Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: Ronnie Wood and Mick Taylor - The Cutting Room in NYC, November 7-9
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: October 25, 2013 16:21

There are still a handful. For example, the guy who owns all the parking lots in San Diego.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 25, 2013 16:32

I'm picking my brain here, but wasn't he the guy who supposedly knows some things about Mick Taylor on the recent tour..like why he didn't play more songs. Supposedly he had "insiders information". Maybe I'm thinking about a different post, a different person.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: October 25, 2013 19:58

Its saying the tickets are all sold out. WOuld have fancied 1.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 26, 2013 22:54

Bellajane
bye bye johnny

[thecuttingroomnyc.com]

Video tour is posted on The Cutting Room website - [youtu.be]

It's a beautiful club...should be a great show. I checked out the menu, as well. Delicious, but outrageously expensive..oh well, that's The Big Apple for you. For everyone that's attending, enjoy yourselves!!!smiling smiley

20 minimum makes those prices easier to stomach; I figure one beer and a burger on the 8th and Ill be way over my $20 requirement.

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: October 27, 2013 02:46

You might even make it without the beer.

HalfNanker
Bellajane
bye bye johnny

[thecuttingroomnyc.com]

It's a beautiful club...should be a great show. I checked out the menu, as well. Delicious, but outrageously expensive..oh well, that's The Big Apple for you. For everyone that's attending, enjoy yourselves!!!smiling smiley

20 minimum makes those prices easier to stomach; I figure one beer and a burger on the 8th and Ill be way over my $20 requirement.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: October 28, 2013 16:44

ANyone know if there is a spare ticket going for this?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 28, 2013 21:57

FYI for those who have purchased tickets on the secondary market, and caveat emptor for those considering it:

Notice:
For all the fans who have purchased Tickets on Stub Hub for November 8th and 9th for the Ronnie Wood show, please make sure you are able to get the name of the seller for these tickets.
The Cutting Room is not responsible for tickets purchased on Stub Hub and entry for the show will be by checklist of "original purchaser name" only.

www.facebook.com/CuttingRoomNYC

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:33

Bellajane
michaelsavage
Gazza
michaelsavage
Gazza
michaelsavage
looks like the show on the 7th is "Invite only"

Revolting elitist bollocks, if true.

It's called "Supply and demand"

Yes. The 'demand' being the amount of celebrities and hangers on which the Stones feel obliged to cater for - at the expense of the public - every time they play a small show.

'Its only rock n roll'- apparently.

Well they do stay in suites at the Palace or the Four Seasons...

Probably a silly question for sure,but what kind of hangers-on or syncophants would the Stones attract nowadays? Surely the groupies and drug dealers are gone. Aren't they? I mean these guys are in their sixties and seventies. Maybe some record business execs and journalists, and a handful of fans seeking autographs and photos..but is that it?

ex-Presidents, film stars, politicians, high flying businessmen, super models, social climbers - ie, the usual rock n roll riff-raff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-28 22:34 by Gazza.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:35

michaelsavage
Gazza
michaelsavage
Gazza
michaelsavage

Yes. The 'demand' being the amount of celebrities and hangers on which the Stones feel obliged to cater for - at the expense of the public - every time they play a small show.

I liked you better when you were a Clash fan. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 28, 2013 23:12

Who?

Date: October 28, 2013 23:19

Bellajane
I'm picking my brain here, but wasn't he the guy who supposedly knows some things about Mick Taylor on the recent tour..like why he didn't play more songs. Supposedly he had "insiders information". Maybe I'm thinking about a different post, a different person.

Not sure. I met him in the Pit in Chicago. Scott Jones, I think.

Date: October 28, 2013 23:20

bye bye johnny
FYI for those who have purchased tickets on the secondary market, and caveat emptor for those considering it:

Notice:
For all the fans who have purchased Tickets on Stub Hub for November 8th and 9th for the Ronnie Wood show, please make sure you are able to get the name of the seller for these tickets.
The Cutting Room is not responsible for tickets purchased on Stub Hub and entry for the show will be by checklist of "original purchaser name" only.

Interesting.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 29, 2013 00:02

michaelsavage
bye bye johnny

Notice:

Interesting.

Doesn't say anything about ID check, just have a name.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 29, 2013 01:21

Pretty standard practice these days.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: October 29, 2013 14:50

HalfNanker
Bellajane
bye bye johnny

[thecuttingroomnyc.com]

If I was there it would some of those Reuben cigars and a champagne cocktail or two. Plus leave a decent tip!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 29, 2013 16:42

Gazza
Bellajane
michaelsavage
Gazza
michaelsavage
Gazza
michaelsavage

Probably a silly question for sure,but what kind of hangers-on or syncophants would the Stones attract nowadays? Surely the groupies and drug dealers are gone. Aren't they? I mean these guys are in their sixties and seventies. Maybe some record business execs and journalists, and a handful of fans seeking autographs and photos..but is that it?

ex-Presidents, film stars, politicians, high flying businessmen, super models, social climbers - ie, the usual rock n roll riff-raff.

groupies,whores etc
Jeroen

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2013 19:21

bleedingman
With Marty Balin scheduled for the 8th at 7:30, Ronnie and Mick T. must be doing a late show?

Uh oh, didn't he open at Altamont with the Airplane?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 29, 2013 19:52

show satrts at 10 or 1030, I think; doors open 1/2 hour before. Im not so worried as im just SRO anyway. Glad to be in the room; hopefully it is small enough that all the sightlnes are good. Though i guess ill have juggle my 17 dollar burger with my 10 dollar beer--hate to drop anything at those prices!

Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: October 29, 2013 20:12

The Cutting Room is now not accepting anyone in who bought tickets on Stub Hub.
They recommend you get a refund from Stub Hub.
Nice this way the true fans will have more tickets in inventory to buy at face value.
Looks like the Sclapers will not make money and thats good for all of us fans!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-29 20:14 by Big Ed.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 29, 2013 20:19

Notice:
Tickets for the Ronnie Wood/Mick Taylor show for Nov. 8th and 9th, that were purchased on Stub Hub WILL NOT BE HONORED.
If you have purchased tickets through Stub Hub, please contact us directly as we try to resolve this issue.

We recommend that you apply for your refund from Stub Hub immediately.

The Cutting Room

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 29, 2013 22:03

wuh??? this is going to be a massive clusterf*ck! Uhhhh seems like the venue was completely unprepared for an event with this kind of demand. If it was going to be a will call only paperless show from the beginning then they should have just done that. Once the cat is out of the bag and tickets are already in circulation you simply can't do this. They could run into some legal issues here refusing people entry who have legit tickets in hand regardless of how they acquired them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-29 22:07 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 29, 2013 23:41

Both sides of the argument are raging on that FB page. It looks at first glance like an anti-scalping measure but seems that the Cutting Room is more interested in avoiding fights with people who think they've got a seat when they've only got a standing ticket.

Fair enough, but the place is not that big and anyone who has a ticket will supposedly be glad just to be in there, standing, sitting or whatever else. I'd be glad to see the scalpers take a hit but I wouldn't be happy if I'd bought a ticket from Stubhub and had to give it up.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: October 30, 2013 00:40

This show should have been handled like any big artist small venue show i've ever been to = no tickets are emailed/mailed, it's a 2 ticket limit, will call only. You have to show your ID and you + guest must immediately enter the venue. Yes, you can scalp your +1 if you want to but this will cut it down bigtime. They have a messed up situation on their hands at the cutting room.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 01:02 by mnewman505.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 30, 2013 01:20

Cutting Room sent an email instructing ticket holders to print out their ticket confirmation and bring that to the show also. So much for my investment. Damn, I'm stuck with these VIP tickets now!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 01:21 by bleedingman.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 30, 2013 01:41

I'm free that night. cool smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 30, 2013 01:54

This is going to be a big deal. When I bought these tickets I had no idea this would become the show to be at... It will be great to hear Mick Taylor all night long that's for certain....

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: October 30, 2013 02:28

Big Ed
The Cutting Room is now not accepting anyone in who bought tickets on Stub Hub.
They recommend you get a refund from Stub Hub.
Nice this way the true fans will have more tickets in inventory to buy at face value.
Looks like the Sclapers will not make money and thats good for all of us fans!!!

What's a true fan? Can you define it? If someone buys a ticket from stubhub this means they don't belong to the TRUE FAN CLUB. Do you think only true Rolling stones fans post on IORR?

Please, that's an ignorant statement.

Date: October 30, 2013 02:31

I've now gone into full "something's going to go wrong" mode. Like, they won't let me in despite having printed out everything they've sent me. Or I won't be able to see. Or MT won't show up for some reason.

Don't kill me, but I don't really understand why it's such a big deal. A medium-sized deal, sure, but . . . confused smiley Maybe people are thinking the rest of the band will stop by, in which case I think they'll be sadly disappointed.

Edit: That last statement is ambiguous--I mean disappointed because they won't!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 02:32 by Aquamarine.

Date: October 30, 2013 02:34

Just saw they posted this:

An update on the ticket reselling situation for the Ronnie Wood / Mick Taylor show: StubHub has been working with us to try and get the best outcome for their customers and ours - after exploring all options, **StubHub will be refunding all tickets that were purchased for the Nov 8th and Nov 9th shows** .

Please understand the reasoning:
- StubHub has no idea what our seating looks like so they can’t validate what a ticket seller says. Sellers were putting in seat numbers that didn’t exist, often making them seem like great seats, when in some cases the tickets were for standing room. There is nothing we can do about this, and will only result in angry people at the show.

- We made the decision to offer the option of picking up your tickets at Will Call if you chose to do that. This is supposed to be good for you, but of course it means you must give us your name and prove that you are who you say you are. People were selling Will Call tickets – we obviously cant let anyone walk up, give us any old name, and hand tickets that were paid for under a different name.

For anyone who purchased tickets this way, we apologize for this, we really do feel terrible. If you did get tickets cancelled by StubHub, please forward your cancellation notice to events@TheCuttingRoomNYC.com when it comes (expect it to take a couple of days), we would like the opportunity to include you if we do have a similar show opportunity in the future.

Posted by: Blackdog ()
Date: October 30, 2013 02:46

Hi Aquamarine,

Another poster called the venue and the first two rows are VIP. GA Seating is behind VIP and to the left and right. The Cutting Room stated there are no obstructed views anywhere.

The Cutting Room should have stated all of this in the beginning before purchasing tickets. They are going to cause some problems. I deleted my confirmation email since I have my tickets in hand. I also sent others to my friends in NYC and family. There is no way to tell if you bought them from stubhub. It states on every ticket VIP, GA seating or GA standing.

Don't worry you will have a great time. Enjoy the show!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home