Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 6, 2014 17:28

From AC/DC's Facebook page:

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 6, 2014 17:33

andrea66
just saw his pictures taken Yesterday, i could hardly recognise him. short hair, no glasses .. sounds like a bad story for him..

I saw that too, no teeth also... had no time to put them in as his house was raided by the police I guess.
Tragic and strange story....Lot's of AC/DC titles come to mind....
Guns For Hire (Shoot You With Desire)
Shoot To Thrill
Dirty Deads (Done Dirt Cheap)
Maybe Phil took the lyrics too serious...

Wonder who the two contemplated murdervictims are. Don't dare thinking, but we can assume he was kicked out of the band after the recordingsessions and revenge is a strong motive for murder.
Would be a crazy story, but thruth is sometimes stranger than fiction as Mick said in Too Much Blood.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 6, 2014 18:08

"We’ve only become aware of Phil’s arrest as the news was breaking. We have no further comment. Phil’s absence will not affect the release of our new album Rock or Bust and upcoming tour next year"

Translation : "auditions to find a new drummer start next Monday... Goodbye Phil!"

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 6, 2014 19:50

OutOfTime
Any news if Phil Rudd is doing the PLAY BALL Tour or why he's not in the video's or the picture. Bit strange. Maybe he's too busy promoting his solo album?
What would we think if Charlie was out of 2 videos and not in the pictures today in Adelaide.

Now we know...

Posted by: rolnstn2 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 20:27

This is disappointing news, without a doubt the last run for these guys.
I wonder just how many shows they are planning on playing.
Early rumors had it at 40 for 40 years, that’s 40 shows for the globe.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 6, 2014 21:20

I hope new drummer is Chris Slade

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 6, 2014 21:23

dcba
"We’ve only become aware of Phil’s arrest as the news was breaking. We have no further comment. Phil’s absence will not affect the release of our new album Rock or Bust and upcoming tour next year"

Translation : "auditions to find a new drummer start next Monday... Goodbye Phil!"

I can imagine, that they have only a tourdrummer, who will be no part of the band.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 6, 2014 21:52

as if ac werent badass enough before..and the headlines really write themselves.

i saw them [in the 80's,if i remember right]with the cousin on guitar when malcolm was in rehab and he's really good.

i noticed the difference because malcolm is one of my favorite players and in my opinion as good as any rhythm guitar player ever[yes as good as you know who]but thats just me.i'll miss him terribly but most fans will hear the ac/dc they know and love.

same with the drummer-as kriffhard said,chris slade would be great.i've also seen them live with him and you dont notice much of a dropoff.chris slade has been around awhile,he did a good job when i saw him in jimmy pages band also-dont worry,they'll be great as always but it is getting a little weird

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:10

Koen
OutOfTime
Any news if Phil Rudd is doing the PLAY BALL Tour or why he's not in the video's or the picture. Bit strange. Maybe he's too busy promoting his solo album?
What would we think if Charlie was out of 2 videos and not in the pictures today in Adelaide.

Now we know...

Yep. Now we know Phil Rudd is no longer part of AC/DC and is being charged for planning a double murder through a hitman.

Imagine the recordingsessions in Canada for the new album earlier this year...Malcolm back in the resthouse in Australia and Phil Rudd still on drums....Rock Or Burst indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-06 22:11 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:11

I wonder if they'll use the drummer that participated in the videos? As I mentioned previously, I saw the band in 88 with Stevie on guitar and no one knew it was him! On that tour Simon Wright was the drummer, who would leave the band shortly after that tour ended to join Dio.
Saw the band with Chris Slade in 1991 when they played 3 shows in Vancouver. I like his drumming but the only thing I didn't care for during that era was the band played all their songs really fast in concert.
Best case scenario is Phil is found not guilty and tours with the band.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:30

DGA35
I wonder if they'll use the drummer that participated in the videos? As I mentioned previously, I saw the band in 88 with Stevie on guitar and no one knew it was him! On that tour Simon Wright was the drummer, who would leave the band shortly after that tour ended to join Dio.
Saw the band with Chris Slade in 1991 when they played 3 shows in Vancouver. I like his drumming but the only thing I didn't care for during that era was the band played all their songs really fast in concert.

the 88 tour,thats it..i knew it was one of the 80's tours.i must've seen that same tour you did with chris slade also..you're right he's good but it is better with phil-murder for hire,damn-cant wait to hear the backstory on this,it just adds to the bands legend.i cant imagine a stones tour being postponed because charlie tried to have someone bumped off.

Date: November 6, 2014 22:42

DGA35

Will a drug-free Angus welcome a meth-friendly Phil?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 6, 2014 22:56

dcba
DGA35

Hasn't that always been the case? (Maybe Phil was on the wagon for a while, but I don't know).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 6, 2014 23:05

BluzDude
dcba
DGA35

Hasn't that always been the case? (Maybe Phil was on the wagon for a while, but I don't know).

Angus just hasn't been caught. And of course alcohol isn't a drug. eye popping smiley peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 6, 2014 23:11

Angus doesn't drink alcohol (like his brother did). He is addicted to Coke (a-cola - not the powder) and cigarettes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 6, 2014 23:53

Doc
Yeah bringing back Chris Slade would be a good idea, based on how he played... almost 25 years ago.

Nowadays, all we can do is trust in Angus' judgment.
Cliff Williams and him are alone on the steering wheel now...

Brian Johnson may not be an original member but he's like the Ronnie of the band, and currently indispensable.

Date: November 7, 2014 00:00

treaclefingers
Doc
Yeah bringing back Chris Slade would be a good idea, based on how he played... almost 25 years ago.

Brian Johnson may not be an original member but he's like the Ronnie of the band, and currently indispensable.

Ronnie is indispensable? I thought that he was just about out when he was having his alcohol problems? Me thinks Mick, Keith and Charlie are the only ones who fit that category....besides MT is standing in the wings, literally. peace

Date: November 7, 2014 00:06

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Doc

Ronnie is indispensable? I thought that he was just about out when he was having his alcohol problems? Me thinks Mick, Keith and Charlie are the only ones who fit that category....besides MT is standing in the wings, literally. peace

I didn't say Ronnie was indispensable. I said he was the 'Ronnie' of the band.

I did however say Brian Johnson was indispensable.

HOWEVER, now that you open that can of worms, I'd say that Ronnie was pretty indispensable...you might have MT in the wings to pick up the lead, but you still need to cover for Keith.

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:30

Highway to Cell

Date: November 7, 2014 01:41

AussieMark
Highway to Cell

Good one mate! peace

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 05:19

It seems someone was too quick to put the finger on Phil:

Attempting to procure murder charges dropped

A strange turn of events over the past 24 hrs. on this matter.

Date: November 7, 2014 10:06

Charges dropped, luckily, due to lack of evidence smiling smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 10:45

At the very least, it's given the band a huge amount of publicity!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 12:03

Angus and me in Paris wednesday. A great man, so nice, funny and friendly. Smiling and in a very good mood during our conversation. A few hours before the Phil Rudd news...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 14:42 by powerage78.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:24

Is Phil Rudd a drug dealer?

Date: November 7, 2014 14:54

powerage78
Angus and me in Paris wednesday.

He looks like a mini-moi version of Axl Rose!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: November 7, 2014 15:06

I read news that Rudd was released yesterday (don't know what beyond that).

I hope they tour anyway...especially America/NYC area.
As long as Angus and Brian are performing, should be OK.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 7, 2014 15:16

big4
It seems someone was too quick to put the finger on Phil:

Attempting to procure murder charges dropped

A strange turn of events over the past 24 hrs. on this matter.

What a whole lotta mess that was created in such a short time!
it's unreal. wow! just wow. eye popping smiley

Date: November 7, 2014 16:30

Some additional 'light reading' about the Phil affair...seems he's not always paying the 'working girls' and that leads to some disagreements:

[www.stuff.co.nz]

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 7, 2014 21:21

He has been harassed by the NZ cops who are clearly out to get him. Much like Keith in the 70s. Having arrested him on a false premise and dragging him in front of a judge on a totally fabricated lie ,I would expect the drug charges to be dropped too. I'm no lawyer, but if you invade someone's property on a bogus claim and humiliate him in this way, I would imagine the consequential drug find would be dropped also. This would allow Phil to tour. Clearly he has problems, and they need to be addressed ahead of a tour. But, I would love the band to come out at this time and offer him their support. Consider this. He has NEVER @#$%& up, missed a show, played sloppy. He is to the drums what Mal was to the guitar. Absolutely indispensable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 21:23 by letitloose.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home