ticket for a show for which I have to travel, pay for a hotel an all other stuff and not knowing whether I won't end up 200 meters from the stage is not an experience for me. But a lot of people were happy with it and it was an excellent choice for them.

Or you could buy regular tickets like me. I did 2 shows the past summer. One in Berlin, one in Vienna. I had a standing ticket for Berlin, which was 220 Euro (or so), which is quite a lot, but the Waldbuhne standing was extremely limited and the whole Waldbuhne experience was really special. I ended up about 3 m from the stage. Worth every cent I paid, even though I consider that ticket to be really expensive.

And I had a GA ticket for Vienna. 90 Euro or so. Normal price nowadays. Okay, a bit more than normal, but no rip off for sure (AC/DC GA costs more!). With that ticket I ended up some 4-5 meters from the stage. Sure, you could buy a 400 Euro ticket for the Platinum circle or what was it called, or you could buy a 90 Euro GA and come 3 hours earlier and end up at a better spot than most of the people with those 400 Euro tickets. So it was really up to everyone to choose.

So speaking for myself, I got an absolute satisfaction the past summer and have no clue why are people still moaning and demanding in what way the shows should be organised, priced, what should be played... It is really up to everybody, the options are there...

And speaking about "giving back" tour, cheap tickets... Those men are over 70 years old. 99% of people at their age sit at home with their slippers on and watch telly. Most people at this age are not capable of doing a normal occupation any more. The Stones are travelling the Globe, playing outdoor gigs, which would be physically too much to bear for a lot of 30 year olds. They do it at their age. It is a miracle and I fully understand, that even though I believe they have had a really good time on the past tour, they need a strong financial motivation. There would be no reason to do it otherwise. I am rather young, but I see it on my parents, how with age the strength and the motivation to do stuff fades away. So I really can not imagine anyone to do what The Stones do at their age only to please the fans. They are no salvation army.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 14:22 by Happy24.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: January 9, 2015 15:46

Happy24
The lucky dip tickets was one option, even though it was not my option - having a ticket for a show for which I have to travel, pay for a hotel an all other stuff and not knowing whether I won't end up 200 meters from the stage is not an experience for me. But a lot of people were happy with it and it was an excellent choice for them.

Or you could buy regular tickets like me. I did 2 shows the past summer. One in Berlin, one in Vienna. I had a standing ticket for Berlin, which was 220 Euro (or so), which is quite a lot, but the Waldbuhne standing was extremely limited and the whole Waldbuhne experience was really special. I ended up about 3 m from the stage. Worth every cent I paid, even though I consider that ticket to be really expensive.

And I had a GA ticket for Vienna. 90 Euro or so. Normal price nowadays. Okay, a bit more than normal, but no rip off for sure (AC/DC GA costs more!). With that ticket I ended up some 4-5 meters from the stage. Sure, you could buy a 400 Euro ticket for the Platinum circle or what was it called, or you could buy a 90 Euro GA and come 3 hours earlier and end up at a better spot than most of the people with those 400 Euro tickets. So it was really up to everyone to choose.

The shows in THE US NEVER HAD GA TICKETS! Here in the colonies we didn't get a "Hyde Park".. No large venues with lower price points.

Date: January 9, 2015 15:51

90 euro is not more than normal (for a Stones show). It's very cheap - it's a bargain! smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 9, 2015 16:45

flacnvinyl
The shows in THE US NEVER HAD GA TICKETS! Here in the colonies we didn't get a "Hyde Park".. No large venues with lower price points.

Yea, I get that. To have an all-seated rock concert is something I don't quite understand. I guess the GA floor tickets somehow solve the dilema and one can have both - reasonably priced tickets on the floor for either those who want to queue and be really close and those who just don't want to spend too much (who would be standing far back) and expensive seats for those who are willing to pay for them.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 9, 2015 18:41

The two most recent things on Stones facebook page are videos of Wembley Stadium and Hyde Park.

Could it be of things to come in the Summer, in London ?

I do hope so. winking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 9, 2015 18:54

crawdaddy
The two most recent things on Stones facebook page are videos of Wembley Stadium and Hyde Park.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Let's hope for the best news. grinning smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 9, 2015 20:40

Short Arena tour in US in May, London end of June and SA November

Date: January 9, 2015 20:48

mtaylor

Sounds good . thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 9, 2015 22:05

crawdaddy

Well, That would be F.......Great !!!!
jeroen

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: January 9, 2015 22:15

BST Hyde Park tweeted this picture today

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 22:16 by petewasbristol.

Date: January 9, 2015 22:57

That does sound really good.

I am really hopeful for a great Summer of music with The The Stones,The Who and AC/DC all on stage in my home town. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 22:59 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 9, 2015 23:03

crawdaddy

Please please come to the UK this summer.thumbs up

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 9, 2015 23:28

OMG on bus 19 on the way back home after a nice malasyan meal! I want to dance on the bus and I am not drunk!!!!!hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 23:30 by desertblues68.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 9, 2015 23:33

drbryant
lem motlow

But Coachella Sat/Sun headliners are Jack White and AC/DC!

the festival thing in europe is lightyears ahead of what we have in the states,its a big tradition over there with oya,pinkpop, glastonbury and benicassim as well as roskilde,i believe that has been going since 1971.

in the states for whatever reason ,after the late 60's and early 70's we just sort of went indoors.i still think the stones may do that rock in rio vegas thing because of the mgm connection but to think they're gonna replicate the european tour over here..it coul;d happen in some way but i doubt it.

Date: January 10, 2015 00:51

crawdaddy
mtaylor

Sounds good . thumbs up

That sounds amazingly good. The Who on June 26, Ginger Baker's Jazz Confusion on the next day, and maybe the Stones?

And there's AC/DC, also. It would be an amazing London summer! hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-10 01:02 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: January 10, 2015 00:54

petewasbristol

any coincidence with this on RS twitter?

[twitter.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 10, 2015 01:06

mtaylor

No Canada?

Date: January 10, 2015 01:07

mtaylor
petewasbristol

[twitter.com]

[www.youtube.com] …

Another "coincidence", on their Facebook page:

Satisfaction in London

Date: January 10, 2015 01:08

Cristiano Radtke
mtaylor
petewasbristol

[twitter.com]

[www.youtube.com] …

Another "coincidence", on their Facebook page:

Satisfaction in London

Let's create the exitement....smileys with beer

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 10, 2015 01:11

Now at home and dancing to Hang Firesmileys with beer

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 10, 2015 01:32

I am going to go to South America if it happens but please please please play Hyde Park again.

It would be amazing spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Posted by: basti ()
Date: January 10, 2015 11:19

A Stadion-Festival-Club Toure were ccol

Hyde Park - Wembley Stadion - Wembley Arena - Royal Albert Hall

and at the End this year
a concert Marathon in New York (Madison Square Garden)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-10 12:08 by bv.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: January 10, 2015 11:41

mtaylor

Is that based on anything reliable or just wishful thinking?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home