Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 106
Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 13, 2015 09:09

Cristiano Radtke
The Who: Live in Hyde Park (Deluxe Book+DVD+Blu-ray+2CD) will be released on November 20 and can be preordered on Amazon.

[www.amazon.co.uk]
Since I was there, I will have to pick it upcool smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 13, 2015 09:29

Saw this in the cinema, and the whole experience was ruined because of a crap sound system and insufficient volume. So I will definitely be getting the DVD and playing it LOUD at home !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 13, 2015 10:11

Definitely will be getting this one as I was there, right up front on the day, with the usual suspects. winking smiley

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: October 13, 2015 15:13

My only disappointment with this set as well as Glastonbury is that they didn't play A Quick One, it was amazing when I saw it in Miami in April but they never played it at the three shows(New Orleans, Hyde Park & Glastonbury) that we have proshot footage from.

Date: October 13, 2015 19:09

Bummer, looks like this is only a UK release.

Is Blu-ray universal, or will a European version not work in the States?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 13, 2015 19:13

BluzDude
Bummer, looks like this is only a UK release.

Is Blu-ray universal, or will a European version not work in the States?

It's on Amazon.com too: [www.amazon.com]

Date: October 13, 2015 19:19

Thanks!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: October 13, 2015 22:50

Maybe the U.S. version has not been announced yet? With the U.S. tour starting in the spring there would certainly be demand for it.

Date: October 14, 2015 16:48

A heads up for anyone in London next February - a possible show at the Wembley Arena on 13th February, not confirmed yet but a distinct possibility. You heard it here first!

Date: October 14, 2015 17:23

Well that would be good as a warmup two weeks before start of North America Tour. They got time to fit a couple more gigs in after Wembley Arena. They don't want the rust to set in. winking smiley

I might have a prior engagement cos there's another British band playing in South America at that time. Hoping I can get over there. smileys with beer

Re: OT: The Who Hits 50! touran
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:28

crawdaddy
Well that would be good as a warmup two weeks before start of North America Tour. They got time to fit a couple more gigs in after Wembley Arena. They don't want the rust to set in. winking smiley

I might have a prior engagement cos there's another British band playing in South America at that time. Hoping I can get over there. smileys with beer

And another all London band at that! Looking forward to this DVD.

Date: October 14, 2015 22:33

Yes ! Definitely Gregor. smileys with beer

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:48

Any word on how Roger is getting on, nothing in the press about his condition.
Hope he is on the mend

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 14, 2015 22:54

keefriffhards
Hope he is on the mend

"I'd like to say a big thank you to all you Who fans for your kind wishes following my recent bout of viral meningitis. The good news is that I'm now out of hospital and on the mend, although it's going to be a slow process but – I WILL be back! Both me and Pete are looking forward to seeing you all at the rescheduled shows in the new year. Be happy, be healthy, be lucky!"
ROGER DALTREY, 12 October 2015

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 14, 2015 23:09

Cristiano Radtke
keefriffhards
Hope he is on the mend

"I'd like to say a big thank you to all you Who fans for your kind wishes following my recent bout of viral meningitis. The good news is that I'm now out of hospital and on the mend, although it's going to be a slow process but – I WILL be back! Both me and Pete are looking forward to seeing you all at the rescheduled shows in the new year. Be happy, be healthy, be lucky!"
ROGER DALTREY, 12 October 2015

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks Cristiano great news, not many of these guys left performing now, they are precious

Date: October 14, 2015 23:52

thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 15, 2015 09:55

In my opinion the Who's music has not aged well. I was a big fan in the 70s and 80s and now I can't really listen to them.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2015 09:59

Not as bad a Zepplin ... man has that stuff aged badly ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2015 11:13

Well I for one am looking forward to my next Who gig and the Hyde Park DVD , cos I was there and it was great. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: October 15, 2015 22:41

A one off gig at Wembley Arena in mid Feb would be an excellent pick me up in the middle of the long yucky British Winter smileys with beer

Posted by: chop ()
Date: October 15, 2015 22:44

eh, I'd say it has aged well. They do have a fairly diverse catalog

The one band whose music has aged terribly (and they've been in the public eye since "only" 1980) is U2.

Billy Joel too. His music does not age well.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 16, 2015 04:30

chop
eh, I'd say it has aged well. They do have a fairly diverse catalog

The one band whose music has aged terribly (and they've been in the public eye since "only" 1980) is U2.

Billy Joel too. His music does not age well.

it's possible i was so turned off by the whole "who's last" debacle that i'm not giving them a chance they deserve.

Date: November 9, 2015 18:14

Manofwealthandtaste
A heads up for anyone in London next February - a possible show at the Wembley Arena on 13th February, not confirmed yet but a distinct possibility. You heard it here first!

Well you were dead right there. winking smiley

THE WHO HITS WEMBLEY!
SSE presents THE WHO, one of rock’s legendary and defining bands, as they return to London for a one off show at The SSE Arena, Wembley on 13 February 2016.

The band have released a career-spanning set, THE WHO HITS 50! and are undertaking a huge world tour, which has garnered rave reviews. This will be the band’s first UK show since Roger Daltrey’s illness forced the band to postpone their US tour. He’s said of the show "Who'd have thought that fifty years on from first playing at Wembley Arena with The Beatles and many of the top groups of that time, The Who would once again play at this legendary venue. It's great to be feeling much better after my illness. I'll be fighting fit by then and I can't wait to get back to work."

It will be The Who’s first UK gig since their triumphant sold out show in Hyde Park and headlining the Glastonbury Festival to huge critical acclaim;

Glastonbury Festival
• Proof that rock star status is earned, not claimed ~ The Times
• The Who earned themselves a place in the pantheon of Glastonbury greats ~ Daily Telegraph
• Sparky, belligerent and packed with hits ~ The Guardian
• That’s the way to end a festival ***** ~ Daily Telegraph

Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time Hyde Park
• A blistering barrage, genuinely moving ~ The Independent
• Meet the new Who, same as the great, old Who ~ Daily Telegraph

At The SSE Arena, Wembley the band will take the audience on an Amazing Journey through their entire career from the days of THE HIGH NUMBERS to classic albums such as WHO’S NEXT, TOMMY, QUADROPHENIA, MY GENERATION, WHO ARE YOU up to the present day.

TICKETS ARE ON GENERAL SALE 9am, 20 NOVEMBER FROM www.AXS.com

SSE is offering its customers access to pre-sale tickets from 12 November, with an exclusive 25% off discount when purchased via www.ssereward.com. SSE customers will also have access to additional benefits, including the chance to win a meet-and-greet with the band and attend the soundcheck.

EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE TICKETS & MONEY-CAN’T-BUY EXPERIENCES

ON SALE 9am, 12 November 2015 www.ssereward.com

WHO FAN CLUB MEMBERS!
PRE-SALE STARTS 9am, 12 November 2015 www.thewho.com

OT - The Who
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: November 9, 2015 17:52

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

The Who are going to be doing a one-off show at Wembley Arena (SSE Arena) on 13 February.

I've much, much rather go to South America to see the stones (and I'd also love to see South America) - but at least this is some consolation for those of us unable to make it to SA.

This time I'm determined to go! (unlike the Hyde Park show this summer, which I missed).

Re: OT - The Who
Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: November 9, 2015 19:45

Ppppeople try to put us down

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 9, 2015 20:20

reg thorpe

Hope I die before I get old...errr...too late!eye popping smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 9, 2015 20:23

Which makes me think of Ian Gillan's stage shirt recently. It says "too old to die young". He's always had a funny and great way of seeing thingssmiling smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: November 9, 2015 20:36

crholmstrom
reg thorpe

Hope I die before I get old...errr...too late!eye popping smiley

smiling smiley

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 21, 2015 15:08

Got the Live in Hyde Park blu-ray yesterday. It's top knotch. The performance is outstanding & the filming is fine. Not too many annoying shots of the crowd (my complaint about Sweet Summer Sun). A few interviews thrown in that aren't too intrusive. One unexpected pleasure is how much Zak Starkey shines on this. He is a fine drummer & carries the spirit of Keith Moon well. No "A Quick One" but I'll take "Bargain" over that any day. "Eminence Front" has aged real well, too. Looking forward to seeing them in May!smoking smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 21, 2015 16:05

Rockman
Not as bad a Zepplin ... man has that stuff aged badly ....

With all the controversy over plagiarism aside, I totally disagree that they haven't aged well. Actually, I think they sound better now then I did in the 70s! I love cranking out their stuff loud. Some great stuff. Physical Graffiti is still an incredible piece of work. Their Exile.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home