Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17
Re: Berlin Waldbühne 10 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 12, 2014 13:10

Roadster32

This is the bus of a fan - NOT from Sebastian Krueger. The artwork on it is from paintings of Sebastian, but the bus doesn't belong to him.

Good to know. Here the original Artworks from Sebastian Krüger:

[www.sebastiankruger.org]

Btw: Many people on the way to the Waldbühne liked the bus and they made a photo.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 13:40 by Irix.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 12, 2014 13:50

Aquamarine
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
Judging from the Berlin-videos, Keith has improved a lot on this tour already.

I like what he did on Waiting On A Friend and Rocks Off. Keith is really getting there, working like a trooper in very difficult circumstances thumbs up
I can't imagine many of you know this but Keith practices guitar often. In Jamaica where I stayed in a nearby hut he set aside 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon just to play to tapes and stay sharp on his playing. Now that he's being crippled by arthritis I doubt he gets that much guitar time. My point is despite his public image Keith has always tried to be a dedicated musician. Things like SMU happen at the beginning of the show as his hands must feel numb when he's starting out. Still I'm certain he stretches out and does what he can to prepare because that's what he would do. It's really ugly to read some of these comments.
I'm at the airport on my way home, and started to pass the time waiting for a delayed flight by reading some of the comments on this show that gave me such pleasure,, but I gave up in misery.

Thank you so much for saying this.

The show gave you pleasure and that's all that matters.
That's all that should ever matter. You have great memories and no comment on a message board can change that. Maybe I missed a few posts of Keith bashing as skimmed through the thread but my impression overall is that a good time was had by all. The venue is outstanding and there was a great version of WOAF and a new twist on MR, people are appreciating the virtues of OOC live, and the guitars were good and loud. That's what I gathered from reading the thread.

I'm not particularly into the way GS or SFTD sound these days, and I have other general criticisms, but that has nothing to do with this show or any show specifically.

And once again, outstanding photos from the IORRians in attendance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 14:02 by andrewt.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 12, 2014 14:04

Maybe I should have just read on, andrewt, but I didn 't have the heart. Prefer my own memories!

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: June 12, 2014 14:45

Just uploaded my recording of Waiting On A Friend.
At the beginning it is very shaky - I was overwhelmed and trembling from head to feet.smiling smiley Despite of the heat, I had goosebumps during the whole song

The whole evening was simply fantastic. Thank you Rolling Stones! Can't wait for Düsseldorf now.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 15:00 by Salan.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 12, 2014 14:56

powerage78

eye popping smiley It´s Josephine Perry, right? eye popping smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2014 15:55

TooTough
powerage78

A little heavy on the makeup for sure, and the big shoulder pads...but what's with the cane though?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:00

andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

I like what he did on Waiting On A Friend and Rocks Off. Keith is really getting there, working like a trooper in very difficult circumstances thumbs up
I can't imagine many of you know this but Keith practices guitar often. In Jamaica where I stayed in a nearby hut he set aside 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon just to play to tapes and stay sharp on his playing. Now that he's being crippled by arthritis I doubt he gets that much guitar time. My point is despite his public image Keith has always tried to be a dedicated musician. Things like SMU happen at the beginning of the show as his hands must feel numb when he's starting out. Still I'm certain he stretches out and does what he can to prepare because that's what he would do. It's really ugly to read some of these comments.

That's an important point. It's absurd not to take that into account. It's not on to outright dump on Keith's playing, however we've seen what he can be capable of still to this day, and I feel it's valid to hold him to the standards he has set earlier in this tour. Not that I have had a problem with any of that lately, but this also needs to be taken into consideration.

Keith's playing over the years, and for various reasons, has always trodden a very fine line between ragged majesty and complete trainwreck.

From what I've seen in clips from this tour, there've been far more "spine tingling" moments than "oops" moments.
His timing & touch are still incredible...and his tone through that old twin, sublime.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:13

What a great gig! Got close to the stage on the Keith's side of Stehplatz section and actually managed to grab his guitar pick he threw after Satisfaction!! Still speechless!!!

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:23

Just back from Berlin (what a french strike mess)

I tried to read the 14 pages but my eyes need to sleep.
So, because I did not see those info there (sorry if I'm wrong), some quick points :
- too much smoke on Sympathy. No wind at all (even the scorpion's ones), and it was very difficult to see something after few seconds (I was seated in top blocks - lucky dip)
- very good sound (on my seating position)
- MT was late for Satisfaction (guitar trouble, shoe trouble, NASDAQ variation trouble, who knows...) and everything was ok without. Yep, he finaly joined but the question is why ?
- only one merchandising slot (2 but the second was quite empty), what a war to buy a souvenir
Next Paris. If trains .. (what a french strike mess - again)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:32

Spud
andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

That's an important point. It's absurd not to take that into account. It's not on to outright dump on Keith's playing, however we've seen what he can be capable of still to this day, and I feel it's valid to hold him to the standards he has set earlier in this tour. Not that I have had a problem with any of that lately, but this also needs to be taken into consideration.

Keith's playing over the years, and for various reasons, has always trodden a very fine line between ragged majesty and complete trainwreck.

From what I've seen in clips from this tour, there've been far more "spine tingling" moments than "oops" moments.
His timing & touch are still incredible...and his tone through that old twin, sublime.
I've watched many of these Berlin clips and it appears to me Keith is more comfortable here than the beginning of the tour in the US. He is great on WOAF, the outro riffs he tosses in are a new voice for him. I think he's pulling back into the pocket and relying on the band in a good way.

Date: June 12, 2014 16:37

Spud
andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

The only times he gets in trouble is when he can't be bothered to beefen up his sound for soloing (YGMR, HTW, GS-intros etc.). Apart from the Scarf Me Ups, that is winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:54

treaclefingers
TooTough
powerage78

A little heavy on the makeup for sure, and the big shoulder pads...but what's with the cane though?

Joe has had multiple knee surgeries since 2008. If I'm not mistaken, one knee has actually been replaced. Pretty sure he uses the cane most of the time he's off stage. Haven't ever heard that he actually "needs" it for weight bearing issues (he seems to do pretty well on stage without it), more that it's kept close, for security/safety/just-in-case type of reasons.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 12, 2014 17:04

DoomandGloom
Spud
andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

I've watched many of these Berlin clips and it appears to me Keith is more comfortable here than the beginning of the tour in the US. He is great on WOAF, the outro riffs he tosses in are a new voice for him. I think he's pulling back into the pocket and relying on the band in a good way.

I thought both Mick and Keith were a bit tentative (or slightly nervous) in late 2012. But that was to be expected. Mick has always said it takes x number of shows to really get up to speed and start clicking on all cylinders. I thought they were on fire in 2013 and feel the same about this tour. I don't worry about the occasional hiccup anymore than I used to worry about a Joe Montana interception as a former 49er fan. The Stones always leave the stage victorious! As far as I can tell they have never been defeated.

Posted by: TurkuStonesFan ()
Date: June 12, 2014 17:18

The clips from Berlin are amazing and his onstage brotherhood with Keith is genuine. As a very old fan I must say that the interaction on the catwalk and during songs between the Glimmer Twins is really heartwarming. It adds a new dimension to these shows that other tours have lacked in past years.

Many thanks to everyone for sharing the night with us.

Date: June 12, 2014 17:18

DandelionPowderman
Spud
andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

The only times he gets in trouble is when he can't be bothered to beefen up his sound for soloing (YGMR, HTW, GS-intros etc.). Apart from the Scarf Me Ups, that is winking smiley

I recall at the shows that I saw in person, Keith could go from KEEF to Keith from song to song. But really, out of the 20 that were in the set, I'd say only 4 or 5 really suffered from his playing, and most of those were at the beginning of the show, which is a pretty good average. And when he's on and loud, well, there's just nothing quite like it.

I was very impressed with him on the far east leg, but I haven't been able to immerse myself in enough clips from this latest batch of shows to really formulate an opinion on his recent playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 17:54 by andrewt.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2014 17:26

I thought only Ronnie was allowed to wear ugly coloured shoes!

Date: June 12, 2014 17:56

They do match his shirt and scarf, though.
So points for that.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:02

TooTough
powerage78

Perry- dude looks like a Lady Indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:03

Besides he's been wearing them (at least that model, Nike Flyknit) since Februray for the Paris rehearsals. Same pants too...like Mick. Surely they must have 10x pairs ?! Reminds me of that judge in Canada who, allegedly, said when Keith showed up late because he was waiting for his pants to be dry cleaned "I find it extraordinary that a man of your means only has one pair of pants!" ;-

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:29

DandelionPowderman
Spud
andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

the pedals and overdrives are controlled from backstage, Keith's classic tone is clean and very loud like many classic rockers. Twins don't really overdrive...

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 19:03

came back from berlin now. what a great location this waldbühne is! innenraum was amazing, it was my first concert since bigger bang, and i have to say i have never heard such strong clear loud guitar sound from the stones, just awsome.
i paid 300 euro for innenraum and i am happy i did!!! what an expirience!
see them in vienna again but i think waldbühne is number one for this leg.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: June 12, 2014 19:37

corriecas
TooTough
powerage78

Perry- dude looks like a Lady Indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

>grinning smiley<smileys with beerthumbs up

The Waldbühne was my 34-th Stonesshow since 1982 and comes in around fifth place overall! Only behind Paradiso I 1995, Vredenburg Utrecht 2003, o2 Arena 1 2012 and Hydepark 2 in 2013.
We were in the pit at Keith-side halfway the walkway. What a venue! It was great to witness closeup Mick working the crowd up to the highest places until everybody, even the last person was clapping, hands above head. Very impressed this time, he must be the greatest frontman ever with the greatest band ever!
Good spirits on stage between everybody and in the crowd. What a thrill!!!thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 12, 2014 19:45

One more random thought: It sure was a joy to get OOC and MR in one show!
I guess that's happened a couple of times already on this leg of the tour,
but I believe that prior to this tour it's been really rare to have both of them.
So it's say hallelujah time - hallelujah! and thanks and praises :E

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 12, 2014 19:46

basti

"... you should leave the area immediately!"

ROTFL! Just too f***ing hilarious!!

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: June 12, 2014 20:39

What a great show! Sound of guitars almost drilled me brain. Amazing. One of the most unique venues ever! Luckily everybody survived the race down the stairs. And for some there were "additional attractions" like being allowed by security to jump over the railings during Brown Sugar smiling smiley

Date: June 12, 2014 20:56

DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
Spud
andrewt
DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman

the pedals and overdrives are controlled from backstage, Keith's classic tone is clean and very loud like many classic rockers. Twins don't really overdrive...

I know smiling smiley

However, it's with the Tele it happens. On IORR, SFTD, GS and Satisfaction Pierre gives a boost.

Date: June 12, 2014 21:07

TurkuStonesFan
The clips from Berlin are amazing and his onstage brotherhood with Keith is genuine. As a very old fan I must say that the interaction on the catwalk and during songs between the Glimmer Twins is really heartwarming. It adds a new dimension to these shows that other tours have lacked in past years.

Many thanks to everyone for sharing the night with us.

There is no doubt that the kids (us) are much happier when the parent's (Mick and Keith) are in harmony. The less friction/tension the better. Makes for a much happier experience.

Date: June 12, 2014 21:12

jacollini
What a great show! Sound of guitars almost drilled me brain. Amazing. One of the most unique venues ever! Luckily everybody survived the race down the stairs. And for some there were "additional attractions" like being allowed by security to jump over the railings during Brown Sugar smiling smiley

And the camera's were rolling! Can't wait for the box set!

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: June 12, 2014 22:43

Some more versions shot from my "Lucky Dip" Ticket (Obering Block 11).

It was HOT, HOT, HOT & Fantastic smileys with beer

01-Intro and Start Me Up - [youtu.be]

05 Waiting On A Friend - [youtu.be]

07-Get Off Of My Cloud - [youtu.be]

08 Out Of Control - [youtu.be]

10 You Got The Silver - [youtu.be]

12-Midnight Rambler - [youtu.be]

18-You Can't Always Get What You Want - [youtu.be]

19-(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - [youtu.be]

All the Best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 22:47 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 12, 2014 22:44

Good job getting the pick, wickerman! It hit my finger before falling into your feet. I was the one saying "gut gemacht,ich hab zwei" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 22:48 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 14 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2296
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home