Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Date: December 15, 2014 17:55

Yeah it was fox. The coverage became more annoying then the bad call

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 15, 2014 19:56

Oakland got lucky yesterday.I was worried they lost their touch and would mess up for the third time.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 17, 2014 17:27

Saints played pretty good considering no one knew which Saints team would show up. Blah blah blah they hold their destiny in their own hands and all that garbage: if they were a good team no one would be talking that trash.

Perhaps if they finish 8-8 it won't be so bad. At least they wouldn't be the second team in NFL history to "win" the division and host a playoff game with a losing record.

It would probably be wise to pick Atlanta to win in New Orleans Sunday but I'm thinking of leaning towards a Saints win for some reason.

The Chicago Bears are the biggest fools in the NFL though. Giving that buffoon Jay Cutler, the worst QB ever, all that money proves that the Bears are idiots. Wow. It's amazing they don't have a better losing record than Oakland etc.

Philly might be out!!?? Arizona will lose their number 1 seed! Packers will finish 2 overall or, amazingly, be out of the '015 playoffs!

Date: December 17, 2014 18:22

If Jay Cutler gives a press conference and none of the local media members are around to ask any questions, does he give any quotes?

[thebiglead.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 17, 2014 21:12

GasLightStreet
If Jay Cutler gives a press conference and none of the local media members are around to ask any questions, does he give any quotes?

[thebiglead.com]

Cutler is leading the NFL in salary & interceptions this year. Yikes!

Date: December 19, 2014 14:10

Mild start to week 16 last night. Things are looking up for the weekend though. Potentially all of the playoff teams could be decided by the end on MNF. Of course, I'm most excited about the Sunday night game. GO HAWKS!

Date: December 19, 2014 16:45

I had to look at nfl.com just to see what you were talking about. Specifically the "mild start" part!

That and I forget that there is a Thursday night game. Fortunately I only have to remember one of them for the season and the rest I can't see.

On the night of The Colber Report's last show who cares about Jacksonville!!??

Date: December 19, 2014 16:47

People in Jacksonville don't even care, haha. Looks like its a big social thing more than a football game.

Date: December 19, 2014 16:52

Jacksonville has never worked. They should've even be in a division, they should just be a practice team. But they will stay there in their excuse of operation because the NFL likes to dangle the Los Angeles carrot to get cities to vomit up tax monies to pay for new stadiums.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 19, 2014 17:34

crholmstrom
People in Jacksonville don't even care, haha. Looks like its a big social thing more than a football game.

Isn't watching a football game (or any game for that matter) a social thing by default? Go to the stadium or watch at home or at a bar with friends.

Date: December 19, 2014 18:43

Koen
crholmstrom

Isn't watching a football game (or any game for that matter) a social thing by default? Go to the stadium or watch at home or at a bar with friends.

Perhaps it usually involves something fun, something that you probably can't get at a Jaguars game. At least at a bar beer isn't $12 a glass or whatever it is at NFL games.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 19, 2014 23:31

hmmm...

Time to ban losing teams from NFL playoffs...

[q.usatoday.com]

Date: December 20, 2014 00:34

Natlanta
hmmm...

[q.usatoday.com]

I guess Oakland has them filled with fear.

Date: December 20, 2014 01:15

MKjan
Natlanta
hmmm...

[q.usatoday.com]

There's a thought... maybe every now and then they flip it, put the worst teams in the playoffs and the best teams get the top draft picks... topsy-turvy that mo-fo.

Date: December 20, 2014 03:43

Natlanta
MKjan
Natlanta
hmmm...

[q.usatoday.com]

There's a thought... maybe every now and then they flip it, put the worst teams in the playoffs and the best teams get the top draft picks... topsy-turvy that mo-fo.

Yep I'd prefer to see the Jets vs Raiders in the Super Bowl,
Bet it would be more fun.

Date: December 20, 2014 11:28

Koen
crholmstrom

To a certain extent. If you want to actually see & know what's going on in the game, its better on TV. There is a pretty good rush being there though. I usually only go to 1 or 2 games a year but this year have been to 3 so far. Its a big commitment of time & money though. Also, I have some physical limitations that make it a challenge. That being said, it has been big fun this year. I will admit that I DVR the games I go to & watch them the next day. Probably wouldn't go to as many if my team wasn't good.

Date: December 20, 2014 18:39

Natlanta
hmmm...

[q.usatoday.com]

I agree with the mentality. The fact that any of the 3 NFC South teams can host a playoff game with a losing or non-winning record is absurd. All the while Philly and/or Green Bay might miss out of the 2015 playoffs with a better record.

That loud mouthed coont on ESPN thinks the division winner should make the playoffs and host. Some people view it as a "reward for the fans". HUH? The fans should be EMBARRASSED!!!!

People have said that if Seattle would've come to New Orleans in 2011 the Saints would've won. I don't believe that for any reason because of how beaten up they were. Regardless of that, Seattle shouldn't've have made the playoffs... with a losing record. And no one finishing in 2014 should be in the 2015 playoffs with a losing record. If the Saints keep it together they won't do that.

Date: December 21, 2014 12:54

Wow, the fall of the 49ers is complete. What a stunner last night.

Date: December 21, 2014 13:59

crholmstrom

the bigger question is why would the redskins beat the eagles last night? nothing for the redskins to gain. they just hurt their draft stock and let their rvicals dallas into the playoffs unless dallas drops the final 2 games of the year and the eagles win the last game.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 21, 2014 14:37

crholmstrom

Sad to see the 49ers lose, too many turnovers, hard to win after that.

So many injuries, strange game.

peace

Date: December 21, 2014 14:57

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

the bigger question is why would the redskins beat the eagles last night? nothing for the redskins to gain. they just hurt their draft stock and let their rvicals dallas into the playoffs unless dallas drops the final 2 games of the year and the eagles win the last game.

I got a name for you...Mark Sanchez. I bet the Eagles try to get Mariotta. Wonder if Rex will get some revenge today against NE. Would be funny in a warped way. If the Raiders end up with the number 1 pick, they could repair a lot of damage via trade. From the dysfunctional to the functional, my Hawks locked up 2 more key players on the defense for 4 more years. Getting rid of Harvin is having some immediate benefits. They are in good shape with the salary cap & should be able to renegotiate with Wilson & the unsung Bobby Wagner after the season. & maybe keep the Beast & Russell Okung for another year. Tonight's game should be epic.smoking smiley

Date: December 21, 2014 15:57

Sanchez played much better than RG3. I can't even figure out how the redskins managed to win

Date: December 21, 2014 17:40

MKjan
Natlanta
MKjan
Natlanta
hmmm...

[q.usatoday.com]

Yep I'd prefer to see the Jets vs Raiders in the Super Bowl,
Bet it would be more fun.

call it the Repus Bowl... and yeah OK i'll stop now.

Date: December 21, 2014 17:55

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

I got a name for you...Mark Sanchez. I bet the Eagles try to get Mariotta. Wonder if Rex will get some revenge today against NE. Would be funny in a warped way. If the Raiders end up with the number 1 pick, they could repair a lot of damage via trade. From the dysfunctional to the functional, my Hawks locked up 2 more key players on the defense for 4 more years. Getting rid of Harvin is having some immediate benefits. They are in good shape with the salary cap & should be able to renegotiate with Wilson & the unsung Bobby Wagner after the season. & maybe keep the Beast & Russell Okung for another year. Tonight's game should be epic.smoking smiley

That's way past a bit of a stretch!

Date: December 21, 2014 17:55

keefriffhard4life
Sanchez played much better than RG3. I can't even figure out how the redskins managed to win

Griffin sucks. I wish he'd go away.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: December 21, 2014 17:59

GasLightStreet
Natlanta
hmmm...

[q.usatoday.com]

I agree with the mentality. The fact that any of the 3 NFC South teams can host a playoff game with a losing or non-winning record is absurd. All the while Philly and/or Green Bay might miss out of the 2015 playoffs with a better record.

I think one way to resolve this a little is. If you win your division no matter how bad the division you make the playoffs, there should be a reward for that. Do not automactically give them a home game. Once all the teams who reach the playoffs are confirmed they should reseed by record in each conference. A 12-4 wild card should never have to play at a 7-9 division winner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-21 18:01 by virgil.

Date: December 21, 2014 18:31

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

That's way past a bit of a stretch!

Look at the Rams. If they had a decent, healthy QB they would be dangerous.

Date: December 22, 2014 00:24

Saints laid another giant egg at home today! Out of the playoffs!

That's a relief. Jimmy Graham SUCKS. Wow what a waste of money.

Date: December 22, 2014 00:27

GasLightStreet
Saints laid another giant egg at home today! Out of the playoffs!

That's a relief. Jimmy Graham SUCKS. Wow what a waste of money.

Surprised the fans haven't broken out the bags to wear yet. Bet ATL coach gets let go at end of year even if they win the division.

Date: December 22, 2014 01:14

Atlanta did as I figured they would. They're a good team. Some Saints fans live in La La Land, thinking that the Saints would beat the Falcons because... the Saints beat the Packers.

Miami OUT as well. It will be interesting next weekend regarding Dallas/Philly - although that's looking like it won't matter after tonight; Arizona/Seattle, Cinci/Baltimore and Detroit/GB in terms of in, out and placement.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home