Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 168
Re: The Rolling Stones live in 2015
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 6, 2015 13:40

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: January 6, 2015 14:52

Indoor arena gigs in 2015?

Stufish's recently renewed webpage gives us a serious hint about some arena shows this year as in the description of the '14 On Fire' tour's stage design it says : "All features will transfer to indoor arenas for 2015’s run of tour." (anyway that was the case for the Australian arena shows too).

Check it out here: Stufish - 14 On Fire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-06 14:53 by MoreFastNumbers.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 6, 2015 15:05

that could indeed be taken as a serious hint. but i have to admit that i didn't think much of the arena stage design combining the 2013 "tongue stage" with the outdoor stage elements. the tongue concept isn't recognisable without the inflatable lips (even though i wasn't exactly a fan of that) and the frame around the big screen makes it much smaller than the 2013 one. in my opinion they should stick to the original concept. but yeah, go ahead!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 6, 2015 15:14

The Anxiety builds and builds for the 2015 Stones gigs.............

Jeroen

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 6, 2015 16:20

Looks like it's Vegas.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 6, 2015 16:58

... as far as the 28th of June goes...I will be in Glasgow for AC/DC (so close, yet so far)...

Posted by: tarmon ()
Date: January 6, 2015 18:38

When are they going to play Cornbury at Great Tew??

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2015 20:53

Lien

Sure it is Mick Jagger from Rock In Rio Lisboa 2014.

Question is then, should I go to Las Veags..... and see our band?

Date: January 6, 2015 21:00

MoreFastNumbers

Stufish's recently renewed webpage gives us a serious hint about some arena shows this year as in the description of the '14 On Fire' tour's stage design it says : "All features will transfer to indoor arenas for 2015’s run of tour." (anyway that was the case for the Australian arena shows too).

Amazing, how can Stufish talk about 2015 tour before even announced?
And how come RIR is using jagger on their Twitter for the 2015 RIR in LV?

Can't be more clear. BV should update his site with a 2015 Tour Page.

Date: January 6, 2015 21:32

No Stones in Coachella

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2015 22:51

mtaylor
MoreFastNumbers

Amazing, how can Stufish talk about 2015 tour before even announced?
And how come RIR is using jagger on their Twitter for the 2015 RIR in LV?

Can't be more clear. BV should update his site with a 2015 Tour Page.

Just had a look. The outside part of the screens, I guess the frame, is beyond awful! It's too busy and makes zero sense! Someone needs to be fired!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 7, 2015 03:22

GasLightStreet
Just had a look. The outside part of the screens, I guess the frame, is beyond awful! It's too busy and makes zero sense! Someone needs to be fired!
what, do you mean you didn't see it in any 2014 clip as of yet?
on some pictures it might seem a little dizzying, especially when
parts of it get projected onto the screen. doesn't happen too often.
at least it's more creative than the tongue stuff. seeing it live
was pretty impressive given it's the first post-Mark Fisher set design.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2015 03:44

While I have bet heavy, so to speak, on the Rolling Stones playing Rock In Rio Las Vegas.. I have to say, that them using the Stones image(s) or Springsteen's doesn't increase my confidence that either/or will be playing this years festival.

Playing last years festival obviously gave RiR license to use their images to promote future (at least this years)events, as they have been using the images and music for a while now to promote this years gig..

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 7, 2015 03:58

mtaylor
No Stones in Coachella

[www.rollingstone.com]
Yay.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 7, 2015 10:04

MisterDDDD
While I have bet heavy, so to speak, on the Rolling Stones playing Rock In Rio Las Vegas.. I have to say, that them using the Stones image(s) or Springsteen's doesn't increase my confidence that either/or will be playing this years festival.

Playing last years festival obviously gave RiR license to use their images to promote future (at least this years)events, as they have been using the images and music for a while now to promote this years gig..

Yeah, I saw that they responded something to that effect. Feeling a little deflated but still hopeful. They can't be expecting people to fork over $500 for VIP tickets to see Metallica and No Doubt, could they?

Posted by: Steinschlag ()
Date: January 7, 2015 15:04

mtaylor
No Stones in Coachella

[www.rollingstone.com]

A question to the people from the US on this board:

What US festivals are taking place in May and could have the Stones in the lineup besides RiR and Coachella? I tried to google it, but I was pretty unsuccessful moody smiley

Thanks for your help smileys with beer

------------------------------------------
"A smile relieves a heart that grieves..."

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 7, 2015 15:07

I mentioned New Orleans JazzFest, and Bonnaroo in TN is the other big US festival.

Date: January 7, 2015 15:52

DEmerson
I mentioned New Orleans JazzFest, and Bonnaroo in TN is the other big US festival.

Thank you!

I read you mentioned the New Orleans Jazz Fest.... New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

And I found the Bonnaroo festival via google, but the homepage won`t open moody smiley

After all - my search wasn`t that bad smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 7, 2015 17:32

drbryant
MisterDDDD

Yeah, I saw that they responded something to that effect. Feeling a little deflated but still hopeful. They can't be expecting people to fork over $500 for VIP tickets to see Metallica and No Doubt, could they?

It's Vegas and I know that there is a hotel where you can buy a burger for $5000
haha

Nate confused smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 7, 2015 18:10

Steinschlag
New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

Why not?

Posted by: memofromdylan ()
Date: January 7, 2015 18:28

Festival lineups are dropping--Coachella, Governors Ball--Bonnaroo is soon to follow. Stones quiet. BV's "Any major outdoor festival within the time frame of May or so would be prime target..." smiling bouncing smiley ...this should be good!

Date: January 7, 2015 18:32

erikjjf
Steinschlag
New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

Why not?

I wasn`t sure how serious they are about "Jazz" there, but I just found that last year`s headliners were Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton and Chrisina Aguilera amongst others....

yeah, so - why not? smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-07 18:42 by Steinschlag.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 7, 2015 18:39

smileys with beer

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 7, 2015 18:52

Bonnaroo Festival takes place from June 11-14, 2015. So it doesn't match with the time frame Arpil-May.

Date: January 7, 2015 23:00

Steinschlag
DEmerson

Thank you!

I read you mentioned the New Orleans Jazz Fest.... New Orleans would be a great place to go, but I`m not sure if this a festival the Stones would fit in.

And I found the Bonnaroo festival via google, but the homepage won`t open moody smiley

After all - my search wasn`t that bad smiling bouncing smiley

All kinds of bands play at Jazz Fest. Even bands that seem like they wouldn't fit in. Although there are still a good amount of big/well known bands/artists that have not played it, there are always surprises.

The Stones would do well there.

Date: January 7, 2015 23:02

Nikkei
GasLightStreet
what, do you mean you didn't see it in any 2014 clip as of yet?
on some pictures it might seem a little dizzying, especially when
parts of it get projected onto the screen. doesn't happen too often.
at least it's more creative than the tongue stuff. seeing it live
was pretty impressive given it's the first post-Mark Fisher set design.

I think I forgot about it. Seeing those pics gave me a headache!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 7, 2015 23:50

Steinschlag
mtaylor
No Stones in Coachella

[www.rollingstone.com]

A question to the people from the US on this board:

What US festivals are taking place in May and could have the Stones in the lineup besides RiR and Coachella? I tried to google it, but I was pretty unsuccessful moody smiley

Thanks for your help smileys with beer

[www.memphisinmay.org]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 8, 2015 08:40

I will be in NYC July 19 to Aug 3......ANY chance ???????

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: January 8, 2015 17:19

The New Orleans Jazz Fest could not afford the Stones. They have limits on how much they can pay and also limits on their city noise levels, infrastructure and the size of crowds that they can handle. They can't go after dark and they certainly could not accommodate the screens or tongue catwalk or anything else the Stones would want to bring. They are also limited a lot by the owners of the horse racing track where they hold the festival. It would not be a likely fit at all.

Date: January 8, 2015 19:08

Turning To Gold
The New Orleans Jazz Fest could not afford the Stones. They have limits on how much they can pay and also limits on their city noise levels, infrastructure and the size of crowds that they can handle. They can't go after dark and they certainly could not accommodate the screens or tongue catwalk or anything else the Stones would want to bring. They are also limited a lot by the owners of the horse racing track where they hold the festival. It would not be a likely fit at all.

None of that matters. It's not about Jazz Fest affording the Stones, it's about artists wanting to play Jazz Fest. It's partially about respect. Some do make a decent amount of money but it's nothing like a normal show on tour for any big acts. There are no multi-million dollar payouts for one act to play.

The time span would not be an issue since the Stones play their hits anyway, as most artists do at Jazz Fest. They'd probably get an extended time, like some artists do at Jazz Fest. It would be close to 2 hours, which is plenty of time. There's no need to accommodate any staging by any bands because it's not necessary - if the Stones wanted to play Jazz Fest they'd be happy to play it the way it is. No one gets to bring anything except their music gear. Crowd size - there wouldn't be 1 million people there to see the Stones, it would be more like 100 thousand at best. Not a problem for the Fair Grounds.

The Stones don't want to play Jazz Fest. That's fine. There is a lot of good music at Jazz Fest.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 168

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home