Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor - The Cutting Room in NYC, November 7-9
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:32

Looks like StubHub and The Cutting Room have reached an agreement/compromise. Judges score a unanimous decision in StubHub's favor.

The show pages for November 8 & 9 have this notification:

Important event information
Due to the venue's resale restrictions for this event, we will not be allowing further sales. Existing orders will be honored.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:34

Hope it all go's well for you in NY Aquamarine.
You must be easy to please if you are happy as long as you can hear the music. Only joking. winking smiley
I'm not a tall guy,about same height as The Stones,but I love to have a good view of any band.
Reminds me of The Point at Dublin years ago when me and my mate were right up front,but a few bigger Irish lads were just in front of us.
They could see that I was a short arse and got me in front of them ,right on the rail,about 2 metres away from Keith. Could almost shake hands with him.
Hope you get the same sort of luck in NY. Have a great time. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:40

Thanks, crawdaddy! smiling smiley I like to be able to see too, of course, but at 5'0" that's always dicey, and at least with these two it's the music that's most important. (Mick or Keith, though, I'd wanna see 'em!)

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 4, 2013 21:58

Hopefully Aqua, you'll be around some nice fans that will let you scoot in front of them - I think at 5 feet, there won't be many that are much shorter. smiling smiley

Crawdaddy, you're story reminded me of Philly 2...I had nose bleed seats and wanted to move a little closer, so I moved down just a few rows to a rail and croached down so I wouldn't obstruct anyone's view, leaving my sister who was happy to be up in the rafters as long as she could sit down. There were two guys in the seats behind me and they insisted I take one of their seats. We ended up all taking turns sharing the two seats. They were great young fans, knew all the songs and really fun to hang out with. I felt really lucky, too.

Have a great time, everyone!

Posted by: ddurando150 ()
Date: November 4, 2013 23:12

anyone going on the 9th?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 4, 2013 23:14

angee
Aqua, aren't you getting excited? You sound kinda bummed.
I shoulda put seats in quote marks. I feel lucky to get in the door. I'll be another short woman standing alone.
I'll be having fun, in any case. cool smiley

I hope someone will save my place during breaks for the restroom. winking smiley

You have a great time angee ,as well as Aquamarine and let us know how you all got on there.
I'm sure it's gonna be a show to remember,so soon after the London gigs. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: November 4, 2013 23:39

I will be at the Friday night show, lucked out and scored a VIP ticket the night they went on sale. Would have gotten more, but my credit card bill is already bulging at the seams.....but def. looking forward to the show!!

Date: November 5, 2013 02:11

From The Cutting Room:

Because of high demand for the sold-out shows on Nov. 8th & 9th, we have added a very special, intimate performance for Nov. 7th.

Tickets are extremely limited and will be first come, first serve.

$100 - $300 On sale NOW

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: November 5, 2013 02:11

Nov 7 show on sale now

Posted by: aeon ()
Date: November 5, 2013 02:17

after a few attempts finally snagged a ticket. sweet!

Date: November 5, 2013 02:21

I thought there already was a private show on the 7th--does this mean they're selling tix to the public for it? If so, this is TOTALLY the show to be at! Only wish I could be there!

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 5, 2013 02:24

Thank god for hook ups! Now, it's just a matter of getting a party pass from the misses.

CBII

Date: November 5, 2013 02:29

Two shows on the 7th. Late show is invitation only.

Date: November 5, 2013 02:36

Oh, I see. Will still be a great show, though! smiling smiley I feel so tempted to buy a ticket even though I know I can't possibly go, it's just the lure of limited available tickets--crazy!

ETA--I hope latebloomer saw/sees this . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-05 02:46 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: November 5, 2013 05:33

any extras?!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 5, 2013 14:01

Aquamarine
Oh, I see. Will still be a great show, though! smiling smiley I feel so tempted to buy a ticket even though I know I can't possibly go, it's just the lure of limited available tickets--crazy!

ETA--I hope latebloomer saw/sees this . . .

I did, and your are sweet to think of me Aquamarine.

Unfortunately, I can't get away from work in time on Thursday, plus my son has a big football game that night, which requires my presence.

I am so glad that you and the rest of the IORRians will be there. I'm looking forward to all the reports, pics, and videos.

Have a great time Aqua, and use some of your obvious charm, little lady, to get yourself right up front! smiling smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 15:44

I don't know about charm, I may have to use elbows. winking smiley Too bad you can't go, but at least your son got some good news!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 5, 2013 16:56

Hey, Aquamarine, I'm with you on the excitement, will be more excited once I fly there, get settled and to the venue and inside. I think you're right, hearing the music is most important, although it would be nice to see too.

Crawdaddy, thanks for the good wishes! TommyQ, hope to see you there, Friday. Yeah, I didn't find out about the tix soon enough to spring for the VIP(s). If you ever want to write me when you see something in NYC, I can usually get there on a weekend.

About the Thursday gig, I was tempted too. The same tickets are selling for twice the price as Friday and Saturday. I figure it's about the demand. I can't get away from work fast enough, and I'd have to pay a penalty for changing the flight. Ah, well, it's probably good I missed the ticket drop again.

Glad more people got in such as aeon and CBII--would love to meet you! I will probably have my light grey cap on with the light-colored/faded tongue, if that helps. smiling bouncing smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: November 5, 2013 23:39

Looks like the option to try & buy a ticket is gone now. Never have any luck with these lottos. if anyone has a spare I am willing to hop on a train for the Fri or Sat night. Please email onecelt70@yahoo.com

Date: November 6, 2013 02:49

I sympathize, neither do I, normally. And this time I got lucky not once, but twice (even though I couldn't go to the additional show). That's my luck for this decade, the rest will be a disaster.

Date: November 6, 2013 03:53

If you have a spare & cant go can you email me & I will take it off your hands. Cheers Onecelt70@yahoo.com

Date: November 6, 2013 04:31

No, I don't have a spare, sorry--I meant that I had an opportunity to buy a ticket, even though I didn't because I couldn't go. Most people didn't even find out they were on sale until it was too late, like you, so I was lucky even to have the chance.

Date: November 6, 2013 04:41

No worries. Think I will put Ronnie live at the Ritz on the stereo that night & pretend. Cheers

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: November 6, 2013 19:10

Are there any pre- or post- meet-ups planned?

What's a good place nearby to have a drink?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: November 6, 2013 20:42

Someone on the Shidoobee site kindly posted this venue info:

Cutting room recon mission.

A friend was there last night.
. 6 tables of 10 (VIP) right in front of stage.-- all great seats
20 tables of 4 (general admission seating)
. 50 of the 80 seats are very good.
. 30 of the 80 seats are so-so (off to the side and parts of the stage are obstructed)
. My advice is if you have a GA table get on line early.
GA standing are in a elevated room towards the back and up stairs in the balcony.

GA standing tix people will not be able to be anywhere near the VIP and GA tables.
. My advice is get on line real early.
Beers are 8.00$ and mixed drinks 12.00$
If you choose to go to the Marty Balin show you will have no advantage to being able to stay inside.
. The room will be emptied and they will co mingle marty balin tix holders in with the people on the Woody line.
Place will hold around 300-350 guests for the shows.

Hope this has been helpful.

Thanks JERRY b for the recon mission.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Date: November 7, 2013 00:22

Cutting Room says Marty Balin will likely sit in with Ronnie and MT Friday night. Also said the band includes Al Kooper and Simon Kirke.

Date: November 7, 2013 01:11

bye bye johnny
Cutting Room says Marty Balin will likely sit in with Ronnie and MT Friday night. Also said the band includes Al Kooper and Simon Kirke.

WOW!! eye popping smiley

(In the fraction of a second when I was frantically buying my ticket, I completely misinterpreted what GA standing meant for this venue with regard to closeness to the stage--basically, the opposite to what it means in a theater--so I hope I can get in the front of the balcony.)

Btw, does anybody know when will-call opens? I've emailed them about it twice, no reply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-07 01:12 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: November 7, 2013 01:25

bleedingman
Someone on the Shidoobee site kindly posted this venue info:

Cutting room recon mission.

A friend was there last night.
. 6 tables of 10 (VIP) right in front of stage.-- all great seats
20 tables of 4 (general admission seating)
. 50 of the 80 seats are very good.
. 30 of the 80 seats are so-so (off to the side and parts of the stage are obstructed)
. My advice is if you have a GA table get on line early.
GA standing are in a elevated room towards the back and up stairs in the balcony.

GA standing tix people will not be able to be anywhere near the VIP and GA tables.
. My advice is get on line real early.
Beers are 8.00$ and mixed drinks 12.00$
If you choose to go to the Marty Balin show you will have no advantage to being able to stay inside.
. The room will be emptied and they will co mingle marty balin tix holders in with the people on the Woody line.
Place will hold around 300-350 guests for the shows.

Hope this has been helpful.

Thanks JERRY b for the recon mission.

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

any recon on whether the standing room spots are obstructed at all...or is that merely based on your height!? As long as i can see the whole stage and hear the music, im fine. I wonder how they will enforce the 20 dollar minumium for those standing, though.

Date: November 7, 2013 04:59

Posted on the Kinks Facebook page--MT and Dave Davies at the Cutting Room:

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 7, 2013 17:59

Leaving for the airport soon!!! Tonight and tomorrow are going to be fun!

Safe trip to all that is travelling, to the shows.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home