Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 10, 2014 22:09

mr_dja
First and foremost: Welcome back crholmstrom... Hate to hear about your dad and the drama that is unfolding... especially sad when family members have to make a hard time even worse. Parts of my wife's family is starting to act rather inappropriately as her Dad's brother has begun what the doctor's have to us to expect to be his final few weeks in a three year battle with cancer. Here's wishing both you and your dad many smooth waters as you navigate this trying time. smileys with beer

Back on topic:
I thought Fisher's move was pretty funny too. I hated it when he left the Titans but have been rooting for him none the less. From what I've been able to gather, he seems to be a pretty good guy.

Again, all the best to your dad.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Thanks Mr DJA. Appreciate it.smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 11, 2014 04:11

mighty stork
I expect Atlanta to fall tomorrow night to the Packers. What a mess that NFC South is.

Aside from Tampa all the rest of the players in that division should be eternally embarrassed.

The Saints. Wow. I haven't seen them play that bad since the, uh, well, I suppose Mike Ditka comes to mind. After their somewhat beating of Pittsburgh they laid an egg bigger than the Superdome against Carolina.

Cam Newton being the biggest piece of shit in the NFL aside, Carolina destroyed the Saints. But they had no competition.

Absolutely bizarre. The Jacksonville Jaguars were wearing Saints unis.

If for some pathetic reason the Saints finish 8-8 and Atalanta finishes 7-9... the NFC South should be banned from the playoffs. Whoever comes to New Orleans (either Detroit or Dallas at this point) will poundly beat the Saints. It's 100% irrelevant if the Saints make the 2015 playoffs.

There are Saints fans saying 'Oh we beat Green Bay' and, of course, that was a bad night for Aaron Rodgers. During the GB/Atalanta game some Saints fans couldn't figure that out. Atlanta almost came back to beat Green Bay. And they were down 31-7 at the half just like the Saints were against Carolina.

Some people refuse to see what's in front of them. It's astounding.

Date: December 11, 2014 04:50

Why is cam newton a piece of trash?

Date: December 12, 2014 19:03

keefriffhard4life
Why is cam newton a piece of trash?

He just is. He always has been. But this, if it's true, ramps his trashness up even higher. He's a pussy assed punk that needs to shut his big stupid mouth and learn how to QB for an entire season.

[www.whynotgivehimthebusiness.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 12, 2014 19:24

Sure, lets counter foul language with foul language eye rolling smiley

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: December 12, 2014 19:26

You do know that website writes fake stories, right?

Date: December 12, 2014 19:48

gimmelittledrink
You do know that website writes fake stories, right?

I didn't!

I heard it wasn't true but I didn't know for a fact. I saw that. For some reason I failed to pay attention to it being the only source.

Should've known. However, I did say 'if this is true'...

Newton is still a prick!

Date: December 12, 2014 19:49

Koen
Sure, lets counter foul language with foul language eye rolling smiley

Don't be jealous.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 12, 2014 19:57

Don't worry.

Date: December 12, 2014 19:57

The list grows...

Eliminated and will be eliminated from the 2015 playoffs as of today by 12-15-14:

Oakland
Jacksonville
Tennessee
New York
Buffalo
Cleveland
Houston
Miami
Kansas City

Tampa Bay
Washington
New York
Carolina/New Orleans/Atlanta
Minnesota
Chicago
St Louis
San Francisco

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 12, 2014 23:05

Not sure what all the dislike is for Cam Newton as I really don't follow him. Except for this morning when I saw bits of a press conference that he did addressing an accident he had earlier this week where the pickup truck he was driving flipped/rolled 4(?) times. I was trying to find a link before posting but I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find it if you want to see it. I saw a report on ESPN's SportsCenter. Talk about a guy who is happy to be alive and may just have a new outlook on life. Who knows, he may even be more likeable going forward.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: December 13, 2014 02:23

Think I'm going to where khakis with my Seahawk jersey on Sunday. In memory of Jim Harbaugh...grinning smiley

Date: December 13, 2014 07:45

Koen
Don't worry.

OK. Good. I don't want you to... worry.

Date: December 13, 2014 07:46

mr_dja
Not sure what all the dislike is for Cam Newton as I really don't follow him. Except for this morning when I saw bits of a press conference that he did addressing an accident he had earlier this week where the pickup truck he was driving flipped/rolled 4(?) times. I was trying to find a link before posting but I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find it if you want to see it. I saw a report on ESPN's SportsCenter. Talk about a guy who is happy to be alive and may just have a new outlook on life. Who knows, he may even be more likeable going forward.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Simply put, he's an ass. There's not really anything else to say.

Date: December 14, 2014 01:34

Resting up today for big game tomorrow. I'm actually hoping SF puts up a fight & make it a good game. Their fall has been sudden & perplexing. Hope the owner & GM don't destroy the team. When the Rams get a QB, the NFC West is going to be a force for years to come. Tomorrow is looking to be a much needed good day. My partner in crime & I are going to do a special brunch across the bay from the stadium. Nice little holiday treat. Possibly a few mimosas to put a rosey glow on the day along with awesome seafood. Then on to the game. GO HAWKS, WOO HOO!>grinning smiley<

Date: December 14, 2014 02:44

I think you will be disappointed with how SF will play. They're past done. Kaepernick turned out to be a bust. They should've stuck with Alex Smith.

Oh well. Doesn't hurt my feelings.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 14, 2014 15:07

crholmstrom
Resting up today for big game tomorrow. I'm actually hoping SF puts up a fight & make it a good game. Their fall has been sudden & perplexing. Hope the owner & GM don't destroy the team. When the Rams get a QB, the NFC West is going to be a force for years to come. Tomorrow is looking to be a much needed good day. My partner in crime & I are going to do a special brunch across the bay from the stadium. Nice little holiday treat. Possibly a few mimosas to put a rosey glow on the day along with awesome seafood. Then on to the game. GO HAWKS, WOO HOO!>grinning smiley<

I agree with this assessment. AZ had no business winning that game. They do have a good defense despite the Rams' offense woes.

For the gamblers (I do not know the spread or O/U) -

Seattle 27 SF 10

Date: December 14, 2014 16:07

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

I agree with this assessment. AZ had no business winning that game. They do have a good defense despite the Rams' offense woes.

Seattle 27 SF 10

Great minds think alike. That was my guess on the score, too. The spread is 10 & the O/U is 38.smileys with beer

Date: December 14, 2014 16:15

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Seattle 27 SF 10

Great minds think alike. That was my guess on the score, too. The spread is 10 & the O/U is 38.smileys with beer

Yeah -I'm in still Irvine & the vicious storm has passed. I can't wait for the game to start! 1:25 Kick-off.

Thursday I return to Florida. The California Cukoo Birds want me back next yearhot smiley

Date: December 14, 2014 17:03

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Seattle 27 SF 10

Yeah -I'm in still Irvine & the vicious storm has passed. I can't wait for the game to start! 1:25 Kick-off.

Thursday I return to Florida. The California Cukoo Birds want me back next yearhot smiley

I lived down there for 1.5 years in the early 80s. Don't really have a big luv for the LA area. I do like San Diego though. Have a safe trip back to FLA. I got my dvr set for the game. I always watch the games I go to later on TV. You miss a lot in the stadium. I have good seats though. Getting excited! Leaving in a few minutes to go pick up my friend. We live on opposite ends of the Seattle area. Supposed to be a really nice day for December here. We've had good luck in that regard this year. GO HAWKS!

Date: December 14, 2014 18:05

This a huge game- and 27-10 seems shaky I think it is a positive move. I bought a bunch of "Habit" & "Lending Club" Stock. After getting my ass kicked on Friday, those rang true. Those who have invested in oil / U.S.shale investments must lay low. No Panic .................

Yep GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 27-10 & more

We will not be intimidated by the the dysfuntional 49ers & their skewed house prices smileys with beer

Date: December 14, 2014 20:04

At this point one of these teams - Dallas or Seattle - will miss out of the 2015 playoffs. I'm leaning towards Dallas.

Think the NFL will consider a better playoff scenario after this season if the "division winner" from the NFC South gets in with a losing record?

It really needs to be seeded by record, not by division winner. The team can still get their little "division winner" flag to hang but they don't make the playoffs.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 14, 2014 22:36

She Said Yeah just played on a Bleu de Chanel ad during the Falcons/Steelers...

Date: December 14, 2014 22:59

..psyching up the Steelers enough to convert third down after the commercial and control the ball thru the end of the game. Both teams (PGH and ATL) now need to win both of their remaining games to take their respective divisions and/or get into the playoffs.

Date: December 14, 2014 23:13

Jacksonville being held scoreless in the 2nd half, to allow BALT to become the third team in the AFC North to have 9 wins.

Cincinatti, NE and KC pulling in lopsided victories; NYG and Colts hold on for wins...

3 more games finishing up; 4pm EST slate of games ready to start.

Date: December 14, 2014 23:58

San Fran gets on my @#$%& nerves

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: December 15, 2014 02:41

Seattle now looks like the strongest NFC team, as Green Bay did poorly today in Buffalo. I'd still like a Green Bay-Seattle championship game.

Steelers looking better. The Pats look awesome.

Date: December 15, 2014 12:45

Once again another criminal act by an incompetent referee fool. This ref (Hess) needs to be thrown in jail.

Wofford Irks Out Upset Over State 55-54
By Lou Pascucci on December 15, 2014
Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 7.53.32 PM

NC State’s Trevor Lacey hit a game winner with .01 on the clock. The replay confirmed it. The only problem was that the replay was wrong. FoxSport’s clock on-screen was a frame behind. Realtime told a different story. After NC State celebrated, the refs went back to the monitor to see that the ball was on Lacey’s fingertips when the clock hit 0. Another chapter to add the the “You’ll never see that again as long as you live” type back luck that the Wolfpack has endured over the past 25 years. Now, it’s been happening less and less lately, but tonight was a simple reminder that the players have changed, the coaches rotate, but you’re still watching NC State basketball.

At this point your probably wondering why State was even in a close game with Wofford. We’ll get into that in a second. First, I think it’s important to realize that this, while still a loss, is not a loss that is going to really hurt the Pack. This Wofford team won the Southern Conference Tournament last season and returned all of their starters. This is a veteran group that is going to be right up there again and should have a pretty healthy RPI this season.

Now, let’s get into tonight game.

- State’s bigs were just bad tonight. They combined for only 11 points in this one and although they finished tied on the glass with 33 boards, they were beat on the offensive glass 9-3. That was huge. State had very few second chance points and just seemed timid against the Wofford bigs. Kyle Washington couldn’t hit a shot, Beejay got his blocks and rebounds but that was it, and Freeman just was plain off tonight.

- Turnovers. State only coughed it up 11 times, but that’s not very good when you only turn the other team over 4 times. Now, Wofford is a veteran team and a calling card to most veteran teams is the ability to protect the basketball, but the Wolfpack is long, strong and should have dominated Wofford on the defensive end.

- Speaking of defense. The Pack was decent at best in this game. They were pretty good on the ball, but their help side was weak and they allowed far too many easy baskets in the paint. Again, A lot of this had to do with the bigs just not showing up tonight.

- No reinforcements. I’m not sure what happened tonight, but Gottfried just did not seem to want to explore his bench when his starters weren’t getting it done. Caleb Martin, who scored a career high 17 last time out only logged 11 minutes and was never allowed to get into any sort of rhythm. We didn’t even see any of Cody Martin in this game.

- Karl Hess. Who let this guy back on the floor? Hess was banned from reffing State games after throwing out Googs and Corch at a game a few years back. All of the sudden he’s back and within 5 minutes of play he gives Gottfried a technical foul for what just seemed like normal coach/ref banter after a questionable call. Quick-Whistle Karl obviously was trying to establish some sort of dominance again and put the Pack in the hole early. Those 2 free points that Wofford got ended up costing State this game.

- Now for the bright spots. Trevor Lacey was once again awesome down the stretch. He finished with 18 points and hit a huge jumper to put State in the lead after Wofford took the lead in the last minute then the would-have-been game winner. The kid has ice in his veins and you just wish he’d have taken over sooner. This kind of is reminding me of Warren last year. During the beginning of the season he tried to play as unselfishly as possible until he realized that he needed to be the offense for this team to win. Lacey is in the same situation. Sure, he has other weapons but he needs to realize that he is option A-1 and should be getting up 16-20 shots per game.

- I also thought Cat improved in this game. He still had a few moments of indecision which resulted in poor shots, but overall he played better basketball. He is trying as hard as he can to pick his spots and to run the offense and I think you’re seeing that. Remember, he’s still only a sophomore in the beginning of his second season. I just think people, us included, thought he’d be coming in here college ready. Athletically he was ready, but he’s learning how to play PG at this level and there’s certainly been a learning curve there. His line wasn’t great, but it wasn’t bad either. 10 points, 3 assists and 5 boards…all with no turnovers.
____

State better shake this one off because Tennessee is up next this Wed. at the PNC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-15 12:47 by Chris Fountain.

Date: December 15, 2014 13:39

nightskyman
Seattle now looks like the strongest NFC team, as Green Bay did poorly today in Buffalo. I'd still like a Green Bay-Seattle championship game.

the seattle 49ers game had all the momentum turned in the seahawks favor with that bad call for tackling wilso that ended with a TD for seattle instead of a FG. What was worse was them replaying it on tv for the rest of the game every chance they had and telling you why it was wrong as if that would change the call

Date: December 15, 2014 15:53

keefriffhard4life
nightskyman

the seattle 49ers game had all the momentum turned in the seahawks favor with that bad call for tackling wilso that ended with a TD for seattle instead of a FG. What was worse was them replaying it on tv for the rest of the game every chance they had and telling you why it was wrong as if that would change the call

My friend was checking facebook action on the game when we were driving home. Lot of complaints about the coverage on FOX. Neither offense was very good but the Hawk D is playing very well. What a great day for a game in December. We were in the sun & it was actually warm well into the 3rd quarter. Next Sunday night's game is going to be epic against ARI. Heard that Arians is considering using 2 QBs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1554
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home