Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24
Re: OT: Winter Olympics - Sochi 2014
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 20, 2014 21:22

US is Choking ... just like the L.A. Kings always do.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 20, 2014 21:46

AARGH!!!

Note: "Miracle On Ice" is already taken...

Thanks BluzeDude for letting me know that USA is choking... I HAT not being able to watch! That sucks... I'd rather get beaten than to lose it.

Go USA!!! Are the overtime rules different in the Medal rounds? ESPN showing that there are 13:51 left in overtime. When the USA v RUS game went to overtime it was only 5 minutes until going to shoot out.

I hope that whomever is actually watching is enjoying the game,

C'mon Ladies!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 20, 2014 21:52

Congrats to Canada

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 20, 2014 21:53

Whoo! What a freakin'comeback. Way to go, girls, and hopefully this is a harbinger of things to come tomorrow.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 20, 2014 21:54

YES!!!

Date: February 20, 2014 22:01

Gotta offer congrats to Canada...

Still hate to hear that the US blew it...

Crap...

I'm gonna have to figure out the Olympic App for my phone... I don't think I can go through this again tomorrow for the men's game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 20, 2014 22:04

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a nail biter tomorrow, Mr DJA, and, honestly, you guys look pretty tough to beat the way you're rolling right now. I'll be happy for JVR and Kessel, in particular, if that's the way it goes, being a Leafs fan.

Date: February 20, 2014 22:06

Congrats, Canada!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 20, 2014 22:15

Women`s curling. Watched the finals today. Never knew this could be so exciting. I loved it. Congratulations Canada

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 20, 2014 22:18

andrewm
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a nail biter tomorrow, Mr DJA, and, honestly, you guys look pretty tough to beat the way you're rolling right now. I'll be happy for JVR and Kessel, in particular, if that's the way it goes, being a Leafs fan.

From my prespective, that's one of the nice things about allowing professionals to compete, especially in Hockey & Basketball where so many players play all over the world... Even if your home country loses, there's still a chance that you can find a player from a pro team that your a fan of who is competing with another nation.

Here's smileys with beer hoping for a couple of good games tomorrow with lots of updates here at IORR for those of us who aren't able to watch... I prefer y'all's discussions to the one's at ESPN or NBC any day!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 20, 2014 22:30

mr_dja
andrewm

From my prespective, that's one of the nice things about allowing professionals to compete, especially in Hockey & Basketball where so many players play all over the world... Even if your home country loses, there's still a chance that you can find a player from a pro team that your a fan of who is competing with another nation.

Here's smileys with beer hoping for a couple of good games tomorrow with lots of updates here at IORR for those of us who aren't able to watch... I prefer y'all's discussions to the one's at ESPN or NBC any day!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Damn straight! Good luck to all tomorrow.

Date: February 20, 2014 22:41

mr_dja

Crap...

I'm gonna have to figure out the Olympic App for my phone... I don't think I can go through this again tomorrow for the men's game.

Peace,
Mr DJA

That was a nailbiter...I actually had turned off the game midway through the third and my wife noticed on twitter that Canada had scored so I turned it back on.

That game was not to be missed.

Date: February 20, 2014 22:56

Never say die, right, girls?

Date: February 20, 2014 23:04

treaclefingers
mr_dja

Crap...

Peace,
Mr DJA

That was a nailbiter...I actually had turned off the game midway through the third and my wife noticed on twitter that Canada had scored so I turned it back on.

I'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to watch the re-broadcast tonight... Knowing that I won't like the end result will make it hard but I do love a good nail-biter!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 20, 2014 23:12

mr_dja
treaclefingers
mr_dja

Crap...

Peace,
Mr DJA

I'm currently trying to decide if I'm going to watch the re-broadcast tonight... Knowing that I won't like the end result will make it hard but I do love a good nail-biter!

Peace,
Mr DJA

To save time, just watch the 3rd period on. The intensity started really heating up then.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 20, 2014 23:59

treaclefingers
mr_dja

Crap...

Peace,
Mr DJA

It was after 3:26 of the third. Biggest choke ever. Gold is for winners, Bronze is for pride, and Silver is for losers. Pack them up and send them home now. Don't let them in the arena to jinx the men. They are good but very unlucky.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:00

BluzDude
US is Choking ... just like the L.A. Kings always do.

Did they not win a Cup? You mean San Jose.

Date: February 21, 2014 00:07

The Sicilian
BluzDude
US is Choking ... just like the L.A. Kings almost always do.

Did they not win a Cup? You mean San Jose.

ok

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:07

Women's hockey is another one of those sports which really shouldn't be olympic. Reasaon for that?

a) Only two teams competing for the gold in reality
b) The general standard is to low
c) very little public interest between the Olympics

Date: February 21, 2014 00:11

Stoneage
Women's hockey is another one of those sports which really shouldn't be olympic. Reasaon for that?

You've spoken very well for yourself.

Date: February 21, 2014 00:15

Stoneage

You're a cheerful old clam, aren't you?

Date: February 21, 2014 00:41

Andrew M
You're a cheerful old clam, aren't you?

Let's just say I'm a bit conservative when it comes to the Olympics. And I do remember Bandy (national sports in Sweden and Russia) being excluded for the very same reasons Women's Hockey is included.
There is a problem when the same two teams totally dominates the scene. The Olympics is not just about counting medals.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 21, 2014 01:39

Stoneage
Let's just say I'm a bit conservative

Only a bit ? Really ? Come On smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 21, 2014 01:48

Rolling Hansie
Women`s curling. Watched the finals today. Never knew this could be so exciting. I loved it. Congratulations Canada

I can't speak on behalf of Canada but I thank you for your well wishes Hansie!

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 21, 2014 06:04

keefriffhard4life
owlbynite
Man, we saw N. Korean & Japanese plus the rest of field but no Chinese skating to Paint It Black! Guess network brass once again dictated what we shall see. eye rolling smiley

almost everything is show in full live during the morning/day hours on nbc sports network

do catch those where I can but have only seen mostly curling & ski events on them....smoking smiley

Date: February 21, 2014 10:16

In about four hours the Olympics will finally start for real: Sweden-Finland, a classic hockey nailbiter!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 21, 2014 10:22

Stoneage
In about four hours the Olympics will finally start for real: Sweden-Finland, a classic hockey nailbiter!

Lets tip:

Sweden - Finland 2 - 2.....then our Blues-man Alexander Steen will score for Sweden in final on overtime...

2 1 2 0

Date: February 21, 2014 10:24

Okey, Come On: 3-2, Sweden!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 21, 2014 10:24

Cheers, everybody! What an exciting day this is going to be! While a certain rock and roll band somehow connected to this site starts their tour somewhere out there, ice hockey fans are treated with two tasty derbys. Canada and USA started already that yesterday in women's final, and now the less beautiful sex will have theirs. Congrats to Canada for the gold! I didn't see the game, but according to highlights it surely was a thrill!

So the big North American guys will have their derby, while we Nordic countries have our own. Sweden is dangerously strong - no weak spots in that team. A great goalie, a great defense lead by 'världens bästä Karlsson', and the offence has enough of talent to do anything. Unlike Russia, they are able to play great team-play. No problems in tactical section either, and I don't think they either undervaluate Finland either. Finland has a great goalie as well (better if you ask megrinning smiley), but neither the defence or offence has too many NHL-star status players, unlike Sweden. But the team is rather well constructed (which is a miracle, since four of our best NHL centers are out), and each player has a definitive role and plays faithfullly according to it. So it is the team play that needs to go better than well according to the plan, if we are going to celebrate today.

The fact is that we need to play better than ever before in this tournament to win. The results have been great so far but if we look behind the results, our opponents didn't have a best day possible. Canada wasn't motivated, since the game had no much significance, and Russia had too much mental problems. Sweden will not have these problems, for sure.

Anyways, let us just enjoy great hockey, and let the best win! It could be that NHL players will not be in next Olympic Games (unfortunately that's the likely scenario right now), so now it still a chance to see all the best players on ice! I most probably will go to a sports bar with fellow crazy Finns to follow the games, so I won't be here commenting them. Friday night starts here early (FIN-SWE starts her 2 pm).... It is a party time!smileys with beer

Stoneage, Come On and the rest of my neighbor IORRians, this is for you... winking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 10:26 by Doxa.

Date: February 21, 2014 10:27

Come On
Stoneage

Lets tip:

Sweden - Finland 2 - 2.....then our Blues-man Alexander Steen will score for Sweden in final on overtime...

Alexander Steen: born Winnipeg, Manitoba thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 24

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home