Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 12 of 17
Re: Berlin Waldbühne 10 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 11, 2014 20:14

It wasn't really my intention to bash his solos. I'm not that much of a basher, although I really don't like them.

Just that one note in can't be seen proved to me he just uses it as a prop.

Again, I think Keith can still be ok. And screw ups are a part of it. I don't mind. I just thought he was poor yesterday. He started concentrated on the 50 & Counting tour, I just hope that doesn't diminish any further and let the posing take over.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 11, 2014 20:14

What comments are ugly? I don't read everything, but nobody is saying that Keith doesn't play well because he is a slacker; nobody is saying anymore that he has brain damage from the tree thing; it seems pretty much universally recognized that he has a lot of problems playing because of the arthritis but that he is doing a pretty good job of playing through that, playing around it, doing his job despite his physical limitations. Seems to me that's praise, not slagging him off because he can;t play like he could when he was 30.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 11, 2014 20:27

Speaking of dramatizing numbers in unexpected ways ...

During that gloriously nasty MR when the Mick brought a bottle of water out on the catwalk,
the good Beast and I knew what would happen next: After taking a swallow himself
he hurled the rest of the water in a lovely arc that baptised the first couple of rows of us.
But apparently he also splashed his catwalk, because the next thing we knew a sort of SWAT team
of five or six black-garbed security guys rushed into the space alongside the catwalk with a very serious towel.
Since the catwalk was so high at that point they really had to struggle to heave one of their number up
so that he could crawl on his hands and knees very seriously wiping up any splashes in Sir Michael's path as he danced down and back.

It was very serious! And hilarious. I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 11, 2014 20:31

with sssoul
Speaking of dramatizing numbers in unexpected ways ...

During that gloriously nasty MR when the Mick brought a bottle of water out on the catwalk,
the good Beast and I knew what would happen next: After taking a swallow himself
he hurled the rest of the water in a lovely arc that baptised the first couple of rows of us.
But apparently he also splashed his catwalk, because the next thing we knew a sort of SWAT team
of five or six black-garbed security guys rushed into the space alongside the catwalk with a very serious towel.
Since the catwalk was so high at that point they really had to struggle to heave one of their number up
so that he could crawl on his hands and knees very seriously wiping up any splashes in Sir Michael's path as he danced down and back.

It was very serious! And hilarious. I love the Rolling Stones

That is funny, with sssoul, good that they were able to wipe up quickly. Thank you for telling it here.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 11, 2014 20:34

Wild Slivovitz
RoyalPurpleStones
duke richardson
Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

Doesn't anyone else think that Lisa should stop teasing Keith in the middle of the solo? It's beyond my comprehention why they allow such a clownish approach to this very dramatic song. It sounds very anticlimatic, and that's excactly the opposite of what the song should be (in my opinion, it should reach its climax in the outro, with the repetition of that strong, superb and majestic riff. Instead of that, nowadays they are often playing some pointless noodling, which is a shame. I hope in Paris we'll get a better rendition of this number. Last year in Hyde Park 1 was the highlight of the show).

completely agree. they've diminished the song with the histrionic, cartoonish way its been done recently..

The nitpicking that goes on around here is hilarious! I am doubled over in painful laughter! smiling smiley

Nice to hear you're having fun smiling smiley !

I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. smiling smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 11, 2014 20:34

I was there too thanks to Gazza. We had a pre-show piss up at the Kantstrasse. Good fun. Also present was the always cheerful SweetVirginia of RocksOff fame. It's always a pleasure to be around such great fans.

Some random thoughts:

We got to venue. I was in block F. The Waldbuhne is a great place. You feel close wherever you're sitting. My first Stones show in 7 years. Needless to say I was excited. Kudos to the sound engineers. It was crystal clear throughout for me. And loud as @#$%& too. They played good. Keith still needs to knock off some rust, but it wasn't bad. Rambler was good. Get Off My Cloud was great. It sounded inspired. The German audience was great. I'm used to Danish audiences that doesn't do much. I'd go to a German show over a Danish one after this. Any day of the week. Doom & Gloom sounded a tad flat and uninspired. Was a nice surprise with WOAF. Flash was great. YCAGWYW is indeed a lot better with the choir intro. Fave songs they did yesterday was GOMC, OOC, MR, JJF and WOAF. Taylor did a great job on MR.

After the gig I rushed to the station. I had a train back to Denmark to catch. Of course it was delayed by one hour. Horrible train ride home, but that was the only downside from this whole trip. Well that, and the fact that I had to run home like that. I would've loved to stay for a night I the town with those guys I was with earlier. Next time I'll try to plan it better. Right now me and my wife have a baby girl to take care of. We named her Nadine after the CB song. :-)
And Berlin is just a great city.

Roll on Roskilde!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:15

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:21

If the journey to Berlin was today...it would have been a nightmare:
Thunderstorms and delayed trains from Hamburg to Berlin.

But yesterday it was just perfect. It was my golden anniversary,
the 50th show. And it was a golden experience all the way.

We arrived at 6 PM and went to the right queue, the moving one at
the main entrance. It was so hot, we were drained from sweat.

The venue is just beautiful. And there´s nothing better than bringing
Rock´N´Roll to an old Nazi building.

Our friend Dr. H. awaited us at a great spot, Keith´s side. Especially
for my son it was the place to be. During Rambler Mick spilled some
water into the crowd, and so my son was baptised!

Next to us was Jane Rose with this laminate:

Anytime, anywhere...

The show was long and like the weather: hot!
Everybody was in a great mood, fans and band alike. Mick had some
great jokes. At one point Steven Tyler was waving with both hands
from the VIP area, Mick saw it and responded the same way. Must have
been the first time in Tyler´s career that Jagger imitated him drinking smiley

On OOC Mick was overmotivated and started the second chorus too early,
which the band couldn´t repair for half a minute. But it was a crowd
pleaser as back in 1998. Fantastic!

Though some songs seem to be a bit slow, it was a very, very good
performance. OOC, Waiting On A Friend, Rambler, JJF and Shelter being
the highlights.

My son loved it. Today he wore the tourshirt and was reading iorr!!
Maybe I passed it on.

DrH. and my wife loved it, too. Both haven´t seen them since 2007 and
were totally overwhelmed (again) by this band in their 70s.

Here are a few shots!

Off to Paris on Friday! Pelouse OR! All by myself
See you there!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:25

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:30

Walbühne 1965 Poster sold for 356.99 EUR

[E:3160" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.de]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:37

angee
That is funny, with sssoul, good that they were able to wipe up quickly. Thank you for telling it here.

It was very serious, I tell you! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It was a splendid show. That moment people have described in Out of Control when Keith and Mick went head to head
in a gloriously raunchy harp/guitar duel was just ohhhhhhh yes, THAT is how it's done - that right there!
And I love how Keith's using his Juniors all over the place - they sound so freakin great in his hands!
He was singing real pretty too. Silver was flawless, and his decision to give Can't Be Seen a workout is so intriguing!
It's such a strange piece - he's singing a guitar line, and it doesn't surprise me
if getting the words in the same order each time is the least of his worries, you know?

And yes you bet that Mick Jagger is a marvel. The show was all about him - not only because of what he was unleashing,
but also the way the band was meshing to make sure they were providing what he needs.

Which leads nicely to YCAGWYW. During that long lead-up to the change to doubletime,
the Mick was moving backwards up the catwalk to the stage, and he started ... fluttering,
with a dramatically tragic look his face, like a heroically wounded butterfly -

Thanks and praises, and all kinds of blessings on the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 21:44 by with sssoul.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 11, 2014 21:46

TooTough
At one point Steven Tyler was waving with both hands
from the VIP area, Mick saw it and responded the same way. Must have

Hilarious! thumbs up >grinning smiley<

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 11, 2014 22:03

Here's last night's "Midnight Rambler" from Berlin. At 8:40 you will see something really sexy. A beautiful fräulein with 3 beers in each hand walking down the aisle. Ahhh beautiful

Germany....

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 11, 2014 22:07

BowieStone

Again, I think Keith can still be ok. And screw ups are a part of it. I don't mind. I just thought he was poor yesterday. He started concentrated on the 50 & Counting tour, I just hope that doesn't diminish any further and let the posing take over.

Are you going to a Rolling Stones show and think, that Keith plays every note right? They are The Rolling Stones, I await a show full of energy when I see them live. AND I was never disappointed in one of their shows. Maybe the setlist can be other?

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: June 11, 2014 22:17

Too Tough
Must have

Well, there was that sketch on SNL a couple of years ago...

It's pretty funny if you haven't seen it.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 11, 2014 22:58

Ladykiller
BowieStone

Are you going to a Rolling Stones show and think, that Keith plays every note right? They are The Rolling Stones, I await a show full of energy when I see them live. AND I was never disappointed in one of their shows. Maybe the setlist can be other?

Errr....no.
If I would want that I wouldn't be travelling Europe and spending thousands of euros and a lot of time on 7 shows. Because I know that's not what a stones show is about.

I want Keith to play his guitar like mick jagger sings and charlie drums....like a pro. The time his talent, natural gift did nearly everything are over. He needs to be concentrated. And jesus, come on, I'm just saying he played a poor show. And to me that was because of his lack of concentration. The entire band is focused to catch him, cover him up... The least he can do is try his best, which was not what he did yesterday. But he did that at the other two shows I saw this tour (Oslo and defintely Pinkpop).

Posted by: LoveIORR ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:04

duke richardson
Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

Doesn't anyone else think that Lisa should stop teasing Keith in the middle of the solo? It's beyond my comprehention why they allow such a clownish approach to this very dramatic song. It sounds very anticlimatic, and that's excactly the opposite of what the song should be (in my opinion, it should reach its climax in the outro, with the repetition of that strong, superb and majestic riff. Instead of that, nowadays they are often playing some pointless noodling, which is a shame. I hope in Paris we'll get a better rendition of this number. Last year in Hyde Park 1 was the highlight of the show).

completely agree. they've diminished the song with the histrionic, cartoonish way its been done recently..

Are you for real??? You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. But, it seems that you think you are better and know more than the Stones do. And they have lasted 50+ years how?? confused smiley

Posted by: LoveIORR ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:25

BowieStone
Ladykiller
BowieStone

Errr....no.
If I would want that I wouldn't be travelling Europe and spending thousands of euros and a lot of time on 7 shows. Because I know that's not what a stones show is about.

I want Keith to play his guitar like mick jagger sings and charlie drums....like a pro. The time his talent, natural gift did nearly everything are over. He needs to be concentrated. And jesus, come on, I'm just saying he played a poor show. And to me that was because of his lack of concentration. The entire band is focused to catch him, cover him up... The least he can do is try his best, which was not what he did yesterday. But he did that at the other two shows I saw this tour (Oslo and defintely Pinkpop).

It seems as though you have no compassion at all. Just "concentrate"?? Seriously, with hands like this;
Gee, do you think they might be a bit painful, some days more than others?? Give the guy a break.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:39

Sometimes I wonder if some people who post here are really fans of The Rolling Stones.

Maybe closet U2 fans or good old Brucie trying to knock them off being the best music band on the planet.

Love Bruce Springsteen, and like U2...........................a bit. winking smiley

If some of the posters don't really like The Stones,why bother going ,and then moaning about the performance.

In my eyes and ears, every Rolling Stones show is great,fantastic ,and a gig to remember.
All the moaners will know next time, and there will be a next time,..................don't bother to go. confused smiley

Date: June 11, 2014 23:40

crawdaddy
Sometimes I wonder if some people who post here are really fans of The Rolling Stones.

Maybe closet U2 fans or good old Brucie trying to knock them off being the best music band on the planet.

Love Bruce Springsteen, and like U2...........................a bit. winking smiley

If some of the posters don't really like The Stones,why bother going ,and then moaning about the performance.

In my eyes and ears, every Rolling Stones show is great,fantastic ,and a gig to remember.
All the moaners will know next time, and there will be a next time,..................don't bother to go. confused smiley

Hear, hear!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:44

+1 for crawdaddy.

I left the Berlin show thinking how fantastic Keith was, I thought his playing was unbelievable considering the circumstances. Those opening chords of JJF will stay with me for years; without a doubt the loudest and meanest guitar playing I've heard live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 23:44 by Bastion.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:51

with sssoul
angee

It was very serious, I tell you! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No doubt, it's that insurance contract.
Page 532, section 14, something like that.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 11, 2014 23:55

To put it in perspective if the Beatles played today and George. Paul and John were the only guitarists how cool would that be mistakes and all. The Stones are very much the same, living legends rocking hard with nothing to hide, not a fantasy but real rock 'n' roll being played for you. People that don't get the splendor of what is actually happening, worrying about Chuck and Lisa, the nuances of one song or concert, are short changing their chance to enjoy music history being made.

Date: June 12, 2014 00:01

Been watching your videos Bard ,of the gig at Olsens Bar 2012 on youtube ,and what a fantastic performance.

Love your vocals and guitar playing.

Great band and must be the best band in Oslo, if not Norway................unless A-Ha are still around. winking smiley

Great to have met you Bard,as well as all those other great Stones Vikings I met in Oslo.

I will never forget Oslo. smileys with beer

Date: June 12, 2014 00:02

DoomandGloom
To put it in perspective if the Beatles played today and George. Paul and John were the only guitarists how cool would that be mistakes and all. The Stones are very much the same, living legends rocking hard with nothing to hide, not a fantasy but real rock 'n' roll being played for you. People that don't get the splendor of what is actually happening, worrying about Chuck and Lisa, the nuances of one song or concert, are short changing their chance to enjoy music history being made.

thumbs up

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:02

Hi Folks - just came back from Berlin & here are some of my pics - I hope you enjoy. It was a fantastic gig and I really dig the guitar-sound they have on this tour!

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:09

Irix
Funny - a Tour bus from Leipzig near the Waldbühne main entrance:

(Photo by Irix)

This is the bus from Sebastian Krüger, a german artist:
[www.sebastiankruger.com]

On Monday, June 9th there was a vernissage in Potsdam (near Berlin) with Sebastian Krüger - Rolling Stones & more - at Albert Baake Galerie.
There are also some original Ronnie Wood pictures exhibited:
[www.albert-baake.de]
[sebastian-kruger-news.blogspot.de]

Date: June 12, 2014 00:15

Love all the pics and the links. smileys with beer

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:28

Great shots, Waterrats!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 12 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2330
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home