Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 24
Re: OT: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 6, 2014 08:36

Sochi rules in the bathrooms....is it a joke? Tell me it is ...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 6, 2014 22:05

I hope Canada beats Russia in EVERYTHING.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 6, 2014 22:55

andrea66
Sochi rules in the bathrooms....is it a joke? Tell me it is ...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 7, 2014 09:39

Hrmpfff....Henrik Sedin is now out of order and not in the Swedish Team...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 7, 2014 09:47

My prediction:

The Sochi opening ceremony will fail to live up to the London opening ceremony.

Other than that, I have no clue, but will watch with interest.

(Also, Keith has sent out a tweet wishing cool runnings to the Jamaican bobsledders. I thus predict they will sweep the field.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-07 10:18 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 7, 2014 14:53

Jamaican bobsledteam:

Cool & The Gang

2 1 2 0

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 7, 2014 14:59

If they had Usain Bolt as the brakeman pushing at the start and three small Jamaican lads in front it would be Gold for sure. winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 7, 2014 15:39

Comments based on what I saw last night in USA on NBC primetime edition...

I understand that money/advertising/ratings is the reason behind NBC's decisions and I don't know exactly what I'd change in the broadcast if I was in charge but after day 1, I'm already sick of NBC. Enough of that though because I've been waiting for 2 years for THE OLYMPICS!

If you were to ask me on any day of any year if I want to watch ice skating, I would answer with a firm no with the possibility of some unnecessary sarcasm, profanity and negative body language for added effect. But in the olympics... All bets are off. When it's the only game in town and THEY ARE SOOO GOOD, a different set of rules apply. My one request (although I understand that it's actually the sequence it when down in real time) would be not to have to watch the best in the world first. Don't get me wrong, the Russian guy impressed me to no end as I watched it but without being knowledgeable in the sport, I didn't have a frame of reference to know just HOW good it was. Buy the time the guy from Japan and the couple from Russia came on I was able to see just how good they were and it was AWESOME!!!

Can't remember which version of Snowboarding was shown but it was pretty cool... I'm looking forward to the half-pipe & multi-person racing in that discipline. Can't remember where the favorite was from (Canada maybe) but can't fathom how he managed to crash on his first run, finish the run and pretty much nail his second run all with a broken/bruised rib. I've got a pretty high pain tolerance and know some pretty effective pain management techniques but, no. Not me. I guess that's why I'm a musician as opposed to an athelete!

After day 1: NBC grades out at a tolerable level. I've seen enough figure skating for my tastes but know that I'll watch what they show and be impressed with much of what I see as the games continue.

Go World! Go USA! Go Jamaican Bobsled Team! (Has their equipment arrived yet - I had seen somewhere that the athaletes had arrived but their stuff haddn't.)

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 7, 2014 16:30

jamesfdouglas
I hope Canada beats Russia in EVERYTHING.

Canada will not beat Russia in spending.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 7, 2014 19:45

Opening ceremonies going on right now, I wonder how much NBC will cut out of what we get tosee later... and yeah... I am still POed about how NBC cut songs and parts out of the closing ceremonies in London... freekin networks and their heavy handed BS... Just let it be.

Anybody having success with opnline viewing? Can you post a link that works?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 7, 2014 19:52

Max'sKansasCity

Haven't had the time to try yet but am going to spend some time this weekend trying to get the smartphone app working for me (we get NBCSN on my cable package). When I saw your post regarding the fact that the opening is happening right now I was hoping that you were watching live and were going to be able to tell the rest of us how it was working on-line or through the app.

Will keep you posted if I find out anything myself if you, or someone else, doesn't post it first.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 7, 2014 20:11

mr_dja
Max'sKansasCity

Haven't had the time to try yet but am going to spend some time this weekend trying to get the smartphone app working for me (we get NBCSN on my cable package). When I saw your post regarding the fact that the opening is happening right now I was hoping that you were watching live and were going to be able to tell the rest of us how it was working on-line or through the app.

Will keep you posted if I find out anything myself if you, or someone else, doesn't post it first.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Thanks Mr DJA smileys with beer

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 7, 2014 22:00

Why even go to that country!!!!!!!!!

Date: February 7, 2014 22:24

To watch sports?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 7, 2014 22:46

DandelionPowderman
To watch sports?

To see culture?

Date: February 8, 2014 02:44

Date: February 8, 2014 03:28

I'm watching the Opening Ceremony, and a few minutes in, I've already reached the point where I am going to KILL BOB COSTAS if he doesn't stop talking over the ceremony instead of just LETTING US WATCH. angry smiley

OK, it may not be Bob Costas. What/whoever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-08 03:42 by Aquamarine.

Date: February 8, 2014 04:47

Date: February 8, 2014 06:40

They were tape delayed and I read NBC cut some stuff out AND the stupid NBC commentators talked way too much (we do not need to have every freeking detail of an artistic show explained)... BUT, in the end, BRAVO RUSSIA!!!! Those opening ceromonies were spectacular!!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 8, 2014 09:44

Opening ceremonies were great. Usually are. Sometimes better than usual, like Beijing, sometimes underwhelming like London. But these were great! Bring on Hockey already.

Date: February 8, 2014 09:44

Max'sKansasCity
They were tape delayed and I read NBC cut some stuff out AND the stupid NBC commentators talked way too much (we do not need to have every freeking detail of an artistic show explained)... BUT, in the end, BRAVO RUSSIA!!!! Those opening ceromonies were spectacular!!

thumbs up

It was really good, I must admit. But still not as good as London!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 8, 2014 09:46

Tough to beat a bunch of kids who don't even look British jumping on hospital beds.

Date: February 8, 2014 10:26

doubledoor
Tough to beat a bunch of kids who don't even look British jumping on hospital beds.

confused smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 8, 2014 12:54

Aquamarine
doubledoor

confused smiley

Care to explain what a kid has to do to "look British?"

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 8, 2014 13:02

Max'sKansasCity

I think (judging by the BBC lady) that the commentators had probably been given a sheaf of background notes explaining what all the activities were about, and felt they ought to use them. Apart from the famous missing fifth ring, it all worked very well, especially the blending of live actors and computer-projected backgrounds.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 8, 2014 16:26

Yes 3 medals in one game.....Holland

Date: February 8, 2014 17:30

Participating in his sixth olympics, he's 40 years of age. The king of biathlon did it again. Ole Einar Bjørndalen. Nuff said thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 8, 2014 19:22

Checkout hola.org to get a proxy to watch livestreams from other countries.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 8, 2014 19:24

Aquamarine
I'm watching the Opening Ceremony, and a few minutes in, I've already reached the point where I am going to KILL BOB COSTAS if he doesn't stop talking over the ceremony instead of just LETTING US WATCH. angry smiley

Apollo ono.

Date: February 8, 2014 19:43

Koen
Aquamarine

Apollo ono.
no it wasnt.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home