Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Hanging Rock show cancelled
Date: November 14, 2014 19:19

The Stones owe us nothing. At this stage in the game I am very glad they are still performing at all. Yes, it is unfortunate for the locals that the Hanging Rock gig got cancelled twice. Some countries never get Stones concerts ever. And there are some fans that simply can't afford to see the Stones when they do come to town. Life is not fair but at least nobody died, got critically injured or had their house burn down because the Stones cancelled ONE concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 19:20 by its good to be anywhere.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 14, 2014 20:01

Correct.

And if it were me, I wouldn't read too much into the fact that no refunds have yet been processed. Usually it takes quite a bit longer than a few days for that to happen.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: November 15, 2014 08:20

its good to be anywhere
The Stones owe us nothing. At this stage in the game I am very glad they are still performing at all. Yes, it is unfortunate for the locals that the Hanging Rock gig got cancelled twice. Some countries never get Stones concerts ever. And there are some fans that simply can't afford to see the Stones when they do come to town. Life is not fair but at least nobody died, got critically injured or had their house burn down because the Stones cancelled ONE concert.

Well... actually, we don't owe the Stones anything!
Yes at least nobody died or had their house burn, but most of the people who pay to see the Rolling Stones are not richer than Jagger/Richards...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 15, 2014 08:45

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Date: November 15, 2014 09:26

its good to be anywhere
The Stones owe us nothing.

Speak for yourself. They owe me $100.

They sold me a fan club V.I.P. membership back in 2005 under the false pretense that it would get me pre-sale access to 2 tickets for a club or theater concert.

As it turned out,there have not been any club or theater shows by the Stones since then besides the 2 Beacon Theatre concerts for the 'Shine a Light' film. I was not granted any fan club V.I.P. access to those tickets. (I am not including the tour warm-up mini concerts because there was no pre-sale access for those either.)

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: November 17, 2014 12:25

==>> change.org: Please re-schedule the twice cancelled Stones Hanging Rock Concert - Because it's the RIGHT thing to do! <<==

Pls sign the above peition it if you feel a reschedule is in order for the Hanging Rock show.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: November 17, 2014 12:34

The link states "Nothing, except a re-schedule, can compensate for the devastation, abandonment and bewilderment..."

Wow. You guys can't seem to take a hint. It's OVER!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 17, 2014 13:13

The HR posters on frontier FB are making us all look like dickheads.
They are upset, devastated, we get it.
But FFS stop spamming all posts on Stones threads online with this gibberish.
Get to Brisbane tmrw or NZ on Sat.
They are touring now, just go.

Date: November 17, 2014 13:50

StonedInTokyo

Just passing the message along. If they did reschedule the Hanging Rock for the tour end then and only then would I go. It might end up being a moment in history.. last stop ever.

Otherwise the refund for Hanging Rock will more than pay for the LA Friday DVD. It's a win either way.

Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: November 17, 2014 19:06

muffie
StonedInTokyo

Just passing the message along. If they did reschedule the Hanging Rock for the tour end then and only then would I go. It might end up being a moment in history.. last stop ever.

Otherwise the refund for Hanging Rock will more than pay for the LA Friday DVD. It's a win either way.

Did you get your refund yet?

I'm still hoping for a rescheduled show (Yeah, give me a break - this might have been the only chance I ever had to see them.)

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 17, 2014 22:43

The REFUND for my Hanging Rock tickets has hit my credit card account overnight.

(Slightly strangely, it's dated 14th November and today's the 18th (where I am anyway. I know it wasn't there before this morning because - for cashflow reasons - I'm checking my Credit Card balance pretty carefully on at least a twice daily basis).

Anyway... money has been refunded.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 18, 2014 03:26

CaptainCorella
The REFUND for my Hanging Rock tickets has hit my credit card account overnight.

(Slightly strangely, it's dated 14th November and today's the 18th (where I am anyway. I know it wasn't there before this morning because - for cashflow reasons - I'm checking my Credit Card balance pretty carefully on at least a twice daily basis).

Same here. Refunded last night, dated 14th November. Got some cash to splurge on the LA Friday DVD smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 04:18

EddieByword
bv
To be honest, I think this is the last tour. They might do shows later on in big cities like London, NYC, LA, but let's be realistic about this. There will not be that many world tours after this one for the Stones.

I think most will agree with that, I mean, even this one is scaled right back compared with A Bigger bang tour so..........

As you're the man with his ear closer to the ground than most, I have to ask, have you heard anything more solid about the possible South American leg in the spring? or, just the same as [www.iorr.org]

I think this is a much BIGGER tour of Australia and New Zealand than the Bigger Bang tour was ... MUCH. BB only ran 4 shows downunder, this tour will finish on 8. Different types of shows etc I appreciate, but for AU/NZ, this is a bigger tour than BB!

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 18, 2014 04:41

So with the refunds then, IF there were another attempt at a Hanging Rock show, they would being starting all over, from booking the venue to selling the tickets. In other words, no Hanging Rock show. Ever.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 18, 2014 07:54

Long John Stoner
So with the refunds then, IF there were another attempt at a Hanging Rock show, they would being starting all over, from booking the venue to selling the tickets. In other words, no Hanging Rock show. Ever.

Sadly I must agree with you.

Starting all over again isn't just a case of 'booking the venue'. Basically it's a big field surrounded by small lanes, next to a gem of a site. It's under the control of the local shire council, and they have been persuaded to licence it out for concerts FOUR times a year. (A constraint that I reckon is perfectly reasonable).

All of next year's slots are taken. (Eagles, Rod Stewart I think).

So unless some concession could be made to 'carry forward' the missed date (already carried forward once), the stars are most unlikley ever to align again to get The Rolling Stones scheduled to be playing at the venue not far from me.

Bugger!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: November 18, 2014 12:09

muffie
CaptainCorella

Same here. Refunded last night, dated 14th November. Got some cash to splurge on the LA Friday DVD smiling smiley

That's the spirit.

Date: November 18, 2014 12:10

Long John Stoner

Unsure how to tell you this, but Elvis left the building awhile ago.

Posted by: ventilatorblues ()
Date: November 21, 2014 06:14

Just want to add my bit re Hanging Rock cancellation. I have no doubt Mick was sick and I would not want him to perform and risk his voice until he had recovered.
My greatest sadness is that my brother missed seeing Stones this tour, he has only missed one previous Aussie Stones tour since '65.
He bought one Rod Laver ticket which he sold me at my request, I prefer indoors as I like shelter from the weather whereas he, being a greater fan, would sit through rain, hail or cyclone to see them. He had two Hanging Rock tickets for he and his wife. He, like many, does not have opportunity to travel or buy tickets to see them elsewhere.
I felt sick for him, if we had known what would happen he could have had my ticket.
I know there are much greater problems in the world than missing a concert, but seeing the greatest rock band in the world one more time would have been a great privilege. It's unlikely we'll see them here again.
If only they could have played one more Melbourne gig, raw Stones, no frills needed.
Rod Laver was awesome, I didn't want it to ever end. Thank you Mick, Keith, Charlie,Ronnie and everyone involved.
Sorry for the nasty comments by some 'fans'.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 21, 2014 08:05

StonedInTokyo
Long John Stoner

Unsure how to tell you this, but Elvis left the building awhile ago.

This makes no sense.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1925
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home