Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: OT: Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr reunion
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 10, 2014 10:14

A ha! Who else but true rock stars could do that? smiling smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 10, 2014 10:54

DoomandGloom
I wanted to hate it, Stevie Wonder was great, Dave Grohl led the cast of Grammy nobodies but it changed when Ringo then Paul hit the stage. It's not just an illusion any Beatle is miles better. They both still are light hearted and masters of dynamics. Paul's range is astounding and Ringo can still hit even with help.. In another universe all 4 played tonight with a little help from Chuck Levell and they rocked...

Chuck will not be denied, he is everywhere. Stones shared Billy Preston so why not?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 10, 2014 13:31

I really enjoyed most of the show. Couple of misfires (Imagine Dragons springs to mind). Joe Walsh was on it. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was stellar. Was nice to see Peter Frampton in the band, too.smileys with beer

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 10, 2014 14:41

stonehearted
Oh, yes, forgot about Act Naturally. It was Buck Owens, wasn't it?

Date: February 10, 2014 14:50

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 10, 2014 19:00

I thought the show was respectfully boring. It reminded me of those PBS reunion shows of 60's groups and one hit wonders. The camera shots of 50 + year olds dancing and singing in their seats is squirmish at best and I'm 51.

It goes to show that The Band's The Last Waltz is how it should be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-10 19:18 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 10, 2014 19:02

I know people love Ringo but he shouldn't be out front singing.

smiling smileyRe: OT: Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr reunion
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 10, 2014 19:40

crholmstrom
I really enjoyed most of the show. Couple of misfires (Imagine Dragons springs to mind). Joe Walsh was on it. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was stellar. Was nice to see Peter Frampton in the band, too.smileys with beer

And having Dhani Harrison out there with them was great as his vocal harmonizing added a more authentic sound to the song. Also made his mom proud.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 10, 2014 19:46

I recorded it and am still watching in bits and pieces but for me the low point was Katy Perry singing while dressed in a shower curtain.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 10, 2014 19:54

The Sicilian
I thought the show was respectfully boring. It reminded me of those PBS reunion shows of 60's groups and one hit wonders. The camera shots of 50 + year olds dancing and singing in their seats is squirmish at best and I'm 51.

It goes to show that The Band's The Last Waltz is how it should be.

I knew those constant camera shots of the audience reminded me of something! To me, it's like watching a Rolling Stones tribute show w/just MJ singing-not that interested. I know it's not Paul and Ringo's fault that the other two are gone, but it's nothing overly exciting to me. I spend most of my time while Paul is singing wondering how he's going to get around the notes in each song.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 10, 2014 20:10

DaveG
WTH with Annie Lennox wearing a t-shirt that says "HIV POSITIVE"??? She shouldn't be drawing attention to herself. This night belonged to The Beatles and she should show deference. Who gives a crap about her issues? By the way, her rendition of Fool on the Hill was the low point of the show.

I've seen her wear that shirt several times over the past few years (usually about the time when I turn of the show I'm watching because she bores me).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 10, 2014 20:12

Ringo's got an odd "floppy" style as a frontman but it works I suppose! Best moment was "With a Little Help"...pretty moving.

Very annoying crowd shots, must be the same idiot directing as the one who did the Paul 2002 DVD, that's when that trend started I think.

Talking of the crowd, was that Dhani just before Sean during ISHST? Hope not because he looked a lot like George but way older than 35...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:33

mighty stork
I recorded it and am still watching in bits and pieces but for me the low point was Katy Perry singing while dressed in a shower curtain.

And, by the way, Katy, you didn't need to CHANGE THE LYRICS in order to be gender-specific. You could have simply sung, "Why HE had to, go I don't know . . .". We know you are a she, not a he. (although under that thing you were wearing, it was hard to tell!) Be true to the original lyrics, especially when the composer is sitting in front of you!!

OT - Springsteen in Perth - Bon Scott tribute
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 10, 2014 16:35

i think it's awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-10 18:32 by hbwriter.

Re: Springsteen in Perth - Bon Scott tribute
Date: February 10, 2014 16:48

thumbs up

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:17

Boring

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:30

Bon Scott (RIP) would not approve....

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:33

Hairball
Bon Scott (RIP) would not approve....

wow- how cool to have an actual person in touch with the spirit of bon scott

Re: OT - Springsteen in Perth - Bon Scott tribute
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 10, 2014 18:49

Bruce is playin' these kind of tributes at his concerts, like he did with London Calling some years ago in the Hard Rock Calling concert. He played covers of local artists on his recent concerts in Brazil and Argentina, and sometimes the results are amazing, like with this AC/DC song.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 10, 2014 22:37

As we come up on the 14th Anniversary of Bon's death on Feb 19, this was a great tribute by Bruce! I"ve mentioned here before how amazed I am at how quickly things unfolded that Spring/Summer of 1980. Within 5 months, the band mourned the death of their singer, found a replacement, recorded a new album and were back on the road by July! Back In Black was a fitting tribute to Bon and is now the second biggest selling album in the world behind Thriller!
It's a bit ironic that at major sporting events in North America, you always hear AC/DC tunes played, yet very few actually knew who they were back in the 70's when the songs first came out! They only became popular in the 80's after the massive success of BIB.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:00

................................................................................................................................................................. Bon trying to get on top of things ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:29

DGA35
As we come up on the 14th Anniversary of Bon's death on Feb 19, this was a great tribute by Bruce! I"ve mentioned here before how amazed I am at how quickly things unfolded that Spring/Summer of 1980. Within 5 months, the band mourned the death of their singer, found a replacement, recorded a new album and were back on the road by July! Back In Black was a fitting tribute to Bon and is now the second biggest selling album in the world behind Thriller!
It's a bit ironic that at major sporting events in North America, you always hear AC/DC tunes played, yet very few actually knew who they were back in the 70's when the songs first came out! They only became popular in the 80's after the massive success of BIB.

14th? Isn't it quite a bit longer?

Date: February 10, 2014 23:38

michaelsavage
DGA35

14th? Isn't it quite a bit longer?

yeah bon died around 1980

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:01

Rockman

................................................................................................................................................................. Bon trying to get on top of things ......

That picture is just hilarious!!! The "Genesis" dude kills as he is witnessing a real rock and roller working his magic on that bird; no way a prog-rocker could pull that "shirtless cock-rooster shit" killer move. Just to good, thank Rockman.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:07

....Yeah Bon's and chick's feet just say so much ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:34

I stand corrected! Yes, he died Feb 19, 1980 so it's been 34 years!! Time sure flies by.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: February 11, 2014 01:33

hbwriter
i think it's awesome.

Oh man, that's cool! Who is the guitar player besides Bruce, Little Steven, and Nils?

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: February 11, 2014 01:34

stonehearted
This will certainly be the last big cultural celebration of the Beatles, as far as TV moments go.

The next time there will be big mass media regarding the Beatles will be when either Ringo or Paul passes.

That might not be for 20 years or so!

Date: February 11, 2014 01:36

How the hell did these two threads get mashed together like this?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 11, 2014 02:40

Hey Bulldog was good and so was Let it be in my opinion

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home