Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24
Re: OT: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014
Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:11

Change the channel ..... Bob Costas Rocks !!!!!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:19

The Dutch are stunning on skating! What a dominance!thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:20

The 500 meters Skating today for men: Holland 1-2-3. Amazingthumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:31

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: February 10, 2014 20:19

Curling

Canadian fans held up a banner stating

Canada has the "REAL" Stones!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 10, 2014 20:24

NICOS
Day 2...........

DAY 2...ps...where are all the dutch mogulists?!

Date: February 10, 2014 20:26

The norwegian curling team (men) was ordered by the IOC to play in more neutral-looking pants!

The olympics are one attraction shorter thumbs down

Date: February 10, 2014 20:31

DandelionPowderman
The norwegian curling team (men) was ordered by the IOC to play in more neutral-looking pants!

They were hoping to avoid the comments, "Is that a packet of certs in your curling pants", or are you just glad to see me?"

Date: February 10, 2014 20:34

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

They were hoping to avoid the comments, "Is that a packet of certs in your curling pants", or are you just glad to see me?"

Someone's gotta go!

Date: February 10, 2014 20:40

Breaking news:

Norwegian curling team now wearing white pants.
Deal with the IOC was for compensation they are allowed to smoke ... to see the same game-motivating colours as they did before.

Source: %&/=$$$$$$IOC

Date: February 10, 2014 21:46

sorry...here's the DAY 3 final snapshot

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:17

Since the Norwegians seems to break every rule there is; why not send them home so the rest of the world can win some medals too? It wouldn't be more than fair...

Date: February 11, 2014 00:28

Stoneage
Since the Norwegians seems to break every rule there is; why not send them home so the rest of the world can win some medals too? It wouldn't be more than fair...

I'd worry more about Canada my friend!

Date: February 11, 2014 00:50

Sure, Treacles. But I don't count Moguls and Short Track or whatever these new far-fetched sports are called. I don't even know what Moguls is.
Is it a sport with media moguls involved? You are favourites in one real sport though - Ice-Hockey...

Date: February 11, 2014 02:10

Stoneage
Sure, Treacles. But I don't count Moguls and Short Track or whatever these new far-fetched sports are called. I don't even know what Moguls is.
Is it a sport with media moguls involved? You are favourites in one real sport though - Ice-Hockey...

They truely are. Just checked the lines of Canada team, and what a NHL All Stars Team they are. Four first lines. Gladly the games are not going to be win based on names on paper, so the rest of us might have some chances... And of course, the big ice makes the task also a bit easier for us European teams.

I suppose Russia and Sweden are the strongest teams to challenge Canada. Russia is the biggest question mark here. They surely have enough of quality players to get gold, but the pressure will tremendous, so it is interesting to see how it affects on them. Make them fly or just too nervous to do anything? There was one championship tournament a decade or something ago in Russia, they had easily the strongest team on paper, lots of NHL stars, but they failed big time - ended up 11th or something. I think one of the key issues is if Datchyuk is able to play or not. They need his leadership to make the team cohesive I think.

Sweden lost H. Sedin, which is a big loss. So big that I don't any longer see Sweden as my personal favourite for gold. But the great team play, tactical excellence, big ice, lots of quality players and famous Swedish team spirit and mentality is a helluva mix, which would make it hard for any team to beat them.

Of those biggest favourites we should not forget another NHL all stars team, Canada's little brother(winking smiley), USA, either.

Finland, with Czech and Slovakia, belongs to the next category - needing some kind of miracle on ice to get a medal. Finland is more underdog than for ages. Due to injuries we don't have two of our best offence players (M Koivu and Filppula), which is a horrible loss for the team. Now our first line is consisting of two young boys, NHL rookie Barkov (18 years old) and "air-trick" Granlund, put together with senior Selänne (42 y.o.)... So more than ever so called "winter war spirit" is needed, with world-class goal-tenders, plus a great deal of luck, if we are able to continue the stream of medals (three medals out of four tournaments when all the best players from NHL have been available).

My quess is that Norway will be the biggest positive surprise (and I am also afraid that in the cost of Finland...) Awesome strikers Thuressen and Zuccarello backed up with a great, rehearsed team play by the rest might surprise some of the stronger teams (in theory). Who knows even Canada in the first game...

But aah, one/two days to go... it's going to be an exciting tournament! Can't wait!

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 02:34 by Doxa.

Date: February 11, 2014 02:19

Stoneage

Yeah, you may be right! Who'da ever thought there'd be snow sports in the winter Olympics?!

Date: February 11, 2014 02:29

Don't mind me, Treacles. I'm just playing the conservative card. But if I had asked you before the games: Could you have mentioned even one Canadian mogul skier or short track skater? Be honest now...

Date: February 11, 2014 02:33

Stoneage
Don't mind me, Treacles. I'm just playing the conservative card. But if I had asked you before the games: Could you have mentioned even one Canadian mogul skier or short track skater? Be honest now...

Of course I could...but I'm from Vancouver and I remember them from the last Olympics here!

And don't worry, I was just hasslin' ya!

Date: February 11, 2014 02:39

Fine. Fair enough! Good luck in the medal run. We Swedes are still looking for our first gold...

Date: February 11, 2014 02:42

Stoneage
Fine. Fair enough! Good luck in the medal run. We Swedes are still looking for our first gold...

Do you have serious candidates for that? Kalla and Men's Ice Hockey team? We Finns don't have any...

- Doxa

Date: February 11, 2014 02:54

I don't know, Doxa. Maybe some skier of sorts? Perhaps in the sprints? Our curling teams tends to score a gold now and then. You never know. But I'm mostly looking forward to the hockey tournament. Although we might be short-lived there due to the massive competition in that sport. I'm sure you Finns will make your place on the medal board as well. You usually do...

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:34

6 European countries in the top 8 ! excellent...
congrats to Netherlands and Norway..carry on carry on...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:55

Doxa
Stoneage

Do you have serious candidates for that? Kalla and Men's Ice Hockey team? We Finns don't have any...

- Doxa
Do we have serious candidates... Jeeze..just wait and see when it's time for 50 km skeeing...that's a serious dinstance also...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: February 11, 2014 12:12

Olga Graf, olympic speed skating bronze medallist, momentarily forgot she wasn’t wearing anything under her suit

Date: February 11, 2014 15:50

Sweden's Joensson coolest bronze medal winner ever.
Yawns at the start, produces a false start, doesn't show any effort, loses plenty of time, 3 guys fall, he passes them and falls dead 1 inch behind the finishing line

COOL as one can be...

Date: February 11, 2014 15:55

claudine
Olga Graf, olympic speed skating bronze medallist, momentarily forgot she wasn’t wearing anything under her suit

yeah but it doesn't matter because she knew there was not much to be seen.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 11, 2014 16:01

I'm really enjoying the Olympics. Wasn't so sure that I would at the beginning. The opening ceremony was beautiful and Sochi is a gorgeous location. My favorite sports are figure skating and ski jumping..glad the women finally have a shot at this! I'm especially impressed with the color scheme..art graphics. Not sure what you call it, but the barriers(?) are beautiful..orange, purple, green, blue and so ornate. Looks like an Easter egg..maybe that's what it's supposed to represent.

Not to bring up politics or anything, but what's up with Chobani Yogurt and the Russians? Seems to me the Cold War is not really over!winking smiley

Date: February 11, 2014 16:01

treaclefingers
sorry...here's the DAY 3 final snapshot

You better update that sheet now, treacle grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 16:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 11, 2014 16:19

yes indeed, here is the present ranking. The first 8 countries !

Date: February 11, 2014 16:45

jpasc95
yes indeed, here is the present ranking. The first 8 countries !

That's wrong..

Norway just added two gold medals and one silver to that list grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1286
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home