Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:30

muffie
Condolences to L'Wren Scott's family and friends. If the show must go on then perhaps 'Love In Vain' (with MT) would be a fitting tribute to his former lover?

Stupid comment.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:32

Mick deleted his latest tweet. The one on the beach or did he post that on another platform?

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:34

RIP.

Intwtwating coincidence: wasnt Jagger in OZ also when Brian Jones tragically died?

Posted by: Adrien ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:35

Sad news...

My thoughts go out to Mick Jagger and his family.

Adrien Cazaux

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:39

that debt being reported doesn't ring true..from the Daily Mail..

just doesn't seem right...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:44

Wroclaw
RIP.

Intwtwating coincidence: wasnt Jagger in OZ also when Brian Jones tragically died?

No, but he went there before Brian had been buried.

He flew out the day after Hyde Park concert. Marianne tried to kill herself soon after they arrived in Australia.

Re: L'Wren Scott dead...? :- (
Posted by: myshang ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:48

i share sadness expressed here .. this is so violent .. so sad .. what a waste .
rip l wren

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:53

BowieStone
Mick deleted his latest tweet. The one on the beach or did he post that on another platform?

I don't know where he posted the photo of himself on the beach.

I did hear he deleted his last tweet which said something about how excited he was
to perform in Perth. It was two very short sentences.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:55

Terrible news.

I couldn't believe it first as I saw the threads here, but as reliable media began to report it and the picture of Mick on the beach in Perth has been removed from Twitter ..... sad smiley

I liked her and I liked her work. The jacket with the blue butterflies from Hyde Park 2013 will always remind me of her.

My deepest condolences to Mick as well as L’Wren’s family and friends.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 00:15 by Irix.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:56

little queenie
Anastasia60
For those of you that remember the 2006 show at the MGM in Las Vegas the night Mick's father passed away -- Mick's singing of Streets of Love - probably one of the most poignant moments in my life. And his bandmates literally holding him up at the end of the show. - "and they are full of tears".

Godspeed L'Wren

i was there and remember that (although i thought it was his mom who had died). he is very strong but this is a bit different as you expect your parents to pass. i always was a bit jealous of l'wren thinking she had it all (and she is my age).
I guess it just goes to show that you can never know what someone is feeling internally. My heart goes out to her and anyone else affected by this.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 17, 2014 22:58

AN OUTPOURING OF SUPPORT: CELEBRITIES PAY THEIR CONDOLENCES

Bianca Jagger: Heartbroken to learn of the loss of the lovely and talented L'Wren Scott. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. May she rest in peace

Sarah Jessica Parker: She was a joyous participant, a planner. She really enjoyed company and occasions. There was a delight to her that is hard to imagine extinguished

Olivia Munn: 'Shocked and saddened by the passing of @lwrenscott ... she was an amazing soul, talented artist and an unbelievably giving friend. RIP'

Bette Midler: 'Just got news of the beautiful L'wren Scott's death perhaps by her own hand. I am devastated. A rare, wonderful, talented soul. Goodbye.'

Bryan Adams: Devastated to have lost my friend L'wren. @lwrenscott Rest in peace my dear I'm gonna miss you. Condolences to all that were close to her

Madonna: This is a horrible and tragic loss. I'm so upset. I loved L'Wrens work and she was always so generous with me.

Jessica Paster, stylist: She was awesome. She was a nice women and she always reached out; it's just so sad. We all started at the same time. She was more than just a stylist — she was a designer, she had vision.

Emmy Rossum: ‘So sad to hear of the death of L'Wren Scott. What a beautiful woman and an incredible designer.’

Duran Duran: 'Such sad news. Our condolences are with L’Wren’s family and friends.'

Marc Jacobs: 'Rest in peace, L'Wren Scott. You'll forever be missed.'

Phillip Bloch, stylist: She had that discipline and that eye. She was otherworldly, like 'Mad Men' before it was chic. She had that Fifties elegance to her. Ironically, last week I said to three different people, "I wish I had her life, look at her life. She's always somewhere fabulous and fancy." You think, here's someone who has it all. You just never know. I'm very saddened.

Olivia Wilde: 'L'Wren Scott was brilliant, elegant, kind, and generous. S***. My heart goes out to her loved ones. What a tragedy.'

Alyssa Milano: 'Rest in Peace, beautiful L'Wren Scott,'

Selma Blair: 'You were a brilliant original. And loved. And will be forever missed. Dearest L'Wren Scott.'

Hilary Alexander: 'Tragic news of L'Wren Scott's suicide. RIP a much loved designer and fashion icon'

Piers Morgan: 'Awful breaking news about L'Wren Scott, Mick Jagger's girlfriend'

Debi Mazar: 'R.I.P my dear L'Wren Scott. Im sick to hear this news.Amazing woman.Why why!!?? R.I.P L'Wren Scott.Wonderful woman,inspired.She will be greatly missed.Such a talent.So sad she has left us so soon'

Louise Roe: 'Such a tragic loss of an inspiring woman and incredible fashion talent, RIP L'Wren Scott.'

Daphne Guinness: L’Wren was a great, true friend and human being, a remarkable and gifted talent and it saddens me deeply to know that I won’t see her again. A devastating loss for everyone who knew her and my thoughts are with her family and loved ones at this time

Bo Derek: RIP L'Wren Scott and thank you for making me feel beautiful. @lwrenscott #L'WrenScott'

Katie Couric: So sad to hear

Nina Garcia: Saddened over the loss of the very talented, generous and always gracious L'Wren Scott. You will be missed

Mindy Kaling: Such terrible news about L'Wren Scott. She was an amazing designer.

Stephen Jones: It was with great sadness today that I learnt the death of my dear friend L’Wren, whom I have known since we first worked together at Thierry Mugler in Paris in the mid 1980’s....Recently we have had tremendous fun, each season collaborating on her own collections, exploring another fashion adventure be it Tuxedo Terrace, Tea-Time or my personal favorite, Yorkshire Pudding.

Date: March 17, 2014 23:01

Very sad news. Comes as a terrible surprise.
"it's just a kiss away.."

CindyC is good people. So many things shoot through one's mind at a time like this. Folks attacking her in this thread should also delete those posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 23:01 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:01

RIPsad smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:05

Palace Revolution 2000
Very sad news. Comes as a terrible surprise.
"it's just a kiss away.."

CindyC is good people. So many things shoot through one's mind at a time like this. Folks attacking her in this thread should also delete those posts.

Agree....most of the posters here hardly know how nice she is

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:06

BILLPERKS
THE SHOW GOES ON.
THE ROLLING STONES HAVE ALWAYS STEPPED OVER THE BODIES.

MY SYMPATHIES TO ALL INVOLVED.

This is different I would think. Mick Jagger is obviously an incredibly strong man but losing the woman you love suddenly and by her own hand is just...probably indiscrible what he's feeling right now. I'm not trying to minimize the tragic death of Keith's infant son or the death of parents, but I'd say this in unprecedented as far as tragedy level for the band. Think about it Keith practically gave up guitar while Patti was battling cancer. How will Mick react to this? If they do play the next show as scheduled I'd imagine it will be one of the most emotionally intense raw performances the band, espeically Mick, has ever given. Condolences to all involved.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:07

RIP L'Wren

Sympathies to all concerned

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:11

What a horrible and sad news...
My deepest condolences to L´Wren Scott family and friends, and to Mick Jagger, my prays and thoughts are with you in this dark and difficult times.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:12

L'Wren accomplished a great deal in her lifetime and brought much beauty into the world. God bless her soul.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:20

Wroclaw

No.

From [www.timeisonourside.com]: "July 2, 1969 [...] The Rolling Stones are informed while working at Olympic Sound Studios."

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:21

My deepest sympathy to Sir Mick Jagger and everyone, who loved her.

RIP L'Wren Scott

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:23

Very, very sad. L'Wren was a generous and kind person.

I was touched by Maria Shriver's tweet regarding this tragedy:

Thinking of L'Wren, I'm reminded of this quote: "Be kind; for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." I'm speechless.

Well said, and amen to that.
Souldog

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:27

A number of reactions from people in the fashion industry who knew her here :
[www.wwd.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:31

I haven't been this shocked in a very long time....may she rest in peace and I sincerely hope that Mick will be OK....this worries me a lot...no one knows what goes on privately with couples and it's none of our business...no matter what went on, this must be horrible to deal with for Mick, her family and friends. My sincere condolences.

Posted by: django ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:32

I came home from work a few hours ago totally enthusiastic and happy about the fact that the band will play my hometown Düsseldorf again and than I read the terrible news here about L'Wren's passing. Don't know what to say. Just my deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:38

RIP L'Wren

Additional Info: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:52

big4
BILLPERKS
THE SHOW GOES ON.

This is different I would think. Mick Jagger is obviously an incredibly strong man but losing the woman you love suddenly and by her own hand is just...probably indiscrible what he's feeling right now. I'm not trying to minimize the tragic death of Keith's infant son or the death of parents, but I'd say this in unprecedented as far as tragedy level for the band. Think about it Keith practically gave up guitar while Patti was battling cancer. How will Mick react to this? If they do play the next show as scheduled I'd imagine it will be one of the most emotionally intense raw performances the band, espeically Mick, has ever given. Condolences to all involved.

The Who (Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend) were back onstage just 2 days after their bass player John Entwistle was found dead right before the start of a tour in 2002. Then again, their music involves emotional catharsis, and a Stones set list generally involves having a good time.

Nonetheless, that wasn't the reason Daltrey and Townshend didn't cancel their tour. There were a host of other people to think about who were depending on the tour for their livelihood, like the roadies and staff, the people who drove the equipment around.

Besides the promoters, there is a virtual corporation of employees who won't get paid if the tour is cancelled. There are a lot of people in their employ to consider, and I'm sure Mick will have the professionalism to see his tour commitments through. It would be surprising if they cancelled. It is not so easy to do so when their entourage is so large.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:52

this financial thing is pretty hard to believe considering Mick has a net worth of upwards of $300 million US. the only way this works is if she was too embarrassed to ask for his help. some people have a lot of pride.

Posted by: Domonkos ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:53

Rest in peace L'Wren, best wishes to all your family and The Stones entourage too. So sad.

(And so sad two times, because I still want my shitty concerts. If it happens with another band, I'm fully agree on cancelling the tour. Now imagine when you run to the first row to have the time of your life. And it's not about us, you know it. It's about the human. Of course it will be deleted later. Feel myself guilty.)

Date: March 17, 2014 23:56

stonehearted
big4
BILLPERKS
THE SHOW GOES ON.

The Who (Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend) were back onstage just 2 days after their bass player John Entwistle was found dead right before the start of a tour in 2002. Then again, their music involves emotional catharsis, and a Stones set list generally involves having a good time.

Nonetheless, that wasn't the reason Daltrey and Townshend didn't cancel their tour. There were a host of other people to think about who were depending on the tour for their livelihood, like the roadies and staff, the people who drove the equipment around.

Besides the promoters, there is a virtual corporation of employees who won't get paid if the tour is cancelled. There are a lot of people in their employ to consider, and I'm sure Mick will have the professionalism to see his tour commitments through. It would be surprising if they cancelled. It is not so easy to do so when their entourage is so large.

Postponing some shows won't affect the employees the same way, though.

For Mick's sake I hope he will - to be able to get it together somehow...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 17, 2014 23:59

Domonkos
Rest in peace L'Wren, best wishes to all your family and The Stones entourage too. So sad.

(And so sad two times, because I still want my shitty concerts. If it happens with another band, I'm fully agree on cancelling the tour. Now imagine when you run to the first row to have the time of your life. And it's not about us, you know it. It's about the human. Of course it will be deleted later. Feel myself guilty.)

Don't beat yourself up, it's a very human reaction that I'm sure a lot of other fans are feeling too. Mixed up in my sadness for Mick and L'Wren's family and friends, I feel bad for the Aussie fans who may now miss seeing the Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home