Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 10, 2014 16:22

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
JETS pull the stunner

Awesome! Hate the Steelers!smileys with beer

of course at the end the steelers had their usual dirty plays to try and hurt people

I can't stand anything about that team. @ least Ben R came back down to earth.

But in today's wacky NFL, the Steelers will probably 'bounce back' and win next week.

Date: November 10, 2014 16:25

crholmstrom
Here we go, 2nd half of the season. Time to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Even though its been a rugged first half of the season for my Hawks, I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the year. We control our own fate. If they take care of business, they will be back in the playoffs. First victim NJ Giants. Hawks 30 Lesser Manning 10. GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Now that Carson Palmer is done for the season, the Cards should fade from the division title picture. With that, Seattle's playoff scenario looks better than did before that...meaning they'll win division and likely get a first week bye and at least one home game.

The chance to repeat SB performance is better.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 10, 2014 22:53

nightskyman
crholmstrom
Here we go, 2nd half of the season. Time to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Even though its been a rugged first half of the season for my Hawks, I'm feeling pretty good about the rest of the year. We control our own fate. If they take care of business, they will be back in the playoffs. First victim NJ Giants. Hawks 30 Lesser Manning 10. GO HAWKS!hot smiley

Now that Carson Palmer is done for the season, the Cards should fade from the division title picture. With that, Seattle's playoff scenario looks better than did before that...meaning they'll win division and likely get a first week bye and at least one home game.

The chance to repeat SB performance is better.

agreed. they control their own fate. the schedule is tough so they will have to earn it.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 00:42

Well, my Bears sucked big time yesterday, along with two weeks ago vs the Patriots. A major shakeup has to take place. I can just imagine how pissed off Bears fans that live in Chicago are! I live near Vancouver but I've been reading all the posts online!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 11, 2014 01:59

Green Bay Packers are picking up steam. They took the division in the last game from Chicago last year and are set to meet division leading Lions this year in final week. Is it too early to predict another NFC North title?Winning never gets old.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:46

Oakland Raiders continue to raise the bar in their pursuit of perfection.
Add Denver to their list of victims.

Date: November 11, 2014 12:47

MKjan

Rumor has it Marshawn Lynch wants to play with the Raiders next year. Finish career at home. I hope he stays right where he is!smoking smiley

Date: November 11, 2014 13:47

crholmstrom
MKjan

Rumor has it Marshawn Lynch wants to play with the Raiders next year. Finish career at home. I hope he stays right where he is!smoking smiley

the seahawks are trying to find money to give wilson a max QB contract though. a little insane imo. lets look at QBs with contracts similar to what they want to give wilson after week 10 of this season
peyton manning- 2,912 yards 29 TDs 7 INTs
drew brees- 2,812 yards 18 TDs 10 INTs
joe flacco- 2,512 yards 17 TDs 8 INTs
aaron rodgers- 2,407 yards 25 TDs 3 INTs
tom brady- 2,392 yards 22 TDs 3 INTs
russell wilson- 1,841 yards 11 TDs 5 INTs

notice anything about wilsons numbers? i don't see why the seahawks think he deserves max money other than they know another desperate team will pay him that much.

Date: November 11, 2014 14:48

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
MKjan

the seahawks are trying to find money to give wilson a max QB contract though. a little insane imo. lets look at QBs with contracts similar to what they want to give wilson after week 10 of this season

notice anything about wilsons numbers? i don't see why the seahawks think he deserves max money other than they know another desperate team will pay him that much.

He's still growing. The intangibles he brings to the table are what is most attractive about him. He's a really good leader & don't think they have to worry about him getting arrested, etc. Given a better receiving core & consistent O line, his passing will get better. He's only in his 3rd year & already has a Super Bowl. That's as many as Peyton. It will be interesting but he's not going anywhere. He's very smart, too. When he runs he knows when to slide unlike some other mobile QBs. I think the Beast is a freak & they need to keep him next year. I haven't noticed any drop off with him. If anything, he's better. smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 11, 2014 16:42

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
MKjan

He's still growing. The intangibles he brings to the table are what is most attractive about him. He's a really good leader & don't think they have to worry about him getting arrested, etc. Given a better receiving core & consistent O line, his passing will get better. He's only in his 3rd year & already has a Super Bowl. That's as many as Peyton. It will be interesting but he's not going anywhere. He's very smart, too. When he runs he knows when to slide unlike some other mobile QBs. I think the Beast is a freak & they need to keep him next year. I haven't noticed any drop off with him. If anything, he's better. smileys with beer

Quarterbacks are also one of the only positions that aren't judged only by their personal numbers. Fairly or unfairly, they are also given both the credit or blame for wins and losses. They are commonly considered extensions of the coach (or at least the philosophy of the coach). A mediocre quarterback who is able to efficiently manage games AND NOT LOSE is going to be paid time and time again. Statistics are only absolute in FANTASY football. In the real game, not losing is really all that matters. Inflated statistics may be fun for fans to watch and debate but winning & leading is what ultimately matters for quarterbacks.

To get a better idea of Wilson's statistics, you might want to compare the numbers of wins, championships, games missed to injury or off-field issues, for the other quarterbacks mentioned. A harder statistic to find would be to assess how those quarterbacks have manipulated their contracts to make sure that there is money for their teammates. In the New England area, Brady is viewed as a hero for making sure that his $$$ don't eliminate the possibility of his teammates getting paid well. And I'm not just talking about his contract with the team. He's well known for helping his teammates get endorsement deals as well as including them in appearance opportunities.

With quarterbacks, there will always be more intangible and off-field measurements than simply the on-field numbers.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 12, 2014 06:12

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
MKjan

i agree they need to keep lynch which is why its a shame if they cut him to get wilson max money

Date: November 14, 2014 15:02

Sunday is looking to be epic! SEA/KC, NE/IND, GB/PHI & ARI/DET all the same day. Might be one of the best regular season days ever. Hoping all are good games. Just a quick note: I want to say thank you to everyone has been participating in this. This year has been really fun & there hasn't been any nastiness. Sure, we have our differences in team allegiances but that's what makes this interesting. I am looking forward to the rest of the year & the playoffs. Good weekend to have the great Sunday as I caught some sort of bug & am laying low. Need to get in shape for next Sunday as I am going to the SEA/ARI game. That one should be huge! GO HAWKS (& cheers to all)!smileys with beer

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:12

crholmstrom
Sunday is looking to be epic! SEA/KC, NE/IND, GB/PHI & ARI/DET all the same day. Might be one of the best regular season days ever. Hoping all are good games. Just a quick note: I want to say thank you to everyone has been participating in this. This year has been really fun & there hasn't been any nastiness. Sure, we have our differences in team allegiances but that's what makes this interesting. I am looking forward to the rest of the year & the playoffs. Good weekend to have the great Sunday as I caught some sort of bug & am laying low. Need to get in shape for next Sunday as I am going to the SEA/ARI game. That one should be huge! GO HAWKS (& cheers to all)!smileys with beer

I agree & looks like the Dolphins are for real. Sunday looks like a classic day with all games going down to the wire.

BTW - I just finished watching "Sweet Virginia" from the 11/12 concert in Sydney on You Tube (Pro Shot second or third video down list; for some unknown reason URL did not appear, so no Copy & Paste)

It really kicks immortal ass!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 15:13 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 14, 2014 15:25

Ralph Wilson is dead and same ole Bills stuff. Can't blame Ralph on the Bills Performance

Date: November 14, 2014 15:37

I don't play fantasy football, as I prefer more old school gambling haha. My friend though is in an all women league & I serve as spiritual advisor for her. She used her 1st pick to snag Andrew Luck. Needless to say, that is going very well. She's a bright lady!smoking smiley

Date: November 14, 2014 15:44

crholmstrom
I don't play fantasy football, as I prefer more old school gambling haha. My friend though is in an all women league & I serve as spiritual advisor for her. She used her 1st pick to snag Andrew Luck. Needless to say, that is going very well. She's a bright lady!smoking smiley

I wonder if they watch the games in a "Woman cave." spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 14, 2014 16:48

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

I wonder if they watch the games in a "Woman cave." spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

They had 1 party like that. My friend is a southern belle (from Georgia) & the lady can cook. I went over for 1 game & had homemade belgium waffles with mimosas. Is a good way to go.smiling smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 17, 2014 01:42

I know it's only the NFC South, but i like it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 17, 2014 02:00

The Saints are done. Can'tlanta is hilariously bad. Carolina is pathetic. Yet one of those teams could "win" the division with a record as dismal as 6-10.

Seattle - back to being bland.

Date: November 17, 2014 04:34

Yeah nfc south is bad

Date: November 17, 2014 05:44

I'm no NFL historian but the NFC South has to be - and will be - the worst division ever in NFL history so far for this season. It's amazing how bad it is!

Date: November 17, 2014 06:19

GasLightStreet
I'm no NFL historian but the NFC South has to be - and will be - the worst division ever in NFL history so far for this season. It's amazing how bad it is!

well you had the seahawks win their division a few years ago at 7-9

Date: November 17, 2014 06:30

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

well you had the seahawks win their division a few years ago at 7-9

Yes, I am all too well aware of that one. The NYG and Tampa Bucs finished with better records, both at 10-6, than the Seahawks and missed the 2011 playoffs because they didn't win their division too.

Date: November 17, 2014 14:24

This is even crazier!

NFC SOUTH W L T PCT HOME ROAD DIV CONF

Atlanta 4 6 0 .400 2-2 2-4 4-0 4-4
New Orleans 4 6 0 .400 3-2 1-4 2-1 4-4
Carolina 3 7 1 .318 2-4 1-3-1 1-2 3-5
Tampa Bay 2 8 0 .200 0-5 2-3 0-4 1-6

Date: November 17, 2014 16:07

6 wins might be enough to win NFC South. How about Green Bay in Atlanta as a 14 point road favorite? Things are getting rugged up here in sousmoking smileyth Alaska. Interesting the Beast stayed out on 19 degree field during half rather than go to locker room. I will say that his play has been outstanding despite whatever else is going on. Wonder if it had anything to do with the DEA raid? Just saying...enquiring minds want to know!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 18, 2014 09:54

Oakland is unstoppable, they continue to dominate like no other team.

Date: November 18, 2014 23:49

My gut feeling is that this is New England's year (winning everything). The NFC opponent doesn't seem apparent yet (Green Bay seems very hot right now, so it could be them).

Date: November 19, 2014 18:11

nightskyman
My gut feeling is that this is New England's year (winning everything). The NFC opponent doesn't seem apparent yet (Green Bay seems very hot right now, so it could be them).

Every team has some sort of major flaw. The playoffs should be interesting. I'm going to SEA/ARI sunday. That will be the key as to whether Seattle at least has chance this year. We are hoping for the best!

Date: November 22, 2014 11:11

Starting to get psyched for the game tomorrow! Resting up today so that I can be in full 12th man frenzy tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 22, 2014 16:39

Anyone notice who is on top of the Vegas odds makers list to win the Super Bowl? The Packers are 4/1 and with them finally finding out how effective the screen pass is I can see why. That play not only gives Lacy another chance of touching the ball but also keeps the opposing defense from constantly charging in on Rodgers. Packers D is looking better too after the bye week.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home