Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 5, 2014 17:18

After watching the 16 minute version of "Midnight Rambler" from Roskilde, I am really looking forward to Auckland. I figure by then it will be 90 minutes long, and the setlist will be

Start Me Up
Doom and Gloom ("new" song)
Midnight Rambler
Happy (Keith)
Silver and Gold (Keith)
JJF

Encore

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 5, 2014 21:42

From Keith's interview with Olivier Nuc, published in Le Figaro on October 3, ostensibly to promote the French release of 'Gus & Me'.

The Rolling Stones are preparing to tour again soon, right?

We'll play in Australia this month. I'm anxious. I love my job. As soon as I spend some time at home, it starts to itch. I think I'd better be on a stage somewhere. We'll play in South America early next year. Then I don't know. It's too far in advance to plan. But I guess we'll return to the United States.

Will you return to Paris?

The concert at the Stade de France was one of the best we have given in France. I love Paris. I have a small apartment in the city. I'm a regular visitor to the weekend shopping with my wife. I love discovering new restaurants in particular.

Google Translate

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 5, 2014 21:46

He does know, but I do hope it's gonna be a few gigs in London town next summer.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 5, 2014 22:11

"The concert at the Stade de France was one of the best we have given in France. I love Paris. I have a small apartment in the city." Small is a relative term, I doubt most of us would see it that way. I', sure its not some 5th floor walk up studio. Anyhow I can't wait for the shows down under and already trying to plan for South America and beyond!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 5, 2014 23:32

Mick is in Paris already. Time to start rehearsals before flying downunder?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 6, 2014 00:52

VIP PIT tix avail to all Aussie shows thru ticketek

Re: Rehearsals?
Posted by: varilla ()
Date: October 6, 2014 16:16

Something new on this topic?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 6, 2014 20:15

As I heard, rehearsals from Monday, Oct. 13 to show start in Australia...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 7, 2014 00:24

Stonesfan2146
As I heard, rehearsals from Monday, Oct. 13 to show start in Australia...

Australia is pretty much the same size as continental USA (less Alaska), so coming here is tantamount to hiding!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 7, 2014 00:50

will rehearsals be in Adelaide ?

Date: October 7, 2014 00:53

Those heading down under ....look out L

kangaroos boxing on in suburban street

Date: October 7, 2014 03:13

Deathgod
Those heading down under ....look out L

kangaroos boxing on in suburban street

Why the fuss? Happens every day down our street...

(Actually, slightly seriously, it shows why it pays to be fairly careful around big male kangaroo's. One kick from their hind legs can disembowel you!)

Australia Rehearsals and tour data
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 7, 2014 12:41

Hey guys,

As well as many others, I've had an extended wait to see the Adelaide Stones concert, to be held at the venerable Adelaide Oval on the 25th.
Is there any solid data as to when and where the group will arrive and rehearse?
I know from following the iorr forums that the rehearsal places are well known to the members here e.g Paris and Oslo.
If we commit to quiet non-intrusive listening from a fair distance at the rehearsals, how do we get to know the location - if it is in Adelaide?

Re: Australia Rehearsals and tour data
Date: October 7, 2014 13:18

Macnee2
Hey guys,

As well as many others, I've had an extended wait to see the Adelaide Stones concert, to be held at the venerable Adelaide Oval on the 25th.
Is there any solid data as to when and where the group will arrive and rehearse?
I know from following the iorr forums that the rehearsal places are well known to the members here e.g Paris and Oslo.
If we commit to quiet non-intrusive listening from a fair distance at the rehearsals, how do we get to know the location - if it is in Adelaide?

Map out likely places in your area, follow IORR closely several times a day (look for small hints) and make sure you devote lots of time for this. There is always someone who knows...

Date: October 7, 2014 13:34

DandelionPowderman

Map out likely places in your area,

"Your area". Who are you kidding.

Australia is 7.6 MILLION square Kilometers (the USA is 9.16 MILLION). So mapping out likely places in your area is, ahem, akin to narrowing down the search for a needle in a haystack by saying that the haystack is in a field somewhere!

(My figures must be right, I got them from the CIA).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 7, 2014 14:57

surely they will rehearse somewhere in Adelaide. Maybe next week ?

Date: October 8, 2014 09:05

I am in Adelaide, my assumption is that they will either fly into Sydney on the east coast to rehearse then come into Adelaide on show day, or rehearse here.
Now if they use a warehouse here, there is a high concentration of sheds in my area, and fairly easy to keep low profile. This is where I'm relying on the iorr insiders for clues. If they use an actual music venue, there are so few here that it will be all over the news.

Date: October 8, 2014 12:39

Macnee2
I am in Adelaide, my assumption is that they will either fly into Sydney on the east coast to rehearse then come into Adelaide on show day, or rehearse here.
Now if they use a warehouse here, there is a high concentration of sheds in my area, and fairly easy to keep low profile. This is where I'm relying on the iorr insiders for clues. If they use an actual music venue, there are so few here that it will be all over the news.

Sounds plausible as a general scenario, but I'd NOT expect them to fly in on show day. They stopped doing that years ago.

If they do rehearse outside of Adelaide, then they will fly in the day before at the latest. IMHO of course

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 8, 2014 12:44

Can I ask the iorr faithful, especially those that were at Paris and Oslo for any etiquette tips, aside from quietly keeping your distance?

Date: October 8, 2014 15:29

I think they will rehearse in Adelaide. They would have studio or warehouse booked. Maybe starting next week ? Will it be usual? Core band , then backups ?

Date: October 8, 2014 21:19

CaptainCorella
DandelionPowderman

Map out likely places in your area,

"Your area". Who are you kidding.

Australia is 7.6 MILLION square Kilometers (the USA is 9.16 MILLION). So mapping out likely places in your area is, ahem, akin to narrowing down the search for a needle in a haystack by saying that the haystack is in a field somewhere!

(My figures must be right, I got them from the CIA).

Adeleide, I meant.

IAN STEWART - was he mentioned in CROSSFIRE HURRICANE ?
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 8, 2014 22:04

Great Post - here about Stu's finest moments - but I remember going to the premiere of CFH In Edinburgh, and coming out thinking you know what I don't think I heard Stu's name mentioned or a picture/ video. I felt sad being Scottish that there was no mention of the 'Laird of Pittenweem' in a documentry about the rise and current status of the Stones.I have not bought the DVD to check. so I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. - If I am correct then I am again dissapointed.Please tell me I am wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-08 22:43 by Tonstone.

Re: IAN STEWART - was he mentioned in CROSSFIRE HURRICANE ?
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 9, 2014 00:28

NO, HE WAS NOT thumbs down(correct me if I'm wrong anybody), but this whole Crossfire Hurricane film is too Jumping Jack Flashy anyways for old warhorses like you and me.
I prefer the Charlie Is My Darling DELUXE box set and Get Yer Ya-Ya's out De Luxe Boxset (+ Gimme Shelter DVD deluxe). Did you spot STU on stage in the spotlight 2 seconds on his birthday 1978 (Some Girls in Texas DVD)? That's a great momentthumbs up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-09 00:31 by RipThisBone.

Re: IAN STEWART - was he mentioned in CROSSFIRE HURRICANE ?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 9, 2014 04:00

He was seen briefly and that was it. It's a real slap in the face for someone who in essence was the second Rolling Stone, after Brian.

When do Australian Rehearsals start?
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: October 8, 2014 17:51

Anybody know where, when and any surprises that they are dusting off like Flight 505?

Re: When do Australian Rehearsals start?
Date: October 8, 2014 18:18

I don't know when or where but,there almost definitely will be surprises in the rehearsals .... as always but,judging by the European tour from earlier in the year,probably only 1 or 2 surprise songs in the actual concerts.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: October 8, 2014 20:53

Hopefully more Mick Taylor this time around.

Date: October 8, 2014 21:02

I'm thinking next week.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 8, 2014 22:19

October 25th.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2014 22:30

....probably awaiting clearance from Julie Bishop..are we safe with these guys on Australian soil??? .....haaaa

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2108
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home