Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Hanging Rock show cancelled
Posted by: mikesnaps ()
Date: November 12, 2014 10:53

Ssoul
True, some would not have been able to make it to a rescheduled show. However, if it was rescheduled on a Saturday the bulk of fans would have moved heaven and earth (not to mention their credit cards) to make it happen.
Couldn't give a stuff what song titles come to your mind. To flippantly disregard these fans as whiners after having the same show cancelled twice in 6 months is crap.
Yeah, it can't be rescheduled, that sucks for Aussie fans who have had a lot less access to Stones tours over the decades compared to European/US fans.
Anyway on to Sydney tonight, sure it will be a great show, wish I could be there,

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: November 12, 2014 13:45

Rolling Stones Hanging Rock gig may go ahead after all

Broadcaster Eddie McGuire said there is a “glimmer”of hope tour promoter Michael Gudinski might be in negotiations with the Stones to consider a new show date after they perform in Auckland, New Zealand, on November 22.

Unconfirmed sources claim talks for a new show are focused on dates from November 27 to 29.

But, on his Triple M Hot Breakfast program today, McGuire urged caution about a new Hanging Rock date.

“Maybe, maybe, maybe,” McGuire said. “Nothing is confirmed. But with the goodwill of the Rolling Stones and Michael Gudinski doing his best for all the punters ... maybe something will happen at the end of this month.”

The Rolling Stones cancelled their Hanging Rock show last Saturday after frontman Mick Jagger suffered a throat infection. It left 20,000 fans devastated, and the local economy said it would lose more than $2 million.

It was the Stones’ second cancellation at Hanging Rock this year. In March, the Stones called off their original tour of Australia and New Zealand after the shock death of Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott.

Angry fans lashed out on social media last week pleading for the Stones to reconsider a date at Hanging Rock.

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: November 12, 2014 14:20

muffie
Rolling Stones Hanging Rock gig may go ahead after all

Broadcaster Eddie McGuire said there is a “glimmer”of hope tour promoter Michael Gudinski might be in negotiations with the Stones to consider a new show date after they perform in Auckland, New Zealand, on November 22.

Unconfirmed sources claim talks for a new show are focused on dates from November 27 to 29.

But, on his Triple M Hot Breakfast program today, McGuire urged caution about a new Hanging Rock date.

“Maybe, maybe, maybe,” McGuire said. “Nothing is confirmed. But with the goodwill of the Rolling Stones and Michael Gudinski doing his best for all the punters ... maybe something will happen at the end of this month.”

The Rolling Stones cancelled their Hanging Rock show last Saturday after frontman Mick Jagger suffered a throat infection. It left 20,000 fans devastated, and the local economy said it would lose more than $2 million.

It was the Stones’ second cancellation at Hanging Rock this year. In March, the Stones called off their original tour of Australia and New Zealand after the shock death of Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott.

Angry fans lashed out on social media last week pleading for the Stones to reconsider a date at Hanging Rock.

Wow. Awesome

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 12, 2014 15:52

Oh boy. The clueless whiners MIGHT get rewarded.

Date: November 12, 2014 15:56

Eleanor Rigby
bv
Excuse me but The Rolling Stones played Rod Laver Arena one hour drive from Hanging Rock in Melbourne, on Wednesday the same week. If I was a big fan and I could not miss them I would have seen them at the Rod Laver Arena. Hanging Rock was the tourist show. Let us admit that. Wine, hotel, packages, thousands of dollars. Mick has lost his voice on EVERY TOUR since 1998. It is not a big surprise really. The guys are 70+ so don't take any show for granted. It is still only rock'n roll.

Everyone keeps bleating on about their age...
It's a business. If they can't rock and roll due to their age then they should stop touring and stop wasting everyone's money!

An easy solution is to space out their shows and have contingency plans in place for when one of them gets a sore throat, falls out of a tree, can't play a guitar, shits their pants etc...
Then they have room to re-schedule dates and everyone's happy etc..

People "bleat" about their age because it's a real thing. I'm going to guess you're about 12 to 13, or at least have that mindset, for even writing this. Most of us nearing 60 and older have much more of an appreciation of the age factor because, you know, we're experiencing it as well.

There's a line- "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". That applies here to the Stones, whether some people here want to realize it or not.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 12, 2014 20:51

mikesnaps
Ssoul
Couldn't give a stuff what song titles come to your mind. To flippantly disregard these fans as whiners after having the same show cancelled twice in 6 months is crap.

... Huh? I haven't flippantly disregarded anyone. Please redirect your flapping. :E
(And the show hasn't been cancelled twice - it was postponed once and then cancelled.)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 12, 2014 21:44

It's no Hanging matter!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 12, 2014 22:45

Silver Dagger
It's no Hanging matter!

Now that's a good one!

I mean a VERY good one...[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: November 12, 2014 22:48

Come on Stones don't keep us hanging...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 12, 2014 22:50

Long John Stoner
Oh boy. The clueless whiners MIGHT get rewarded.
This would be nice for them. RS' earnest desire to perform for us is astounding. If this happens it would be just another reason why they're the greatest band.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 13, 2014 02:09

Long John Stoner
Eleanor Rigby
bv
Excuse me but The Rolling Stones played Rod Laver Arena one hour drive from Hanging Rock in Melbourne, on Wednesday the same week. If I was a big fan and I could not miss them I would have seen them at the Rod Laver Arena. Hanging Rock was the tourist show. Let us admit that. Wine, hotel, packages, thousands of dollars. Mick has lost his voice on EVERY TOUR since 1998. It is not a big surprise really. The guys are 70+ so don't take any show for granted. It is still only rock'n roll.

It's a business. If they can't rock and roll due to their age then they should stop touring and stop wasting everyone's money!

An easy solution is to space out their shows and have contingency plans in place for when one of them gets a sore throat, falls out of a tree, can't play a guitar, shits their pants etc...

People "bleat" about their age because it's a real thing. I'm going to guess you're about 12 to 13, or at least have that mindset, for even writing this. Most of us nearing 60 and older have much more of an appreciation of the age factor because, you know, we're experiencing it as well.

There's a line- "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was". That applies here to the Stones, whether some people here want to realize it or not.

you completely miss my point...
Age is not an excuse!
It's a professional business worth millions, and if their age is impacting their ability to perform then they should stop.

They should plan Tours to compensate for their age - i.e. space out each show.
That way in the advent of a member falling ill the show will still go on...albeit rescheduled.
everyone is happy.

as was mentioned above, there is a minute chance of a rescheduling. Doesn't that tell you that they definately could reschedule the show...if they can be arsed...and if they are happy to cop a financial hit).
Perhaps "the show will go on"...

I hope you can see my point...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 13, 2014 02:46

Eleanor Rigby
Long John Stoner
Eleanor Rigby
bv

you completely miss my point...
Age is not an excuse!
It's a professional business worth millions, and if their age is impacting their ability to perform then they should stop.

They should plan Tours to compensate for their age - i.e. space out each show.
That way in the advent of a member falling ill the show will still go on...albeit rescheduled.
everyone is happy.

as was mentioned above, there is a minute chance of a rescheduling. Doesn't that tell you that they definately could reschedule the show...if they can be arsed...and if they are happy to cop a financial hit).
Perhaps "the show will go on"...

I hope you can see my point...

I see your point and actually agree with it, but when you buy the ticket, you are making an informed decision. The fact is they did not space the concert out as you suggested.

There are no guarantees and they certainly can't be held to account for people flying in from all over the world.

I would maintain that if you can fly to an area of the world as remote as Australia, to see a Stones show, you can take the hit.

If you can't afford it, you had no business flying there in the first place.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 13, 2014 03:41

Why are people suggesting that they should have more space between shows and anticipate more on their health? They only play two shows a week on this tour which is a lot less than what they used to do so they trying to be more careful!
From what I understood from ticketmaster is that it is cancelled and everybody gets a refund. If there's a reasonable chance that can reschedule they would wait with refunds until they know for sure.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: November 13, 2014 06:57

Wuudy
Why are people suggesting that they should have more space between shows and anticipate more on their health? They only play two shows a week on this tour which is a lot less than what they used to do so they trying to be more careful!
From what I understood from ticketmaster is that it is cancelled and everybody gets a refund. If there's a reasonable chance that can reschedule they would wait with refunds until they know for sure.

I think they refunded everyone when it was cancelled because there was a statement made that it wasn't going to be rescheduled... but if the info above is correct, then that may have changed.

If they've already refunded everyone, then it would just be considered as a new event, right?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 13, 2014 09:00

I really think that some of the postings here in this thread are close to delusional.

For whatever reason (and I have more reasons than most to be seriously pissed off about it) they CANCELLED the Hanging Rock show.

Very shortly thereafter Ticketek sent out emails about how the money we all paid (almost a year ago now!) was going to be refunded.

How on earth can the concert be "uncancelled" if some money has been refunded?

What if one person (eg Mr & Ms Aardvaark) had their refund (but would really like to go to a re-scheduled date) but another (Ms and Mr Zwartou) had not got their refund and were anyway unable to go to the rescheduled date.

And if they refund 100% of the tickets, and then immediately put a new (very close) date back on sale... you have utter bloody chaos.

It's been cancelled. End of story (until we all start wondering when the money will arrive!)

(For eagle eyed nerds here, Zwartou is a real name. I used to work with large scale student name listings, and for one intake we had a student with that name, and that was totally brilliant for checking that programs were working correctly.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 13, 2014 09:23

Let's see: schedule "leeway" for every show on a tour, as in ... what?
Insist that every promoter must book every venue for two dates, just in case? three dates? or how many?
How should those dates be chosen, months in advance, to ensure no one crucial to the show will be ill/unable on any of the make-up dates?
And then pass the costs of all that on to the ticket-purchasers and hope for luck?

I'm sorry for everyone disappointed. And I wonder why "broadcaster Eddie McGuire"
feels authorized to make statements like what's reported up there.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 13, 2014 10:25

I think "broadcaster Eddie McGuire" is related to all the broadcasters/reporters/bloggers who announce it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that Led Zeppelin will reunite, assuming all the planets align, etc. People get excited, listen to their show/read their articles/follow their blog, until they turn out not to know any more than anyone else who knows nothing.

Just in my cynical view. And I too feel terrible for all the disappointed people, to whom I would allow any amount of latitude to vent their understandable feelings--what I really hate is to see those feelings being toyed with by people who really have no information.

Date: November 13, 2014 10:43

CaptainCorella
It's been cancelled. End of story (until we all start wondering when the money will arrive!)

That's right. I'll be 100% convinced the show has been cancelled when I get a refund. Hasn't arrived yet. Anybody else get theirs?

If not, then there's still a chance of Ticketek holding the funds for a rescheduled show around November 27 to 29. That's according to radio personality Eddie McGuire as I posted earlier.

Date: November 13, 2014 11:45

Aquamarine
I think "broadcaster Eddie McGuire" is related to all the broadcasters/reporters/bloggers who announce it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that Led Zeppelin will reunite, assuming all the planets align, etc. People get excited, listen to their show/read their articles/follow their blog, until they turn out not to know any more than anyone else who knows nothing.

Just in my cynical view. And I too feel terrible for all the disappointed people, to whom I would allow any amount of latitude to vent their understandable feelings--what I really hate is to see those feelings being toyed with by people who really have no information.

Exactly. And then the band gets blamed when it doesn't happen.

Date: November 13, 2014 11:55

with sssoul
mikesnaps
Ssoul

... Huh? I haven't flippantly disregarded anyone. Please redirect your Lflapping. :E
(And the show hasn't been cancelled twice - it was postponed once and then cancelled.)

No my "flapping" is spot on to be directed to the likes of you and long john stoner.
You have been uncharitable to say the least to the disappointment of these fans. Postponed/cancelled whatever, bottom line the shows were a no go twice in 6 months. Both valid reasons, but extremely unfortunate for these fans, deserve a bit of sympathy not ridicule.
If they want to vent in the hope it might (unlikely) pressure a reschedule then that's their business. The Stones are big enough to cop a bit of flak, fans won't desert them no matter how pissed off they are now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 11:56 by mikesnaps.

Date: November 13, 2014 14:14

mikesnaps
No my "flapping" is spot on to be directed to the likes of ...

Case of mistaken identity - but have it your way eye rolling smiley

Date: November 13, 2014 14:38

Wuudy

Exactly...so with all this room to reschedule the band STILL couldnt do it.
So what that tells me is that the band cant be arsed or dont want to fork out $$$$. I think the latter as $$$$ is all they care about.
Bad luck to the locals who have lost thousands!

Date: November 13, 2014 14:43

CaptainCorella
And if they refund 100% of the tickets, and then immediately put a new (very close) date back on sale... you have utter bloody chaos.

Why? If it's just the same people buying the tickets (or less people, some would have arranged to see other shows instead) then what difference does it make?

Date: November 13, 2014 14:52

Has anybody received their Hanging Rock ticket refund?

Date: November 13, 2014 14:57

mikesnaps
with sssoul
mikesnaps
Ssoul

... Huh? I haven't flippantly disregarded anyone. Please redirect your Lflapping. :E

No my "flapping" is spot on to be directed to the likes of you and long john stoner.
You have been uncharitable to say the least to the disappointment of these fans. Postponed/cancelled whatever, bottom line the shows were a no go twice in 6 months. Both valid reasons, but extremely unfortunate for these fans, deserve a bit of sympathy not ridicule.
If they want to vent in the hope it might (unlikely) pressure a reschedule then that's their business. The Stones are big enough to cop a bit of flak, fans won't desert them no matter how pissed off they are now.

There is no Santa Claus.. I hope you've been clued in.

Date: November 13, 2014 15:20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-13 15:21 by Eleanor Rigby.

Date: November 14, 2014 02:26

Only thing you have clued me into Long John is that being Stones fans is the only thing we have in common.
Not interested in this pointless pissing match anymore,going around in circles.
Will disagree with you without throwing a few barbs and enjoy our one piece of common ground -The Stones

Date: November 14, 2014 02:40

with sssoul
mikesnaps
No my "flapping" is spot on to be directed to the likes of ...

Case of mistaken identity - but have it your way eye rolling smiley[/quote

Ok, time to move on. No hard feelings

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 14, 2014 04:53

Not superstitious but anything to do with "hanging"...maybe better left alone by the Stones in 2014

Date: November 14, 2014 07:19

muffie
Has anybody received their Hanging Rock ticket refund?

So nobody has received a refund for their Hanging Rock ticket as yet? I haven't received mine.

Meaning there's still a possibility of a reschedule of suggested date Nov 27-29.

It would be remarkable if the Stones were to finish their tour and possibly their career at a 'Hanging' Rock show.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home