Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 106
Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! tour
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 2, 2016 19:03

Check out this guy. Why was he even at a Who Concert?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 2, 2016 22:13

You can pick-up some great seats on ticketmaster under the "platinum ticket"
category. Prices are reasonable for where they are. I grabbed two seats for
the Chicago show in the second row on Pete's side. Already have good seats
for the Milwaukee show but some great seats on the ticketmaster site also.
These good seats for Chicago have only recently appeared and don't seem to
last long.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 2, 2016 23:37

RockinJive

Wow! What a waste of a ticket.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 3, 2016 01:24

Slightly off topic... I just got the Who Hits 50 2-CD compilation and it's possibly the best compilation of the many Who compilations. For one it sounds great, ie a good balance between modern mastering and preserving the original sound. Then track selection is really well made, with hits alterning with a couple of rarities (Zoot Suit, Dogs, Postcard...) - just flowing perfectly. Also I wasn't too familiar with the latest Who output but the 3 last tracks (Real Good-Looking Boy, It's Not Enough & Be Lucky) sound pretty good to me.
On the (relatively) negative side, I could have done without the edits (Won't Get Fooled Again reduced to 3:40min??) and the booklet seems to have been stripped down to the minimum.
It makes me wish the Stones would have gone this way for their own 50 years compilation, GRRR (How about a couple of rarely compiled tracks instead of the obvious "hits" tracks).

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 01:34

In the last two weeks I went to Black Sabbath and The Who. At Black Sabbath there were two @#$%& in front of me with their phones out the entire time. The one in front of me I tapped on his shoulder and motioned for him to lower his phone. He did for a bit, then right back at it. I tappped again and he look irritated, but I could care less. I am 6' 3 and my buddy I was with is an ex-ranger... but I too old to fight at concerts and wouldn't want to be kicked out. So I put up with his narcissism. His buddy was doing what that guy in the video above was doing, spent most the show sitting on facebook!

At the Who it was much better. Not near as many people on phones. I took a few pics, but for the most part the crowd was totally engrossed. I just don't get people who go to shows and spend most the time on their phone... like they are trying to create a status symbol. Mostly hipsters for sure!

Date: March 3, 2016 01:38

kowalski
Slightly off topic... I just got the Who Hits 50 2-CD compilation and it's possibly the best compilation of the many Who compilations. For one it sounds great, ie a good balance between modern mastering and preserving the original sound. Then track selection is really well made, with hits alterning with a couple of rarities (Zoot Suit, Dogs, Postcard...) - just flowing perfectly. Also I wasn't too familiar with the latest Who output but the 3 last tracks (Real Good-Looking Boy, It's Not Enough & Be Lucky) sound pretty good to me.
On the (relatively) negative side, I could have done without the edits (Won't Get Fooled Again reduced to 3:40min??) and the booklet seems to have been stripped down to the minimum.
It makes me wish the Stones would have gone this way for their own 50 years compilation, GRRR (How about a couple of rarely compiled tracks instead of the obvious "hits" tracks).
I really want to get this on vinyl, however, it is missing a lot of stuff off the CD! They really should have released it as a 3lp! What a shame. I have all their other official albums on vinyl, and love Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy. Fantastic greatest hits collection. A shame, I would like to get The Who Hits 50 on vinyl.

Date: March 3, 2016 02:06

whitem8
kowalski
I really want to get this on vinyl, however, it is missing a lot of stuff off the CD! They really should have released it as a 3lp! What a shame. I have all their other official albums on vinyl, and love Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy. Fantastic greatest hits collection. A shame, I would like to get The Who Hits 50 on vinyl.

The vinyl has the same track selection has the single-CD compilation, ie 21 tracks. What is essentially missing are the tracks from the Face Dances and It's Hard.

Date: March 3, 2016 02:57

Well I am referring to the two CD set, and the vinyl compared to that is missing Postcard, Dogs, Love Reign O're Me, Call Me Lightning, I'm Free, Let's See Action, Summertime Blues, See Me Feel Me, Relay, Trick of the Light, most the stuff from It's Hard and from Face Dances and It's Not Enough. That is quite a bit and like I said they really should have done a triple album! It would have been so much better.

Date: March 3, 2016 03:16

Side by side, I find the vinyl track list quite good even it's missing a lot of tracks from the 2-CD version.
Artwork looks great too : [www.discogs.com]

Date: March 3, 2016 18:54

Well I think it was a missed opportunity, especially leaving off Relay and Let's See Action. But I think I will get it anyways! There is a gatefold 200 gram collectors version out that looks nice.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 3, 2016 18:56

RockinJive

[www.youtube.com]

Holy crap. That's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-03 18:56 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: March 4, 2016 07:18

Saw the show at MSG... Absolutely amazing. They are truly at the top of their game. The whole show was masterful, but "Love Reign O'er Me" was the pinnacle. Roger's voice sounds incredible, and Pete as always is a guitar god. See The Who if they come to your city!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: March 4, 2016 14:00

More Hot Rocks
RockinJive

Wow! What a waste of a ticket.

Well maybe this guy wasn´t interested in the show and only there to take care of his old man. smiling smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 5, 2016 15:38

Daltry managed to get "who the f*ck are you" on Fallon twice. I'm on the west coast & surprised the censors didn't whack that. The morality police will be outraged. Overall, pretty good performance. Fallon was obnoxious, as usual.

Date: March 5, 2016 17:51

crholmstrom
Daltry managed to get "who the f*ck are you" on Fallon twice. I'm on the west coast & surprised the censors didn't whack that. The morality police will be outraged. Overall, pretty good performance. Fallon was obnoxious, as usual.

it got through on the east cost too. I thought The Who were great. I just saw them in Toronto. They kicked butt.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 6, 2016 01:14

I have noticed the network sensors usually let a questionable song lyric go through with out a bleep. Maybe this is treated differently than spoken words?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2016 17:28

crholmstrom

I'm not sure it wasn't bleeped. It's pretty unintelligible...I listened to it a couple times and if you didn't know it was coming you definitely would have missed it.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 6, 2016 17:44

RockinJive

WOW that's rude.........

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 7, 2016 12:43

treaclefingers
crholmstrom

I'm not sure it wasn't bleeped. It's pretty unintelligible...I listened to it a couple times and if you didn't know it was coming you definitely would have missed it.

I wasn't listening for it but was surprised when I heard it, especially the second time. Not a big deal to me personally but thought noteworthy as an example of how standards have changed. Looking forward to seeing the Who in 2 months.

Date: March 7, 2016 16:26

Great performance on the Tonight Show! WOW! Daltry is doing fantastic! Pete is still just on fire with his guitar playing. Very tight version. I think they didn't bleep it out, but make it lower in the mix, was hard to hear but your mind filled in the blanks.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 7, 2016 20:37

Has anyone bought the DVD of Hyde Park show last year?
Anyone who may know me or Andreea /zgubi may recognise us in the booklet with the DVD.
On the page opposite pic of Roger Daltrey.
Only just got the DVD so haven't even played it yet. winking smiley

Date: March 7, 2016 21:28

crawdaddy
Has anyone bought the DVD of Hyde Park show last year?
Anyone who may know me or Andreea /zgubi may recognise us in the booklet with the DVD.
On the page opposite pic of Roger Daltrey.
Only just got the DVD so haven't even played it yet. winking smiley

i have the 2 cd and blue ray combo. There is no pic opposite Roger. Must be a different booklet.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 8, 2016 15:32

Yes! This is the ordinary DVD I got from Amazon for about £10.
No access to a player yet so still haven't seen it.
I'm sure it's gonna sound and look great. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 8, 2016 15:53

Great show

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-08 16:48 by jambay.

Posted by: barbequebob ()
Date: March 8, 2016 16:05

Saw them last night in Boston.

Great show although I did miss "I can't explain". Roger's voice was pretty solid and Pete very animated.

Did not enjoy opening act, Tal Wilkenfeld. She may be a great bass player, but she should not be allowed to choose the material being performed. Kind of like Rod Stewart,great voice but lost musically without Ron Wood.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 20:40

They dropped "Substitute" last April and "I can't explain" was last played at Hyde Park, which is a pity as I love both songs. I wonder why? Perhaps they strain Roger's voice too much ? Nonetheless, his voice IS sounding better Imho. I saw them at Wembley Arena, London last month and they were rocking. Pete's banter was excellent. Both are local to that part of London and so were Keith and John. Love this band. Long may they carry on.

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: March 11, 2016 23:29

Saw the who in Chicago last night. Daltrey nailed the scream in WGFA. This band needs to open the vaults like the Stones and release anything and everything.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 12, 2016 00:33

straycatdevil
Saw the who in Chicago last night. Daltrey nailed the scream in WGFA. This band needs to open the vaults like the Stones and release anything and everything.

I don't think he does the scream himself and hasn't done for several years. I believe one of his backing band does it. Understandable and, given that he's 72, pretty sensible really.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2016 04:07

grzegorz67
straycatdevil

I don't think he does the scream himself and hasn't done for several years. I believe one of his backing band does it. Understandable and, given that he's 72, pretty sensible really.

I read somewhere probably recorded.

Date: March 12, 2016 05:05

No way was it recorded, nor does someone else do it. At least from the show I saw close in Detroit. IN fact Won't Get Fooled Again was a mess in Detroit. Both Roger and Pete made major blunders, but that aside, it was a great energetic performance with the full on scream.

Additionally, Roger nailed the long sustain in Love Reign O're Me. You could see the last few songs there were a few instances Roger coughed and spit to the side. I mean the guy was full on singing like classic Roger for 2 pluse hours, and if he was using tapes then why the coughing and spitting? No way. And as I said I was close enough to see. In Detroit it was all Roger!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1568
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home