Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:29

hbwriter
Erik_Snow
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter
Tell you what, I feel for Brittany Penebre tonight- L'Wren Scott's assistant - she receives a text at 8:30 asking her to come over at 10 am - she arrives to find her boss dead from a suicide. Now, if that text were a cry for help or an emergency heads up, I doubt it would have instructed what it did. It seems as if she knew what she was setting Ms. Penebre up for - we don't know how deep and dark the recesses were that L'Wren had reached, but clearly, they were bad enough that she chose to, it would seem, scar this young woman for life. There is a tortuous amount of pain in this final act; just a brutal act with a seemingly awful calculation.

Or maybe Miss Scott had her own reasons for taking her life, which are none of our business, and this was not some plan to scar anyone. Maybe Miss Scott simply did not want her dead body going for days undiscovered by who knows might find it. Do you have any idea what a rotting body smells like?

Maybe it is just a sad story, not a devious plan.

thumbs up

i never suggested it was a devious plan- thoughtless? selfish? calculated? perhaps. but like i said, my comment was more about keeping that poor assistant in your thoughts and prayers. her life has no doubt been permanently altered for the worse - she was indeed victimized in this, intentionally or not - the results are the same.

I'm almost certain that Miss Scott was very much in pain, emotional pain, why this, that I don't know. When a person is in this condition, she just doesn't think very much of other people's emotions. This is just a psychological fact. If someone is in this very suicidal state of mind and in great despair, always it would be better to go to the hospital, or to get professional psychiatric help otherwise.

And the above state of mind is possible also to the strongest of us.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:30

Expected good news today, and then came to this. So sad. sad smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:32

TornandFried
That is not true. Mick' s daughters liked her a lot and she was especially close with Elizabeth. L'Wren and Jade had a lot in common too and spent time together in London and Paris. They all went on various vacations and spent holidays together.

It was reported in the DM in the article about Jerry's baby shower for Jade and Assisi that Mick's children did NOT like L'Wren, which cited an unflattering name they called her. True or not true, we do not know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 09:35 by Bliss.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:35

MockJigger

Right now, you guys are quite correct...its a big 40 million dollar inconvenience and a big universal, embarrassing, public, global '@#$%&-you' to Mick. Its presented him with a lot of problems. It was probably designed to.
He's going to have to tread carefully. He won't pull it off, the public already know him far too well. He doesn't like that too much. He doesn't like the fact they know him, what he's like.
He can only spin it, but he can't change it.

The show will go on, of course. It's 40 million dollars of their money. She was a (admittedly recent) ex girlfriend.

Sure, could be.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:37

Bliss
It was reported in the DM in the article about Jerry's baby shower for Jade and Assisi that Mick's children did NOT like L'Wren, which cited an unlattering name they called her. True or not true, we do not know.

It was reported that Mick's daughter Elizabeth was close with her and had cancelled a modeling assignment in Australia so she could return to New York to be with her father and attend L'Wren's funeral. Who knows if this is true or not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 09:43 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: dalmolin ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:37

Very very sad news

God bless Mick and L Wren family

Sorry but i can t express properly in English my feelings

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:40

dalmolin
Very very sad news

God bless Mick and L Wren family

Sorry but i can t express properly in English my feelings

Yes you can, that was perfect and all that needs to be said. smiling smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:40

Horrible news, never underestimate the power of the Full Moon to surface dilemmas. Best wishes to her family & Mick. RIP. sad smiley

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Date: March 18, 2014 09:44

stonehearted
Think of it this way, from the point of view of one who finds the music more important than a musician/performer's personal business: Perhaps Mick will channel his loss into creative efforts and Stones fans may be blessed with another late period classic like Out Of Control.

Thing is his, Brians and Keiths personal business is a major key to their success.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:47

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I could not foresee this thing happening to you

My thoughts are with those who're left behind.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:47

Lisa posted this on Twitter:

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:52

MockJigger

It may be possible, that, although very inconvenient, she was an ex-girlfriend, and there may be, for our Hero, our Romeo, a nice tidy and rather convenient upside to all this. Eventually, in the long term.

I can't imagine what the upside of this terrible event might be for Mick, unless it's along the lines of 'Dead men tell no tales'. Surely Mick's legacy will be permanently tainted by this tragedy.

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:58

I've heard some background from what they'd call 'a source' about some things discussed - But I'd just rather say sorry to L'Wren's friends & family. Feel free to postpone the oz tour guys......wait until the media frenzy dies down & Mick can get some time out somewhere quiet.

RIP - Sometimes life is too fast, too sad, too much.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:58

BBC reporting that the Perth gig is cancelled.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Rolling Stones axe concert over L'Wren Scott death

Mick Jagger is said to be "shocked and devastated", as Nick Bryant reports
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Tributes pour in for L'Wren Scott

The Rolling Stones have cancelled the first date of their Australian tour after the death of Sir Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

The celebrated US fashion designer was found dead in her New York flat on Monday, in an apparent suicide.

The British band were due to play in Perth on Wednesday. Their promoter said no further information was available.

They are scheduled to play five more concerts in Australia. The next is due to take place on 25 March in Sydney.

The BBC's Phil Mercer said ticket holders for Wednesday's gig were being asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available.

Scott, who was believed to be 49, was found by her assistant at 10:00 local time (14:00 GMT) on Monday.

Stones frontman Sir Mick he was "completely shocked and devastated" by her death.

The Stones are due to perform in Melbourne and Macedon later this month before playing two dates in Brisbane and Auckland, New Zealand, in April.

The On Fire tour is then scheduled to move to Europe in June, with concerts planned for the Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Belgium.

Sir Mick, 70, began dating Scott in 2001.

On Monday night, a spokesman for the singer issued a statement to deny a report that he had recently ended his relationship with the designer.

"The story in the New York Post re a split between Mick Jagger and L'Wren Scott is 100% untrue," said his spokeswoman, Victoria Scarfone.

"There is absolutely no basis in fact to this story. It is a horrible and inaccurate piece of gossip during this very tragic time for Mick."

Supermodel Naomi Campbell, Vogue editor Anna Wintour and singer Madonna were among those who were fans of the designer.

Scott was found dead by her assistant 90 minutes after sending her a text message asking her to come to her Manhattan apartment without specifying why, the Associated Press news agency reported.

Police said there was no sign of foul play and no note was found.

Naomi Campbell said Scott was "the epitome of elegance and femininity".

Anna Wintour described Scott as "a total perfectionist... always unbelievably generous, gracious, kind and so much fun."

She added: "Her old world American manners and charm were from another time, but her sensibility was always fiercely modern."

Madonna wrote in a statement: "This is a horrible and tragic loss. I'm so upset. I loved L'Wren's work and she was always so generous with me."

Actress Nicole Kidman, said to be a friend of many years, was "heartbroken and in shock right now and unable to say anything", according to a spokeswoman.

Bianca Jagger, one of Sir Mick's former wives, tweeted: "Heartbroken to learn of the loss of the lovely and talented L'Wren Scott. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. May she rest in peace."

Date: March 18, 2014 10:02

marcovandereijk

PIB is going to be quite a serious song in the future concerts.

It was a serious song before too, but now...

Posted by: lovethestones ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:05

That´s so horrible, I just read about it and I´m shocked. All love and sympathy for Mick and all the family involved. I still hope they will go on with the tour, maybe only switching a few Dates, and fulfilling the others. But I would unterstand if they would cancel the tour. I think everybody would understand this, under such circumstances this would be the most obvious decision I guess. RIP L´Wren

Date: March 18, 2014 10:07

rollingon
marcovandereijk

PIB is going to be quite a serious song in the future concerts.

It was a serious song before too, but now...

But it wasnt seriousy performed and lacked realness.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:19

I think it is wrong to try alleged reasons to dramatic gesture, I have experienced a similar situation with my sister and I can only say that it is not given to us to know what is in the head of people.Depression is an ugly dark evil. The people who remain are attacked by a thousand doubts and questions and a sense of guilt, but unfortunately nothing is predictable.

everything's turning to gold

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:27

Please excuse me but I feel the need to repeat my post from the closed thread "Perth rumours - not confirmed / The band has left Perth..."

"This is an extraordinary situation in which we should not insist our opinion is most important. I hope in the next hours and days people on iorr will find the right words to express their thoughts."

Also I would like to say that posting lyrics may look well meant at first or appropriate but please think about how inappropriate it could be for the writer(s) of the song when reading this long time ago written song in this context... It's not easy to do but expressing sympathy in your own words might be the best thing to.

And: speculation about the relationship between MJ & L'Wren is considered not done. Certainly after the statement made by Victoria Scarfone.
So please keep that in mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 10:28 by Dreamer.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:31

Sad news.
Rest in peace...
Condolences to L'Wren's family, friends and Mick.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:37

Depression and anxiety can hit anybody.
L'Wren may have tried medication ,therapy and counselling for it.
We just don't know. Lots of people can put on a brave face at times,but are really suffering inside.

I do hope the media show a bit of respect and let Mick,the family and friends have some peace and space at this difficult time.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:40

Only this, expressed, of course, out of my fanship for the band and for Mick Jagger:

I feel so sorry for her in her desperate moments of psychic pain at the extreme, and I feel deep sympathy for him having to experience this! Thoughts also to related families and near friends!

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:40

Apologies if I expressed any speculation about the relationship between MJ & L'Wren - It was not my intention & never will be. Testify, my sympathies about your sister. I'm battling my own demons - pills, Dr,s appointments etc - so understand the illnesses involved. It's hard work & know that I can never expect people to understand what I'm thinking. So am always sad when something like this happens.

But it's not about me of course, this thread is about remembering L'Wren, her family & friends. Plus others who may have their own grief triggered.

'Take care, take care of yourself' (Big Star 1974)

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:45

And to think some people (also on this board) blame paparazzi for their actions & even mere existance.

WE 'the people' are the dirt of the earth;
that's what we are.
Paparazzi are just a logical consequence.

One look at this thread really tells you all you need to know.

and regarding Stonehearted on page 15: all very sensible remarks. I agree with you 100%.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:47

Testify
I think it is wrong to try alleged reasons to dramatic gesture, I have experienced a similar situation with my sister and I can only say that it is not given to us to know what is in the head of people.Depression is an ugly dark evil. The people who remain are attacked by a thousand doubts and questions and a sense of guilt, but unfortunately nothing is predictable.

yes, we never know when a breaking point will come for someone else. sad smiley

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:52

Very sad, Stones The Rolling Stones will not be going ahead as scheduled for Wednesday 19 March 2014.

No further information is available at this time, ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available.

Ticket holders can check www.RollingStones.com for official updates.
Rolling Stones facebook [www.facebook.com]
Carlitos
Tenerife

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 10:54 by carlitosbaez.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: March 18, 2014 10:58

Bliss
MockJigger

All of this seems to be true. There is a long thread on Shidoobee from before which details this.

Although entertaining maybe, it might be worth suggesting not to consider this kind of gossipping to be a form of journalism, but rather fiction or a conspiracy theory, especially from someone who used to post on iorr by the name of superrevvy.

Date: March 18, 2014 10:59

crawdaddy
Depression and anxiety can hit anybody.
L'Wren may have tried medication ,therapy and counselling for it.
We just don't know. Lots of people can put on a brave face at times,but are really suffering inside.

I do hope the media show a bit of respect and let Mick,the family and friends have some peace and space at this difficult time.

You are absolutely right, many celebrities suffer from anxiety and/or depression but they still smile in front of the cameras, so it may give a totally wrong impression.

Date: March 18, 2014 11:02

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:03

KatieGirl
marko
rollingon
KatieGirl
Sad and terrible news indeed. I have friend who attemted suicide (unsuccessfully) and he told me" when you're in that black hole, nothing and nobody can talk you out of it." Who knows what goes on in the mind of a person in that black hole. Peace to her and her family and friends.

Very strong anxiety and depression can put almost anyone into that hole, even a very strong person. And she seemed to me as a strong person. Anyone in that hole should seek professional help as soon as possible, also family and friends are extremely important in that condition.

Anxiety can be sometimes so strong that it's like strong physical pain all the time and a person wants to do anything to escape that pain.

Of course there can be different reasons for a suicide but often there is strong anxiety behind the decision.

I know,because i´ve been there.
Hope you are doing ok now marko.

I´m ok now,but it took 3 years to recover completely.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home