Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Hanging Rock show cancelled
Posted by: muffie ()
Date: November 10, 2014 05:54

Rolling Stones Sydney gig to go ahead but Victorian fans angry

theage
Promoter Frontier Touring has issued a short statement to say the Rolling Stones will play in Sydney on Wednesday, allaying fears the great rock band's tour may be in turmoil after Saturday's Hanging Rock concert was cancelled due to Mick Jagger's throat infection.

"Remaining shows are proceeding as scheduled, we've had no update outside of this," a Frontier spokeswoman exclusively told Fairfax.

The band confirmed this on Facebook on Monday, asking fans to nominate a song for the evening's set-list. One wag, Adam Taylor, replied "How about Hanging Rock blues?"

Last Friday the Hanging Rock show was cancelled a day out from the gig. A message was posted on the group's website and the same information was released through social media. A Frontier spokesperson told Fairfax: "The Rolling Stones are incredibly disappointed to cancel the Hanging Rock gig and to disappoint their fans but were left with no other option."

But there has been no follow-up to the shock Hanging Rock cancellation, which has not been well received by passionate Stones fans gutted the Hanging Rock concert had been cancelled for a second time with no clarification about whether the show might be rescheduled. Frontier Touring did not respond on Monday when asked whether or not there would be a rescheduled show.

Fan Josh Cohen penned "An open letter to Mr. Mick Jagger" on the Rolling Stones Facebook page on Sunday which resonated with many fans upset over the lack of communication after the cancellation.

"No one can help getting sick, Mick Jagger, but you and/or the band still have remained faceless, by making this statement.

"The fans, all of us have been understanding, supportive through your tragedy, and now sickness,and you can still see we are. We have dignified you with human kindness and acknowledgement, as fans thats all we want too. We understand you are a human being, but so are we.

"The way the cancelling of Hanging Rock was handled, and to make it worse without restitution of another show, SOME TIME, soon, with all the hopes, dreams, money, time, albums bought, shows attended, and everything else so many people not just your fans had, in the promise to return for this show, is why so many of us are disappointed and angry."

Another fan, Leo Valk echoed Cohen's sentiments: "If my information is correct, and I believe it is, it is quite likely that the Hanging Rock concert wil be the only concert of your "50 & Counting" up to the "14 On Fire tour", that is cancelled twice and not rescheduled.

"With all respect, Sir Mick, I believe that you can make this concert happen. I know: 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' could be applicable here, but your loyal fans believe that phrase doesn't necessarily go for you!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 05:55 by muffie.

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: November 10, 2014 07:00

So do you think there is any chance that this will be rescheduled?

I had tickets for this show, and this is the first time they've been to Australia since I became a fan. It's not looking likely that I can make it to any of the remaining dates, due to a combination of it being too expensive/too short notice/too far away.

So if this doesn't get rescheduled, and they never come back, that's pretty much my once in a lifetime chance to see them down the drain.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2014 08:29

IfYouStartMeUp
So do you think there is any chance that this will be rescheduled?

Sorry no. They will not come back to Hanging Rock.

You have to go to Sydney, Brisbane or Auckland if you want to see them now.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 08:31 by bv.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 09:37

naturalast,thats a crazy idea.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 10, 2014 09:42

(double post, pardon!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 09:46 by with sssoul.

Date: November 10, 2014 09:46

theage
But there has been no follow-up to the shock Hanging Rock cancellation, which has not been well received by passionate Stones fans gutted the Hanging Rock concert had been cancelled for a second time with no clarification about whether the show might be rescheduled.

It was clarified right away that the show will not be rescheduled.

I sympathise with all the disappointed people, and understand ticketholders hoping against all odds that something might change,
but for journalists to go stirring the pot by stating that there was no clarification is seriously lousy reporting.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 10, 2014 11:31

Australian Press: stirring the shit same as Press anywhere. Which part of the event will not be rescheduled did anyone fail to understand?

Just 1 more point...I feel very sorry for those that have lost financially due to this cancellation, but even if they were to reschedule Hanging Rock surely those fans flying in a long distance would still lose out...they've either got travel insurance or they haven't and if they haven't surely they would have to buy another air ticket to make any rescheduled gig anyway?

Date: November 10, 2014 13:16

I think the Rolling Stones managed this cancellation very professionally. They knew around 36 hours before the show that Mick would not be ready to sing the next evening. They cancelled with an early notice; in the past they have cancelled same day as the show, in the morning. Most people could stay at home rather than sitting on a plane or in a car or a bus on their way to the site. The show was cancelled right away, with details of refunds. Anyone who find this unclear do not have the original information, but it is all here still:

[www.rollingstones.com]

We do all know that Mick would have loved to sing at Hanging Rock of course, any speculations about that are based on hard feelings and emotions, not on facts.

Bjornulf

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: November 10, 2014 14:02

Oh, so they already said that it definitely won't be rescheduled. Must have missed that.

Ok, then one more question... do you think this will be the last time they are ever in Australia?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 10, 2014 14:14

IfYouStartMeUp
Oh, so they already said that it definitely won't be rescheduled. Must have missed that.

Ok, then one more question... do you think this will be the last time they are ever in Australia?

No one can answer this question. My first Stones concert was in Frankfurt 1990. Many People then said: "This is the last time the Stones will tour Germany". They were proven very wrong. On the other hand I would not bet that the Stones will go on forever.

Date: November 10, 2014 15:22

To be honest, I think this is the last tour. They might do shows later on in big cities like London, NYC, LA, but let's be realistic about this. There will not be that many world tours after this one for the Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 10, 2014 17:17

bv
To be honest, I think this is the last tour. They might do shows later on in big cities like London, NYC, LA, but let's be realistic about this. There will not be that many world tours after this one for the Stones.

I think most will agree with that, I mean, even this one is scaled right back compared with A Bigger bang tour so..........

As you're the man with his ear closer to the ground than most, I have to ask, have you heard anything more solid about the possible South American leg in the spring? or, just the same as [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 18:00

I don't know if this was posted already, but according to this Dutch site, the Stones have some insurance problems over the cancellation following L'Wren's passing. So, the cancelling and postponing is giving them already some headache...

URL: [www.nu.nl]

From Google Translate:

The Rolling Stones is embroiled in a lawsuit. The basis of the fight is formed by a number of concerts in Australia and New Zealand who were canceled after the suicide of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott .

The band would have taken out insurance before the start of the tour, the event that will die a family member or other loved ones and concerts would thus be canceled.

Scott died in March 2014 at the age of 49 . A doctor would have Jagger when advised to in the next few days after her death did not occur. The band claimed the premium.

But that is the assurance eyes seemingly unappetizing .
history

Representatives of the insurance company have in fact been given permission , to fathom the medical history of Scott , Sky News reported Monday .

The fashion designer would have according to representatives already suffered from a mental disorder , which needs to be . The insurance may not be paid

To gather more information about her condition , the company continued talking with Scott 's brother Randall Bambrough .

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 10, 2014 18:22

Its on the BBC website and many others. £7.9 Million for the cancelled shows in March.

Date: November 10, 2014 20:15

Crazyhorse
Its on the BBC website

So it is: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 10, 2014 21:00

At least he has a doctor's note for Hanging Rock. geesh

Date: November 10, 2014 21:02

According to the BBC report he had a doctor's note for the post-L'Wren postponements. geesh indeed

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2014 21:44

Typical insurance companies, eh...since she was apparently named in the insurance policy shouldn't they have worried about any issues before taking the Stones' money for the policy ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 22:19

Poor Mick he has had such a terrible year and now this case is being dragged through the courts

Posted by: bathsheba ()
Date: November 10, 2014 23:10

Yes poor Mick, my heart really goes out to him - this terrible past year and now more stress with throat issues, cancellations and insurance troubles.

Keith's note was weirdly flippant, although quite Keith-like. I bet he's been making the most of Mick being banned from speaking for a week!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 11, 2014 01:10

bathsheba
Yes poor Mick, my heart really goes out to him - this terrible past year and now more stress with throat issues, cancellations and insurance troubles.

Keith's note was weirdly flippant, although quite Keith-like. I bet he's been making the most of Mick being banned from speaking for a week!

In the style of the naval history stuff he reads I think

Posted by: Innunout ()
Date: November 11, 2014 02:46

My son lives in Melbourne.He was indoctrinated with Stones music growing up and
asked me to take him to a show in 2014(especially as I had taken his sister to
the first of the two Hyde Park gigs in 2013!).I booked both Rod Laver Arena and Hanging Rock and left it to him to decide which show to choose.In March at time of cancellation,he had not decided but just two days before the rescheduled shows
in Victoria this month, he chose Hanging Rock and I went to Rod Laver Arena with his mother....my wife. Due to work commitments, he will not be able to go to
any other concert in Australia or New Zealand and I would put money down that the
Stones will never tour the Antipodes again. My best guess is that they will soon
do one final extravaganza, maybe at London's Wembley Stadium(hopefully with Bill Wyman performing on more than two numbers), and that it will be televised 'live' worldwide.....then Goodnight and Goodbye!
In summary, my indoctrinated son will probably now never see the Stones 'live'. The good news is that my wife and I will see them one last time at Hope Estate on
Saturday......dependent on a certain deep throat!

Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 03:22

bv - try a "crown lager" (beer)

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 11, 2014 04:01

I wonder if the people still complaining about the fact the show isn't getting re-scheduled would be able to get over this faster if Jagger had just died instead. I mean, yes, some of you have waited your entire lives to see the Stones and now unfortunately you won't get the chance. That's truly disappointing. We understand that. Apparently a throat infection for a 71 year old man whose long time girl friend committed suicide earlier in the year gives you no great pause to accept what has happened and the decisions made. But no wait, if he were dead maybe you'd just clamor for Keith, Ronnie and Bernard to sing instead.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: November 11, 2014 04:34

Not sure what all the complaining is about, if Mick's sick, he's sick. At least folks got a heads up...I remember being in line ALL DAY for Amsterdam #2 in 2003 before finding out. Man that one hurt...had to live with only 5 shows!

San Jose was heartbreaking at the time. I was sick as a dog but drove into the arena anyway...only to find Mick didn't care to join me. To be fair he made it up with 2 make-up shows...which were Pro-Shot gigs. I assume it will be San Jose '99 out of the vault eventually...that tour is somehow overlooked (despite being outstandingly good...and an arena tour...and CHEAP).

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 11, 2014 04:43

Long John Stoner
I wonder if the people still complaining about the fact the show isn't getting re-scheduled would be able to get over this faster if Jagger had just died instead. I mean, yes, some of you have waited your entire lives to see the Stones and now unfortunately you won't get the chance. That's truly disappointing. We understand that. Apparently a throat infection for a 71 year old man whose long time girl friend committed suicide earlier in the year gives you no great pause to accept what has happened and the decisions made. But no wait, if he were dead maybe you'd just clamor for Keith, Ronnie and Bernard to sing instead.

Funnily enough, I read a few years back that Lou reed and Madonna both came to think that that was exactly what some 'fans' wanted........for them to die on stage...........but then so did Mick......."suicide right on the stage.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-11 04:43 by EddieByword.

Date: November 11, 2014 04:45

The band's not on stage...it's one of those nights.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 05:41

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-11 05:45 by mnewman505.

Date: November 11, 2014 05:47

Such a strange response...I thought only us Americans were that self absorbed. BV has it right, you don't go to Hawaii, it happens to rain & then sulk the rest of the vacation.

P.S. Anyone who has been waiting their whole life to see the Stones & only now bought tickets...haven't been waiting their whole life...or were born recently. That's like me saying I've been waiting my whole life to see BB King. I mean sure, I had like 1,000 chances...but THIS was the one...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:06

sdstonesguy
Such a strange response...I thought only us Americans were that self absorbed. BV has it right, you don't go to Hawaii, it happens to rain & then sulk the rest of the vacation.

I'd say those people are americans or Europeans.
I doubt an Aussie would have wasted > $2000 in expenses.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home