Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930
Current Page: 30 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: February 3, 2015 07:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 15:31 by camper88.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2015 16:31

RollingFreak
Again, still processing, but I'll try to spell it out:

I get the throwing. I get the being 1 or 3 yards from a touchdown, with two downs, and thinking "well obviously the Pats are going to do their hardest to prevent Lynch from scoring. Because thats obviously the play we're going to run." So I get thinking "let's surprise them, and not run, so they'll all be after Lynch and it'll leave a bunch of guys open." I get that thinking.

But here's the thing. I'm a casual football fan with this being my first year of actually paying attention and getting into the games. I understand that thought process, but how is it possible that they would do a play that I, a man who essentially knows nothing about football, would do. These guys are Super Bowl winners and people that understand the game in and out. I just can't process how they'd let that play happen. Even I see its a bad play, and I know nothing about the game. I just don't get how the most important play of the game is played so poorly by so many professionals. Surely if I knew more about the game, I would be agreeing with everyone (moreso than I already do) that you would never think in a million years to do that play.

That's just it - you don't have to understand the game to see how that was the worst play call in the history of Super Bowls. Some people have said had it been a taller QB the pass would've made it. I'm not convinced that's the case.

It's inexperience across the board. All 4 Super Bowls the Brady era Patriots have won have been won by less than a touchdown and a ton of luck - especially SB49.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: February 3, 2015 17:19

camper88
Carroll's explained that the bad call was the result of an under-inflated brain.
. . . and karma . . .after a fortnight off after a game they shouldn't have won, Karma's a bitch

Feeling so tired, can't understand it
Just had a fortnight's sleep
you got to fix it, must be karma
It's a bitch

That's the way I described it, whether Karma exists. Seahawks with close to an unexplicable win versus Green Bay and then, that versus the Patriots.

Or in the end, that's the way a lot of sports is, you lose games you should have won, you win games you should have lost.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 3, 2015 17:32

BroomWagon
camper88
Carroll's explained that the bad call was the result of an under-inflated brain.
. . . and karma . . .after a fortnight off after a game they shouldn't have won, Karma's a bitch

Feeling so tired, can't understand it
Just had a fortnight's sleep
you got to fix it, must be karma
It's a bitch

That's the way I described it, whether Karma exists. Seahawks with close to an unexplicable win versus Green Bay and then, that versus the Patriots.

Or in the end, that's the way a lot of sports is, you lose games you should have won, you win games you should have lost.

That was pretty much the NFCs entire playoff run. Argument could be made that Detroit got shafted, Dallas advances and then they got a bad break, GB advances and then they get blindsided, Seattle wins and then they got that bad play call.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 3, 2015 17:34

GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
Again, still processing, but I'll try to spell it out:

I get the throwing. I get the being 1 or 3 yards from a touchdown, with two downs, and thinking "well obviously the Pats are going to do their hardest to prevent Lynch from scoring. Because thats obviously the play we're going to run." So I get thinking "let's surprise them, and not run, so they'll all be after Lynch and it'll leave a bunch of guys open." I get that thinking.

But here's the thing. I'm a casual football fan with this being my first year of actually paying attention and getting into the games. I understand that thought process, but how is it possible that they would do a play that I, a man who essentially knows nothing about football, would do. These guys are Super Bowl winners and people that understand the game in and out. I just can't process how they'd let that play happen. Even I see its a bad play, and I know nothing about the game. I just don't get how the most important play of the game is played so poorly by so many professionals. Surely if I knew more about the game, I would be agreeing with everyone (moreso than I already do) that you would never think in a million years to do that play.

That's just it - you don't have to understand the game to see how that was the worst play call in the history of Super Bowls. Some people have said had it been a taller QB the pass would've made it. I'm not convinced that's the case.

It's inexperience across the board. All 4 Super Bowls the Brady era Patriots have won have been won by less than a touchdown and a ton of luck - especially SB49.

I've got no love for the Pats, but look at their SB losses. There were some freaky, micraculous plays that beat them as well.

Date: February 3, 2015 18:03

10 years since NE won their last SB but they've been there 2 times before 2015 (SBs 42 and 46) and lost to the same team both times, which was entertaining. 6 times since 2002. That's pretty good. It's obviously very difficult to get back the following year - Seattle got a bit lucky getting to it for a second year - yet ever again, win or lose.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 3, 2015 18:23

GasLightStreet
10 years since NE won their last SB but they've been there 2 times before 2015 (SBs 42 and 46) and lost to the same team both times, which was entertaining. 6 times since 2002. That's pretty good. It's obviously very difficult to get back the following year - Seattle got a bit lucky getting to it for a second year - yet ever again, win or lose.
The fact that they were THIS close to winning it as well just is at the same time extra sweet and entertaining, while also being a massive tease that they got so far and couldn't do that one last thing. But I guess thats the game.

For what its worth, I do think the Patriots were the overall best team this year. Seahawks were decent, but this Super Bowl was one of their better playing games. I was rooting for the Packers, but after the way they played against Seattle in the playoffs they deserved to lose. And with Rodgers getting hurt towards the end of the season, I was afraid they wouldn't win if they made it to the Super Bowl anyway. So all things considered, I do think the Patriots deserved this year's win, just looking at who did consistent best.

Date: February 3, 2015 18:36

Was it the 2013 season all the TV mouths were saying NE wouldn't do anything because of no one on the offense yet they somehow still got picked to get far or win it all? They made the 2014 playoffs and lost to Denver... ha ha... think of that for a minute.

Anyway, what are they saying now? As if the past couple of regular seasons with no talent on offense never happened I guess.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930
Current Page: 30 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home