Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 27, 2014 18:31

If Seattle doesn't catch Arizona, they will go in at the 5 seed & play the 5-11 Atlanta Falcons. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 27, 2014 23:28

crholmstrom
If Seattle doesn't catch Arizona, they will go in at the 5 seed & play the 5-11 Atlanta Falcons. >grinning smiley<

I hope so. The Saints have become such an embarrassment that it would be best if a team that is already a perfect embarrassment, Can'tlanta, "wins" the division and hosts a playoff game.

Date: November 28, 2014 14:30

Hawks are back!!!!!smoking smiley

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 28, 2014 14:33

crholmstrom

Is that a lock or a prediction?

Date: November 28, 2014 15:09

mighty stork
crholmstrom

Prediction. I could be wrong...but after last night I'm feeling pretty good. We just took apart the 49ers. The D has its swagger back. & Beast continues to be dominant. Say what you want about Russell Wilson but in his 3rd year I would put up against anyone in the league as far as leadership & sheer determination. Time will tell.

Date: November 28, 2014 21:11

crholmstrom
mighty stork
crholmstrom

Prediction. I could be wrong...but after last night I'm feeling pretty good. We just took apart the 49ers. The D has its swagger back. & Beast continues to be dominant. Say what you want about Russell Wilson but in his 3rd year I would put up against anyone in the league as far as leadership & sheer determination. Time will tell.

here is what i saw:
49ers had a legal punt called back for no reason that the rekick helped the seahawks. even the announcers mentioned it

the seahawks got away with 3 bad holdings and a block in the back that all resulted in big plays. at the end they finally flagged sherman for what he does on every play

Date: November 28, 2014 21:47

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
mighty stork
crholmstrom

here is what i saw:
49ers had a legal punt called back for no reason that the rekick helped the seahawks. even the announcers mentioned it

the seahawks got away with 3 bad holdings and a block in the back that all resulted in big plays. at the end they finally flagged sherman for what he does on every play

You are neglecting to mention the total disparity in calls. 14 penalties for Hawks vs. 3 for SF? SF was getting away with plenty of stuff, too. They are just too dysfunctional to capitalize. Nice when your owner basically tweets out that the team sucks immediately after the game. Classy crowd too, throwing bottles at the opposing team as the come through the tunnel onto the field. Think the bottom line is Colin K just isn't the be all & end all. Coach is going to probably have to pay for that. As much as I dislike him, Harbaugh is a really good coach. He can't go on the field though.

Date: November 28, 2014 22:47

Well most teams throw things when rivals walk out on the field or in the Eagles case at everyone

Date: November 28, 2014 22:56

keefriffhard4life
Well most teams throw things when rivals walk out on the field or in the Eagles case at everyone

My fave Eagles story was the fans booing Santa Claus. That's hardcore, haha!grinning smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 29, 2014 02:31

I'm interested in the outcome of the Packers-Patriots game. If Green Bay loses, then that would make Seattle the NFC team to beat (they beat Arizona and have a chance to take over the division lead).

If it goes according to my wishes,then my dream of a Patriots vs. Hawks' Super Bowl will be fulfilled.

Date: November 29, 2014 06:30

i will say seattle has had on average like 8 more penalties a game then their opponents over the last month so its not like this was a poorly called game

Date: November 29, 2014 06:55

keefriffhard4life
i will say seattle has had on average like 8 more penalties a game then their opponents over the last month so its not like this was a poorly called game

I'd have to disagree with that. Just watched the game again. Of course, I think we led the league in penalties last year & that turned out pretty well. Funny thing is, the new emphasis in pass defense has had very little impact on the Hawks. Our secondary is just better than everyone else. I'm down with SEA/NE Super Bowl. That was my thought when the season started, too.

Date: November 29, 2014 07:30

I think the sea hawks coach complained about it. I don't have the numbers but I think the announcers if the game made a comment about it

Date: November 29, 2014 14:07

keefriffhard4life
I think the sea hawks coach complained about it. I don't have the numbers but I think the announcers if the game made a comment about it

In Pete we trust....haha

Date: November 29, 2014 19:34

November, 29, 2014
NOV 29
8:00
AM ET
By Terry Blount | ESPN.com
641COMMENTS16EMAILPRINT
It’s not often that a team goes 1-for-5 in the red zone, has 14 penalties for 105 yards and still wins the game by 16 points on the road against an opponent with a winning record.

Carroll
Carroll
That’s what happened Thanksgiving night when the Seattle Seahawks defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 19-3, at Levi’s Stadium.

The 49ers only had three penalties for 20 yards. In the past five games, the Seahawks have been penalized 40 times for 344 yards compared to only 18 penalties for 155 yards for the opponents.

In each of those five games, the Seahawks had more penalties than the opponent, but Seattle still managed to win four of those five games.

Complaining about penalty calls is a touchy subject with the NFL, but the Seahawks' coaches and players see a disturbing pattern of picking on the defending Super Bowl champions.

When asked about the penalty situation Thursday night, Carroll carefully made his feelings clear.

“The pattern between our penalties and their penalties again,” Carroll said. “You’ve got to be first in something, I guess, so that’s what it is. The only thing is I wished they called some penalties on the other guys.”

It’s not that they are calling so many penalties on the Seahawks. It’s that officials call so few penalties on their opponents.

For example, the NFL said pass interference should have been called against Kansas City’s Sean Smith in the end zone when he pushed Seattle receiver Doug Baldwin, a decision that could have changed the outcome of that Seahawks loss.

The penalty discrepancy didn’t really hurt the Seahawks Thursday night, but the team was upset with the pass interference call against running back Robert Turbin on what would have been a TD catch by receiver Paul Richardson. Turbin was lined up in the slot and ran a crossing route when he ran into a defender.

“They [the 49ers] were in zero coverage,” Carroll said. “They had one guy covering the slant and a player [Turbin] runs right into him. They’re going to run into each other. We wish the officials would see it’s a route and two guys ran into each other rather than we were picking somebody, because we weren’t. But that’s the way it is.”

The Seahawks have been one of the most penalized teams in the league the past two seasons, partially because they play a very aggressive style. But they do think there’s an imbalance when you look at the numbers.

Date: November 29, 2014 20:01

Has this become a Seahawks thread?

Date: November 29, 2014 22:26

mighty stork

No. I've just been posting more than a lot of folks & they are my team. All are more than welcome. The SF guys from last year chickened out.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 30, 2014 02:53

Yep- ACC kicked the SEC ass today.

Ga Tech over Georgia
Clemson over South Carolina
Florida State over Florida
Louisville over UK

FSU reigning Champs, undefeated and ranked behind Alabama?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-30 04:32 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 30, 2014 11:57

1:25 PM ET

CBS

Patriots

(9-2, 3-2 away)

Packers

(8-3, 5-0 home)

Line: GB -3 O/U: 59

If you gamble- I recommend the Under in this game. Control will be the rule in this affair. In order to do so, Running game must be established, which melts away the clock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-30 12:03 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 30, 2014 16:57

Chris Fountain
1:25 PM ET

CBS

Patriots

(9-2, 3-2 away)

Packers

(8-3, 5-0 home)

Line: GB -3 O/U: 59

If you gamble- I recommend the Under in this game. Control will be the rule in this affair. In order to do so, Running game must be established, which melts away the clock.

Sounds logical. The frozen tundra can be unfriendly to high scores (& visiting teams).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 30, 2014 17:52

Not one team is picked to win today in the NFC South.

Hilarious. Atlanta will "lead" the division at 4-8 with the Saints right behind them at... 4-8, keeping it competitive for who gets to host a playoff game.

At this point 2 teams with winning records would not make the playoffs thanks to Atlanta (or possibly New Orleans - still possible at this point anyway) being allowed to: Dallas and San Francisco.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2014 18:39

crholmstrom
mighty stork

No. I've just been posting more than a lot of folks & they are my team. All are more than welcome. The SF guys from last year chickened out.

Haven't chickened out although it's clear we have nothing to brag on...we're just posting on a less dictatorial board...

I won't wish you luck but I wish you well

Date: November 30, 2014 19:13

Munichhilton
crholmstrom
mighty stork

Haven't chickened out although it's clear we have nothing to brag on...we're just posting on a less dictatorial board...

Same to you. Have been trying to keep this on a friendly footing. Things got a little testy last year. Think SF getting rid of Harbaugh would be a huge mistake for them. Much like the talk about Hawks letting Lynch go. I have tickets for the 49er game 2 weeks from today. Should be huge!smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2014 19:31

crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
mighty stork

Same to you. Have been trying to keep this on a friendly footing. Things got a little testy last year. Think SF getting rid of Harbaugh would be a huge mistake for them. Much like the talk about Hawks letting Lynch go. I have tickets for the 49er game 2 weeks from today. Should be huge!smileys with beer

It makes no sense to get rid of a successful coach...but something has to change. We have WAY too much talent to suck so bad. Something's wrong.
As much as I wish 2 weeks from now to be huge it likely won't be. Niners are a toothless tiger...

If they concentrated on football they would be a formidable team but it seems we're more concerned about peripheral things...distractions

Date: November 30, 2014 19:47

Munichhilton
crholmstrom
Munichhilton
crholmstrom
mighty stork

It makes no sense to get rid of a successful coach...but something has to change. We have WAY too much talent to suck so bad. Something's wrong.
As much as I wish 2 weeks from now to be huge it likely won't be. Niners are a toothless tiger...

If they concentrated on football they would be a formidable team but it seems we're more concerned about peripheral things...distractions

We had plenty of distractions, too (see Percy Harvin). Maybe Thursday will be the match that lights the fuse on the year. Just saw on FOX pregame some talk about Harbaugh, whether he's going to make it through the year. Eesh! Seems to be some thought that they are going to try & trade him ala Gruden & the Raiders. Kinda ugly.

Date: November 30, 2014 20:09

Many are saying that today's Patriots/Packers game is the Superbowl preview. I think the offences match up pretty even but Pats may have the edge on defense. If the Pack take it today I can see them winning out the rest of the season and have home field advantage for the playoffs making that Superbowl prediction a good possibility.

Date: November 30, 2014 20:13

mighty stork
Many are saying that today's Patriots/Packers game is the Superbowl preview. I think the offences match up pretty even but Pats may have the edge on defense. If the Pack take it today I can see them winning out the rest of the season and have home field advantage for the playoffs making that Superbowl prediction a good possibility.

Lambeau is a huge home field advantage. Rogers/Brady cool head to head match up. I'm going to be watching the ATL/ARI game, at least for awhile. More direct ramifications for my team.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:01

Chargers will blow the Patriots away next week

Date: December 1, 2014 00:16

leteyer
Chargers will blow the Patriots away next week

Is game in San Diego?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 1, 2014 00:24

The preview of the Super Bowl is being played right now (Pat's vs Pack).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home