Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC future in question
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 25, 2014 22:03

Yep. More IS Less. Jeff Beck should take a cue from this

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: April 26, 2014 10:29

A nice (short) document.

Date: April 26, 2014 11:41

Besides George Young (The Esaybeats, Flash and the Pan) there is another Angus and Malcolm brother, Alex Young. Close Beatles and Brian Jones friend.

[www.highwaytoacdc.com]

Date: April 26, 2014 14:27

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 26, 2014 17:10

If you consider the predigree of the ppl that are on this stage the result sounds quite amateurish to me... confused smiley

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: April 26, 2014 18:33

mandu
I went to the razors edge and ballbreaker tour and man AC/DC blew me away I wish I could have gone to see them on the black ice tour

I took a coworker to the Black Ice tour that had never seen them live(!!!) and after
wards he said he was exhausted from the energy they had. He is a huge Rush fan..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-26 18:34 by JerkyLittleGIJoe.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 27, 2014 00:30

Powerage

Waddy usually plays 2 to 3 AC/DC songs per show.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: April 28, 2014 15:03

Tommy Thayer should be avail in a couple years.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 29, 2014 00:21

Frankly, I would enjoy another Waddy show over another DC show. That said, I do hope they go on...was addicted to them in the late 80s. Razors Edge was my 2nd & 3rd concerts ever (Stones Oakland '89 was my first).

I was talking with a friend about how the show is pretty scripted, and gets a bit boring. He agreed, stating it is like a movie...but "I haven't seen that movie in a long time...I"m ready for another showing." I thought that was a good summation.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 29, 2014 15:27

Powerage

This one rocks, too...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 29, 2014 16:31

Rick St. Pierre, AC/DC's amp tech just posted these photographs on his Facebook profile:

Geoff Banks, Rick St. Pierre and Richard Jones - AC/DC backline 2014

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 29, 2014 20:31

Last year I produced a live DVD for a local AC/DC cover band. Usually I hate tribute/cover bands because they try to 'be' the band, rather than play the songs correctly. This band's goal was (and still is) to play the songs just like AC/DC did live. I did a full multi-track mixdown and attempted to keep it as raw as possible similar to Handsome Girls... Rough on the multi-camera work but overall came out pretty solid...

There is no substitute for the real deal but its always nice to hear these tracks played right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-29 20:32 by flacnvinyl.

Date: April 29, 2014 21:29

flacnvinyl
Last year I produced a live DVD for a local AC/DC cover band. Usually I hate tribute/cover bands because they try to 'be' the band, rather than play the songs correctly. This band's goal was (and still is) to play the songs just like AC/DC did live. I did a full multi-track mixdown and attempted to keep it as raw as possible similar to Handsome Girls... Rough on the multi-camera work but overall came out pretty solid...

There is no substitute for the real deal but its always nice to hear these tracks played right!
I saw Bonfire a couple years ago...I was impressed, and I normally don't care for tribute bands.

Date: May 1, 2014 10:21

Date: May 2, 2014 11:09

Stevie Young is back...

Stevie, 1981 (no, it's not Malcolm !)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-02 12:01 by Powerage.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: May 2, 2014 19:54

God, I can't believe how old Angus looks. I know he's almost 60, but when you think about him as a young man in the schoolboy uniform headbanging and duckwalking like an absolute madman on PCP...it really puts the passage of time in perspective.

Date: May 2, 2014 19:55

Powerage
Stevie Young is back...

So much for Stevie still being a dead ringer for Malcolm.

Are you sure this photo is from 1981? I thought Stevie briefly replaced Malcolm on the Blow Up Your Video tour from 1988.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-02 19:56 by keefriff99.

Date: May 2, 2014 19:58

Yes, he was in his band Starfighters in this time smiling smiley Malcolm look-alike.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 2, 2014 20:16

Thats hilarious, but really cool, that they actually got Stevie to fill in again. Who would have thought 20 years later thats immediately who'd they call to get again?! And yeah, Angus looks old there, but I remember thinking that when I saw pictures for Black Ice as well. Once he puts on the schoolboy uniform, and gets on stage, he's eternally 16.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 2, 2014 20:25

RollingFreak
Thats hilarious, but really cool, that they actually got Stevie to fill in again. Who would have thought 20 years later thats immediately who'd they call to get again?! And yeah, Angus looks old there, but I remember thinking that when I saw pictures for Black Ice as well. Once he puts on the schoolboy uniform, and gets on stage, he's eternally 16.

Visual proof that looks can be deceiving, right?

Gotta love that it's family that comes to the rescue. There truly is no substitute for old friends and family in a time of need.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 2, 2014 20:35

RollingFreak
Very true.

I rewatched Live At River Plate (their live concert from 2009) recently, and was incredibly impressed that Angus was able to still be so physical onstage, even in his mid 50s.

I'm 35 and my body aches just watching him run around and headbang like that. He's truly a marvel, especially since he's been a heavy smoker his entire life.

Date: May 2, 2014 20:39

Powerage
Yes, he was in his band Starfighters in this time smiling smiley Malcolm look-alike.
Ah yes...didn't even consider his other band.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 2, 2014 20:40

Bloody Hell! Stevie looks match fit. I hope Angus will be too! but that is a terrible photo. Now, where's Phil? I am actually remarkably excited about this. I could never imagine them continuing without Mal, but he ain't finished yet, and will be the biggest critic of whatever they do. two weeks ago I thought my favourite band was finished, now at least we get the last go round on the ride.

Date: May 2, 2014 20:46

The album will be great, AC/DC is never as good as when the band has to fight againt adversity

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 2, 2014 20:53

Powerage
The album will be great, AC/DC is never as good as when the band has to fight againt adversity
Eh, I'd like to believe that, but I can't think of the last time they made a record with more than 4 or so good songs on it. I mean, I can, but it was Back In Black. IMO Fly On The Wall was their last "good one". Since then, its been two singles that really stand out and the rest kind of falls flat. I liked 5 songs from Black Ice, and if they cut that album down to 10 songs instead of 15 I'd praise it a lot more. But since that album had more songs than most for them, it pretty much evens the score.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 2, 2014 21:36

I think Fly On The Wall is my least favorite album. I think the only songs I even remotely like on the album are Danger and Sink The Pink. When I bought the album when it first came out, I could barely make out any of Brian's singing. The CD was a bit better,but still, not great production. The previous album, Fly On The Wall, had a more raunchy Let There Be Rock style production. It was also the first self produced album. Those two didn't sell very well. To this day, I still prefer the Mutt Lange sound of Highway to Hell and BIB.
I'll have to watch the local news and listen to local radio to see if there's any AC/DC sightings around Vancouver!

Date: May 2, 2014 21:47

DGA35
I think Fly On The Wall is my least favorite album. I think the only songs I even remotely like on the album are Danger and Sink The Pink. When I bought the album when it first came out, I could barely make out any of Brian's singing. The CD was a bit better,but still, not great production. The previous album, Fly On The Wall, had a more raunchy Let There Be Rock style production. It was also the first self produced album. Those two didn't sell very well. To this day, I still prefer the Mutt Lange sound of Highway to Hell and BIB.
I'll have to watch the local news and listen to local radio to see if there's any AC/DC sightings around Vancouver!
Fly On the Wall is pretty mediocre. The production is tinny, Brian sounds like he was recorded inside of a cave, and the loss of Phil Rudd hurt the rhythm section immeasurably, though Simon Wright gives it his best.

There are a few rocking songs, but overall it's very forgettable.

Flick of the Switch (the album prior to Fly), on the other hand, is awesome. It was their first album after getting a taste of Mutt Lange-induced hard rock superstardom, and they consciously tried to dial back the big arena sound and get back to stripped-down rock'n'roll.

The album is light on pop hooks compared to the Lange era, but it rocks hard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-02 21:48 by keefriff99.

Date: May 2, 2014 21:58

IMHO Fly On the Wall had several good songs but the production, especially the effect on Brian's voice was horrible.

...Sink the Pink smileys with beer

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 2, 2014 22:10

Go listen to playing with girls

Date: May 2, 2014 22:18

BluzDude
IMHO Fly On the Wall had several good songs but the production, especially the effect on Brian's voice was horrible.

...Sink the Pink smileys with beer
Blow Up Your Video (the follow-up to Fly) was plagued by the same tinny, echoey production, but it has some really strong songs on it (This Means War, Nick of Time, Heatseeker, That's the Way I Wanna Rock'n'Roll, Kissing Dynamite).

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home