Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 5, 2015 03:39

Can't believe Detroit lost! Some controversial calls against them. Not a fan of either team but I was thinking that the NFL sure wants the Cowboys to win! After the game, talked with my brother, who is a huge Cowboys fan. He laughed and said he thought the same thing!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 5, 2015 04:34

Have to agree that picking up the flag that would have been pass interference when the defender never looked back at the ball threw me also. Was the best game all weekend though and well worth watching. I too don't care for either team but I don't think there is a NFL conspiracy. Is there???? lol

Date: January 5, 2015 06:20

yeah what a horrible no call...well it was called and then changed. i see defenders do that in every game and its called pass interference everytime

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 5, 2015 06:43

GO HAWKS!!

Nice to see my Seahawks deservedly not getting the attention and respect they got going into last years playoffs, while they are getting better and better each week.

Two championships in a row would be a very nice way to start a little dynasty...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 5, 2015 07:38

Detroit "may" have given them a run for the title game but I don't see Carolina having much hope. Maybe the Seahawks didn't get much attention this week because they weren't playing lol. I think the remaining teams and most of their fans DO respect them though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 14:06 by mighty stork.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 5, 2015 13:35

Watched the bad pass interference call from Detroit/Dallas. Detroit got robbed on that one. Terrible officiating.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 5, 2015 14:49

AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 10

No. 6 Baltimore Ravens
at No. 1 New England Patriots

Gillette Stadium, 4:35 p.m. ET, NBC

SUNDAY, JAN. 11

No. 4 Indianapolis Colts
at No. 2 Denver Broncos

Sports Authority Field at Mile High
4:40 p.m. ET, CBS

SATURDAY, JAN. 10

No. 4 Carolina Panthers
at No. 1 Seattle Seahawks

CenturyLink Field, 8:15 p.m. ET,

SUNDAY, JAN. 11

No. 3 Dallas Cowboys
at No. 2 Green Bay Packers

Lambeau Field, 1:05 p.m. ET, FOX

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: January 5, 2015 15:30

Dallas will be done after packers give them a beat down.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 5, 2015 15:37

Bad call or not, Detroit didn't do enough to win. A good team should be able to overcome bad/missed calls.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 5, 2015 17:06

GasLightStreet
Bad call or not, Detroit didn't do enough to win. A good team should be able to overcome bad/missed calls.

Wrong. Detroit then gets the ball far down the field and scores and GAME OVER. What a disgrace.

Date: January 5, 2015 17:32

alhavu1
GasLightStreet

Wrong. Detroit then gets the ball far down the field and scores and GAME OVER. What a disgrace.

Only if they scored a touchdown. The Lion's offence didn't show up the second half so they may have had to settle for a field goal giving them a 6 point lead. All said the reversal should not have been made and a penalty should have been called on the play for three reasons. #1- Hitchens grabbed Pettigrew's jersey as he moved past him. #2-Hitchens pushed Pettigrew's left shoulder before the ball arrived and without looking for the ball. #3- Dez Bryant came onto the field without his helmet to argue the flag.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 5, 2015 18:13

Yeah, I have to agree Dallas got away with one (really the entire game they got lucky just to survive Detroit's onslaught). I think Dallas as a whole have improved this year but don't think they'd make it past Seattle.

And going to Green Bay next week...we'll just have to see. Maybe they'll be better prepared after the game with Detroit. They just looked dead in that first quarter, and barely managed to get by in the first half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-05 18:14 by nightskyman.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: January 5, 2015 18:17

Chris Fountain
AFC DIVISIONAL ROUND

SATURDAY, JAN. 10

No. 6 Baltimore Ravens
at No. 1 New England Patriots

Gillette Stadium, 4:35 p.m. ET, NBC

SUNDAY, JAN. 11

No. 4 Indianapolis Colts
at No. 2 Denver Broncos

Sports Authority Field at Mile High
4:40 p.m. ET, CBS

SATURDAY, JAN. 10

No. 4 Carolina Panthers
at No. 1 Seattle Seahawks

CenturyLink Field, 8:15 p.m. ET,

SUNDAY, JAN. 11

No. 3 Dallas Cowboys
at No. 2 Green Bay Packers

Lambeau Field, 1:05 p.m. ET, FOX

Just for fun I'll provide my off the wall predictions:

Ravens over the Pats (would be great to see that, wouldn't it?)

Colts over Broncos (Another upset and Luck will get his due finally)

Hawks' easily over Carolina...

Green Bay will defeat Dallas at Lambeau field (would love to be there for a classic game).

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 5, 2015 19:18

The Cowboys were so incredibly awful during that first half, I would have to agree with the majority here, that non-call was substantial in helping Detroit win. Neither team played very well. Dallas picked up their game a bit in the second half, Romo got into a groove, but both teams continued to make mistakes. Detroit should have won.

Well. Playing in frigid Green Bay against A.R. and the Packers will probably be their season ender, but we'll see.

Being a life-long Pats fan, I'd love to see a Cowboys v. Patriots Super Bowl. When I was a kid (in the 70's and 80's) the Cowboys were like part of the Evil Axis, along with the Yankees and maybe the Lakers. And the Patriots were bad back then, year after year. So, Pats v. Cowboys would be so much fun. But I think it is highly unlikely.

Date: January 5, 2015 20:02

The Cowboys are still evil with Jerry Jones running everything, and I mean everything. But don't worry good will prevail in Green Bay this weekend.

Date: January 6, 2015 02:31

mighty stork
The Cowboys are still evil with Jerry Jones running everything, and I mean everything. But don't worry good will prevail in Green Bay this weekend.

He looked like he was looking for a secretary to fondle when they showed him in his owner's box.

Date: January 6, 2015 03:07

crholmstrom
mighty stork

He looked like he was looking for a secretary to fondle when they showed him in his owner's box.

But he had to settle for Gov. Chris Christie

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 6, 2015 03:16

Just for fun I'll provide my off the wall predictions:

Ravens over the Pats (would be great to see that, wouldn't it?)

Being from MA I have to disagree. But local confidence here in the media is ridiculous to me, the Ravens are playoff ready and I respect them a lot. It's been over 10 years since NE won it all.

Date: January 6, 2015 09:24

mighty stork
alhavu1
GasLightStreet

Only if they scored a touchdown. The Lion's offence didn't show up the second half so they may have had to settle for a field goal giving them a 6 point lead. All said the reversal should not have been made and a penalty should have been called on the play for three reasons. #1- Hitchens grabbed Pettigrew's jersey as he moved past him. #2-Hitchens pushed Pettigrew's left shoulder before the ball arrived and without looking for the ball. #3- Dez Bryant came onto the field without his helmet to argue the flag.

One key point is missing here. After # 1 and BEFORE #'s 2 and 3 ....... the guy from the Lions grabbed the Dallas linebacker's facemask which is an illegal move.

One way or another,either a facemask penalty or offensive pass interference against the Lions . >>>> A receiver is not allowed to grab or push a defender while the ball is in the air .... facemask or anywhere else. That,combined with any Dallas penalty,would have lead them to just replay the down.

Where are all of the still shots of the facemask grab ??

Date: January 6, 2015 10:50

mighty stork
crholmstrom
mighty stork

But he had to settle for Gov. Chris Christie

To paraphrase Bon Scott: That's "a whole lotta Christie"grinning smiley

Date: January 6, 2015 18:25

Here you go : * [www.gfycat.com] *

What do Detroit Lions apologists have to say about that ??

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: January 6, 2015 19:34

They got robbed big time. Like the Raiders in the Snow Bowl

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 7, 2015 04:00

GO RAVENS!!! And I ain't even a sports fan. But, it's the old hometown team. My dream is for the Ravens and Indianapolis to play in the Stupor Bowl with the Ravens winning. For an old Baltimore guy, it would be sweet revenge for when the late Bob Irsay snuck the team out of town in the middle of the night and moved it to Indy.

Date: January 7, 2015 04:43

Winning Ugly VXII
Here you go : * [www.gfycat.com] *

What do Detroit Lions apologists have to say about that ??

Best angle of that I've seen so far. OK 4 flags on the play and down over. Just another embarrassing moment for the NFL this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-09 19:20 by mighty stork.

Date: January 7, 2015 09:52

alhavu1

It's not really the same for 2 reasons.

1) The Raiders did not get away with comitting a penalty on that play.

2) The Raiders probably should have been able to win the game directly after that play by running the remaining time off of the clock. If they called all of the penalties in the Lions - Cowboys game correctly on that play and just replayed the down,the Lions might well have not scored at all on that drive or maybe just a Field Goal making it 23-17 at that point. Dallas still could very well have won by answering with 7 points. ( 24-23 ) That would not seem very unlikely with the way that things were going. There were still over 8 minutes left in the game at that point and both teams had at least 2 or 3 times out left if I recall correctly .... plus the 2 minute warning time out.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: January 7, 2015 17:38

nightskyman
Yeah, I have to agree Dallas got away with one (really the entire game they got lucky just to survive Detroit's onslaught). I think Dallas as a whole have improved this year but don't think they'd make it past Seattle.

And going to Green Bay next week...we'll just have to see. Maybe they'll be better prepared after the game with Detroit. They just looked dead in that first quarter, and barely managed to get by in the first half.

Yeah, as a Cboys fan, I don't feel great about them in that cold weather, but actually feel pretty good about them going into Seattle and winning again if they were to get through this game. I wouldn't be suprised to see Carolina play the Seahawks close this weekend.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 7, 2015 17:58

alhavu1

I'm not sure the Raiders got robbed. I think they do everything by design to hurt themselves.

Date: January 9, 2015 17:42

crholmstrom
Watched the bad pass interference call from Detroit/Dallas. Detroit got robbed on that one. Terrible officiating.

Yeah, that was awful.

Still. Detroit didn't finish them off. I know giving Dallas a chance is equivalent to not stepping on a roach. The Lions just aren't a very good team.

Date: January 9, 2015 18:18

Did you look at this ????? * [www.gfycat.com] * Or maybe you just don't want to see it ??

It's 'awful' when Detroit gets away with a penalty as well.

Date: January 9, 2015 19:20

Winning Ugly VXII
Did you look at this ????? * [www.gfycat.com] * Or maybe you just don't want to see it ??

It's 'awful' when Detroit gets away with a penalty as well.

HA HA! I saw that after I posted my comment. You are correct - they got away with something...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home