Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: October 23, 2014 18:54

Any news if Phil Rudd is doing the PLAY BALL Tour or why he's not in the video's or the picture. Bit strange. Maybe he's too busy promoting his solo album?
What would we think if Charlie was out of 2 videos and not in the pictures today in Adelaide.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 23, 2014 19:55

The new single sounds like a ''live'' track.
and it's a good thing.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 24, 2014 05:52

BluzDude
powerage78
Music Industry Web Site Predicts AC/DC's 'Rock Or Bust' Will Sell 250K-350K Copies First Week in USA

It would have been interesting to see if it could have sold 1,000,000 in this calander year (if released a bit earlier in the year).

I just heard this morning that no album has sold more than 800,000 units in the US this year (by a single pop/rock artist or band), with the exception of soundtracks.

Only 1 album has sold more than 1 million copies in the US this year, the Frozen soundtrack, Coldplay is second with 730k sold, terrible sales overall this year, and Mick knows it.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 24, 2014 15:53

Wow. In any form?

That's pretty bad. Unless you look at it in the way that there's so much SHIT out there no one's buying...

NOT a good sign for AC/DC fans and/or tour
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 03:35

From todays AGE in Melbourne

"AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd will appear in New Zealand's Tauranga District Court this afternoon charged with attempting to procure a murder.
The charge was laid after police raided the drummer's home on the Tauranga waterfront at Matua this morning.
He is also charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis and threatening to kill."

Re: NOT a good sign for AC/DC fans and/or tour
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 6, 2014 03:45

WTF?!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 6, 2014 04:18

maybe he went aggressive on the cops that busted
his house and it lead to the additional charge
"threatening to kill" or what they made of it.
but getting busted just prior to the release
of their album "Rock or Bust", bit ironic.
not a good title anyway, IMO

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 6, 2014 04:29

Dirty deeds. Done dirt cheap?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 6, 2014 05:06

It doesn't seem to affect the band or the tour.

"Last month, AC/DC fuelled rumours of another falling out with Rudd after sharing a promotional photograph of their new line-up — minus the drummer."

The "procure a murder" charge means that he is charged with arranging a hit. He's out on bail until the 27th, but he could be facing 10 years.

Details and some scary recent photos of Rudd at: [www.news.com.au]

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 05:13

AC/DC continues to be...interesting.

Leave it at that for now.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: November 6, 2014 05:18

SomeTorontoGirl
Dirty deeds. Done dirt cheap?

That's hilarious.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure if I can take it with two of them out of the picture. I don't even feel like it's really AC/DC without Malcolm. I'd like to see how good the album is and decide whether to see them based on that (and the price, timing and venue).

Things aren't looking good.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 6, 2014 08:39

Pretty shocking news about Phil indeed.

threatening to kill

Sounds like a good song or record title for them, assuming Phil beats his charges.

Sorry to hear of this. No doubt the meth is contributing to his problems, may be the reason the band has sort of distanced themselves from him...I would have thought they all outgrew that crap by now but maybe Phil is late to the party.

Hope he gets himself sorted and back in the game. peace

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 6, 2014 10:41

Just saw it on BBC morning news, can't believe it!! sorry i havent read the whole of this thread, have AC/DC been promoting and doing stuff without Rudd? and have they found a replacement? I so wanted to go and see them next year.

Date: November 6, 2014 11:12

WTF, Phil??

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 6, 2014 11:20

Rudd on meth? confused smiley
The good thing is they could have played 2 shows a day during the next tour. One suck on the glass pipe backstage and Phil's ready to hit the drums for hours...

So he's out of the tour... a tour how many people will attend with only ONE original band member (Angus)?

Back to Phil : Rudd can start a new career as the official down under Bill Wyman look-a-like : look at the pix the ressemblance is uncanny!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-06 11:26 by dcba.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 6, 2014 11:41

Bring back Simon Wright? I would like to see Kenny Aronoff with AC/DC. The man BEATS the skins.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 6, 2014 12:15

dcba
Rudd on meth? confused smiley
The good thing is they could have played 2 shows a day during the next tour. One suck on the glass pipe backstage and Phil's ready to hit the drums for hours...

So he's out of the tour... a tour how many people will attend with only ONE original band member (Angus)?

Back to Phil : Rudd can start a new career as the official down under Bill Wyman look-a-like : look at the pix the ressemblance is uncanny!

Heisenberg?

Date: November 6, 2014 13:12

JohnnyBGoode
Bring back Simon Wright? I would like to see Kenny Aronoff with AC/DC. The man BEATS the skins.

I'd see Josh Freese on the stool. He's a beast (saw him with NIN in 2007) he hits very hard he's very solid plus he's somewhat younger than the names you mentioned.
Anyway to use an Aussie metaphor this tour starts to feel like the Galipoli expedition... sad smiley

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: November 6, 2014 13:43

dcba
JohnnyBGoode

I'd see Josh Freese on the stool. He's a beast (saw him with NIN in 2007) he hits very hard he's very solid plus he's somewhat younger than the names you mentioned.
Anyway to use an Aussie metaphor this tour starts to feel like the Galipoli expedition... sad smiley

Josh Freese is awesome! Think they will probably choose a non-American drummer?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 6, 2014 14:05

JohnnyBGoode
dcba
JohnnyBGoode

Josh Freese has been very good with the Replacements recently.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 6, 2014 15:00

So it's BUST not ROCK then eye rolling smiley

Date: November 6, 2014 15:37

JohnnyBGoode

Think they will probably choose a non-American drummer?

On 2nd thought they'll probably do.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: November 6, 2014 15:46

JohnnyBGoode
dcba
JohnnyBGoode

Forgive my question because I'm not all that into AC/DC, but who was the bald drummer for them? Rudd with his head shaved or someone else?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 6, 2014 15:51

Damn. Another piece of artillery for the "drugs are bad" crowd. Seriously though... Here's hoping that the legal system will work and justice will be found on some level. Also hoping that Phil is able to get whatever help he needs. If he needs it. I'm no expert but, based on the minimal information that's being reported, it sounds like he might need some help from someone other than a hit-man. Sad.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 16:37

just saw his pictures taken Yesterday, i could hardly recognise him. short hair, no glasses .. sounds like a bad story for him..

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 6, 2014 16:51

Long John Stoner
Forgive my question because I'm not all that into AC/DC, but who was the bald drummer for them? Rudd with his head shaved or someone else?

Chris Slade (What's he up to these days?)

Date: November 6, 2014 16:52

Long John Stoner

who was the bald drummer for them? Rudd with his head shaved or someone else?

Chris Slade!
Some say he had no swing and banged the drums like a machine but I quite liked him. Imho the return of Rudd (1996) marked a severe degradation of the quality of the shows.
Just compare the 1991 live DVD

with the 1996 one.

In 96 they sound like pensioners! grinning smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 6, 2014 17:01

Yeah bringing back Chris Slade would be a good idea, based on how he played... almost 25 years ago.

Nowadays, all we can do is trust in Angus' judgment.
Cliff Williams and him are alone on the steering wheel now...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 6, 2014 17:02

dcba, I have to agree, I thought he was a much better fit (and better drummer) than Simon Wright.

I wonder what they would sound like if this guy sat in with them?

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: November 6, 2014 17:17

These guys are the real life Spinal Tap

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home