Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 24
Re: OT: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 15, 2014 17:42

ab
Miller was heroic and nearly stole the gold medal for the USA in 2010, but he's a bit battered after four more years of playing behind terrible teams in Siberia, I mean Buffalo. The Sabres are bad enough to give a goalie post-traumatic stress disorder.

Quick earned the number one USA goalie job 2014 after winning the Cup in 2012 in Los Angeles. He hasn't disappointed so far. So I'm guessing that he'll play the rest of the way.

i'm a Sabre season ticket holder. I wish Ryan all the best when he leaves. There is no way I'd want to play with this team. Ever since Pegula bought this team it's down hill to dead last. He's in it for the money. I don't care what any body says. He's raised the price of everything here in three years and has done nothing for the team. He called this place Hockey Heaven three years agao. Are you kidding me? Miller to St Louis is the strong rumor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-15 17:43 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 15, 2014 22:49

all those posts and no one posts the result? and no more medal counts either?

SOCHI, Russia -- T.J. Oshie scored four times in the shootout and got the winner in the eighth round, leading the United States past Russia 3-2 Saturday in the thrilling revival of a classic Olympic hockey rivalry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-15 22:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 15, 2014 22:53

More Hot Rocks
ab
Miller was heroic and nearly stole the gold medal for the USA in 2010, but he's a bit battered after four more years of playing behind terrible teams in Siberia, I mean Buffalo. The Sabres are bad enough to give a goalie post-traumatic stress disorder.

Quick earned the number one USA goalie job 2014 after winning the Cup in 2012 in Los Angeles. He hasn't disappointed so far. So I'm guessing that he'll play the rest of the way.

i'm a Sabre season ticket holder. I wish Ryan all the best when he leaves. There is no way I'd want to play with this team. Ever since Pegula bought this team it's down hill to dead last. He's in it for the money. I don't care what any body says. He's raised the price of everything here in three years and has done nothing for the

team. He called this place Hockey Heaven three years agao. Are you kidding me? Miller to St Louis is the strong rumor.

Whatever you do, hang onto that John Scott fella and rebuild around him, he's pure talent with a sweet pair of hands and hockey IQ that's through the roof. Har har.

Now, back to the Olympics…..

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 16, 2014 02:42

Max'sKansasCity

SOCHI, Russia -- T.J. Oshie scored four times in the shootout and got the winner in the eighth round, leading the United States past Russia 3-2 Saturday in the thrilling revival of a classic Olympic hockey rivalry

yeah Max well ok... USA! and all that!?

(sorry i was watching UGA-Ole Miss roundball)

i'll watch the hockey maybe tonight but there's also UK-UF hoops.

Date: February 16, 2014 03:22

Natlanta
Max'sKansasCity

yeah Max well ok... USA! and all that!?
If you feel the need to crow like, feel free, a lot of others here certainly do, and have. I myself dont do much of that, especially when the result is basically a tie... as so many of these event are. The difference between standing on the podium at the Olympics and coming in 4th-20th is usually a fraction of a second.

My favorite result at these games so far is the shared gold medal in the Women's downhill for an exact tie. It does not get more awesome than that.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 16, 2014 03:36

andrewm
More Hot Rocks
ab

i'm a Sabre season ticket holder. I wish Ryan all the best when he leaves. There is no way I'd want to play with this team. Ever since Pegula bought this team it's down hill to dead last. He's in it for the money. I don't care what any body says. He's raised the price of everything here in three years and has done nothing for the

team. He called this place Hockey Heaven three years agao. Are you kidding me? Miller to St Louis is the strong rumor.

Whatever you do, hang onto that John Scott fella and rebuild around him, he's pure talent with a sweet pair of hands and hockey IQ that's through the roof. Har har.

Now, back to the Olympics…..

Actually the team is so bad he's one of the better players. Haha

Date: February 16, 2014 04:56

Good one!

Looking at men's Hockey, USA definitely looks strong. As a Canadian who's also a Leafs fan I'm happy that JVR and Kessel are lighting it up, just don't want 'em to light it up against Canada if they meet.

I'd say any of five teams, Russia, USA, Canada, Sweden or Finland could take it. Heck, Switzerland could surprise everyone based on how well Jonas Hiller is playing in net. Feel bad for Sweden losing both Henrik Sedin and now Zetterberg but they're still very dangerous. And I have complete faith in Canada's stacked forward and defence corps but not so much in our goaltending, hope that doesn't end up being the difference. Regardless, it'll be very exciting and good luck to all!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2014 08:16

First: Sweden scored their first gold yesterday, thanks to the eminent Charlotte Kalla, in Women's cross-country relay. Which was a relief!

Second: My hopes for Tre Kronor (Sweden) isn't that great since we lost a crucial part of our edge due to Henrik Zetterberg and Henrik Sedin's late injuries.
We have, maybe, the best goalie (Henrik Lundqvist) and, probably, the best defence player (Erik Karlsson, 3 goals and 2 assists so far...). I don't know how far that would take us though...

Date: February 16, 2014 09:04

Yep, Lundqvist is great, the Finnish goalies are great, as are Quick and Miller for the U.S. Both Canadian goalies are capable of being lights-out, too, but also of occasionally laying an egg. Hope that doesn't happen. Gonna be close, regardless.

And, as for Karlsson, I think he's finally fully returned to form after that horrible injury last year when the tendon in his ankle was severed by a skate blade.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 16, 2014 09:21

More Hot Rocks
ab

i'm a Sabre season ticket holder. I wish Ryan all the best when he leaves. There is no way I'd want to play with this team. Ever since Pegula bought this team it's down hill to dead last. He's in it for the money. I don't care what any body says. He's raised the price of everything here in three years and has done nothing for the team. He called this place Hockey Heaven three years ago. Are you kidding me? Miller to St Louis is the strong rumor.

Miller to St.Louis for who? TJ Oshie or Derek Roy

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 16, 2014 11:44

Hope we don't have to play Russia again. Have a bad feeling bout a rematch where they would be motivated by this loss. Especially considering it was hardly a loss. Right call a on a bad rule. Russia's winning goal would have counted in NHL. Their starting front line is filthy good, and their goaltending was not the weakness I thought it might be. Only Canada could be favored against that team because of their amazing depth. That said the USA can win against the big boys if Quick keeps it up, and we catch a couple breaks, like Kane getting hot. Hope it happens.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 16, 2014 12:25

Always nice to beat Norway, but not very nice to beaten by Swedes... (as have been happen in many fronts...)grinning smiley

But a big game in hockey today.... We Finns have been rather unlucky by injuries. We lost two of our best centers just before the games (Koivu and Filppula), and now just lost the first line center Barkov. Perhaps Granlund will now removed from wing to center. With or without Barkov - or Koivu or Filppula for that sake - Canada might a bit too big one for us. Only a damn good team play and incredible goal keeping might give us a little chance.

But yesterday USA-Russia game was a helluva match. Great hockey. We are watching great games.

- Doxa

Date: February 16, 2014 13:04

A good look at the medals.

Date: February 16, 2014 13:08

I dont speak "curling" so I have no idea what they are saying... sounds kind of Yokoishy

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2014 13:19

First Thought -

Date: February 16, 2014 13:43

Congratulations to Sweden, the best cross-field skiing country in the world! A dominating performance in men's relay. thumbs up

But Norway - what has happened?eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 16, 2014 15:41

Go USA!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 16, 2014 15:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 15:53 by treaclefingers.

Date: February 16, 2014 15:51

Max'sKansasCity
I dont speak "curling" so I have no idea what they are saying... sounds kind of Yokoishy

dunno...gives me a funny feeling in my trousers

Date: February 16, 2014 15:57

Doxa

But a big game in hockey today.... We Finns have been rather unlucky by injuries. We lost two of our best centers just before the games (Koivu and Filppula), and now just lost the first line center Barkov. Perhaps Granlund will now removed from wing to center. With or without Barkov - or Koivu or Filppula for that sake - Canada might a bit too big one for us. Only a damn good team play and incredible goal keeping might give us a little chance.

- Doxa

Methinks thou doth protest too much Doxa...drinking smiley

Date: February 16, 2014 16:49

Wow... we lucky bastards... Russia couldn't get three points from Slovakia (0:0 -> over-time), so that means Finland will be the best 2nd, and get straight to quarter-finals, if we don't lose with some 6 goals or more to Canada... Thank you Slovakia!smileys with beer

But this also means that there is not much significance in Canada vs. Finland game tonight, since both are already qualified... a bad thing for a good hockey match. The system in these Olympic Games is a bit odd.

- Doxa

Date: February 16, 2014 16:56

treaclefingers
Doxa

- Doxa

Methinks thou doth protest too much Doxa...drinking smiley

A low profile and clystar clear underdogness always work for us Finnswinking smiley... But like said, unfortunataly the game will not have much meaning now, thanks to the qualifying system and order of games... So we Finns will leave the big surprise to semi-finals and finals... "Win the right games", as there is a saying in Canada...

Russia really made the tournament difficult for themselves. Seemingly the pressure is too hard for them, as many prethought.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 16:59 by Doxa.

Date: February 16, 2014 17:33

Doxa
Wow... we lucky bastards... Russia couldn't get three points from Slovakia (0:0 -> over-time), so that means Finland will be the best 2nd, and get straight to quarter-finals, if we don't lose with some 6 goals or more to Canada... Thank you Slovakia!smileys with beer

But this also means that there is not much significance in Canada vs. Finland game tonight, since both are already qualified... a bad thing for a good hockey match. The system in these Olympic Games is a bit odd.

- Doxa

Yes, it's too bad when the sport highlight of today shifts to ice dancing.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 16, 2014 17:34

Oh man......... what are the Dutch great in skating grinning smiley

Date: February 16, 2014 17:37

Netherlands woman 1500 meter skating 1,2,3,and 4

Date: February 16, 2014 17:51

NICOS

that's pretty damn amazing.

I can't believe how tight the top 7 countries are...it seems almost anyone's race for top finishes when this is all over.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 16, 2014 17:54

treaclefingers
NICOS

that's pretty damn amazing.

I can't believe how tight the top 7 countries are...it seems almost anyone's race for top finishes when this is all over.

Amazing, Yesterday 4th place shorttrack and today Gold!! smileys with beer

Flying Dutchman

Date: February 16, 2014 17:58

Yes I'm proud.........normally I'm not that fanatic about it ....but this time I am..most medals grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2014 19:40

Doxa
Seemingly the pressure is too hard for them, as many prethought.

Is that even a word, Doxa? Skippy would not have liked it anyway...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 16, 2014 20:23

SWEDEN, Kings of cross country!!!

Where is Petter???

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1380
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home