Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 40
Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:47

stonehearted
treaclefingers
You seem to prefer that in this situation decorum be thrown out and I'll disagree with that.

I do think you're trying to have it both ways though, by calling me out on what you call 'moral superiority'. If you prefer there to be no filters, then the rest of us who find this distasteful, this gratuitous speculation, just hours after her passing probably have just as much a right to say so.

Now that I've let out a bit of your hot air, seems so much less stuffy in here. Huh?

Oh, could we just drop this pretense in feeling that we actually have a personal relationship with people we don't even know, let alone never having met? Mick Jagger is a public figure, an entertainer, and we, the public, are the entertained. That, as far as we are concerned, is the extent of any "relationship" here, such that it is.

This is a fan forum and speculation is our business, and business is always booming, 7 days a week.

Perhaps fans who vicariously project their thoughts so intensely into the private sphere of a personal loss involving people they have no personal relationship with are probably taking the private details of these public figures too personally. It's none of our business, really.

Think of it this way, from the point of view of one who finds the music more important than a musician/performer's personal business: Perhaps Mick will channel his loss into creative efforts and Stones fans may be blessed with another late period classic like Out Of Control.

No one's said anything of the sort. You have an amazing ability to take 4 paragraphs to say absolutely nothing at all.

Carry on.

Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:49

duffydawg
Let's face it - this is a giant f#ck you to Jagger.

Agreed on this part, at least. Wait 'til he's on the other side of the world, enjoying himself in the middle of a big tour, drip-feeding details of a European tour, and looking forward to the arrival of another grandchild and his first great-grandchild.

So now he's grieving, and also has to console his traumatized children and grandchildren - for whom L'Wren was a big part of their lives for a dozen years. The scars may never heal. Meanwhile hundreds of tour personnel and tens of thousands of fans are in the lurch.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:54

Yesterday I saw this sad news on IORR, I was heavily shocked and felt very sadly.

Now, coming back to this board, I'm shocked by so much uncaring speculations and bad rumours spread by fans. Unbelievable.

Sorely disappointed,
HighwireC

sad smiley

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:56

It may be possible, that, although very inconvenient, she was an ex-girlfriend, and there may be, for our Hero, our Romeo, a nice tidy and rather convenient upside to all this.Eventually, in the long term.
Right now, you guys are quite correct...its a big 40 million dollar inconvenience and a big universal, embarrassing, public, global '@#$%&-you' to Mick. Its presented him with a lot of problems. It was probably designed to.
He's going to have to tread carefully. He won't pull it off, the public already know him far too well. He doesn't like that too much. He doesn't like the fact they know him, what he's like.
He can only spin it, but he can't change it.

The show will go on, of course. It's 40 million dollars of their money. She was a (admittedly recent) ex girlfriend.

I liked L'wren, obviously as an abstract idea, I enjoyed her photos, sense of style. It was a glimpse into Micks real world, the one he chooses either to carefully hide himself, or pays people to hide.
That door has now closed for ever.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 07:05 by MockJigger.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:58

Horrible news. Who would have thought?
L'Wren seemed like a tough and strong woman.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 07:21 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:01

Tell you what, I feel for Brittany Penebre tonight- L'Wren Scott's assistant - she receives a text at 8:30 asking her to come over at 10 am - she arrives to find her boss dead from a suicide. Now, if that text were a cry for help or an emergency heads up, I doubt it would have instructed what it did. It seems as if she knew what she was setting Ms. Penebre up for - we don't know how deep and dark the recesses were that L'Wren had reached, but clearly, they were bad enough that she chose to, it would seem, scar this young woman for life. There is a tortuous amount of pain in this final act; just a brutal act with a seemingly awful calculation.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:07

hbwriter
Tell you what, I feel for Brittany Penebre tonight- L'Wren Scott's assistant - she receives a text at 8:30 asking her to come over at 10 am - she arrives to find her boss dead from a suicide. Now, if that text were a cry for help or an emergency heads up, I doubt it would have instructed what it did. It seems as if she knew what she was setting Ms. Penebre up for - we don't know how deep and dark the recesses were that L'Wren had reached, but clearly, they were bad enough that she chose to, it would seem, scar this young woman for life. There is a tortuous amount of pain in this final act; just a brutal act with a seemingly awful calculation.

Or maybe Miss Scott had her own reasons for taking her life, which are none of our business, and this was not some plan to scar anyone. Maybe Miss Scott simply did not want her dead body going for days undiscovered by who knows might find it. Do you have any idea what a rotting body smells like?

Maybe it is just a sad story, not a devious plan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 07:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 18, 2014 07:15

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

Or maybe Miss Scott had her own reasons for taking her life, which are none of our business, and this was not some plan to scar anyone. Maybe Miss Scott simply did not want her dead body going for days undiscovered by who knows might find it. Do you have any idea what a rotting body smells like?

I had to find a good fellow, who has done suicide, I know it.

Thank you, Max.

And to some other fans: stop spreading bad rumours, please.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:21

hbwriter

It does seem calculated that L'Wren asked her assistant to come over in order to find her dead, but who knows what happened in the 90 minutes between when she sent the text and when the young woman arrived? Perhaps she was hoping to be found still alive? Perhaps she got an email or had a phone conversation that put her over the edge? Maybe she was on some type of prescription medication and had a psychotic episode? That she apparently did not leave a suicide note may indicate her act was sudden and not planned out. At this point we can only guess and theorize. People who knew her will talk and in the coming days and weeks we will learn more details about her life and mental state, and any recent events which may have led her to want to take her own life. In any case it is a sad and tragic loss.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 07:56 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:22

Suicide has a genetic component. Maybe her parents gave her up for adoption because they were manic depressive and could not handle a baby.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:22

Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

thumbs up

Date: March 18, 2014 07:29

chatoyancy
Suicide has a genetic component. Maybe her parents gave her up for adoption because they were manic depressive and could not handle a baby.

Life has a genetic component, too.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:31

Erik_Snow
Max'sKansasCity
hbwriter

thumbs up

i never suggested it was a devious plan- thoughtless? selfish? calculated? perhaps. but like i said, my comment was more about keeping that poor assistant in your thoughts and prayers. her life has no doubt been permanently altered for the worse - she was indeed victimized in this, intentionally or not - the results are the same.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:36

It is just... for anyone who has ever been on any side of this type of situation it is... it can be... well... not only is it a very very sad time but it can also be a very very messy situation if/when a dead body is left untouched for too long, so maybe... she... well... I wrote and deleted a bunch of... about suicide... but... you know... sad smiley

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:41

treaclefingers
stonehearted
Oh, could we just drop this pretense in feeling that we actually have a personal relationship with people we don't even know, let alone never having met? Mick Jagger is a public figure, an entertainer, and we, the public, are the entertained. That, as far as we are concerned, is the extent of any "relationship" here, such that it is.

This is a fan forum and speculation is our business, and business is always booming, 7 days a week.

Perhaps fans who vicariously project their thoughts so intensely into the private sphere of a personal loss involving people they have no personal relationship with are probably taking the private details of these public figures too personally. It's none of our business, really.

Think of it this way, from the point of view of one who finds the music more important than a musician/performer's personal business: Perhaps Mick will channel his loss into creative efforts and Stones fans may be blessed with another late period classic like Out Of Control.

No one's said anything of the sort. You have an amazing ability to take 4 paragraphs to say absolutely nothing at all.

Carry on.

No one has to--some things are implied rather than stated outright.

There were women in Mick Jagger's life before L'Wren Scott, there will be women in Mick Jagger's life after L'Wren Scott--and we will all know the name of his next girlfriend within a year's time.

I listen to Stones music most every day and have taken this music into my own life in my own way and it remains a big part of my life--but hardly ever do I ruminate on the private lives of the Stones themselves, except for the circumstances surrounding Brian Jones' death and I have speculated on how Keith's book may have affected his friendship with Mick over the long term. But I don't know these people personally, it is none of my business, and I will never know the full story. Best for me then to just keep on enjoying the music and not project my personal emotions into their private business. My only interest is in what they bring to the stage. There is likely a story behind this tragedy we are not being made aware of, the details of which may never be made public, at least not for a number of years.

This last paragraph says nothing at all but is included here for your convenience, because I have "an amazing ability to take 4 paragraphs to say absolutely nothing at all" reputation to maintain.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:50

so sad... sad smiley - no words...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:56

I can't find words. It must be so indescribably hard. My thoughts and prayers go out to the affected, and Mick Jagger especially.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:16

Way too much speculation here. Sometimes it is appropriate to simply say nothing at all. We do not need to express our opinion about every situation or tragedy. Nature abhors a vacuum, and it's human nature to try to fill the void of things we don't know - or can't know - with our own speculation. But sometimes it is best to resist that natural urge and just let it be. Why can't we just agree that we can't possibly know what was in the mind of someone who chooses to take such horrific and tragic action?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:19 by 71Tele.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:18

Very shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news today.
How terribly despondent L'Wren must have been to have killed herself.
I feel so sad for her and Mick and all her family.
She was such a special talented lady.

Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:27

Can't believe this. Condolences to Mick and L'Wren's family and friends.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:32

It is really shocking. Unbelievable. R.I.P. Condolences to all the close and loved ones.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:42

Rest In Peace L'Wren.
My deepest condolences to Mick.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:42

71Tele
Way too much speculation here. Sometimes it is appropriate to simply say nothing at all. We do not need to express our opinion about every situation or tragedy. Nature abhors a vacuum, and it's human nature to try to fill the void of things we don't know - or can't know - with our own speculation. But sometimes it is best to resist that natural urge and just let it be. Why can't we just agree that we can't possibly know what was in the mind of someone who chooses to take such horrific and tragic action?

x 1000.

Many posts I've read today seem designed to take a tragic situation and make it worse. Y'know, there's sometimes something to be said for rampant hypocrisy--as in, no matter how fascinating speculation may be, pretend like it isn't. winking smiley

Posted by: Vandefruits ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:45

Perth concert tomorrow was cancelled just ten minutes ago....

[au.news.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:52 by Vandefruits.

Posted by: sir sweden ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:48

Sending my condolences to Mick and L´Wren family.
Take care!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:49 by sir sweden.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:11

Rest in peace L`Wren sad smiley Best wishes to her family & friends. We love you Mick and we´ll respect every decision you take!!

All the best

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:13

MockJigger

It may be possible, that, although very inconvenient, she was an ex-girlfriend, and there may be, for our Hero, our Romeo, a nice tidy and rather convenient upside to all this.Eventually, in the long term.
Right now, you guys are quite correct...its a big 40 million dollar inconvenience and a big universal, embarrassing, public, global '@#$%&-you' to Mick. Its presented him with a lot of problems. It was probably designed to.
He's going to have to tread carefully. He won't pull it off, the public already know him far too well. He doesn't like that too much. He doesn't like the fact they know him, what he's like.
He can only spin it, but he can't change it.

Yes, basically since Jan this year, after returning from their Stargroves Xmas break, ABSOLUTELY nothing about the glorious SHARED life with Mick.
A life that generally featured on heavy illustrated rotation on her Twitter, plus supporting 'intimate' photos on her Instagram account.
It all stopped months ago, including the usual "good luck Mick with the tour" messages, or backstage pictures, or how excited she was.
All finished months ago.

Of course,first thing this morning, all her FB/Twitter and Instagram accounts were TOTALLY deleted.
And our hero deleted his beaming picture on the beach, taken yesterday.
And now we have the denials, and the planted debt story.
Her pretty new apartment in NYC, alone, cost apx 6 mill, and most businesses have debt...if anything it showed her success was expanding as she went for growth and more lucrative big brand partnerships. Mick would have been advising her, and would have known where every cent was.

It's cloud cover. And a master of spin is likely behind it with excellent connections with the media.
And plenty of interesting stuff was around in the public realm about what was far more likely to be a motivating factor before this mornings tragic events.

If I remember off the top of my head... long term gf Marianne attempted suicide, he went off filming the next day, and gf number one, Chrissie also tried to kill her self and was immediately shuffled off, stage left....permanently.

All of this seems to be true. There is a long thread on Shidoobee from before which details this. Read it before it's deleted.

Mick and L'Wren's break-up

I admit I am surprised and disappointed. L'Wren was a strong, experienced, resourceful woman of nearly 50, quite unlike young Marianne and Chrissy. I can't see how this damage control of Mick's pr team cannot do other than backfire, ie, have people saying, "Why would the long term girlfriend of a mega-millionnaire feel she had no option but to kill herself over a business debt?"

I thought L'Wren was great - positive, talented, genuine, etc. Everyone she worked with seemed to like her. In all the photos except the last one in India, Mick looked really happy with her, which he seldom did with Jerry or Bianca. He had all the pleasure of re-experiencing the rise of a successful career through her design business. I was sad and surprised to hear that his kids did not like her. You could say that Mick will move on as he always has, but I am not so sure. Notwithstanding the destructive and vindictive aspects of the timing of this horrible event, I think L'Wren's death will cast a long shadow over the remainder of Mick's life, at least how he is perceived by others. He is truly an homme fatale.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 09:55 by Bliss.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:20

HighwireC
chatoyancy

Life has a genetic component, too.

Stupidity as well

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:24

OK, now I'm seeing words like "vindictive" and reading conspiracy theories and implications that make me want to puke. In a thread titled "Rest In Peace . . " Neither her memory nor Mick will ever be allowed to know any peace again, and I am just disgusted.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:28

[quote/]

I admit I am surprised and disappointed. L'Wren was a strong, experienced, resourceful woman of nearly 50, quite unlike young Marianne and Chrissy. I can't see how this damage control of Mick's pr team cannot do other than backfire, ie, have people saying, "Why would the long term girlfriend of a mega-millionnaire feel she had no option but to kill herself over a business debt?"

I thought L'Wren was great - positive, talented, genuine, etc. Everyone she worked with seemed to like her. In all the photos except the last one in India, Mick looked really happy with her, which he seldom did with Jerry or Bianca. He had all the pleasure of re-experiencing the rise of a successful career through her design business. I was sad and surprised to hear that his kids did not like her. You could say that Mick will move on as he always has, but I am not so sure. Notwithstanding the destructive and vindictive aspects of the timing of this horrible event, I think L'Wren's death will cast a long shadow over the remainder of Mick's life, at least how he is perceived by others. He is truly an homme fatale.[/quote]

That is not true. Mick' s daughters liked her a lot and she was especially close with Elizabeth. L'Wren and Jade had a lot in common too and spent time together in London and Paris. They all went on various vacations and spent holidays together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 09:30 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1949
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home