Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 106
Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! tour
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:04

Have a great time andreea66.

Let's hope Pete is in a good mood as he was in Hyde Park last weekend.
The band come over as a much better show if Pete is a Happy Jack.
Anyone remember that one? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:10

Have a great concert, andrea66! A friend of mine is there too and just sent me this pic. I wish I was there.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:12

Thanks Cristiano. I love this band !

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:03

The Who's COMPLETE Glastonbury concert video just came up on DIME!!!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Who
Pyramid Stage
Glastonbury Festival
Worthy Farm
Pilton
Somerset
UK

Sunday 28 June 2015

Lineage: HD Satellite Feed provided by SISLive > 11104 V 5000 @ Eutelsat 12 West A (12.5w) > TBS6983 > DVBDream v2.4b > .ts

then to make DVD compatible

.ts > ConvertX to DVD5 > TMPG > DVD

DVD One
Who Are You
The Seeker
The Kids Are Alright
I Can See for Miles
My Generation
Pictures of Lily
Behind Blue Eyes
Bargain
Join Together
You Better You Bet

DVD TWO
Love, Reign O'er Me
Eminence Front
Amazing Journey
Sparks
Pinball Wizard
See Me, Feel Me
Baba O'Riley
Band Intros
Won't Get Fooled Again
Thank You So Much

Video
PAL:720 x 576 - Widescreen 16:9 - 25fps - Around 9000kbps

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:24

I'm concerned to note that they're down to 19 songs a night from an initial 22. Substitute, a song I love was dropped in April, and Can't Explain , for my money, a blistering show opener has not been played since the excellent Hyde Park show. For the last 3, Who are you has been moved to the opening slot. Roger is clearly having to manage his voice. Pete's moods seem to be variable too - he was very genial and humorous at the O2 in March, still ok in Hyde Park and pretty miserable at Glastonbury...

Date: July 3, 2015 10:05

Just found this pic on Who website along with this article.
Can see myself and zgubi with her arm on the rail chatting.
Also paulywaul in his prime spot. Beast was off having a pint with the nice girl from France who was there.
BluzDude and Chris Egan are there somewhere as well.
Where are you Gregor ? I can't see you on the right, but know you are there somewhere up front. winking smiley

The Who

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 10:09 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: July 3, 2015 12:46

I was at the show in the Ziggo Dome Amsterdam spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 3, 2015 14:34

crawdaddy
Also paulywaul in his prime spot. Beast was off having a pint with the nice girl from France who was there.
Where are you Gregor ? I can't see you on the right, but know you are there somewhere up front. winking smiley

The Who

"I saw yer!" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Great pic, btw, and it must have been a great concert for all of you. smileys with beer

Date: July 3, 2015 14:41

Cheers Cristiano.

Yes ! It was a great day of music, with Johnny Marr, Paul Weller and Kaiser Chiefs as great support acts.

Love that video of Happy Jack by The Who.

Bet they haven't played that for a long time. smileys with beer

Date: July 3, 2015 14:48

crawdaddy

The Who

Tony, that is one brilliant photo and an excellent souvenir of a great day. I recognise all the people who stood around me. I'm in the photo but my friend - in the blue polo shirt and glasses and looking towards your section, is doing a kind of solar eclipse on me. I can just see myself jutting out from behind him. His 16yo son is not visible and he lay on the floor for much of the day. I reckon that photo was taken around 6-7pm ish. I did notice you in earnest conversation with Zgubi winking smiley

Galling to see so many security staff when they failed to respond to some unpleasant incidents in GA despite being called upon to do so by lots of people.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:53

The Who in Ziggo Amsterdam with Zak Starkey on drums, what a great concert it was, it was a good crowd and Pete and Roger were having a good time as well. Nice to see a lot of the younger generarations from different countries, one of the much younger generation lady next to me knew all the songs, I've been dancing 110 minutes within 20 metres from the stage. The Kids Are Allright - The Kids Are Allright - I'm on my way to the next Kraftwerk Tour De France in Utrecht.

Date: July 3, 2015 16:06

Great to here you enjoyed it runaway. Pete was obviously in a good mood yesterday. He can change like the weather I guess.

I guessed that was you Gregor, behind the guy in blue shirt. Could just see your hair but I thought, that's Gregor .

The security guy near us looks a bit Nerdy, but he was very good with water and keeping his eyes open in our area. Very civilized and friendly with no pushing or shoving at all. There was just one guy who was O.K. but was drunk on red wine I think it was. Always had a bottle or two with him. It was wondering if he was going to throw up nearby that some of us were concerned about. He got near rail while walking about and security guy asked him if he was O.K. He had moved off a bit later. smiling smiley

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 20:30

It was a good concert. I am a big fan of roger, i have a lot of respect for him. He is clever enough to understand that he needs a little help in some delicate moments of the concert. Ziggo Dome is a great place, you can perfectly hear. It was not totally full unfortunally, i was surprised about that. The crowd was ok but not very hot, maybe i am more used to southern crowds. Anyway, i saw them 4 times, i had the feeling that yesterday it was the last time, and i have been very happy to see them at the ziggodome.

Date: July 5, 2015 00:56

crawdaddy
Great to here you enjoyed it runaway. Pete was obviously in a good mood yesterday. He can change like the weather I guess.

I guessed that was you Gregor, behind the guy in blue shirt. Could just see your hair but I thought, that's Gregor .

The security guy near us looks a bit Nerdy, but he was very good with water and keeping his eyes open in our area. Very civilized and friendly with no pushing or shoving at all. There was just one guy who was O.K. but was drunk on red wine I think it was. Always had a bottle or two with him. It was wondering if he was going to throw up nearby that some of us were concerned about. He got near rail while walking about and security guy asked him if he was O.K. He had moved off a bit later. smiling smiley

Security, in fairness were very good indeed at handing out water in my section too Tony. There was some real bother just along from me during Baba O'Reilly and this time they finally did wade into the crowd to sort it.

The guy in the blue shirt is one of my old Uni mates from 30 years ago and I've already sent this on to him. He's chuffed to bits with it, even though only he is really visible of our party of 3! Well,with my sleeve and hair just creeping out and no more winking smiley

Date: July 5, 2015 02:56

Mr.D
The Who's COMPLETE Glastonbury concert video just came up on DIME!!!

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Thanks a lot, Mr. D! smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 10, 2015 17:52

No wonder Pete looked so peed off during their below-par Glastonbury performance.

So the karma hit back after they cancelled those two Paris shows in favour of Glastonbury winking smiley

[www.theguardian.com]

The Who say they were sabotaged at Glastonbury

Pete Townshend says show – which was as a last-minute replacement for Prince – was one of their very worst

The Who have claimed that they were “sabotaged” at Glastonbury last month, and that they were last-minute replacements as Sunday night headliners for Prince, “who decided not to come this year”.

The band make the claims in a posting on their website, believed to have been written by a trusted member of their crew. The blog says the Who had loaded in their equipment in the early hours of Sunday morning, but as their crew prepared the changeover after Paul Weller’s set finished, “we found someone had sabotaged the carefully tested audio connections for much of our gear. We’ve never seen that before, but we’re good at plugging things in, so all damage was repaired in time. Was it Mr Weller or Lionel, no way. Dalai Lama – hmmm … he did steal the show already.”

The posting highlighted some of the problems faced by bands playing festivals: “There’s a famous saying ‘A festival is nobody’s best show!’ – which basically means that no one gets to use their own lighting rig, sound system, no sound checks, many things different to normal touring operation. Our lighting guys have to programme a whole show with different lights than usual, run the rig from the stage … They had to think “out of the box” and make a new set just for our one show here – and try to be different than everyone else while supporting the music tastefully.”

It also addressed some of the problems faced specifically by the Who, noting that “within a few songs, we knew something was wrong. The band were playing more than a little loose … Pete [Townshend] was growing angry right away.” The Who apparently suffered from echoes that affected their timing and synchronisation, with Townshend feeling “it was one of the very worst [shows] the band had ever played”.

Nevertheless, the Who hailed “one of the most fervent audiences we’ve ever had”, and contrasted the crowd to that at their headline show in Hyde Park a few days earlier: “This crowd of twenty- to thirtysomethings was not waiting to be entertained; they were part OF the entertainment.”

OT: $10 Buys A Chance To Attend Private-Residence Who Concert
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:25

OT-Just got a Groupon notice for the WHO
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:49

$54.45 a ticket. These is some sad times.

Re: OT-Just got a Groupon notice for the WHO
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 3, 2015 18:53

No. This is how much the tickets should be. Not just for the Who, but for everyone.

Date: August 3, 2015 18:57

Well I'm not quibbling about the ticket price of course. Just the fact that the WHO has to resort to dumping tickets on Groupon.

Let's see, I'll take a car wash and wax, paddle boat trip for two, lunch at the Thai Restaurant and 2 Who tickets.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 3, 2015 19:45

that's a Whopon.

Date: August 3, 2015 20:17

Natlanta
that's a Whopon.

nice

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:33

I saw that advertisement for Honda Center show in Anaheim. I am not sure I see that big an advantage. $49.50 is the regular face price for those seats (Sections 401-406 are the upper tier, farthest from the stage). But, as far as I can tell, you do save the Ticketmaster fees, which makes sense, since they aren't being sold on Ticketmaster.

It's definitely still a good deal if you can see Joan Jett and the Who for $50.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 3, 2015 20:43

A Twopon? No strings attached?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 3, 2015 22:27

Beast
...with Townshend feeling “it was one of the very worst [shows] the band had ever played”.

Oh Pete, how can you do this to me. Listened to the 100min Glastonbury-concert last week and thought it was very good.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 3, 2015 23:59

Just thought I'd mention that Roger came to our local film festival on Saturday and did a short Q+A at the place I work. Managed to see all of the session and a huge thanks to Roger for taking time out of his busy schedule to come up North smiling smiley

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: August 4, 2015 00:08

Get over it with the encore bit everybody. If they put on a fantastic show - like they did at Forest Hills, who cares. (Oh, get it? Who cares. HA HA)

Date: August 26, 2015 22:10

Great news for those who attended the Hyde Park concert.

[thewhofilm.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 26, 2015 23:32

Cristiano Radtke
Great news for those who attended the Hyde Park concert.

[thewhofilm.com]

....Why would I want to see this? I was there!

....just kidding, sounds great!smiling smiley

Date: August 26, 2015 23:39

I was there as well as so many Rolling Stones fans as well. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home