Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24
Re: OT: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014
Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: February 19, 2014 20:34

Ole Einar Bjørndalen, 40, is now the Most-winning Winter Olympian ever, with today´s gold medal in biathlon mixed relay! Eight Olympic gold medals, four silver and a bronze. Not to mention everything else he has won and achieved, I´m so impressed! And such a sympathetic, nice guy (I´d marry him in a flash, hehe). winking smiley

And the Queen of cross-country skiing, Marit Bjørgen, is back! Gold today with Ingvild Flugstad Østberg in team-sprint! And they were far ahead of everybody else. >grinning smiley< Way to goooooo!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 19, 2014 20:45

kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker
treaclefingers
GOO
Why can't the Dutch field a hockey team.?

They don't know how to skate in anything other than tights.

We consider men on hockey skates as gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

How do y'all feel about the 2 man luge in that case?

A children's game.

I disagree...children shouldn't be engaging in that kind of behaviour!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 19, 2014 20:57

Sorry guys, we spoil your games.... ( grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-19 20:58 by Doxa.

Date: February 19, 2014 20:59

While Canada just got robbed of a goal, I give the call to the Latvians on the basis that it shouldn't be this close anyway.

Date: February 19, 2014 21:08

FINALLY!

Date: February 19, 2014 21:13

USA has no problems with Czech, 5-2 when four minutes left. But Canada just scored 2 to 1 against Latvia, seven minutes left. Surprisingly tight.

- Doxa

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 19, 2014 21:18

Doxa
USA has no problems with Czech, 5-2 when four minutes left. But Canada just scored 2 to 1 against Latvia, seven minutes left. Surprisingly tight.

- Doxa

No doubt. The Canadian IORRians must all be holding their breath rather than posting right now...

With two minutes left and a three goal lead I'm feeling pretty good for the USA!

Woo Hoo! Go USA!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 19, 2014 21:23

Doxa

- Doxa

To be fair, the Latvian goalie was the Latvian team. Unbelievable.

Date: February 19, 2014 21:31

Congrats, USA and Canada, you made it!

USA is clearly the strongest team in this tournament so far. A solid and effective performance once again. The team is constructed very well, and is seemingly learned to play on a big ice. Canada, on the other hand, is probably too much an "all stars team", and lacking some kind of cohesion. But of course, they might 'click' any minute. It's going to be an exciting semi-final between them!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-19 21:32 by Doxa.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 19, 2014 21:32

Wow, that was certainly too close for comfort. What a performance by the Latvian goalie, shots were 58-15. Already feeling tense about Friday.

Date: February 19, 2014 21:34

From what I can see on the schedule it looks like:

FRIDAY:
7:00 AM (EST) Men's Ice Hockey, Semifinals, SWE vs FIN

12:00 PM (EST) Men's Ice Hockey, Semifinals, CAN vs USA

I think I'm going to need a two (possibly three) hour lunch break on Friday.

Don't worry Doxa, I'll start cheering for Finland before I leave the house for work. smileys with beer

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 19, 2014 21:36

andrewm
Wow, that was certainly too close for comfort. What a performance by the Latvian goalie, shots were 58-15. Already feeling tense about Friday.

We've had a couple of close ones now. But remember we beat Finland, and they just 'Finnished' Russia, who went to a shootout against the US.

I think any of the final 4 can win this.

Date: February 19, 2014 21:42

andrewm

HOLY CRAP!!! In my schoolboy days I used to be a goalie... I can't even imagine 58 shots in 60 minutes. I joke that I always root for my TEAM but I'll still cheer for the other goalie.

GO USA!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 19, 2014 21:47

GOO

Because they have too long skates, for speed skating, they run 400 m rounds straight and not in small rinks, also not so physical I think...

Bjornulf

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 19, 2014 21:49

Yeah, he was actually dehydrating near the end of the third and the trainer had to come out and give him cold water. Great performance.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 19, 2014 22:27

Doxa
Sorry guys, we spoil your games.... ( grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley)

- Doxa

Well done and great pic. grinning smiley

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 19, 2014 22:27

Like total football the Dutch could be total hockey

Date: February 19, 2014 22:33

bv
GOO

Because they have too long skates, for speed skating, they run 400 m rounds straight and not in small rinks, also not so physical I think...

it sounds as though you may be saying the Dutch are wimps.

Date: February 19, 2014 22:35

bv
GOO

Bjornulf, we call those long skates 'norwegians' here! As a kid you wanted those super cool norwegians, whith which you could skate so fast, and not those hockey skates that resembled those white women's skates, only apt for slow skating, skating in circles and ice dancing. Good for sissies grinning smiley

Date: February 19, 2014 22:35

kleermaker
Doxa

- Doxa

Well done and great pic. grinning smiley

I wonder if Putin wishes he hidden in that mascot costume. Similar posture for both. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 19, 2014 22:36

treaclefingers
bv
GOO

it sounds as though you may be saying the Dutch are wimps.

Most are, to be honest. Except Anton Geesink, but he's already dead.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 19, 2014 22:39

Anton Geesink dead your not sure you meant dad............I must have missed something confused smiley

Date: February 19, 2014 22:49

NICOS
Anton Geesink dead your not sure you meant dad............I must have missed something confused smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 19, 2014 23:20

Wow Classic Dutch judo!!!!! Champ

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 19, 2014 23:42

Emergency Crews Attempt To Rescue Olympic Figure Skater Who Fell Through Ice

SOCHI, RUSSIA—In a race against time, local emergency crews reportedly rushed to rescue Italian figure skater Carolina Kostner Wednesday after the Olympian plunged through a hazardous thin patch of ice during her short program at the Iceberg Skating Palace. “Unfortunately she skated way out into the middle of the rink where the ice was weak and it collapsed instantly when she landed her triple axel,” said rescue worker Ignativ Barkov, adding that Kostner ignored the sounds of cracking ice while performing an otherwise flawless step sequence and combination spin. “We have to act fast or she’ll succumb to hypothermia. Granted, a world-class athlete like Kostner can withstand the initial shock for a few minutes, but her thin, sparkly leotard will do little to protect her from the deep and frigid water below the ice.” At press time, crews were attempting another dive after initial efforts had only managed to recover a sequined headband and several loose rhinestones.

[www.theonion.com]

grinning smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 19, 2014 23:47

Doxa

- Doxa

Putin is thinking about who he has to have executed....
speaking of which, I do not know if this is really true, but I read on a web site that the person who engineered the Olympic ring bit that failed during the opening ceremonies was found dead the next day. Anyone else hear about this?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 19, 2014 23:54

It was in the Daily Currant BluzDude, a satirical news site, so no, it's not true.

[dailycurrant.com]

Date: February 19, 2014 23:56

BluzDude
Doxa

- Doxa

Putin is thinking about who he has to have executed....
speaking of which, I do not know if this is really true, but I read on a web site that the person who engineered the Olympic ring bit that failed during the opening ceremonies was found dead the next day. Anyone else hear about this?

Based on a google search results for: "failed olympic ring dead" I'd say No.

Snopes.com report on the subject.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 20, 2014 00:00

I hope Russia won't invade Finland again after this. But with Putin you'll never know. Ever since the fall of the Berlin Wall the Russian team has suffered. In the seventies and eighties they totally dominated the scene and many Russians, probably, still lives in that time bubble.

Congratulations to Finland for their first gold. Even if you had to take out the Germans in the process...

It will be a super-hockey-friday, that's for sure!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2014 00:02

Thats what I figured, I guess I can file this with the Keith story invading his neighbor's kid's birthday party in Weston.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home