Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 1, 2015 04:41

I think Dallas is going to take Detroit. Detroit's having problems getting points lately and Dallas seems more solid this year compared to the past. Unless Donkey-Kong Suh's feet get numb again and he gets to Romo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-01 04:55 by mighty stork.

Date: January 1, 2015 06:33

crholmstrom
Got a call from the Seahawks today with some very good news. I got 2 good tickets for the division round game on 1/10 for face value! Never been to a NFL playoff game. The few that were available sold out on Ticketmaster in minutes yesterday but the Hawks are handling the disabled seating in house. Very good customer service. I want Detroit! We'll see this weekend. GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

awesome news

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 1, 2015 14:37

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
Got a call from the Seahawks today with some very good news. I got 2 good tickets for the division round game on 1/10 for face value! Never been to a NFL playoff game. The few that were available sold out on Ticketmaster in minutes yesterday but the Hawks are handling the disabled seating in house. Very good customer service. I want Detroit! We'll see this weekend. GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

awesome news

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it. Good thing the Stones aren't coming soon, in a fiscal sense haha. The NFL is to sports ticket pricing what the Stones are to concerts.grinning smiley

Date: January 3, 2015 11:41

Here we go, wild card weekend! Kind of nice to have a bye week. Planning on just sitting back & chilling. Pretty much like the home teams in all the games. I would really like to see the Cowboys go down in flames. Steelers too!

Date: January 3, 2015 18:42

Ready for a weekend being a couch potato and enjoying some good games. My team also has off this week but that doesn't take away from the excitement of the NFL playoffs. I agree with you on the home team advantage as to who wins but one never knows.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 3, 2015 19:46

Predictions for today's winners?

Carolina and Pittsburgh.

Date: January 3, 2015 20:24

GasLightStreet

Carolina and Pittsburgh.
if bell is out gor the steelers then the Ravens might pull it out

Date: January 3, 2015 20:39

GasLightStreet

Carolina and Pittsburgh.

Ditto.thumbs up

Date: January 3, 2015 20:44

keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Carolina and Pittsburgh.

No ifs, Bell is out putting the outcome more in Big Ben's arm.

Carolina and Pittsburgh win today.

Date: January 4, 2015 01:11

At the half, AZ-CAR good game with crappy teams. The Legion of Boom are sitting in front of tv salivating!smoking smiley

Date: January 4, 2015 02:41

Terry Turnover on both Carolina & Arizona rosters!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 4, 2015 02:51

No sports or NFL football fan, but my sister is and she'll be sitting in Baltimore tonight heart in her hand hoping all goes well. So, sis, this one's for you:

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 4, 2015 02:54

77 net yard by Cardinals offence? Carolina's D isn't that good. This game lived up to what was expected.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 4, 2015 03:02

Jeeeeeez. I only picked Carolina because Arizona is missing it's QB. I thought the 3rd string QB might be able to get it done. With Larry Fitzgerald etc...

Nope.

NFL teams are only as good as their QB is - Indy Peyton-less when he sat out a season is a great example - unless the defense is better. That's it.

Cam Newton isn't very good.

Date: January 4, 2015 05:31

GasLightStreet
Jeeeeeez. I only picked Carolina because Arizona is missing it's QB. I thought the 3rd string QB might be able to get it done. With Larry Fitzgerald etc...

Nope.

NFL teams are only as good as their QB is - Indy Peyton-less when he sat out a season is a great example - unless the defense is better. That's it.

Cam Newton isn't very good.

Watching Pittsburgh it seems a good quarterback is not enough also. No running game without Bell has the Raven's D zeroing in on Big Ben every play.

Date: January 4, 2015 08:26

mighty stork
keefriffhard4life
GasLightStreet

Carolina and Pittsburgh.

No ifs, Bell is out putting the outcome more in Big Ben's arm.

Carolina and Pittsburgh win today.

well looks like i called it.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 4, 2015 10:27

crholmstrom
At the half, AZ-CAR good game with crappy teams. The Legion of Boom are sitting in front of tv salivating!smoking smiley

Carolina has an awesome defense anchored by Thomas Davis, Koooch, and Charles Johnson (DE). Seattle will have to go deep and often (Big Plays) to beat the Panthers.

Date: January 4, 2015 11:10

Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Carolina has an awesome defense anchored by Thomas Davis, Koooch, and Charles Johnson (DE). Seattle will have to go deep and often (Big Plays) to beat the Panthers.

Actually, I'm hoping Detroit beats Dallas. We would play them if that happens. Hawks are certainly familiar with the Panthers. Seems like we play back there every year. I like our chances against either team. You would be amazed by how loud the crowd is at Century Link Field. There have been points where it has actually been painful this year. I saw Metallica & the Stones there & the crowd noise during Hawk games is more than either of those shows were. Loving it that the Steelers got beat yesterday too!smileys with beer

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 4, 2015 11:23

Ravens versus Patriots next weekend, a familiar foe in the playoffs. This will not be an easy game for New England.

Date: January 4, 2015 11:24

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain
crholmstrom

Actually, I'm hoping Detroit beats Dallas. We would play them if that happens. Hawks are certainly familiar with the Panthers. Seems like we play back there every year. I like our chances against either team. You would be amazed by how loud the crowd is at Century Link Field. There have been points where it has actually been painful this year. I saw Metallica & the Stones there & the crowd noise during Hawk games is more than either of those shows were. Loving it that the Steelers got beat yesterday too!smileys with beer

Yes- I've even posted in the past about the fan atmosphere in Seattle - I think recently they broke some sorta sound barrier.

In any event, this will be a very physical Match-up. Once again, RW went to NC State. This game will be about who can establish the running game. Any turnover whatsoevevr will be costly.

I'm heading out West again in a few hours - Travel will remove me from the games....I wonder if I can pick up the NFL via WiFi in Flight? Definitely worth checking out if there is a provider.

Date: January 4, 2015 11:25

Safe journeys to you! Hopefully you get to your destination in time for the late game. If not, I would check NFL.com. I think they had link on the site to watch games. If not, they have live updates. Came in handy during fantasy season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-04 11:27 by crholmstrom.

Date: January 4, 2015 23:29

Time for the real Cowboys to come out. America's team...pfft!smoking smiley

Date: January 5, 2015 01:41

the bungles do it again

Date: January 5, 2015 01:43

keefriffhard4life
the bungles do it again

Wonder if they're ever going to axe the coach?

Date: January 5, 2015 01:47

Cowboys - Lions game is getting good. Keenly interested, as it will determine who I'm going to see Saturday.

Date: January 5, 2015 01:56

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
the bungles do it again

Wonder if they're ever going to axe the coach?

doubt it. they want to stick with marvin lewis for no reason at all

Date: January 5, 2015 02:17

I'm in Irvine - with beer watching Det-Dal- I heard Indy beat the bungles!

Long trip back to to the West Coast

Date: January 5, 2015 02:24

Chris Fountain

You were on the road a long time. Relax & enjoy end of game! This is the best 1 of the weekend.smileys with beer

Date: January 5, 2015 02:26

Chris Fountain

Irvine....I saw the last date of INXS Kick tour there. Fondly remembered as the night of 10,000 spandex mini skirts!>grinning smiley<

Date: January 5, 2015 02:51

Carolina it is! Mr. Newton, would like to reintroduce you to Mr. Sherman. GO HAWKS!!!! smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1681
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home