Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17
Re: Berlin Waldbühne 10 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Date: June 11, 2014 16:00

Yeah, Taylor did some new stuff this time. Sounded great! thumbs up

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:03

Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

Doesn't anyone else think that Lisa should stop teasing Keith in the middle of the solo? It's beyond my comprehention why they allow such a clownish approach to this very dramatic song. It sounds very anticlimatic, and that's excactly the opposite of what the song should be (in my opinion, it should reach its climax in the outro, with the repetition of that strong, superb and majestic riff. Instead of that, nowadays they are often playing some pointless noodling, which is a shame. I hope in Paris we'll get a better rendition of this number. Last year in Hyde Park 1 was the highlight of the show).

completely agree. they've diminished the song with the histrionic, cartoonish way its been done recently..

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:05

DoomandGloom
SharksWillCry
Keith's DIP joints are visibly better. I noticed that in an earlier picture as well. Hopefully it is translating into his playing.
I am the one guy here saying don't give up on Keith, he will come through this as a new great guitarist. His mind is sharp and he has a few hurdles to go with his inner demons. One night it will happen, suddenly, we'll all recognize it when it does.

I'm pulling for Keith. How can I not pull for the living embodiment of Rock N Roll? But crickey, we're almost hallway through the third leg of this tour, it's not quite it's-now-or-never time but it's getting close to that.

That said, there is plenty to like about these latest batch of shows.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:07

duke richardson
Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

Doesn't anyone else think that Lisa should stop teasing Keith in the middle of the solo? It's beyond my comprehention why they allow such a clownish approach to this very dramatic song. It sounds very anticlimatic, and that's excactly the opposite of what the song should be (in my opinion, it should reach its climax in the outro, with the repetition of that strong, superb and majestic riff. Instead of that, nowadays they are often playing some pointless noodling, which is a shame. I hope in Paris we'll get a better rendition of this number. Last year in Hyde Park 1 was the highlight of the show).

completely agree. they've diminished the song with the histrionic, cartoonish way its been done recently..

A shame indeed.

Date: June 11, 2014 16:12

Judging from the Berlin-videos, Keith has improved a lot on this tour already.

I like what he did on Waiting On A Friend and Rocks Off. Keith is really getting there, working like a trooper in very difficult circumstances thumbs up

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:29

What difficult circumstances?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:02

I would love to hear "Waiting on a Friend" live.
Having seen Tim Ries in concert with his band, I'm delightedt to
know he did the solo on the tune. <going to listen>

Thanks, everyone, for your reports on the show, the venue, and the crowd.
Mick and Keith getting along so well onstage is such a great!!

(Paulywaul, thank you for confirming my choice of the one show, the
one venue, in the pit, if I was able to make it, that is.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 17:11 by angee.

Date: June 11, 2014 17:06

The set list was not too bad.

It looks as though MAYBE they are once again looking back at past set lists to try to avoid some repetition. (Unlike the rigged "Let's Spend the Night Together" in Norway.)

I would have gone with "Live With Me" or "Love is Strong" or "Bitch" or "When the Whip Comes Down" instead of "You Got Me Rocking" but,all in all,a decent effort.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:08

Bernard Fowler.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 11, 2014 17:13

Nice angle on Keith. All of a sudden he looked 20 years younger grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:17

Wuudy

yeah that was a head scratcher...maybe the lights were too bright?

Posted by: Antigeist ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:38

Hiho, since most of My pictures were already posted on here maybe some are also interested in my Videos although the sound quality is rather disappointing :/

You can find them on my YouTube channel

[m.youtube.com]

Date: June 11, 2014 17:48

Wuudy

Playing gradually better from show to show with these is nothing but heroic, imo.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:49

Wuudy
I think it's a reference to Keith's arthritis and how he is adapting. Playing through difficult (physical) circumstances.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:52

Keith was 2 steps down compared to pinkpop. He's starting to pose more and more again. All summarized in a one note solo in can't be seen: completely out of key.

It was nice they played WOAF. But that song balances on a fine line between boring and genius. It was a bit boring yesterday. Although kudos to Tim Ries: nice solo and not trying to copy Sonny Rollins. He's a fine player.

I thought yesterday gave us some of the worst renditions I have seen the last couple of years: bs, gs, sftd, smu.

Rambler & jjf were good.

I'm positive they're going to show me otherwise in Paris (and Dusseldorf and Werchter and Stockholm).

And, oh yeah, they could/should include OOC in every setlist. That song works every time. Not getting a lot of cheers when Mick announces the song, but that always changes quickly.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:58

Thanks for posting some great pics and clips of this Cool Venue in Berlin.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:15

Those clips of "Out Of Control" are really great. Funny to watch Mick playing his harmonica upside down (and immediately turn it the right way). The interaction with Keith on the last solo was really great, quite similar to what they used to do in the Bridges To Babylon Tour.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:22

It was a good show at a great venue ... I had tickets for A2 but they let me (for sure everyone else, too) move around everywhere, didn´t spend a minute standing at A2 ... this was something special, seeing the Stones very close and from different angles!

This, the great sound and very good versions of Rambler, JJF and Waiting on a friend have been the Highlights for me ... But please drop SFTD or at least the solo ...

And, OK, I really hoped they will take this gig as a "club-show", setlist-wise, I think I´m not alone, even BV had some dreams about CYHMK ... smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:25

DandelionPowderman
Wuudy

Playing gradually better from show to show with these is nothing but heroic, imo.

Yikes...indeed

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:26

Thanks. This kind of reviews are rarely quoted and commented here (stange, you attended the concert, no youtube comments)...

BowieStone
Keith was 2 steps down compared to pinkpop. He's starting to pose more and more again. All summarized in a one note solo in can't be seen: completely out of key.

It was nice they played WOAF. But that song balances on a fine line between boring and genius. It was a bit boring yesterday. Although kudos to Tim Ries: nice solo and not trying to copy Sonny Rollins. He's a fine player.

I thought yesterday gave us some of the worst renditions I have seen the last couple of years: bs, gs, sftd, smu.

Rambler & jjf were good.

I'm positive they're going to show me otherwise in Paris (and Dusseldorf and Werchter and Stockholm).

And, oh yeah, they could/should include OOC in every setlist. That song works every time. Not getting a lot of cheers when Mick announces the song, but that always changes quickly.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 18:27 by powerage78.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:43

BowieStone
schwonek

- Steve Tyler from Aerosmith walking by

I saw from great distance a man with a hat, dressed in white, acting like a celeb. Was it him?

That man in white might have been Thomas Gottschalk, German TV celebrity. I saw a picture of him all in white at the concert somewhere but am too lazy to dig it up now.

Date: June 11, 2014 18:45

duke richardson
Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

The nitpicking that goes on around here is hilarious! I am doubled over in painful laughter! smiling smiley

Date: June 11, 2014 18:46

Yes. That must be him.

He's the Wetten dass guy, no?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:50

andrewt
Cristiano Radtke
I'm not sure, but it seems Joe Perry and Steven Tyler are attending this concert with Scorpions.

[twitter.com]

And J Mascis as well! How cool. Boston in the house.

The 'Smith guys look particularly damaged...

Drugs : not an option! >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 18:50 by dcba.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:57

RoyalPurpleStones
duke richardson
Wild Slivovitz
maumau
GS

The nitpicking that goes on around here is hilarious! I am doubled over in painful laughter! smiling smiley

Nice to hear you're having fun smiling smiley !

Date: June 11, 2014 18:59

powerage78
Thanks. This kind of reviews are rarely quoted and commented here (stange, you attended the concert, no youtube comments)...

BowieStone

Rambler & jjf were good.

The CBS-soloS were not out of key.

Date: June 11, 2014 19:16

DandelionPowderman
powerage78

BowieStone

Rambler & jjf were good.

He played one note somewhere in between a verse. He shouldn't have done that. And he doesn't play too much guitar on his solo songs anyway. He uses it more like a prop.
The solo itself was not out if key, but pretty worthless.
All his solos are based around the triplet: I'm not too sure I'm saying this correct in English but it's always the same thing.

Posted by: Antigeist ()
Date: June 11, 2014 19:47

[plus.google.com]

Some more Photos smiling smiley

Date: June 11, 2014 19:49

BowieStone
DandelionPowderman
powerage78

BowieStone

Rambler & jjf were good.

He played one note somewhere in between a verse. He shouldn't have done that. And he doesn't play too much guitar on his solo songs anyway. He uses it more like a prop.
The solo itself was not out if key, but pretty worthless.
All his solos are based around the triplet: I'm not too sure I'm saying this correct in English but it's always the same thing.

These particular solos contain more. Both melodic licks that follow the chord sequences as well as both major and minor pentatonic licks. This is not a good example of bashing Keith's four note solos.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 11, 2014 20:05

DandelionPowderman
Judging from the Berlin-videos, Keith has improved a lot on this tour already.

I like what he did on Waiting On A Friend and Rocks Off. Keith is really getting there, working like a trooper in very difficult circumstances thumbs up
I can't imagine many of you know this but Keith practices guitar often. In Jamaica where I stayed in a nearby hut he set aside 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon just to play to tapes and stay sharp on his playing. Now that he's being crippled by arthritis I doubt he gets that much guitar time. My point is despite his public image Keith has always tried to be a dedicated musician. Things like SMU happen at the beginning of the show as his hands must feel numb when he's starting out. Still I'm certain he stretches out and does what he can to prepare because that's what he would do. It's really ugly to read some of these comments.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 17

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home