Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 40
Re: Lauren Scott
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 17, 2014 21:10

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 21:10 by CindyC.

Re: Lauren Scott
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 18, 2014 01:00

Shocking and terribly sad. Very sorry for Mick and her family and friends.

Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:26

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 21:32 by CindyC.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:30

CindyC
Re: Disgruntled
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 17, 2014 08:14PM

The only other thing is that you admit that the initial thread was gossip.

Yes I did actually, it was in the first line of the original thread. I can't reference it because the thread was deleted.
I said it was gossip from a gossip site and wanted help to determine if it was true or false! It felt true, but I couldn't be sure, so I wanted help, that's the part you don't seem to get. If I was posting it as though it were true, why would I ask people for info?

Who would know better than rolling stones fans? Apparently nobody on this site because they can only see things through rose-colored glasses.

Lesson learned.

I'm also forced to bring this back to this thread since bv closed the one I opened so I wouldn't have to write on this thread.

See how things work?

OK, I understand your frustration, but let's leave it out of this thread.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:38

She had so much going for her. So sad that she felt she coudlndn't turn to anyone for help. Doesn't make sense. I guess these things never do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 04:54 by ryanpow.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:39

sad smileyL'Wren and family, may you find peace.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:40

Im still stunned, really gutted. I know we don't know these people personally - but they have an impact.
She seemed like such a strong woman. Beautiful, ethereal and graceful. It seemed Mick had finally found that satisfaction.
I can't imagine what he's going through now. How ironic, she seemed to be the one to finally settle him, and now this, perhaps the most tragic thing that's ever happened to him personally.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:41

they are saying 6 million in debt? seems hard to fathom

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:50

So sad for anyone who has to go through something like this, Rolling Stone or not.

Feeling very sad for Mick.

When Chuch died suddenly, the band all packed up and went to his funeral in support of his family.

This is truly a traveling family, and many of these people have been together for decades, and losing someone like L'Wren must be extremely hard for many of them, especially those who interacted with her on a regular basis.

Whatever the do in regard to something as trivial as a concert, this should be their decision and it should not be questioned, or even commented on, as this is really up to them and why say anything except I'm sorry for your loss, and how can I support you.

RIP L'Wren.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:52

R.I.P.L'WREN SCOTT,TOO SOON GONE REST IN PEACE,MAY THE LORD SHINE A LIGHT ON YOU.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:59

[nypost.com]

They had split and her business was in trouble.
Temporary problems turned eternal.

Tragic.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:01

Today started out on a somber note for me when I received a phone call this morning informing me of a close uncle that passed away this morning less than two weeks after entering the hospital with a one month diagnosis to live while battling bone cancer.

Then I check out the forum this afternoon and read of this tragedy in Jagger's life with L'Wren's passing.

Initially you think of some good and bad things that may have crossed your paths but generally it is a mood of sadness and reflection. I always like to ask someone close to tell me a memory of that person first to your thoughts. For those who don't know the person sometimes short messages of condolence posted here are a sign that no matter where we may be in the world, everyone can feel a little bit of reflection in their own way.

I'm sure Mick would appreciate that.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:05

The Sicilian
Today started out on a somber note for me when I received a phone call this morning informing me of a close uncle that passed away this morning less than two weeks after entering the hospital with a one month diagnosis to live while battling bone cancer.

Then I check out the forum this afternoon and read of this tragedy in Jagger's life with L'Wren's passing.

Initially you think of some good and bad things that may have crossed your paths but generally it is a mood of sadness and reflection. I always like to ask someone close to tell me a memory of that person first to your thoughts. For those who don't know the person sometimes short messages of condolence posted here are a sign that no matter where we may be in the world, everyone can feel a little bit of reflection in their own way.

I'm sure Mick would appreciate that.

Indeed he would, nice thought TheSicilian. Sorry about the loss of your uncle.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 18, 2014 04:40

My condolences to Mick and family,Stones family and most of all, L'Wren's family...
RIP......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 06:04 by Keefy.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:19

Keefy
My condolences to Mick and family,Stones family and most off L'Wren's family...
RIP......

"...most..."?

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:20

MisterDDDD
[nypost.com]

Tragic.

Mick denies they had split.

[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: FarEastMan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:31

Peace, peace!
She is not dead, she does not sleep —
She has awakened from the dream of
life —
Tis we who, lost in stormy visions,
Keep with phantoms an unprofitable strife,
And in mad trance strike with our spirit's knife
Invulnerable nothings.

We decay like corpses in a charnel;
Fear and grief convulse us and
consume us day by day
And cold hopes swarm like worms
within our living clay.

Mick, We send you strength and love and hope, and peace may come to your now tortured soul soon.
A candle will be lit for L'Wren Scott and for you, Mick.

with a tear,
Mark

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:31

"He would say that, wouldn't he."

To quote Many Rice Davis. He would look kinda bad if it got out (unfortunately it HAS got out, and got out a few weeks before this tragedy) she was grieving over their split. She wasn't on tour, and she wasn't designing. She was very upset, and it wasn't about the money. Her apartment in NYC would almost cover the debt.

I note a certain Luciana was over visiting the touring party last month, whilst L'wren stayed at home base.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 05:32 by MockJigger.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:34

stupidguy2
Im still stunned, really gutted. I know we don't know these people personally - but they have an impact.
She seemed like such a strong woman. Beautiful, ethereal and graceful. It seemed Mick had finally found that satisfaction.
I can't imagine what he's going through now. How ironic, she seemed to be the one to finally settle him, and now this, perhaps the most tragic thing that's ever happened to him personally.

Yeah, I'd agree about it being the most tragic thing ever to happen to Mick and you'd have to think it will change him because it must hit on a such visceral emotional level in a way that at this stage of his life would have to be such a huge gut punch. This is the kind of thing that happens to other people or younger people, not Mick Jagger-those thoughts going through most fans minds and I'd imagine on some level within the man himself.

Yeah, it will change him. Sir Mick Jagger is now Michael Phillip Jagger-the man not the mythological rock god who turns back the hands of time everytime he struts on stage. He's now humbled and oh so human after this horrible tragedy. He'll be Mick Jagger but a different Mick. Where the post-L'wren Mick Jagger goes will be interesting to see. This is different than divorces, break-ups, or even breakdowns. She's permanently gone from his life.

Mick may leave the women of his life or they leave him, but they've never died, and not just died but died of their own hand--I mean fans, family, friends, his children no one can imagine the level of pain, shock, regret, anger, sadness he must be feeling right now. It really humanizes the man and you feel for him not as the legendary frontman of the Rolling Stones but as a man who just lost the woman he loved in way he'd never imagine or dream of, while he was thousands of miles away doing what he loves to do best with his road "family" and Stones brothers.

It's a time sad beyond words for our dear friend Michael Phillip Jagger. Take care sir you're in our thoughts.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:42

Glam Descendant
MisterDDDD
[nypost.com]

Tragic.

[www.bbc.com]

The publicist* denied it. There's often a disconnect there! Whether true or not, it was an expected response under the circumstances.

(* actually, she's an assistant)

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:43

Let's face it - this is a giant f#ck you to Jagger. This is not about money. This is the downside to Jagger being a narracisit Rolling Stone. Suicide is an act of anger and outward aggression to those around you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:49

Jagger's rep slams split rumours

> "untrue"

'The story in the New York Post re a split between Mick Jagger and L'Wren Scott is 100 per cent untrue,' the spokesperson said.

'There is absolutely no basis in fact to this story. It is a horrible and inaccurate piece of gossip during this very tragic time for Mick.'

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:56

duffydawg
Let's face it - this is a giant f#ck you to Jagger. This is not about money. This is the downside to Jagger being a narracisit Rolling Stone. Suicide is an act of anger and outward aggression to those around you.

While there may be some element of this, if you have ever dealt with, or had loved ones who have suffered from clinical depression, you would know that it is very difficult to ascribe "logical" motives to their acts.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: March 18, 2014 05:57

just heard the news very sad

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:01

They had been together for many years, and this news is a tragedy for L'wren and her family and Mick and his.

Deepest condolences . whatever makes it easiest to face the next few weeks, he should do it, with the love and support from his family and friends in the band (and us being respectful)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:09

Mick, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Awful sad news... Condolences to her family and friends.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:14

MockJigger

To quote Many Rice Davis. He would look kinda bad if it got out (unfortunately it HAS got out, and got out a few weeks before this tragedy) she was grieving over their split. She wasn't on tour, and she wasn't designing. She was very upset, and it wasn't about the money. Her apartment in NYC would almost cover the debt.

I note a certain Luciana was over visiting the touring party last month, whilst L'wren stayed at home base.

obviously. She was all over the last tour, tweeting from all the stops, Glastonbury, etc. It is apparent that she was already out of Mick's life, by his choice not hers. Which does not in any way mean that it is not a grievous event for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 06:16 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:35

Too young... Very sad news..... Life can be cruel. When somebody decide to stop living, always leaves me speechless

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:40

duffydawg

Mick Jagger's public persona is part of the trademark of the business that is The Rolling Stones, and the sad, desperate act of an obviously defeated woman will not be enough to put The Rolling Stones--or Mick Jagger--out of business.

As Keith sagely noted following WWIII, "You can't toss off something like The Rolling Stones", meaning that it is larger than they as individuals and larger than the lives they lead.

Mick Jagger will still be Mick Jagger--his publicity machine is large and powerful enough to see him through.

Whatever the personal details, whatever the gossip rags put out, people will still want to hear Jumping Jack Flash played one more time.

I wouldn't be surprised if these same tabloids are reporting within one year's time on the next girlfriend of Mick Jagger--as if there could ever be a final woman for Mick Jagger. Don't expect him to spend the rest of his days as a solitary man. Mick Jagger doesn't know how to be anyone else besides Mick Jagger.

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:42

Rokyfan
MockJigger

obviously. She was all over the last tour, tweeting from all the stops, Glastonbury, etc. It is apparent that she was already out of Mick's life, by his choice not hers. Which does not in any way mean that it is not a grievous event for him.

Yes, basically since Jan this year, after returning from their Stargroves Xmas break, ABSOLUTELY nothing about the glorious SHARED life with Mick.
A life that generally featured on heavy illustrated rotation on her Twitter, plus supporting 'intimate' photos on her Instagram account.
It all stopped months ago, including the usual "good luck Mick with the tour" messages, or backstage pictures, or how excited she was.
All finished months ago.

Of course,first thing this morning, all her FB/Twitter and Instagram accounts were TOTALLY deleted.
And our hero deleted his beaming picture on the beach, taken yesterday.
And now we have the denials, and the planted debt story.
Her pretty new apartment in NYC, alone, cost apx 6 mill, and most businesses have debt...if anything it showed her success was expanding as she went for growth and more lucrative big brand partnerships. Mick would have been advising her, and would have known where every cent was.

It's cloud cover. And a master of spin is likely behind it with excellent connections with the media.
And plenty of interesting stuff was around in the public realm about what was far more likely to be a motivating factor before this mornings tragic events.

If I remember off the top of my head... long term gf Marianne attempted suicide, he went off filming the next day, and gf number one, Chrissie also tried to kill her self and was immediately shuffled off, stage left....permanently.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 06:47 by MockJigger.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home