Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 13, 2015 22:07

Never say never.

I think it looks quite hopeful.

I always try to look at the positive side and my glass is always half full. thumbs up

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 22:46

Well the current May 8 "headliner" is kinda lame so Stones could easily take over that role

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 13, 2015 22:57

in 20 pages from wishful thinking to hopeless illusions.
they're not gonna be at any of those festivals.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 13, 2015 23:20

Obviously. You would have read it here first, on the IORR news page.

Re: N.O. Jazz Festival Lineup
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 13, 2015 23:33

Like I said - I think U2 is a long shot. I can't imagine them playing a couple weeks before their tour starts at a big festival like this - without their big stage set up. And if you've been keeping up with Bono's recent troubles, it seems like he is having a really hard time recovering from his bike accident, so I just don't imagine them doing something earlier than Vancouver later in May. I could be wrong...
Like I wrote earlier - with the Foo Fighters now playing a festival in Alabama right around then, I'd bet money it's them as the TBA for the Sunday Jazz Fest slot. They're a band that tries to be everywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-13 23:34 by DEmerson.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 14, 2015 00:03

Press conference is 5pm PT.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 00:07 by spunky.

Re: N.O. Jazz Festival Lineup
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 14, 2015 00:23

leteyer
DEmerson
The TBA for NOLA JazzFest on Sun. May 3rd is interesting. As much as we all hope it 'might' be the Stones, my original thought was it will probably be like the Foo Fighters, or Taylor Swift or something. So then in looking at Pollstar to see what other big act it could be, yields the following. AC/DC - play the Netherlands on 5/5 so they're out. Taylor Swift is in Tokyo, so thankfully she too is out. Foo Fighters - unlikely, they are in Australia in March then the UK starting 5/25, so they're possible, but not probable. It could be some country act like a Garth Brooks or whatever. My Morning Jacket is kicking into gear again, but not sure they are big enough to close it out (although they are a great live band IMO). U2? They start their tour in Vancouver a couple weeks later and it's unlikely they would play a big festival before then, especially with Bono's recent injury. So maybe it has to be the Stones. Let's hope!
UPDATE: The Foo's play an Alabama festival in mid-May. It's probably the friggin' Foo Fighters.

What about U2?...Their tour strats 20 May 25th in Vancouver..Good warm up gig.

Both U2 and the Stones are way too big to play the last night of Jazz Fest. Not saying it could never ever happen, just that it would be extraordinarily atypical.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 14, 2015 01:57

Well, you have some big names on the list of performers and Jazz Fest is claiming that the last headliner is even bigger than anyone else already announced playing there. So unless it is hepperbole, there aren't many names that fit that description.

[www.wwl.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 01:58 by Woz.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 14, 2015 02:08

Woz
Well, you have some big names on the list of performers and Jazz Fest is claiming that the last headliner is even bigger than anyone else already announced playing there. So unless it is hepperbole, there aren't many names that fit that description.

[www.wwl.com]

What "person" could be bigger than The Who or Elton John?

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: January 14, 2015 02:37

Cristiano Radtke
Woz

[www.wwl.com]

What "person" could be bigger than The Who or Elton John?

That person, if it is an individual, would be Paul McCartney, but I have no idea if he is playing New Orleans. He's expected to do more North American shows this summer, but could perhaps start off early with New Orleans. Otherwise the Stones are certainly bigger than the Who or Elton. Time will tell.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: January 14, 2015 02:48

Billboard has released the rest of the RIR lineup. No Stones:

[m.billboard.com]

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: January 14, 2015 03:01

hooked
Billboard has released the rest of the RIR lineup. No Stones:

[m.billboard.com]

May 8
Main Stage: No Doubt, Maná, The Pretty Reckless
Sunset Stage: Foster the People, Gary Clark Jr, Bleachers, Saints of Valory

May 9
Main Stage: Metallica, Linkin Park, Rise Against, Hollywood Undead
Sunset Stage: Deftones, Sepultura (feat. Steve Vai), Coheed and Cambria, Of Mice & Men

May 15
Main Stage: Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Echosmith, Ivete Sangalo
Sunset Stage: Jessie J, Charli XCX, Tove Lo, James Bay

May 16
Main Stage: Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, Empire of the Sun
Sunset Stage: John Legend, Joss Stone, Magic!, Mikky Ekko

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 14, 2015 03:19

It seems there's more to come about the Rock in Rio line-up:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: erad ()
Date: January 14, 2015 03:23

What a shitty lineup.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: January 14, 2015 03:44

Zzzzzzz.....

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 14, 2015 03:55

Woz

[www.wwl.com]

I hadn't seen that, but if that's the case it would be like I said, very atypical. But obviously not impossible.

Edit: According to the article, he was only saying it would be someone bigger than the other acts announced for that day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 03:57 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 14, 2015 04:05

Wow.
I'll admit that I got sucked into thinking the Vegas Rock in Rio announcement was going to happen tonight.

As it stands, that lineup blows.
@#$%&.

C'mon Rolling Stones, announce a few shows already.
Damnit!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 14, 2015 04:07

Kurt
Wow.
I'll admit that I got sucked into thinking the Vegas Rock in Rio announcement was going to happen tonight.

As it stands, that lineup blows.
@#$%&.

C'mon Rolling Stones, announce a few shows already.
Damnit!

Second.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 14, 2015 04:20

Also a no on Bonnaroo.

"Billy Joel, Kendrick Lamar, Mumford & Sons and Deadmau5 will headline Bonnaroo, the music festival announced Tuesday.

The four-day fest will take place in Manchester, Tenn., June 11-14. Tickets go on sale Saturday at noon.

Other announced top-billing performers include Florence & the Machine, Florence and the Machine, Robert Plant and The Sensation Space Shifters, My Morning Jacket, and Bassnectar. Hozier, Earth Wind & Fire, Tove Lo, Flying Lotus, Glass Animals, Run the Jewels, Mø and Freddie Gibbs & Madlib will also play."

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: January 14, 2015 06:04

I really suck at gambling. Plane ticket purchased, room reserved, rock weekend ticket bought, car rented....NO STONES! I thought I'd get in early while the rates for plane, room,and car were reasonable. Now I wish that money was used for Jazz Fest. For my taste the Jazz Fest line up blows away "Crock In Rio". VP of RIR Roberta Medina refers to festival as the "world cup of festivals".....she can't be serious.

Date: January 14, 2015 06:25

please stop acting delusional. every promoter of every festival will
always try to create the biggest possible excitement about revealing
who the headliners will be. as of now, there's absolutely no hint at
any Stones concert in the US. really nothing. they didn't play Brazil
and Argentina yet, so maybe there's something in the works there, but
that's also more like wishful thinking than anything solid. and i do
believe they will want to wrap it all up in London like in 2007, but
as long as nothing else is announced, that is only rumours as well.

Date: January 14, 2015 06:32

not meant to sound pessimistic or anything. i would love them to do all the festivals
they can, but you can't make plans for a festival just because the announcement
of the one band you would want to see there HAS NOT been made.

edit: at Hyde Park i believed that it was my last time seeing them, so despite
being kinda underwhelmed, i came to terms with it. but i would more likely go
to the UK once more if they would choose to do multiple nights at the O2.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 06:43 by Nikkei.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 14, 2015 12:08

Sorry to be a "party killer", but let's face the facts... The Rolling Stones don't normally announce shows or tours until 4-6 weeks before they will happen.

The shows of the USA & Canada tour in 2013 were announced on April 3, 2013. The rehearsals started less than two weeks later, and the tour started exactly 30 days later on May 3, with the Echoplex show one week before that. Same with the 2012 shows. They were announced Oct 15, 2012, and peformed just a few weeks later Nov/Dec 2012. Same with most other shows the Stones are doing these days. European tour dates got confirmed in March and on, two months ahead of the tour, a bit early, because there were festivals involved, with the need for an early announcement.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 19:24 by bv.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 14, 2015 13:44

bv
Sorry to be a "party killer", but let's face the facts... The Rolling Stones don't normally announce shows or tours until 4-6 weeks before they will happen.

The shows of the USA & Canada tour in 2013 were announced on April 3, 2013. The rehearsals started less than two weeks later, and the tour started exactly 30 days later on May 3, with the Echoplex show one week before that. Same with the 2012 shows. They were announced Oct 15, 2012, and peformed just a few weeks later Nov/Dec 2012. Same with most other shows the Stones are doing these days. European tour dates god confirmed in March and on, two months ahead of the tour, a bit early, because there were festivals involved, with the need for an early announcement.

Thank you for this, at least it grounds us ... brings us back to reality I suppose, in terms of waiting on/hoping for announcements.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 14, 2015 14:39

There will be more shows this year, at least that is what I hear from inside sources. There is no change now vs what I knew in December. They are working on one set of shows in North America around May, then another set of shows in South America late this year around Oct/Nov.

The NA part wasn't planned to be large, but that may change of course. I think the original plan was to "keep them warm". The SA bit looks like 15 shows, sort of "15 on Fire", they just need to sort out the finances of a certain market. And because nothing is done until is public, they don't need to sign and guarantee anything until 4-6 weeks before it happens.

The 8 (9) shows in Australia and New Zealand was an exception. They were contracted. The tickets were already sold. And they wanted to keep the shows in the schedule, so they were re-confirmed in April, while they happened in Oct/Nov. Very special case, it will not be the rule.

But you know these guys are 70+ they don't announce months and months ahead. They don't even plan years ahead, but they have an intention to close the circle. I would not expect them to return to any city they recently visited for a long time. They started in London and I am sure they want to do London again, but they are not in a hurry, really...

If you want to see the Stones now, go see them where they are playing now. They might not return anyhwere near where you live. Ever that is. And don't shoot me, I am not even the piano player...

Bjornulf

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 14, 2015 16:14

Nikkei
please stop acting delusional. every promoter of every festival will
always try to create the biggest possible excitement about revealing
who the headliners will be. as of now, there's absolutely no hint at
any Stones concert in the US. really nothing. they didn't play Brazil
and Argentina yet, so maybe there's something in the works there, but
that's also more like wishful thinking than anything solid. and i do
believe they will want to wrap it all up in London like in 2007, but
as long as nothing else is announced, that is only rumours as well.

I realize that you are very wise and practical, and that's terrific. But I think it's a bit unkind to refer to others as "delusional". I think that they were excited by the rumors. Remember the article in the Vegas website that announced the Stones as "confirmed"? I now think that the website was paid off for publishing false rumors spread by the RIR promoters. That's horrible. People were also considering the fact that the Stones played Rock in Rio Portugal, or the fact that there were reports of US shows in May?

NOTE: TO ANYONE READING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME, IT IS AN OLD ARTICLE THAT WAS POSTED ON THE SITE VITALVEGAS.COM ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO!

Sources Confirm Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones Will Join Rock in Rio USA Music Festival Line-Up

Some heavy hitters have already been announced for 2015?s Rock in Rio USA music festival in Las Vegas, but we’ve exclusively confirmed two more legendary acts are joining the line-up: Bruce Springsteen and The Rolling Stones.

Two confidential festival insiders (one at MGM Resorts, one at Rock in Rio USA) independently confirmed Springsteen and The Stones will take part in the festivities expected to draw 300,000 people over the four days of the event.
Rock in Rio USA happens May 8-9 and May 15-16, 2015.

With the news of these two additions to the Rock in Rio 2015 roster, the event is shaping up to be the most impressive live music festival in the history of Las Vegas. The original Rock in Rio festival happened in Brazil in 1985 and the 14 installments of the festival were attended by 7.4 million people, not a single one of whom consumed any sort of illicit drugs. Or we might be completely making that last part up.

Other confirmed Rock in Rio USA performers include Bruno Mars, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, Metallica, No Doubt, Ed Sheeran, Joss Stone, John Legend, Rise Against, the Deftones and others. There’s no word on when “The Boss” and The Rolling Stones will be officially announced (the full roster is likely to come out in January), but this particular Las Vegas blog believes waiting for official announcements is for babies. Why is Rock in Rio USA waiting to announce Springsteen and The Stones? The festival team clearly understands drama, along with the fact Sin City was built upon the art of the tease.
Beyond the musical luminaries appearing on the festival’s six stages, Rock in Rio USA will feature “streetscapes” (think Disney’s Main Street, U.S.A.) representing Brazil, the U.S. and U.K., as well as a Ferris wheel and zip line.
The 37-acre festival site, called “City of Rock,” is at the intersection of Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara Avenue, across the street from SLS Las Vegas (formerly the Sahara) and near the Stratosphere.

[vitalvegas.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-14 16:22 by drbryant.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 14, 2015 16:18

Hi bv-

You were very helpful to me when I discovered this forum about 18 months ago. Can you advise how best to obtain tickets quickly?? I am beyond thrilled that NA appears to be in the mix.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 14, 2015 16:48

Just my two cents, and nothing to do with the question wether the Stones will participate or not in this year's line-up:

I think it sounds rather silly to name an event "Rock in Rio" when it takes place in Lisbon, or Vegas, or anywhere but Rio for that matter.

There; I said it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-15 11:30 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: January 14, 2015 17:02

grzegorz67
MarthaTuesday
I'd be more than happy if the Stones came back to London this summer!

Hear Hear Martha! Hints aplenty that it's going to be Hyde Park again. I live near Swindon so very convenient for me. If it's 28th June with the Who already confirmed for 26th that will be some weekend in the Park winking smiley

It sounds too good to be true...! But I know I've been lucky as I live in London (although, on an Off Topic note, actually looking to move out to somewhere within commutable distance - and Swindon one of the many places I'm considering) so get more chances than many others.

So if there's no Stones in London this year I think I'm going to try and travel if they play elsewhere. Rome was the first time I'd got away for a few years and I'm keen to start travelling around more.

Date: January 14, 2015 17:19

RoughJusticeOnYa
Just my two cents, and nothing to do with the question wether the Stones will participate or not in this year's line-up:

I think it sounds rather silly to na an event "Rock in Rio" when it takes place in Lisbon, or Vegas, or anywhere but Rio for that matter.

There; I said it.

When I say NA then I mean North America. Las Vegas is in North America. In fact they might even play in Rock In Rio in Rio de Janeiro later this year, the ORIGINAL "Rock In Rio", but that is a completely different case. All I know is they are working on dates in NORTH and SOUTH America. That is why I personally call it a tour of the Americas.

ROCK IN RIO is a great brand with a mission. If you read the ROCK IN RIO web site then you will see that it is a lot more than just a festival:

Rio de Janeiro 2001:
Rock in Rio "For a Better World" was born. 3,200 young people in Rio de Janeiro graduated in elementary education with the financial support of Rock in Rio 28 educational projects from UNESCO were financed

Lisbon 2004:
Built a primary School in Tanzania, where 400 children attend this school per year Built a health care center in Gapara – Itaqui Bacanga – São Luís – Maranhão – Brazil, which services about 50,000 patients each year.

... and so on ...

I would love to see them in Rio - at "Rock in Rio" - home ground Rio, but may be it happens to early, as they have been looking at Oct/Nov rather than Sept.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home