Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 7, 2014 22:05

AC/DC's Phil Rudd won't face murder-for-hire charge

In a matter of 24 hours, Phil Rudd's future changed drastically.

New Zealand prosecutors have dropped the murder-for-hire charge against the AC/DC drummer, saying there wasn't enough evidence to move forward.

And now fingers are being pointed at police by Rudd's lawyer.

And at the media - by Rudd himself.

In a statement, Tauranga Crown Solicitor Greg Hollister-Jones said his office became responsible for prosecuting Rudd after he had been charged by police and had appeared in court.

"The file was obtained today and reviewed," Hollister-Jones told AP on Friday, adding he "made the decision that there was insufficient evidence to proceed with the charge of attempting to procure murder."

Rudd's lawyer Paul Mabey said the decision to charge Rudd was made by police without consulting with prosecutors.

Police refused to answer questions about their decision to charge Rudd and whether they stood by it, reports The New Zealand Herald. They also refused to say whether they regret not seeking Crown advice before arresting Rudd, or any distress the withdrawn charge caused him.

Mabey also hinted that there could be legal action ahead.

"Mr. Rudd has suffered unnecessary and extremely damaging publicity as a result of widespread and sensational reporting of a very serious allegation, which on any basis was never justified. The damage to Mr. Rudd is incalculable."

After appearing in court on Thursday, the drummer refused to speak with gathered media as he pulled away from the court in a late-model soft-top Mercedes, driven by a woman who had watched the court proceedings from the public gallery, reports the Herald.

Once home, Rudd took a minute to flip off the media gathered outside his two-story home.

A neighbor told the Herald he was shocked by the news of Rudd's arrest. "I know Phil, he's a good neighbor ... we'll chat about any old thing. I even see him out mowing the lawn for the elderly lady next door, so he's a pretty down-to-earth guy."

The 60-year-old member of the popular Australian band still faces a serious charge of threatening to kill, which comes with a maximum prison term of seven years. He also faces charges of possessing methamphetamine and marijuana.

AC/DC said in a statment Rudd's arrest won't affect its upcoming tour or the new album release.

Rock or Bust is due to be released on Dec. 2 and will be the band's first new studio album in six years. The band plans to promote it during a world tour next year.

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 7, 2014 22:20

<<AC/DC said in a statement Rudd's arrest won't affect its upcoming tour or the new album release.>>

Course not, and here's why....

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 22:39

letitloose
He has been harassed by the NZ cops who are clearly out to get him. Much like Keith in the 70s. Having arrested him on a false premise and dragging him in front of a judge on a totally fabricated lie ,I would expect the drug charges to be dropped too. I'm no lawyer, but if you invade someone's property on a bogus claim and humiliate him in this way, I would imagine the consequential drug find would be dropped also. This would allow Phil to tour. Clearly he has problems, and they need to be addressed ahead of a tour. But, I would love the band to come out at this time and offer him their support. Consider this. He has NEVER @#$%& up, missed a show, played sloppy. He is to the drums what Mal was to the guitar. Absolutely indispensable.

I love his drumming too, and I agree he IS indispensable to the AC/DC sound, but he's clearly abusing meth...of that, there can be no question. Just look at how haggard and old he looks. He's got a classic case of "meth mouth".

He used to be a handsome guy, and he looks like he's aged about 30 years in the last decade.

He was already kicked out of the band once by Malcolm for his drug antics...something tells me that Angus is in no mood to suffer fools lightly with his brother ailing. AC/DC have always been private and no-nonsense, and Phil is making them all look foolish be extension.

I hope he gets help, but I doubt we'll see him on tour with them next year unless he cleans up and grovels for forgiveness fast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-07 22:42 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 7, 2014 22:52

Wishing him well in fighting his demons in peace. His ability to play and go on tour are completely irrelevant and unimportant at this time.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2014 23:47

keefriff99

He was already kicked out of the band once by Malcolm for his drug antics... /quote]

... and for punching Angus!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 8, 2014 10:15

At least tickets will cost 20% less since they will most likely have to pick up a new drummer on the cheap.

Grasping for a silver lining here.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: November 8, 2014 14:29

These are really bad news. Phil is such a great drummer. I find out so many differences between acdc with or without him. Didn't like the tour with Chris Slade, less solid drumming

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 11:28

Play Ball behind the scenes, making-of :

[www.highwaytoacdc.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: November 10, 2014 16:22

Clever boyz : they show us the making of the new vid without revealing what the CGI images the band plays to will be.

60000 naked ladies in a football stadium? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 16:26 by dcba.

Date: November 10, 2014 23:55

Date: November 11, 2014 22:34

Date: November 11, 2014 23:03

Whoa that groove!
Phil you did good... thumbs up

Now if you wanna play along...

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: November 12, 2014 00:42

powerage78

thumbs down

Compare this to DOOM & GLOOM. That's what I am saying. hot smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 12, 2014 01:59

RipThisBone
powerage78

thumbs down

Compare this to DOOM & GLOOM. That's what I am saying. hot smiley

Yeah, it's ok but a bit plodding. D&G is far better...and way more energy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 14, 2014 06:02

AC/DC’s Angus Young on Phil Rudd: ‘That Guy Needs to Sort Himself Out’
by Chad Childers November 13, 2014 3:04 PM

> RUDD

It’s been a rather tumultuous year for AC/DC, and it just got even more complicated with the recent arrest of drummer Phil Rudd. During a new interview with USA Today, AC/DC’s Angus Young and Cliff Williams reveal that their issues with Rudd actually preceded his recent arrest.

Rudd was initially charged earlier this month on a murder-for-hire charge, as well as ‘threatening to kill,’ plus possession of methamphetamine and marijuana. While the murder-for-hire charge was dropped, the other charges remain.

Bassist Cliff Williams states in the interview that the band’s troubles with Rudd have been going on for a while, explaining that the drummer was not himself when it came time to record their new album, ‘Rock or Bust.’ “It was tough to get [him] there in the first place,” said Williams, while Young added, “It put us in a difficult situation. It put us in a spot where we couldn’t move forward. Does the guy show up? Is he reliable to do his job in good shape? We’ve always been a solid reliable unit.”

In the end, Rudd did complete his drum tracks for the upcoming AC/DC album ‘Rock or Bust,’ which is due on Dec. 2. But his involvement with the band moving forward remains a mystery. He’s already missed a photo shoot as well as the band’s recent video shoots.

“Phil created his own situation,” says Angus Young. “It’s a hard thing to say about the guy. He’s a great drummer, and he’s done a lot of stuff for us. But he seems to have let himself go. He’s not the Phil we’ve known from the past.”

The guitarist adds that the alleged drug usage implied by the recent charges may have something to do with that, adding, “When you get in that land, it’s very hard … I don’t know the exact situation … I can only say, from our perspective, that guy needs to sort himself out.”

Shortly after Rudd’s arrest was made public, the band issued a statement that they intended to proceed with the release of their new album and would tour in 2015. Frontman Brian Johnson later reiterated those sentiments, revealing that the band would “absolutely” tour next year.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 06:42

I think the upcoming AC/DC tour might be a "not miss" tour. There's so much f'd up stuff going on that it's just gonna either 1) sink it entirely, or 2) elevate the whole thing to another level.

I'm banking on #2.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 14, 2014 06:54

rocker1
I think the upcoming AC/DC tour might be a "not miss" tour. There's so much f'd up stuff going on that it's just gonna either 1) sink it entirely, or 2) elevate the whole thing to another level.

I'm banking on #2.

Me too.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 14, 2014 07:44

Really? Its nothing against AC/DC. I love them and have seen them live. They are always killer.

But I feel like this tour won't be any different than their other ones. I doubt because of everything thats going on they're going to go out there and prove something and the show is gonna be off the charts. Likewise, I don't think without Mal and Phil the show will sink at all. Its not hard to replicate AC/DC live, and its been done before, whether thats unfortunate or not.

I think this is gonna be another standard kick ass tour for them, because they don't really do anything differently. Its just always AC/DC. I highly doubt they'll go out and I'll hear "This is the best" or "This is the worst" they've ever played. Its gonna sound like AC/DC, and unless Angus or Brian isn't there, thats how its gonna stay I think.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 07:56

RollingFreak
Really? Its nothing against AC/DC. I love them and have seen them live. They are always killer.

But I feel like this tour won't be any different than their other ones. I doubt because of everything thats going on they're going to go out there and prove something and the show is gonna be off the charts. Likewise, I don't think without Mal and Phil the show will sink at all. Its not hard to replicate AC/DC live, and its been done before, whether thats unfortunate or not.

I think this is gonna be another standard kick ass tour for them, because they don't really do anything differently. Its just always AC/DC. I highly doubt they'll go out and I'll hear "This is the best" or "This is the worst" they've ever played. Its gonna sound like AC/DC, and unless Angus or Brian isn't there, thats how its gonna stay I think.

Maybe so.

And I'll take what you suggest, and happily!

Putting it another way... it'll be everything you suspect it probably will be, which is "killer".

Nothing less; but nothing more.

What more can anyone ask?!

(Well... to sort of answer my own question...Was just hoping/dreaming that the current weirdness might actually knock them out of their comfort zone to...another level we haven't seen! But...that could be asking too much, and probably is....)

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 14, 2014 10:07

Lol and don't get me wrong. I'm totally with you man! I'd love it if this weirdness got them to pull out 70s deep cuts like stuff from Powerage or Highway To Hell, or even just for the hell of it play Back In Black in its entirety. I'd be @#$%& stoked if they all of a sudden went nuts in their concerts.

Just after 40 years, and especially the last 20, it doesn't seem to be their style. Their style is "we're gonna melt your face and play a kick ass set... but its gonna be relatively the same tour to tour."

Date: November 14, 2014 10:33

RollingFreak

Are they so easy to replicate that when the entire original rhythm section is gone - they would still sound the same?

Date: November 14, 2014 10:44

Hairball

Bassist Cliff Williams states in the interview that the band’s troubles with Rudd have been going on for a while, explaining that the drummer was not himself when it came time to record their new album, ‘Rock or Bust”

Translation : Phil's a meth head. He's out...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 10:55

Hi DandelionPowderman! Saw them in 88 when Simon Wright was their drummer and Stevie was filling in for Malcolm. Sounded the same as always! Very few people knew that it was even Stevie filling in at the time since there was no internet.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 14, 2014 14:40

It will be the same as long as Angus is there..

Date: November 14, 2014 15:56

DGA35
Hi DandelionPowderman! Saw them in 88 when Simon Wright was their drummer and Stevie was filling in for Malcolm. Sounded the same as always! Very few people knew that it was even Stevie filling in at the time since there was no internet.

Is Simon Wright the bald drummer? If so, I saw him too in the early 90s. He was good, but he wasn't as disciplined and minimalistic as Phil, if memory serves.

What surprises me the most is that the heart of the band (Mal) supposedly is so easy to replace.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 16:31

I mean really...who cares??

Date: November 14, 2014 16:43

DandelionPowderman
Is Simon Wright the bald drummer?

No it's Chris Slade.

DandelionPowderman
What surprises me the most is that the heart of the band (Mal) supposedly is so easy to replace.

Angus wrote the new album, alone : riffs and lyrics.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-14 16:45 by dcba.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 14, 2014 16:55

Charlie Watts will be free next year, South America seems not happening.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 14, 2014 17:22

I never seen AC DC before but I'm going to go see them a few times next year if they play and from the videos I've seen it looks like an awesome show so I'm really looking forward to next year and it will soften the blow a little bit for not going to South America to see the stones.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 14, 2014 17:33

I think that AC/DC comes with a strong line-up eventuallysmiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home