Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 22, 2014 06:47

SEAHAWKS!!!!!!hot smiley

Date: December 22, 2014 06:58

Weird day and sad the rex ryan era is over. Those guys play hard for him

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: December 22, 2014 07:01

Seattle is THE team to beat!

Posted by: winter ()
Date: December 22, 2014 08:36

Schedule for next Sunday revamped: Green Bay and Detroit moved to 4:30 and Steelers/Bengals moved to the primetime 8:30 spot. Don't remember which game was originally planned for the late spot.

Exciting day, some bizarre week 16 results. Ravens stumble, Jets almost take NE, DC stuns Philly, Dallas romps Indy, Seattle embarrasses Arizona at Arizona.

Conference championship games guess: Steelers at Patriots, GB at Seattle.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 23, 2014 22:32

DaveG
Seattle is THE team to beat!

I think Oakland could beat them now.

Date: December 24, 2014 05:05

On any given Sunday, anything can happen. I wouldn't mind seeing them snipe the Donkeys on Sunday. Peyton Manning is showing some signs that someone has been putting Kryptonite in his metamucil. grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 25, 2014 07:02

I would not bet on the Broncos making the Super Bowl in '015!

Date: December 25, 2014 14:00

GasLightStreet
I would not bet on the Broncos making the Super Bowl in '015!

If Seattle can get the home field, I would think the SEA/NE is the safe bet. It would be a helluva game!smileys with beer

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: December 25, 2014 19:03

Seatle will have to come to Lambeau.

Date: December 25, 2014 20:07

Broncos will be one and done in the playoffs!

Date: December 25, 2014 20:25

GasLightStreet
Broncos will be one and done in the playoffs!

Very well could be true they way they have been playing. The defense can't stop anyone and Manning has a history of playing poorly in cold weather. They may even have to face the Bengals again who just destroyed them.

Date: December 25, 2014 21:56

mighty stork
Seatle will have to come to Lambeau.

We shall see on Sunday. Let's see if GB can beat the Lions & the Hawks TCB against the Rams. Hawks will have the real O line for a change. If the NFC runs through Seattle, I really don't see anyone beating them. The frozen tundra would admittedly be a challenge. It's all good as long as the Cowkids go down in flames early, haha.

Date: December 25, 2014 22:12

I think GB will beat Detroit. Atlanta should beat Carolina. It would be hilarious if Oakland beat Denver. Watch Washington beat Dallas. No reason to expect Arizona to beat Seattle. Pittsburgh should take care of Cinci.

No other games matter. It's too bad all the teams have to play. Perhaps someone will invent a league where as the season progresses, if you suck, you just get eliminated from bothering to finish the season. At some point it means absolutely zero! Make the entire thing the playoffs.

Manning being worn down aside I just don't get the feeling that Denver will be making the 2015 Super Bowl. They just aren't that good.

Seattle - I hope if GB plays them, regardless of where, they beat them.

Date: December 25, 2014 22:18

GasLightStreet
I think GB will beat Detroit. Atlanta should beat Carolina. It would be hilarious if Oakland beat Denver. Watch Washington beat Dallas. No reason to expect Arizona to beat Seattle. Pittsburgh should take care of Cinci.

No other games matter. It's too bad all the teams have to play. Perhaps someone will invent a league where as the season progresses, if you suck, you just get eliminated from bothering to finish the season. At some point it means absolutely zero! Make the entire thing the playoffs.

Manning being worn down aside I just don't get the feeling that Denver will be making the 2015 Super Bowl. They just aren't that good.

Seattle - I hope if GB plays them, regardless of where, they beat them.

Hawks handled GB fine first game of the season. Think (not being a homer) that Hawks are more well rounded & our defense is ferocious. Just read Beast got fined $11,000 for grabbing his wee wee on Beastquake 2.0. Oh well, as Earl Thomas said "He is who he is. He's going to hold his dick. That's what he do." Haha, well said. Merry Xmas to all.smileys with beer

Date: December 28, 2014 16:59

Here we go, week 17! Hopefully will have the wild card weekend off as a fan but we shall see about that. Today a remote control heavy day with double headers on both networks then finish off with the Bengals vs the hated Steelers. As far as Rams/Hawks go, an old Klingon proverb comes to mind: Vengeance is a dish best served cold. Hawks 27 Rams 6. GO HAWKS, WOO HOO! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-28 18:28 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 28, 2014 17:57

All the money spend on Denver's Defense will get them gone as well.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 28, 2014 18:54

Carolina over the Falcons in Atlanta .....for the Division Championship. Records? Panthers 6-8-1 (They tied Cincy) Atlanta 6-9. Crazy but True The only other game that matters is San Diego @ KC - Chargers must win to make playoffs....if not -too complicated to explain in this post. Also, 3 miles from here the Dolphins play the Jets where the only premises is hate. Not worth attending but interest is keen.

Date: December 28, 2014 19:53

Chris Fountain
Carolina over the Falcons in Atlanta .....for the Division Championship. Records? Panthers 6-8-1 (They tied Cincy) Atlanta 6-9. Crazy but True The only other game that matters is San Diego @ KC - Chargers must win to make playoffs....if not -too complicated to explain in this post. Also, 3 miles from here the Dolphins play the Jets where the only premises is hate. Not worth attending but interest is keen.

I guess you aren't counting the two NFC divisions that still have to be determined. Seattle and Arizona tied at 11-4 and Detroit and Green Bay also 11-4. Also Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are a half game apart. The Green Bay / Detroit and Cincinnati / Pittsburgh games are head to head so the outcome of a victory is more direct. Seattle should take care of business against the Rams, but you never know until that final whistle. All said only New England has nothing to gain and nothing to lose today as they have won home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the best record in the AFC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-28 20:04 by mighty stork.

Date: December 28, 2014 20:43

No offense: I was going by the BleacherReport.com info. I trust their writers-

Again if SD & Car win today they're in.

Date: December 28, 2014 23:12

Chris Fountain

Sorry about your Dolphins my friend. Maybe its not too late to back out on keeping coach? He seems kind of vanilla (from a distance). I feel bad for Rex, too. He's a good coach who has been hamstrung by bad owner & GM. If he doesn't get a coaching gig, think he'll be good on broadcasts. They should replace Ditka with him. I used to like Iron Mike but he's getting harder to take as he gets older. He's ok when sticks to football I guess.

Date: December 28, 2014 23:51

Was that geno smith or Dan Marino?

Date: December 28, 2014 23:54

keefriffhard4life
Was that geno smith or Dan Marino?

Maybe he figured out what time the game started....eye popping smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 29, 2014 02:28

Oakland moving to Shanghai High School League.

Date: December 29, 2014 02:40

The road to NFC Championship going through Seattle again. WOO HOO!hot smiley

Date: December 29, 2014 04:49

crholmstrom

Do you know which wild card winner they face in two weeks? I assume either the Lions or the Cardinals unless Carolina pulls out a miracle win from a losing team.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: December 29, 2014 04:52

crholmstrom

Seattle was lucky that Dallas couldn't get them in a tiebreaker heads up. Beat the Seahawks in Seattle and didn't lose to GB, yet they are a three seed. That's the breaks, I guess.

Date: December 29, 2014 10:20

mighty stork
crholmstrom

Do you know which wild card winner they face in two weeks? I assume either the Lions or the Cardinals unless Carolina pulls out a miracle win from a losing team.

They get the lowest seed still alive on Jan 10.

Date: December 29, 2014 13:03

crholmstrom
Chris Fountain

Sorry about your Dolphins my friend. Maybe its not too late to back out on keeping coach? He seems kind of vanilla (from a distance). I feel bad for Rex, too. He's a good coach who has been hamstrung by bad owner & GM. If he doesn't get a coaching gig, think he'll be good on broadcasts. They should replace Ditka with him. I used to like Iron Mike but he's getting harder to take as he gets older. He's ok when sticks to football I guess.

I'm a Panthers fan that lives in S.Florida. However, concerning the Dolphins, they will keep Coach Philbin one more year, which happens to be the last on his contract.

Here's the Playofff Situation

NFL Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 3

NFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Arizona at Carolina (ESPN)

AFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Baltimore at Pittsburgh (NBC)
Sunday, Jan. 4

AFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Cincinnati at Indianapolis (CBS)

NFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Detroit at Dallas (FOX)

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10

AFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Baltimore/Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at New England (NBC)

NFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Detroit/Arizona/Carolina at Seattle (FOX)
Sunday, Jan. 11

NFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Dallas/Carolina/Arizona at Green Bay (FOX)

AFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at Denver (CBS)

Date: December 29, 2014 17:49

Predictions!

NFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Arizona at Carolina (ESPN) - Carolina (only because AR is so beaten up at QB right now)

AFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Baltimore at Pittsburgh (NBC) - Pittsburgh
Sunday, Jan. 4

AFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Cincinnati at Indianapolis (CBS) - Indy, of course

NFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Detroit at Dallas (FOX) - Dallas

NFL Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, Jan. 10

AFC: 4:35 PM (ET) Baltimore/Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at New England (NBC) New England

NFC: 8:15 PM (ET) Detroit/Arizona/Carolina at Seattle (FOX)
Sunday, Jan. 11 Seattle

NFC: 1:05 PM (ET) Dallas/Carolina/Arizona at Green Bay (FOX) Green Bay

AFC: 4:40 PM (ET) Cincinnati/Pittsburgh/Indianapolis at Denver (CBS) Not Cinci... Pittsburgh or Indy, whoever gets there.

Date: January 1, 2015 02:36

Got a call from the Seahawks today with some very good news. I got 2 good tickets for the division round game on 1/10 for face value! Never been to a NFL playoff game. The few that were available sold out on Ticketmaster in minutes yesterday but the Hawks are handling the disabled seating in house. Very good customer service. I want Detroit! We'll see this weekend. GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-01 02:37 by crholmstrom.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home