Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Disingenuous Concert Attendance Stats on this board
Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 24, 2015 08:40

Well, I do appreciate that the concert tour guide page, as listed on this web page linked below, indicates the venue "capacity, which is a nice stat to have, I guess, presuming one is too tired to check any Wikipedia entry regarding venue capacity. But jezz. What a useless stat IORR shares here, in relation to what we really want to know on this board, which is, how did a particular show SELL?:

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

Seriously. What a USELESS stat. Show both the capacity and the attendance. Or, should we assume all dates are sellouts and that they will truly draw 75,000 at Arrowhead this week. If not, Christ on an F'in Cracker, change the way you refer to this. Show instead, here on IORR, the number of folks who showed up at Arrowhead. If it's less than 75K, just indicate that. My guess: probably no more than 50K will be there. And who cares? But this page above wants to imply that a venue's "capacity" somehow equals the actual attendance. Which is a crock. And really...come on BV...why don't you update this page to be a little more clear that
"capacity" most certainly does NOT equal attendance at a particular venue.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 08:49 by rocker1.

Re: Disingenuous Concert Attendance Stats on this board
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 24, 2015 08:46

rocker1
Well, I do appreciate that the concert tour guide page, as listed on this web page, indicates the venue "capacity":

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

Seriously. What a USELESS stat. Show both the capacity and the attendance. Or, should we assume all dates are sellouts and that they will truly draw 75,000 at Arrowhead this week. If not, Christ on @#$%&' Cracker, change the way you refer to this. Show instead, here on IORR, the number of folks who showed up at Arrowhead. If it's less than 75K, just indicate that. My guess. No more than 50K will be there. And who cares? But this page above wants to imply that a venue's "capacity" some equals the actual attendance. Which is a crock. And really...come on BV...why don't you update this page to reflect attendance as opposed to "capacity." ???

Not to detract from the point of this thread but -LOL- I thought I was the only person who says "Christ on a fukcing cracker" winking smiley

Date: June 24, 2015 08:50

not sure what any of this means? if the stones only have 50k tickets available to a concert and they are all sold thats a sell out even if the place is able to hold 25k more people

Date: June 24, 2015 08:57

keefriffhard4life
not sure what any of this means? if the stones only have 50k tickets available to a concert and they are all sold thats a sell out even if the place is able to hold 25k more people

WTF? Check out the link here:

Concert Venue Capacities in 2015

This certainly implies that 75K tickets are available for Arrowhead. Right? Can we agree on that? Do you think for one minute they will sell 75K tickets at Arrowhead Stadium? Of course you don't. So what does this mean? Well... it means that BV is trying to imply, on this board, that "tickets available" at a venue somehow means that what how many tickets were sold that venue. I call BS. And please, please, PLEASE, call my own BS on this. I don't think you can, but would love to be proven wrong.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 24, 2015 09:34

rocker1
what we really want to know on this board, which is, how did a particular show SELL?:

We do? confused smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 24, 2015 09:37

if it's such a big deal to you then probably best you
contact BV and discuss it with him privately ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 24, 2015 09:52

The numbers are my rough estimates of venue capacity BEFORE the shows are being performed. Then later on they are revised into exact sales figures from official sources.

If you are not happy with the quality of IORR then feel free to publish a better web site on your own, so that I can retire. That would be great.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 24, 2015 10:01

swiss
rocker1
Well, I do appreciate that the concert tour guide page, as listed on this web page, indicates the venue "capacity":

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

Seriously. What a USELESS stat. Show both the capacity and the attendance. Or, should we assume all dates are sellouts and that they will truly draw 75,000 at Arrowhead this week. If not, Christ on @#$%&' Cracker, change the way you refer to this. Show instead, here on IORR, the number of folks who showed up at Arrowhead. If it's less than 75K, just indicate that. My guess. No more than 50K will be there. And who cares? But this page above wants to imply that a venue's "capacity" some equals the actual attendance. Which is a crock. And really...come on BV...why don't you update this page to reflect attendance as opposed to "capacity." ???

Not to detract from the point of this thread but -LOL- I thought I was the only person who says "Christ on a fukcing cracker" winking smiley

my fav to-date phrase was from crumblingmice who said about 3 weeks ago under the thread he started called "Who is bv?"; "Christ on a bike!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 10:06 by tauk.

Date: June 24, 2015 10:02

rocker1
keefriffhard4life

This certainly implies that 75K tickets are available for Arrowhead. Right? Can we agree on that? Do you think for one minute they will sell 75K tickets at Arrowhead Stadium? Of course you don't. So what does this mean? Well... it means that BV is trying to imply, on this board, that "tickets available" at a venue somehow means that what how many tickets were sold that venue. I call BS. And please, please, PLEASE, call my own BS on this. I don't think you can, but would love to be proven wrong.

no i meant where are the numbers being posted that they are all sellout? arrowhead holds around 76k but with the stones stage and stuff no way there are 75k tickets for sale. if i had to guess at most there are 68k tickets being sold to the concert

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 24, 2015 10:18

tauk
swiss
rocker1

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

my fav to-date phrase was from crumblingmice who said about 3 weeks ago under the thread he started called "Who is bv?"; "Christ on a bike!

That may be my new favorite saying.

Please don't retire, bv. You're the moderator we love to love and maybe sometimes love to complain about. DandelionPowderman may be angling to be bvII but you're still our one and only. Where do you get the official sales numbers from, btw? or is that Classified? winking smiley

Date: June 24, 2015 10:26

bv
The numbers are my rough estimates of venue capacity BEFORE the shows are being performed. Then later on they are revised into exact sales figures from official sources.

If you are not happy with the quality of IORR then feel free to publish a better web site on your own, so that I can retire. That would be great.

Well, BV, my post came off far too harsh and tone deaf, and...my apologies. Not that they will be accepted.

I guess my point was...well, it's hard to tell right now. Aquamarine doesn't care a bit how a show actually sold. And she, and you, are better fans than I am, for sure, so sorry to slag.

I was a print subscriber to IORR from 1998 or so, and remember waiting with anticipation for those envelopes to show up in my mailbox from wherever you shipped them from. Your efforts to share "all things Stones" cannot be surpassed, and they are appreciated, and I am sorry I implied that they were lacking. If I had 1000 years to prep and train and try, I could never come close to providing what you have done through this website and via your other efforts. I did not mean this to be a reflection on IORR in general, but re-reading my post, it sure sounds like I was challenging it, and you. I was trying to encourage clarity on this very, very particular point in particular. Which I did in a confrontational way. Which was not good.

I am enjoying this tour, and following everyone's experiences here on this board, especially yours. I think my issue with concert attendance stats actually has more to do with the way "official" attendance is recorded these days by promoters, etc. It's not reflection of this board. But I implied otherwise, for which,...

I do eat crow here.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 24, 2015 12:30

Capacity and attendance figures? Who cares? Really?

Date: June 24, 2015 12:37

rocker1
bv

Well, BV, my post came off far too harsh and tone deaf, and...my apologies. Not that they will be accepted.

I guess my point was...well, it's hard to tell right now. Aquamarine doesn't care a bit how a show actually sold. And she, and you, are better fans than I am, for sure, so sorry to slag.

I was a print subscriber to IORR from 1998 or so, and remember waiting with anticipation for those envelopes to show up in my mailbox from wherever you shipped them from. Your efforts to share "all things Stones" cannot be surpassed, and they are appreciated, and I am sorry I implied that they were lacking. If I had 1000 years to prep and train and try, I could never come close to providing what you have done through this website and via your other efforts. I did not mean this to be a reflection on IORR in general, but re-reading my post, it sure sounds like I was challenging it, and you. I was trying to encourage clarity on this very, very particular point in particular. Which I did in a confrontational way. Which was not good.

I am enjoying this tour, and following everyone's experiences here on this board, especially yours. I think my issue with concert attendance stats actually has more to do with the way "official" attendance is recorded these days by promoters, etc. It's not reflection of this board. But I implied otherwise, for which,...

I do eat crow here.

But surely you must see that there won't be 75.000 tickets for sale, as the Stones's stage and everything eats up a lot of space?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-24 12:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 24, 2015 12:47

To each his own of course, but what I like about the capacity figures is to have an
impression of the size of the venue. If I plan to visit a show, I might look for a venue
that suits my preferences (which would be club or arena size in my case). Of course
I could find out for myself by visiting the website of the venue, but it is an appreciated
service of IORR to provide this information in this overview.
Information about attendence do not move me much, but I surely would be interested before
a show if tickets are still available.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 24, 2015 13:53

tauk
swiss
rocker1

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

I used to know someone who would say "Jesus Mary and Naugahyde".

But I like the saying I made up better: "Jesus Macaroni and Dick Cheese"--anyone ever hear that one? No? Then I can claim credit. Hooray for me!

But, seriously, Jesus Macaroni and Dick Cheese... would your bootleg sound better if there were more people at the concert? Personally, as a collector of live Beatles concert bootlegs, those shows could have benefited from less people in the audience. In some cases, less is definitely more.

In fact, I wouldn't mind it if I were the only person to show up at a Stones concert... which would be a sound check, I know, but it would still be great. At least there wouldn't be some drunk lady beside me dancing and constantly stepping on my feet for the whole 2 hours. Less is definitely more!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:15

I find the subject of ticket sales much more scandalous. A topic that has been beaten to death I suppose. And of course kudos to BV, please don't retire, at least not before The Stones.winking smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:39

rocker1
keefriffhard4life

No, it doesn't implie that at all.
If you have a bucket that can hold 20 litres of water. well, then it can.
If you're required to also carry two bricks in that bucket, then of course you won't be able to fill up with 20l.
the list says Capacities, not tickets.

good to see you found your cool in your later post.thumbs up

Btw, "Christ on a bike!" was one of Gazza's exclamation from many years ago.winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2015 14:52

From what I've been able to find the actual seating for Arrowhead is 76,416.

But one could figure about 20-30,000 seats won't be available due to the stage but how many on the field...

In 1981 the Stones played the Louisiana Superdome and over more than 87,500 people showed up. At that time seating was 71,330. Of course the stage was much smaller then than what they use now, or at least recently. Is this stage as big as anything from 1989-2007?

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:12

It does not matter to me. I have been to numerous shows and The Stones pretty much fill every venue, no matter what the size. I don't care what the numbers are.

Don't need no Virgin Priest I'm just waiting on a friend.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: June 24, 2015 15:23

When I read the first post in this thread I thought to myself this has all the earmarks of someone posting when they're incredibly drunk.

Not much has changed that perception now that I've read the entire thread.

Oh- attendance? Who cares?

Date: June 24, 2015 15:27

Long John Stoner
When I read the first post in this thread I thought to myself this has all the earmarks of someone posting when they're incredibly drunk.

Not much has changed that perception now that I've read the entire thread.

Oh- attendance? Who cares?

Exactly.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:08

Would it also be helpful to provide information about catering arrangements?

Date: June 24, 2015 16:12

BANQUET BANQUET BANQUET. It was the BANQUET department. The E-mail was sent to the BANQUET department.

Aint I rich enough. I'm not to blind to see.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:29

bv

That made me laugh out loud. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:42

Lipsgogreen
BANQUET BANQUET BANQUET. It was the BANQUET department. The E-mail was sent to the BANQUET department.

Aint I rich enough. I'm not to blind to see.

Thanks.

Tim

Welcome back, onlystones.

Date: June 24, 2015 16:45

Who is that??

I remain Lipsgogreen.

Sshhh.

I ONLY love the STONES.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2015 16:55

swiss
tauk
swiss
rocker1

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

That may be my new favorite saying.

Please don't retire, bv. You're the moderator we love to love and maybe sometimes love to complain about. DandelionPowderman may be angling to be bvII but you're still our one and only. Where do you get the official sales numbers from, btw? or is that Classified? winking smiley

are you implying a coup d'état is in the works? mother of humanity there is some serious instability in Norway!

Date: June 24, 2015 17:01

LOL! Good one, swiss >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:08

rocker1
Well, I do appreciate that the concert tour guide page, as listed on this web page linked below, indicates the venue "capacity, which is a nice stat to have, I guess, presuming one is too tired to check any Wikipedia entry regarding venue capacity. But jezz. What a useless stat IORR shares here, in relation to what we really want to know on this board, which is, how did a particular show SELL?:

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

Seriously. What a USELESS stat. Show both the capacity and the attendance. Or, should we assume all dates are sellouts and that they will truly draw 75,000 at Arrowhead this week. If not, Christ on an F'in Cracker, change the way you refer to this. Show instead, here on IORR, the number of folks who showed up at Arrowhead. If it's less than 75K, just indicate that. My guess: probably no more than 50K will be there. And who cares? But this page above wants to imply that a venue's "capacity" somehow equals the actual attendance. Which is a crock. And really...come on BV...why don't you update this page to be a little more clear that

Thats a whole lotta griping about a non-issue that had a pretty obvious explanation. When the venues/concerts were announced and bv posted the info, it quickly became the best source for planning an itinerary based on geography, dates, and.. wait for it..size of venue.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but surely the originator has responded with the appropriate apologies and a "never mind" post.

Christ on a crutch.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 24, 2015 17:25

MisterDDDD
rocker1

"Venue "Capacity"!!"

Thats a whole lotta griping about a non-issue that had a pretty obvious explanation. When the venues/concerts were announced and bv posted the info, it quickly became the best source for planning an itinerary based on geography, dates, and.. wait for it..size of venue.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but surely the originator has responded with the appropriate apologies and a "never mind" post.

Christ on a crutch.

That's very... disingenuous of you. That's... awful bad.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home