Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Hanging Rock show cancelled
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:00

From Wikipedia about Hanging Rock:

Concert venue

Hanging Rock reserve is currently used as an occasional outdoor concert venue by major international acts on the Australian leg of their tours.

The following events have taken place at Hanging Rock as part of a trial by Frontier Touring and the Macedon Ranges Shire Council:

Leonard Cohen - November 2010
Rod Stewart - February 2012
Bruce Springsteen - March 2013 (Wrecking Ball tour)

In 2014 the Rolling Stones were scheduled to play a night concert (30th March) at Hanging Rock as part of their "14 On Fire" tour. The death of Mick Jagger's partner, L'Wren Scott, resulted in the postponement of the entire tour. The tour was rescheduled and resumed in Adelaide on October 25th 2014. The Hanging Rock concert is will take place on Saturday, November 8th 2014

In October 2013 Frontier Touring signed a five-year agreement with the Macedon Ranges Shire Council to hold up to four concerts per year at Hanging Rock, effective from 31 October 2014.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:28

It is all in the contracts. If Mick sing to often then he will loose his voice. He is not a machine. They have learned this lesson over many years. If he sing on Wed AND Thu then he will have lost his voice on Sat so they would have to cancel the following Sat show. I don't think the Sydney or Auckland fans want that to happen.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:40

Good that it is nothing more serious than that - the title of the thread scared the hell out of me...

I feel so sorry for all the people who were waiting for this show, and especially for those who have travelled from far to get there. Damn contingencies of life, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Let us hope that Mick will be alright for the next show.

- Doxa

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:45

+1
sorry for those who are missing the gig, but shut happens, i imagine mick being really upset about not been able to perform, hope he gets in perfect shape soon and praise to him for the second melbourne concert, it must have been a struggle and pain for him but he gave it all as usual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 12:46 by maumau.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:55

maumau
+1
sorry for those who are missing the gig, but shut happens, i imagine mick being really upset about not been able to perform, hope he gets in perfect shape soon and praise to him for the second melbourne concert, it must have been a struggle and pain for him but he gave it all as usual

There were only 2 Melbourne shows. Rod Laver on the 5th of November, and Hanging Rock on the 8th (cancelled).

I too wish Mick a speedy recovery.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:57

muffie
maumau
+1
sorry for those who are missing the gig, but shut happens, i imagine mick being really upset about not been able to perform, hope he gets in perfect shape soon and praise to him for the second melbourne Rod Laver concert, it must have been a struggle and pain for him but he gave it all as usual

There were only 2 Melbourne shows. Rod Laver on the 5th of November, and Hanging Rock on the 8th (cancelled).

I too wish Mick a speedy recovery.

ops

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: November 7, 2014 13:00

I especially feel sorry for all the people who had never seen seen the band before that had tix to Hanging Rock.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 7, 2014 13:11

I feel bad for the stones fans in Hanging Rock.

It happened to me 2 times. London 1990, show cancelled with a couple of days notice (after I drove all the way from Milano), and Milano 1998, this time with only a few hours notice.

It also happened in 1995, but the scheduled concert in Milano was cancelled with large notice, so no problem (can't remember if they actually sold tickets).

I agree that it could have been a nice thing to do to save the show somehow. The band is not missing singers! Put together a set of 10/15 odd songs. Jagger could have played keyboards or guitar or whatever. It could have turned out into something!

I remember a concert of Robert Plant once when he could hardly sing. He explained what the problem was, excused himself and informed that he would be playing guitar for most of the show. In the end it was a great show!

C

Date: November 7, 2014 13:19

liddas

It happened to me 2 times. London 1990, show cancelled with a couple of days notice (after I drove all the way from Milano), and Milano 1998, this time with only a few hours notice.

It also happened in 1995, but the scheduled concert in Milano was cancelled with large notice, so no problem (can't remember if they actually sold tickets).

I agree that it could have been a nice thing to do to save the show somehow. The band is not missing singers! Put together a set of 10/15 odd songs. Jagger could have played keyboards or guitar or whatever. It could have turned out into something!

I remember a concert of Robert Plant once when he could hardly sing. He explained what the problem was, excused himself and informed that he would be playing guitar for most of the show. In the end it was a great show!

C

Me too. Live Aid >grinning smiley<

Date: November 7, 2014 13:21

EddieByword
sundevil
keith has done his own shows. how about a "winos" show with the stones as the "winos". keith has already sung gimme shelter. bring out a couch for mick to lounge on and play tamborine and maracas. they always seem to play much harder when keith is singing. could be a hell of a show, and they don't have to give up the money. who travels all that way to make no money.

Ron could do, iorr, Pretty beat up and Black limosine and maybe a couple of New Barbarian / Ron songs......I'd still go....

Bernard on Miss you.......

Give Mick Taylor a song or two...? winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 7, 2014 13:23

Mick , get well soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 7, 2014 13:24

black n blue
Let keith and woody sing

that was my initial idea, too!

Date: November 7, 2014 13:58

From Keith (Facebook):

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:13

DandelionPowderman
From Keith (Facebook):

Yeah just seen this on Keiths twitter. Nice touch but I'm shocked - that looks like Daddies brown sauce and not HP!!???

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:14

I always took Keith to be an HP fan but from that photo it appears he's into his Daddies.....huh

Date: November 7, 2014 14:14

Oh no! Really sorry to hear that news and, like everyone else here, sorry for all those who had tickets for the show in what looks like a stunning setting. Get well soon, Mick!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:18

liddas

C

In 1995 tickets didn't even go on sale for the Milano concert. If they did, I would have bought them from day one. Still remember that the date the concert was allegedly scheduled for was June 27th.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:19

Adrian-L
I always took Keith to be an HP fan but from that photo it appears he's into his Daddies.....huh

What/who is Daddies?

Date: November 7, 2014 14:19

Crazyhorse
DandelionPowderman
From Keith (Facebook):

Yeah just seen this on Keiths twitter. Nice touch but I'm shocked - that looks like Daddies brown sauce and not HP!!???

Why do you think the blade is there... Poor room service-guy, LOL!

Date: November 7, 2014 14:25

Ha yeah. And what is the relevance of those particular numbers on the dice??? On a more serious note feel really bad for everyone that were going to the show. Again its a nice touch from Keith.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:31

How is this "nice touch" from keith?

Would be a nice touch if he penned something for the fans who paid $$$ to see them only to be turned away...twice..

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:31

Wild Slivovitz
liddas

C

In 1995 tickets didn't even go on sale for the Milano concert. If they did, I would have bought them from day one. Still remember that the date the concert was allegedly scheduled for was June 27th.

Yes, I think you are right. But there was some form of announcement though. I mean: there was a fixed date, and I expected to have a concert in Milano. I ended up going to Paris instead. 10 hours drive instead of 10 minutes. How could that be worse? Well it could have rained ... (and we all know that a "few" drops of rain fell on Paris during the two hours of the concert)

C

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:33

Koen
Adrian-L

What/who is Daddies?

inferior (imo) brand of brown sauce.

Date: November 7, 2014 14:42

Is that message not directed to the fans? I think it is. People get ill, ie Shit Happens. Also he is letting the fans know Sydney shows will hopefully go ahead.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:50

Adrian-L

For those (like me) who are not familiar with Brown sauce and their brands: [en.wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:53

black n blue
Let keith and woody sing

grinning smiley and let Phil Rudd pass the glass pipe backstage! >grinning smiley<

Date: November 7, 2014 15:12

Irix
Adrian-L

For those (like me) who are not familiar with Brown sauce and their brands: [en.wikipedia.org] .

If you are on the UK you normally have Houses of Parliment on your shepherds pie. Adrian-L is spot on about inferior sauce. I guess the knife is in the shot to Cut the Crust...

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 15:16

liddas

C

In July 1990 they postoponed 3 shows in the UK, all at the last gasp - Cardiff on 11th and Wembley on 13th & 14th. I was already in London on 13th when I found out that the show was off - my 1st ever Stones show. None too pleased I was too! All 3 eventually took place. The 2 Wembley ones were at the end of August and they shipped the Steel Wheels stage over from the US as a special treat, even though it was the Urban Junle tour.

IIRC, the postponement was down to Keith - he cut his finger on his guitar while on stage at Hampden Park, Glasgow and it went septic! He anounced to the crowd, "I think I've bust my finger but who gives a s**t!". Concerts postponed due to Doctor's orders!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 15:23 by grzegorz67.

Date: November 7, 2014 15:17

Irix
Adrian-L

I also had to look it up, only knew ketchup. Thanks for pointing out, what the bottle is in the picture, because I tried in vain to read the label.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 7, 2014 15:31

SO SORRY to hear about this for the fans who may have been looking forward to this show as their one chance to see the Stones. Wishing Mick a full and speedy recovery.

Enjoying the photo from Keith... If we're assuming the blade is his, is it safe to assume the pink zippo is his too? Never gave much thought as to what kind of lighter he might use. Brown sauce, backgammon board, incense sticks and a zippo... In addition to being safe, I'd say he's well quartered and will pass the time easily until the next show.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1553
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home