Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17
Re: Berlin Waldbühne 10 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:30

latvianinexile
Great shots, Waterrats!

Thank you kindly!
Can't wait for D'dorf ...

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:37

What a blast!!

These pictures are for you , angee! (and all who might be interested) You should have stood next to me. Still sad you couldn`t come over here in my hometown.

I have never seen this band in such a great happy and warmhearted mood. You could see the joy in their faces. It seemed they were thrilled by the venue and audience. Mick and Keith, smiling and hugging each other, Keith and Ronnie the same. Keith seemed to be 10 years younger. I had the impression that they had a perfect evening for themselfs. And I had the feeling that they knew that they are blessed.

I have seen a very happy band and that made me happy!

OK, sorry for some picturequality. Just did it with a phone.

Have fun!!smileys with beer

Tom

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 21:08 by electricmud.

Posted by: thijs1981 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:42

Loved the show. Some songs were better than others, but overall it was great being there. Lovely venue and the band had lots of fun.

I was very impressed with the sound. Their FOH guy's got HUGE BALLS. Whenever there's a solo he turns the instrument up LOUD. Very ballsy and direct sound. Love the way he is using regular cheap microphones and no compression. Works really well for the band.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:44

waterrats
latvianinexile
Great shots, Waterrats!

Thank you kindly!
Can't wait for D'dorf ...

Hi WR,

I second this...loved seeing the reactions of the fans behind Mick when he was working the catwalk. Priceless!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:50

Another fan of Waterrats photos here - so joyful to see them in action against the crowd enjoying it. Thanks to all who have posted great pictures and reviews and anecdotes. I think of all the shows this is the one I would have loved to be at. But the second best is to read it.

Re: Rolling Stones - Berlin, 10 June 2014
Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:55

bye bye johnny

Thomas Peter
I can't believe this myself, but I think Keith actually looks better than Mick in these pictures.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 12, 2014 01:20

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta...on Keith

That is to say ... it's only rock 'n roll BUT I LIKE IT!

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 12, 2014 01:45

Is that right, the Waldbühne Show release soon to BluRay

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:11

Maybe they will release a dvd box afterall?
With Newark, Glastonbury and Berlin? Then you've got concerts from 2012, 2013 and 2014 in one release in the best quality. Good be great!

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:19

@ basti: you can quote me, right? winking smiley

Tom

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:31

electricmud, thank you so much for the pics and the sentiments!!!
That joy among the band members for the venue and each other is wonderful. thumbs up

That last is really in contrast to some of the shows in 2013. While they were good, the
comaraderie was absent, especially between Mick and Keith. With their warmth toward each
other, the whole band is more playful, especially in the beautiful setting of the Waldbühne.

cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Re: Rolling Stones - Berlin, 10 June 2014
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:31

KatieGirl
bye bye johnny

Thomas Peter
I can't believe this myself, but I think Keith actually looks better than Mick in these pictures.

I agree. I don't think the dyed hair particularly helps the overall look when your face is wrinkled.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:33

angee
That joy among the band members for the venue and each other is wonderful. thumbs up

That last is really in contrast to some of the shows in 2013. While they were good, the
comaraderie was absent, especially between Mick and Keith. With their warmth toward each
other, the whole band is more playful, especially in the beautiful setting of the Waldbühne.

cool smiley

When I saw them in Toronto, there was no camaraderie between them, it was quite noticeable. Good to see the icy relationship has thawed.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:36

I hope for one of this

1) Waldbühne Box Set ... 1965, 1998 and 2014 or 1965 and 2014
2) Tour-Boxset : London O2 November 25, 2012, Glastonbury and Berlin 2014

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 12, 2014 02:55

LoveIORR
BowieStone
Ladykiller
BowieStone

Again, I think Keith can still be ok. And screw ups are a part of it. I don't mind. I just thought he was poor yesterday. He started concentrated on the 50 & Counting tour, I just hope that doesn't diminish any further and let the posing take over.

Are you going to a Rolling Stones show and think, that Keith plays every note right? They are The Rolling Stones, I await a show full of energy when I see them live. AND I was never disappointed in one of their shows. Maybe the setlist can be other?

Errr....no.
If I would want that I wouldn't be travelling Europe and spending thousands of euros and a lot of time on 7 shows. Because I know that's not what a stones show is about.

I want Keith to play his guitar like mick jagger sings and charlie drums....like a pro. The time his talent, natural gift did nearly everything are over. He needs to be concentrated. And jesus, come on, I'm just saying he played a poor show. And to me that was because of his lack of concentration. The entire band is focused to catch him, cover him up... The least he can do is try his best, which was not what he did yesterday. But he did that at the other two shows I saw this tour (Oslo and defintely Pinkpop).

It seems as though you have no compassion at all. Just "concentrate"?? Seriously, with hands like this;
Gee, do you think they might be a bit painful, some days more than others?? Give the guy a break.

Maybe they could give the audience a break and charge a regular price for a ticket. They are raking in millions every day. That's their break. Step back from the ledge. It will be OK. We're all fans here.

Date: June 12, 2014 03:00

treaclefingers
angee

cool smiley

When I saw them in Toronto, there was no camaraderie between them, it was quite noticeable. Good to see the icy relationship has thawed.

No doubt Mick's tragedy has strengthed the bonds. Small mercies. As a fan it's quite emotional for me to see them close again.

Date: June 12, 2014 03:04

DandelionPowderman
Nice angle on Keith. All of a sudden he looked 20 years younger grinning smiley

Wow. No kidding. He should hire someone to bathe him in blue light everywhere he goes winking smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:07

LoveIORR
duke richardson
Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

Doesn't anyone else think that Lisa should stop teasing Keith in the middle of the solo? It's beyond my comprehention why they allow such a clownish approach to this very dramatic song. It sounds very anticlimatic, and that's excactly the opposite of what the song should be (in my opinion, it should reach its climax in the outro, with the repetition of that strong, superb and majestic riff. Instead of that, nowadays they are often playing some pointless noodling, which is a shame. I hope in Paris we'll get a better rendition of this number. Last year in Hyde Park 1 was the highlight of the show).

completely agree. they've diminished the song with the histrionic, cartoonish way its been done recently..

Are you for real??? You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. But, it seems that you think you are better and know more than the Stones do. And they have lasted 50+ years how?? confused smiley

I'm sorry but your remarks are totally unfitting, as You might acknowledge yourself that is pretty much ridiculous to infere that anyone on this board "thinks to be better than the Stones" and to "know more than the Stones do". Please tell where you have read such statements, thank you.

And yes, that "Gimme Shelter" is not that great. It sounded much better just a few days before at Pinkpop festival. Hopefully friday will be better.

Date: June 12, 2014 03:34

DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
Judging from the Berlin-videos, Keith has improved a lot on this tour already.

I like what he did on Waiting On A Friend and Rocks Off. Keith is really getting there, working like a trooper in very difficult circumstances thumbs up
I can't imagine many of you know this but Keith practices guitar often. In Jamaica where I stayed in a nearby hut he set aside 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon just to play to tapes and stay sharp on his playing. Now that he's being crippled by arthritis I doubt he gets that much guitar time. My point is despite his public image Keith has always tried to be a dedicated musician. Things like SMU happen at the beginning of the show as his hands must feel numb when he's starting out. Still I'm certain he stretches out and does what he can to prepare because that's what he would do. It's really ugly to read some of these comments.

That's an important point. It's absurd not to take that into account. It's not on to outright dump on Keith's playing, however we've seen what he can be capable of still to this day, and I feel it's valid to hold him to the standards he has set earlier in this tour. Not that I have had a problem with any of that lately, but this also needs to be taken into consideration.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 12, 2014 03:36

basti
Is that right, the Waldbühne Show release soon to BluRay

Yep, fits with what I saw. There where two TV trucks outside.
one was covering for the local tv news reports. they were editing and having some relaxed fun with the fans, I posted my clip here on page 9.
onboard the other truck there were at least three ppl infront of three walls of small monitors.
The director was giving instructions to the camera operaters and cues. I could hear it was live with a delay.
I only had a short glimpse inside because the director gave me the stink eye and I moved on. I'm sure if it hadn't been so hot the doors would have been closed.
they were very tense and concentrated. unlike the regular tv crew from my clip.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: June 12, 2014 06:45

DoomandGloom
Here's last night's "Midnight Rambler" from Berlin. At 8:40 you will see something really sexy. A beautiful fräulein with 3 beers in each hand walking down the aisle. Ahhh beautiful

Germany....

Wow. That part at 9:30 is awesome. Never heard. And even longer than BXL affairs.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 12, 2014 08:56

latvianinexile
Great shots, Waterrats!

hot smileyJeroen, and yours too, Latvian !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 09:26 by corriecas.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: June 12, 2014 09:13

Did anyone like The Temperance Movement?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 12, 2014 10:27

JohnnyBGoode

Yes, me! They sound a little bit like the early Black Crowes ... good band!

Posted by: Salan ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:12

Nena ("99 Red Ballons" )

From facebook:

If one of the VIPs has deserved this photo, it is Nena. She is a huge Stones fan.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 16:19 by Salan.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:16

muenke
JohnnyBGoode

Yes, me! They sound a little bit like the early Black Crowes ... good band!

And me

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:23

it's been a good show. I was front row, ronnie side. "who turned the heat on?" really really hot. the band is very well oiled, now, and in some songs they pushed full throttle! my highlights' been GOOMC - so fresh and energetic - and OOC - a song I don't like that much but sounded great! - but the whole show was well played (who cares if keith messed up the intro of SMU or if he can't play SFTD solos like in the back old days? You had to see how much fun he had!) They reallly had great fun on stage, playing, smiling, grinning, joking ... great atmosphere on and above the stage, none left the venue without a smile on his face! and that's what rock n roll is all about, FUN FUN FUN! and We had a lot! Mick's been fantastic but what can We say more about him? keith was in a good mood, played a lot, with ups - what a roaring JJF intro! - and down but very well supported and covered by a great ronnie (and the whole band) who did a terrific job all over the show, focused and very confident. charlie? is charlie, as usual. If I just can be a little disappointed it was on MR as I think that, in a a way, taylor "ruined" the dinamics of the song with his overplayed solos but its' just my 2 cents!
see you

ciao
m.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:51

DoomandGloom
DandelionPowderman
Judging from the Berlin-videos, Keith has improved a lot on this tour already.

I like what he did on Waiting On A Friend and Rocks Off. Keith is really getting there, working like a trooper in very difficult circumstances thumbs up
I can't imagine many of you know this but Keith practices guitar often. In Jamaica where I stayed in a nearby hut he set aside 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon just to play to tapes and stay sharp on his playing. Now that he's being crippled by arthritis I doubt he gets that much guitar time. My point is despite his public image Keith has always tried to be a dedicated musician. Things like SMU happen at the beginning of the show as his hands must feel numb when he's starting out. Still I'm certain he stretches out and does what he can to prepare because that's what he would do. It's really ugly to read some of these comments.

I'm at the airport on my way home, and started to pass the time waiting for a delayed flight by reading some of the comments on this show that gave me such pleasure,, but I gave up in misery.

Thank you so much for saying this.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:05

werther2003
Irix
Funny - a Tour bus from Leipzig near the Waldbühne main entrance:

(Photo by Irix)

This is the bus from Sebastian Krüger, a german artist:
[www.sebastiankruger.com]

On Monday, June 9th there was a vernissage in Potsdam (near Berlin) with Sebastian Krüger - Rolling Stones & more - at Albert Baake Galerie.
There are also some original Ronnie Wood pictures exhibited:
[www.albert-baake.de]
[sebastian-kruger-news.blogspot.de]

This is the bus of a fan NOT from Sebastian Krueger. The artwork on it is from paintings of Sebastian, but the the bus doesn't belong to him.
See also lisence plate begins with L=Leipzig.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:15

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617Next
Current Page: 13 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home