Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 13, 2015 01:37

mrsw
So what were these London hints on Facebook?

Two videos that were posted by the Stones Twitter and Facebook pages.

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: January 13, 2015 10:19

Oh ok I saw that! Lets hope! London 2015

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:31

I am waiting for london 2015. I am in stan-by for the who in Amsterdam in july and a business trip to asia , always in july. Hope I will get some news soon, too many things to match .....

N.O. Jazz Festival Lineup
Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: January 12, 2015 19:31

No Stones. Just the Who & Elton John.

[lineup.nojazzfest.com]

Re: N.O. Jazz Festival Lineup
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 12, 2015 19:45

Visited last year's for 2 days. The music and atmosphere were great.

Too bad about the Stones not playing the Jazzfest. New Orleans and Amsterdam are where I want the Stones to play again.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 12, 2015 20:11

Wow, lots of talent and music at that show. And I can just imagine New Orleans bringing out the fonk in everyone's set. Something in the air down there does great things to the tunes.

peace

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:18

My bet is Sunday May 3 for the Rolling Stones at Jazzfest.

The current schedule has the headliner for that day as 'TBA" ..
Who else but the Stones could/would have Jazzfest wait to announce them ??

Makes sense as well as it fits with the Vegas date of May 8 or 9th..

my bet is they'll also play another gig in NO while there there..

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:30

the cresent city knows how to put on a festival . outstanding lineup .there is something for everyone to enjoy .outstanding food and the best music ! what more can you want ?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:37

.....and ryan adams, wilco, tedeschi-trucks,Steve Winwood, Anders Osborne, many excellent blues artists.... This is a hell of a festival, with or without Stones. Las Vegas at the opposite, i don't wanna say that it is a shit, but.....

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:39

O'Jays? The Meters?

This is what I call a great lineup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-12 21:41 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 12, 2015 21:59

TheGreek
the cresent city knows how to put on a festival . outstanding lineup .there is something for everyone to enjoy .outstanding food and the best music ! what more can you want ?

What more can I want??? To finally get there for it! As much as I'm glad it's an annual festival so there's always next year, I hate when I see each year's lineup and have to admit to myself that, once again, I won't be there. One of these years I WILL get there. Nice to know that at least one of your bucket list items is an annual festival. I've just got to make sure I get there before some of my favorite older acts quit playing it!

I must say that I LOVE the fact that on the poster above, it mentions "The Meters" and then lists each band member by name. If anyone has deserves those kind of props, I'd say it would be them.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 12, 2015 23:08

Many of those bands play Jazz Fest every year, so you've got a pretty good chance of still catching the ones you want to see, Mr DJA. smiling smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 12, 2015 23:14

Aquamarine
Many of those bands play Jazz Fest every year, so you've got a pretty good chance of still catching the ones you want to see, Mr DJA. smiling smiley

You are correct... My favorites are the local one's... My biggest problem is, they, like me, keep getting older each year and some year they're not going to be there and I'll have missed them if I don't get there first. Hopefully my "someday" will be soon enough to catch the "greats" before they retire.

If I remember correctly, you're somewhere in (northern?) Louisiana? Will you make it to the festival this year?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 12, 2015 23:35

mr_dja
Aquamarine

You are correct... My favorites are the local one's... My biggest problem is, they, like me, keep getting older each year and some year they're not going to be there and I'll have missed them if I don't get there first. Hopefully my "someday" will be soon enough to catch the "greats" before they retire.

If I remember correctly, you're somewhere in (northern?) Louisiana? Will you make it to the festival this year?

Peace,
Mr DJA

I'll probably go one weekend, though haven't decided which yet. If I haven't run out of money--so much good music to choose from at that time of year!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: January 13, 2015 00:00

I went in 2013 and it was great for the local and smaller stages, so much amazing music and food. Fantastic atmosphere too.
The main stage however,is a real nightmare- unless you sit/camp in a spot for the entire day you can't even get a view of the TV screens let alone the artists on stage. They have no capacity limit and just keep selling. The day Fleetwood Mac played was awful - 45 minute wait for bathrooms and I couldn't get anywhere near the main stage a half hour before they were due on.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 13, 2015 00:13

Best lineup I have seen of any festivals announced so far. Always have wanted to go to New Orleans and this interests me more than Mardi Gras. Have to check this out and hope I can afford it.

Date: January 13, 2015 00:21

Despite my above complaints I would love to go again, and if the Stones or someone else I was crazy about player the main stage I would get there early and wait all day!
It is definitely a bucket list thing for any serious music fan.
Unfortunately it's very expensive to get there from Australia and my boss wouldn't give me the time off again - I'm a school teacher and its on during the school term. He gave me leave to go in 2013 only because it was my honeymoon!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 13, 2015 00:24

jammingedward
Despite my above complaints I would love to go again, and if the Stones or someone else I was crazy about player the main stage I would get there early and wait all day!
Unfortunately it's very expensive to get there from Australia and my boss wouldn't give me the time off again - I'm a school teacher and its on during the school term. He gave me leave to go in 2013 only because it was my honeymoon!

Tell him you are getting divorced that weekend.

Date: January 13, 2015 00:35

mighty stork
jammingedward

Tell him you are getting divorced that weekend.

Ha! That might actually work...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 13, 2015 11:48

Well, at least Kenny Garrett is there for the Jazz-people like me....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 14:22

At work,smileys with beer19 pages of almost nothing and counting..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-13 14:40 by desertblues68.

Date: January 13, 2015 15:24

Interesting that BV has merged the Jazz Fest and live in 2015 threads?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 16:09

MarthaTuesday
I'd be more than happy if the Stones came back to London this summer!

Hear Hear Martha! Hints aplenty that it's going to be Hyde Park again. I live near Swindon so very convenient for me. If it's 28th June with the Who already confirmed for 26th that will be some weekend in the Park winking smiley

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: January 13, 2015 16:49

Really hope it'll be better organised if they do! And not so hot please!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 17:19

mrsw
Really hope it'll be better organised if they do! And not so hot please!

Very true. It was a shambles at both shows last timethumbs up

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 13, 2015 17:59

The TBA for NOLA JazzFest on Sun. May 3rd is interesting. As much as we all hope it 'might' be the Stones, my original thought was it will probably be like the Foo Fighters, or Taylor Swift or something. So then in looking at Pollstar to see what other big act it could be, yields the following. AC/DC - play the Netherlands on 5/5 so they're out. Taylor Swift is in Tokyo, so thankfully she too is out. Foo Fighters - unlikely, they are in Australia in March then the UK starting 5/25, so they're possible, but not probable. It could be some country act like a Garth Brooks or whatever. My Morning Jacket is kicking into gear again, but not sure they are big enough to close it out (although they are a great live band IMO). U2? They start their tour in Vancouver a couple weeks later and it's unlikely they would play a big festival before then, especially with Bono's recent injury. So maybe it has to be the Stones. Let's hope!
UPDATE: The Foo's play an Alabama festival in mid-May. It's probably the friggin' Foo Fighters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-13 18:02 by DEmerson.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 13, 2015 18:30

DEmerson
The TBA for NOLA JazzFest on Sun. May 3rd is interesting. As much as we all hope it 'might' be the Stones, my original thought was it will probably be like the Foo Fighters, or Taylor Swift or something. So then in looking at Pollstar to see what other big act it could be, yields the following. AC/DC - play the Netherlands on 5/5 so they're out. Taylor Swift is in Tokyo, so thankfully she too is out. Foo Fighters - unlikely, they are in Australia in March then the UK starting 5/25, so they're possible, but not probable. It could be some country act like a Garth Brooks or whatever. My Morning Jacket is kicking into gear again, but not sure they are big enough to close it out (although they are a great live band IMO). U2? They start their tour in Vancouver a couple weeks later and it's unlikely they would play a big festival before then, especially with Bono's recent injury. So maybe it has to be the Stones. Let's hope!
UPDATE: The Foo's play an Alabama festival in mid-May. It's probably the friggin' Foo Fighters.

What about U2?...Their tour strats 20 May 25th in Vancouver..Good warm up gig.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 13, 2015 19:46

Not sure what time the press conference is for, but I received the early bird e-mail to purchase tickets already and am (like most everyone else) waiting on the full line-up before purchasing...

From Twitter..
Rock in Rio USA @ROCKINRIOUSA 1 hour ago
We've got a press conference today with tons of #RockInRioUSA surprises in La"...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 13, 2015 21:18

It looks to me like the Rock in Rio festival has it's headliners and they are filling other slots, so IMO, no Stones.

And I'd bet my bottom $ that U2 is playing the Sunday Jazz Fest slot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-13 23:28 by Woz.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: January 13, 2015 21:32

When's that press conference?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home