Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 257
Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out June 2015?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 9, 2014 02:35

Rockman
AP: Are you working on music?

Richards: I have a solo record finished, but I don't want to put it out while the Stones are working, so I'm thinking next June.

[www.startribune.com]

This is big news...not because of the album itself but reading between the lines it appears that if nothing changes, no plans to do terribly much after the next 9 months.

It also further adds credence there'll be some spring dates but unfortunately nothing after that, including new Stones recorded music.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 9, 2014 02:58

Maybe not such big news. Keith was less specific in USA Today. June 2015 doesn't seem to be a firm date for either his album release or the end of any Stones activity.:

"It'll probably be out next year. I'm really just waiting now for the Stones not to be working; I don't want to put it out while we're on the road."

[www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 9, 2014 08:27

Mel Belli
Don't have a hard copy of the album at hand, but Track Talk here lists Mick as playing on ONNYA:
[timeisonourside.com]

Keith does the fills during the verses as well as the lead — but it's pretty clearly Mick playing rhythm. And the chord progression, especially that F# E G sequence: that's just not something you'd typically find Keith writing these days.

THAT shut DP up!!!

Date: September 9, 2014 09:06

Sometimes there's just the general idea - just the phrase, Oh no, not you again. We sleep on that and the next day slip each other bits of paper saying, How about if it went this way? It's all a bit of a patchwork really. But eventually you start to get the threads of songs. You knock off a couple of chords and say, That's nice. Then you see what happens next. I feel it doesn't have much to do with me. I'm just being led by a series of notes and possibilities. I just hang on and see what happens.

- Keith Richards, July 2005

I know that site claims Mick plays guitar, but there are only two audible guitar tracks. Ronnie talks about his own rhythm part where he said he tried making it sound like The Who in interviews. The other guitar is one rhythm/fill-track by Keith.

An obvious mistake by TIOMS.com, unless someone has spotted a third guitar.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 9, 2014 11:27

DandelionPowderman

I know that site claims Mick plays guitar, but there are only two audible guitar tracks. Ronnie talks about his own rhythm part where he said he tried making it sound like The Who in interviews. The other guitar is one rhythm/fill-track by Keith.

1st guitar: Ronnie in the right channel. 2nd guitar: Keith's fills in the left. During the choruses I do hear a third guitar in the left channel playing rhythm under Keith's fills. Could be Mick, could be Keith and his fills be an overdub.

C

Date: September 9, 2014 11:35

liddas
DandelionPowderman

1st guitar: Ronnie in the right channel. 2nd guitar: Keith's fills in the left. During the choruses I do hear a third guitar in the left channel playing rhythm under Keith's fills. Could be Mick, could be Keith and his fills be an overdub.

C

Thanks liddas. But I'm listening now, and I can't hear it confused smiley

I hear a third overdub guitar entering the second chorus, though. When Keith starts his solo, his rhythm/licks guitar just continues playing rhythm. Is that the one you're referring to? If so, it's Keith.

After the solo, there are only two guitars again. But Keith's guitar swaps in and out of two channels a few times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-09 11:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: September 9, 2014 12:43

At this point I believe that there will be no new Stones album next year....a little better so I'm interested in their new album of the last few years have seen the recent...I prefer much more albums Keith because I'm very curious and I do not think that pos again and wait for next year is good to get it out!!!

go Keith Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 9, 2014 16:20

Keef don't forget this song for your new solo album:
[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 9, 2014 16:23

KRiffhard
Keef don't forget this song for your new solo album:
[www.youtube.com]

It's not a solo tune? Great song, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-09 16:36 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 9, 2014 17:46

treaclefingers

AP: Are you working on music?

Richards: I have a solo record finished, but I don't want to put it out while the Stones are working, so I'm thinking next June.

Ridiculous. I doubt it will be selling like hot cakes. It will not detract from the Stones being on tour. Keith must still be working on it. Is making excuses or is afraid of a flop (as far as critics go) and is hesitating

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: September 9, 2014 18:38

The release date I'm sure will be timed to the release of Johnny Depp's movie as well. Keith will need a few weeks to promote the album and the movie so it makes sense that it's squeezed in between legs of Stones shows.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they may take spring/summer off after the South American shows and perhaps do some more in late summer/fall 2015.

Date: September 9, 2014 20:07

keith is not interested in selling his new album there's nothing ridiculous just look at the two previous albums...the album is ready rather than ready but he has always told before the Stones ..indeed it is likely that there is no new album by the Rolling Stones in 2015 because these are the true gossip and not the solo album of Keith!!

Date: September 9, 2014 20:29

I'm wondering who'll be the producer of this solo album...Keef'n'Steve?? jack White? Rick Rubin? cool smiley or Don Was? sad smiley

Date: September 9, 2014 22:10

nooooooooooooooooooo Don Was noooooooo please!!!!thumbs down

Date: September 9, 2014 22:30

Vade retro Don Was!!!

Date: September 9, 2014 22:46

KRiffhard
I'm wondering who'll be the producer of this solo album...Keef'n'Steve?? jack White? Rick Rubin? cool smiley or Don Was? sad smiley

He said it's Steve Jordan...

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 10, 2014 01:30

Everything is in place including a major record deal and promotional infrastructure. Keith is doing what he's usually done in his life, putting everything second behind the Stones. He turned down a lot of opportunities in the couple of years before the 50 and Counting shows finally got underway to show his loyalty. I think that he made an extra effort after the Life kerfluffle.

Date: September 10, 2014 01:55

DandelionPowderman
liddas
DandelionPowderman

C

Thanks liddas. But I'm listening now, and I can't hear it confused smiley

I hear a third overdub guitar entering the second chorus, though. When Keith starts his solo, his rhythm/licks guitar just continues playing rhythm. Is that the one you're referring to? If so, it's Keith.

After the solo, there are only two guitars again. But Keith's guitar swaps in and out of two channels a few times.

Im pretty sure that 3rd guitar stays in,once it's arrived. esp around 2:40 in that vicinity I can hear the 3rd guitar (which has similar sound to Keith's first one) doubling on the chords on Keith's side, but a little more towards the middle.

Date: September 10, 2014 17:08

TeddyB1018
Everything is in place including a major record deal and promotional infrastructure. Keith is doing what he's usually done in his life, putting everything second behind the Stones. He turned down a lot of opportunities in the couple of years before the 50 and Counting shows finally got underway to show his loyalty. I think that he made an extra effort after the Life kerfluffle.

Hi Teddy, give us some news about Keef solo album!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 10, 2014 23:34

So you "finished" a solo album and then you wait almost a year to release it...then it won't be a new album....

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:34

He's been working on it on and off for a few years, so I guess it won't be "new" anyway. It's coming out through Universal. I was under the impression that it would be released after the Australian dates but it sounds now like there's been a band decision for him to wait until after the rest of the extended tour.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 11, 2014 04:20

TeddyB1018
He's been working on it on and off for a few years, so I guess it won't be "new" anyway. It's coming out through Universal. I was under the impression that it would be released after the Australian dates but it sounds now like there's been a band decision for him to wait until after the rest of the extended tour.

Never thought I'd say this, but I am happy to wait if it means the tour keeps rolling. cool smiley

Date: September 11, 2014 09:43

TeddyB1018

It might be that, at some point, the Aussie-dates were considered the end of the tour?

Date: September 11, 2014 09:48

why doesn't the band just let keith release it and play a song from it during his solo set to promote it? heck is anyone that pissed that "happy" might have to be dropped for a new keith tune?

Date: September 11, 2014 09:56

keefriffhard4life
why doesn't the band just let keith release it and play a song from it during his solo set to promote it? heck is anyone that pissed that "happy" might have to be dropped for a new keith tune?

They only do that with Ronnie-songs smiling smiley

Date: September 11, 2014 13:24

keefriffhard4life

Oh noooo! Imagine if they do the same with a Mick solo set: "..and now, Ladies and Gentleman, from Goddess in the Doorway, "Brand new set of rules, Everybody gettin' high aaaaaand 'Vision of Paradise". OMG

Date: September 11, 2014 13:32

NICOS
So you "finished" a solo album and then you wait almost a year to release it...then it won't be a new album....

It's hardly unusual. More productive bands have albums finished while they're still touring their previous one smiling smiley

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 12, 2014 02:28

KRiffhard

Oh noooo! Imagine if they do the same with a Mick solo set: "..and now, Ladies and Gentleman, from Goddess in the Doorway, "Brand new set of rules, Everybody gettin' high aaaaaand 'Vision of Paradise". OMG

or they could do" wired all night" and "wandering spirit" both of which blow away about 90% of the songs on the last 5 stones records.

i always picture the keith-ettes smoking cigarettes,wearing skull rings and taking shots at jagger to make themselves more keith-like.its a really funny visual thats probably not far from the truth.

Date: September 12, 2014 15:17

keith is better than Jagger...but in all even in music!wandering spirit is the only good thing he did siiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr jagger the rest just crap..!! Keith the best Keith number one Keith forever..!!!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: September 12, 2014 15:22

wicked67
keith is better than Jagger...but in all even in music!wandering spirit is the only good thing he did siiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr jagger the rest just crap..!! Keith the best Keith number one Keith forever..!!!

Totally disagree

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2009
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home