Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2014 01:32

Rockman

THE AGE EG --- 3 OCTOBER 2014

I hope they play Highway To Hell track for track on night one (and High Voltage!)

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 5, 2014 13:48

[www.highwaytoacdc.com]

Phil Rudd wasn't in London yesterday for "Rock or Bust" video shoot, he wasn't there too Friday for "Play Ball" video shoot...

Bob Richards was the drummer. Brian Johnson said that Phil Rudd was absent because of family emergencies.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-05 16:14 by powerage78.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 6, 2014 04:55

crholmstrom
I don't think I'm very down with the band continuing without Malcom. He was the heart of that band. Maybe calling it a day might've been better. I mean, does anyone really want to see Angus running around in a schoolboy uniform at this point? Seems to be sad & ludicrous. They were a great band. Think I would rather not sully the memories.

SAID A ROLLING STONES FAN.

That's pathetic. Why on EARTH would you give a shit about that at this point?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 6, 2014 07:41

I'm still amazed by people that want other people to stop what they're doing. Isn't that the same as change the channel if you don't like what's on TV. Also, I thought Rock And Roll was all about pushing the envelope. That means rock until you drop in my book. Unless of course you have a change of heart. Then it's understood.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: October 6, 2014 09:20

frankotero
I'm still amazed by people that want other people to stop what they're doing. Isn't that the same as change the channel if you don't like what's on TV. Also, I thought Rock And Roll was all about pushing the envelope. That means rock until you drop in my book. Unless of course you have a change of heart. Then it's understood.

Same argument could be applied for those who want other people to continue what thery're doing. In the end it's the artists' decision, and some fans like it, and some others don't.

Both perspectives should be equally respected, none is better than the other. Just two sides of the love for a band.

Date: October 6, 2014 11:02

Yes, you're right Torres. There's always 2 sides of the story. I'm on the "keep rocking" side.winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 6, 2014 11:19

crholmstrom
I mean, does anyone really want to see Angus running around in a schoolboy uniform at this point? Seems to be sad & ludicrous. They were a great band. Think I would rather not sully the memories.

You have a point but when I see whta younger groups do*** I'd much prefer see old cats (Stones ACDC) go on till they drop.

*** = like being totally UN-rock, making lame radio-friendly pop laden with synths, recycling the cold-wave sound of the 80's for ppl who weren't born
then... In modern music testerone and sweat seem to have become taboo. eye rolling smiley

Date: October 6, 2014 12:01

AC/DC star Malcolm Young one of the greatest, says Slash

“There is no one like him,” said Slash, 49. “Put it this way, Keith Richards loves him and Keith Richards hates everything. I can’t think of too many bands from the late 70s and 80s who can boast a guitar player with his unique style, chord variations, but playing within the confines of a 12-bar blues formula. thumbs up

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 6, 2014 13:47

powerage78
AC/DC star Malcolm Young one of the greatest, says Slash

“There is no one like him,” said Slash, 49. “Put it this way, Keith Richards loves him and Keith Richards hates everything. I can’t think of too many bands from the late 70s and 80s who can boast a guitar player with his unique style, chord variations, but playing within the confines of a 12-bar blues formula. thumbs up

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

Agree. Think my main point is being missed. I luv AC/DC & got into them when they were being booed for being "punk rock" in the states. Saw them with Bon twice. For me, as I got older, it became obvious that Malcom was the driving force musically. I'm going to get in trouble here but I just hate seeing some of my fave bands kind of lose it musically & turn into a parody. To a certain extent, that would include a band that most people here really really like. At least AC/DC are putting out new material. We'll see how it is. As far as the show goes, I think if Angus came out without the schoolboy schtick & just played people would be good with it. He is a fine guitar player.

Date: October 6, 2014 14:16

crholmstrom
I just hate seeing some of my fave bands kind of lose it musically & turn into a parody

Hmm, who could that be, ha-ha. I totally agree with this comment. But anything is better than nothing. I apply this same theory to the continuation of AC/DC, though not a real big fan of them. This makes it easy for me to accept them without Malcom. Though his presence is important I don't believe it's impossible to carry on without him. That's the way I see it.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 6, 2014 16:35

crholmstrom

as I got older, it became obvious that Malcom was the driving force musically.

"I bring the quantity, he brings the quality" - Angus about his bro. thumbs up

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 7, 2014 07:10

Here's their new single:

EDIT: The video says "Play Ball" but it's actually Rock Or Bust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-07 07:42 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: October 7, 2014 10:11

Cristiano Radtke
Here's their new single:

EDIT: The video says "Play Ball" but it's actually Rock Or Bust.

"This video is private" sad smiley

Date: October 7, 2014 15:47

Here is "Let's Play Ball".

The drive is still there, but this is not AC/DC at their best, imo...

If Stevie is playing the guitar in the right channel, he's pretty good. Could be a double track by Angus, though.

Date: October 7, 2014 16:10

DandelionPowderman

"This video is private" sad smiley

Last night their new song (Play Ball) was streamed by two radio stations from Canada and Australia, and soon after the broadcast the official AC/DC YouTube account made available Rock or Bust by mistake, so that's why the video I've posted is now private. smiling smiley

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 7, 2014 16:36

frankotero
crholmstrom
I just hate seeing some of my fave bands kind of lose it musically & turn into a parody

Hmm, who could that be, ha-ha. I totally agree with this comment. But anything is better than nothing. I apply this same theory to the continuation of AC/DC, though not a real big fan of them. This makes it easy for me to accept them without Malcom. Though his presence is important I don't believe it's impossible to carry on without him. That's the way I see it.

Having a member of the Young family fill in for Malcolm probably also makes it easier for the hardcore fans to accept. Can imagine there would be some unseemly forum cat-fights if an outsider was brought in.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: October 7, 2014 16:40

Saw them twice on the last tour.. Unlike another band I could mention, they've still got it.

Date: October 7, 2014 16:50

vertigojoe
Saw them twice on the last tour.. Unlike another band I could mention, they've still got it.

Oh yeah? winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 7, 2014 16:56

Play Ball here :

Sounds like something off of "Flick of the Switch"...it's kind of interesting that almost everyone stopped paying attention to ACDC somewhere around 1983 until maybe "Razor's Edge" in 1991 and then again big time with "Black Ice" in 2008 thanks to Walmart, still the same old song though, gotta give them credit for sticking to their guns ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-07 16:58 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 7, 2014 17:29

DandelionPowderman
vertigojoe

Oh yeah? winking smiley

hot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Date: October 7, 2014 17:41

Better version here hot smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 7, 2014 17:48

it's sureley "easier" for Angus too, in those very difficult moments...

Father Ted
frankotero
crholmstrom

Having a member of the Young family fill in for Malcolm probably also makes it easier for the hardcore fans to accept. Can imagine there would be some unseemly forum cat-fights if an outsider was brought in.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 7, 2014 17:50

RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
vertigojoe

Oh yeah? winking smiley

smileys with beer

Just to set the record straight here....!!

Date: October 7, 2014 17:55

powerage78
Better version here hot smiley

[www.youtube.com]

You mean better sound, not better song.

Date: October 7, 2014 17:58

Yes spinning smiley sticking its tongue out And very good song IMO...

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: October 7, 2014 19:02

I'll always like AC-DC's guitar sound, so I wouldn't change the radio station if "Play Ball" came on, but I can't see going out of my way to play it much at home or on the ipod.

(Everything since 1985's Fly On the Wall has been pretty meh. This new one will be only their 6th studio album since then.)

Date: October 7, 2014 20:18

Best song ever ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 7, 2014 20:28

IMHO, Play Ball is better than Rock or Bust (that was accidentally leaked yesterday), and could be a great opener like Rock'n'Roll Train on their last tour.

Date: October 7, 2014 22:40

Wild Slivovitz
RipThisBone
DandelionPowderman
vertigojoe

Oh yeah? winking smiley

smileys with beer

Just to set the record straight here....!!
smileys with beer

Play Ball.... Yep "great opener"....thumbs down.
Not by AC/DC standards. SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES would be nice...hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley
But still not in "the same league" with JUMPING JACK FLASH, I mean only the lyrics put JJFlash miles ahead, let alone THE RIFF...thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-07 22:51 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 7, 2014 23:19

I mean it's ok, not great but pretty standard.

They sound a little tired though.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home