Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 257
Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out June 2015?
Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: January 18, 2015 23:19

I confirm what was said!I prefer the new album of Keith chen rather a new album Rollling stones...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 19, 2015 12:32

EJM
My concern is, that keith was recording this stuff before he really got a bit of form back,

just like my worry about the johnny depp documentary is that it was made when he was still in post - life -bitter -and twisted -mode.

Not sure where the " words of wonder" video ( which I really liked ) comes in the sequence.

I hope he will get good advice from people prepared to be honest with him before any of it goes out ......

...i had not considered this negative aspect that must be added to the poor quality of his latest songs: Losing my touch, Infamy, This place is Empty and One More Shot. However i think it will be a good album.

Date: January 19, 2015 12:47

Wow. Only one of those songs, " Losing My Touch " is of poor quality.

" This Place is Empty " is actually quite strong if you ask me.

Date: January 19, 2015 12:51

Winning Ugly VXII

+1

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 19, 2015 13:22

corriecas

Sure, they willwork together on the SF re-release.

Jeroen

I wouldn't be so sure. For SOME GIRLS release, Mick did his thing (over-dubs) at France, while Keith his in America. Taken that Keith didn't even know that Mick Taylor was featured in EXILE project, and when Jagger talked about the project in interviews it was "I did this and I did that", almost never using plural 'we', I don't think Mick and Keith much worked together in that project either. At least face to face.

Of course, most of Keith's contribution is - or should be - done already decades ago, while there is (unfortunately) a lot for Mick to do (finishing melodies and lyrics). It looks like this works for Jagger - he is colloborating with Richards of some 40/45 years ago, not with the recent one...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: January 19, 2015 13:34

Doxa
corriecas

Sure, they willwork together on the SF re-release.

Jeroen

I wouldn't be so sure. For SOME GIRLS release, Mick did his thing (over-dubs) at France, while Keith his in America. Taken that Keith didn't even know that Mick Taylor was featured in EXILE project, and when Jagger talked about the project in interviews it was "I did this and I did that", almost never using plural 'we', I don't think Mick and Keith much worked together in that project either. At least face to face.

Of course, most of Keith's contribution is - or should be - done already decades ago, while there is (unfortunately) a lot for Mick to do (finishing melodies and lyrics). It looks like this works for Jagger - he is colloborating with Richards of some 40/45 years ago, not with the recent one...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Did Keith do anything on the SG Deluxe at all? I know he did some stuff on the Exile sessions (guitar overdubs on Dancing In The Light and So Divine), but I can't spot what he did for the SG sessions?

He said that he was contributing by going through tapes etc., though.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 19, 2015 13:48

Keith did guitar overdubs for 'Some Girls' Deluxe at Electric Lady Studios in NY.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Date: January 19, 2015 14:06

bye bye johnny
Keith did guitar overdubs for 'Some Girls' Deluxe at Electric Lady Studios in NY.

[www.nzentgraf.de]

I know, but the question is on what? There is no audible overdub in there we can spot. Mick's overdub took seconds to identify. It was the same with Keith's on the Exile Deluxe.

I suspect that the "sessions" Keith did at Electric Lady had more to do with having his say on which songs to select for the release, listening through stuff etc.

I could be wrong, of course, but until someone can point me in another direction, I'm leaning toward this.

EDIT: There are also some of the SG Deluxe songs that Keith doesn't play guitar on, so he would have had the chance to add guitar on No Spare Parts, Do You Think I really Care etc. But he didn't... He might have done vocal overdubs, though, but we probably would have identified that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-19 14:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 19, 2015 14:38

No idea what Keith contributed by over-dubbing to SOME GIRLS project, Actually I didn't know that he wasn't even playing in some of those cuts, so altogether my knowledge what actually happens there on tracks is rather minimal. (Really, no Keith guitar in "No Spare Parts" and "Do Yu Think I Really Care", the best original tunes - with "Claudine" - in album?)

It could be, like Dandie guessed, that he was just checking the tracks, doing some kind of minimal make-up thing, for just being involved and having some kind of say into things.

- Doxa

Date: January 19, 2015 14:42

Doxa
No idea what Keith contributed by over-dubbing to SOME GIRLS project, Actually I didn't know that he wasn't even playing in some of those cuts, so altogether my knowledge what actually happens there on tracks is rather minimal. (Really, no Keith guitar in "No Spare Parts" and "Do Yu Think I Really Care", the best original tunes - with "Claudine" - in album?)

It could be, like Dandie guessed, that he was just checking the tracks, doing some kind of minimal make-up thing, for just being involved and having some kind of say into things.

- Doxa

I just noticed that Keith is credited on acoustic guitar on Do You Think I Really Care and on piano on No Spare Parts.

It could be that obscure contributions like that are among the overdubs he supposedly did...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 19, 2015 15:51

EJM
My concern is, that keith was recording this stuff before he really got a bit of form back,

just like my worry about the johnny depp documentary is that it was made when he was still in post - life -bitter -and twisted -mode.

Not sure where the " words of wonder" video ( which I really liked ) comes in the sequence.

I hope he will get good advice from people prepared to be honest with him before any of it goes out ......

Has the Depp documenary been released? Depp was quoted in 2013 that work on it was done. Or is it being held back to coincide with the release of Keiths solo effort, perhaps.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 19, 2015 16:00

DandelionPowderman
I suspect that the "sessions" Keith did at Electric Lady had more to do with having his say on which songs to select for the release, listening through stuff etc.

Rolling Stone, November 2011:

At Electric Lady, Richards recorded new acoustic- and electric-guitar parts to several tracks, even playing piano on the riff rocker "Love You Too Much." "You don't want to f*ck around too much with new ideas," says Richards. "You've really got to control yourself and go, "This is 1977.'"

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 19, 2015 16:21

[pitchfork.com]

...these two songs will be included on Keef solo album?! Who knows!

Date: January 19, 2015 16:37

Thanks a lot, bye bye johnny (Y).

I'm still not convinced about "new electric guitars on several tracks", though.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 19, 2015 20:20

DandelionPowderman
Thanks a lot, bye bye johnny (Y).

I'm still not convinced about "new electric guitars on several tracks", though.

Same here. Keith doing "sessions" could mean anything - choosing tracks, checking tracks, recording overdubs etc. Plus, in these days of digital editing it is possible to repair rough edges of any given track on a multitrack recording by simply copying and pasting an ok sounding part at the snap of a fingertip without having to fix them with a newly recorded overdub. So it is well possible that Keith was just guiding the whole process without having to touch a guitar for overdub recording at all.

But even the best digital technology is not able to "fix" rough guide vocals or even unfinished lyrics - so it's quite understandable that Mick's contributions are a bit more obvious than others.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 21, 2015 01:51

Line-up 'Do You Think I Really Care': MJ (voc, gtr)/KR (gtr, bvoc)/RW (gtr,
pedal steel)/BW (bass)/CW (dr)/STU (p)

Date: January 21, 2015 11:04

GasLightStreet

There aren't that many electric guitars on the track:

Here's another lineup - seemingly more correct:

Drums: Charlie Watts
Bass: Bill Wyman
Acoustic guitars: Keith Richards & Mick Jagger
Electric guitar: Ron Wood
Pedal steel guitar: Ron Wood
Vocals: Mick Jagger
Piano: Ian Stewart

Date: January 21, 2015 18:33

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Your seemingly more correct lineup is the exact same as the one mentioned above - with the only difference being the actual kind of instrument being played!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 18:33 by GasLightStreet.

Date: January 21, 2015 18:35

Keith's overdubs for the EXILE extra songs were horrible. I didn't hear anything like that on the SG extras so maybe he:

1. didn't overdub electric guitar
2. did overdub electric guitar but played better somehow

Date: January 21, 2015 18:36

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Your seemingly more correct lineup is the exact same as the one mentioned above - with the only difference being the actual kind of instrument being played!

Exactly, since there was an discussion about whether Keith played an electric on Do You Care or not, right?

Date: January 21, 2015 18:46

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Exactly, since there was an discussion about whether Keith played an electric on Do You Care or not, right?

Oh, right, duh! I guess I thought it was did he play on it at all.

Date: January 21, 2015 18:57

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Oh, right, duh! I guess I thought it was did he play on it at all.

Yeah, it was. At first smiling smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 21, 2015 19:15

Concerning Keith's overdubs (and Mick's overdubs too for that matter ) on the Exile and SG reissues: I have my theory about those overdubs. Wasn't it part of the deal with Universal to have two new albums? To create those, only overdubs in, say, 10 songs per album would count , and as a result a 'new' album worth of songs. And there you have your contract fulfilled. On some songs you hear [imho) completely unnessecary overdubs, i thought on some overdubs, what's the point? Maybe it has to do with 'legal contractual'reasons.

What do you think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 19:18 by barbabang.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 21, 2015 20:16

barbabang
Concerning Keith's overdubs (and Mick's overdubs too for that matter ) on the Exile and SG reissues: I have my theory about those overdubs. Wasn't it part of the deal with Universal to have two new albums? To create those, only overdubs in, say, 10 songs per album would count , and as a result a 'new' album worth of songs. And there you have your contract fulfilled. On some songs you hear [imho) completely unnessecary overdubs, i thought on some overdubs, what's the point? Maybe it has to do with 'legal contractual'reasons.

What do you think?

Dont think it hast to Do with contractual reasons. The contract for Sure says clearly what they Want from them, two New Rekords are two New Rekords two rereleases are two rereleases,

Date: January 21, 2015 22:25

jlowe
EJM

Has the Depp documenary been released? Depp was quoted in 2013 that work on it was done. Or is it being held back to coincide with the release of Keiths solo effort, perhaps.

Yeah, the album and Depp documentary comes from those LIFE-oriented times, when the future of the Stones was a rather uncertain, At the time it sounded like that this was like a plan B for Keith (or continue in the hype of his best-seller book). But seemingly all was postponed when the Stones got rolling again.

Anyway, now it starts to sound like there are strong 'once the Stones stop rolling' activities for Keith planned. I mean, 'solo Keith' comes with a bang: an album, a documentary, and live gigs, each I guess supporting each other. Is this a Rolling Stone taking a break, or launching a new a post-Stones career?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 22:29 by Doxa.

Date: January 21, 2015 22:27

My understanding, and I think it was Gazza that pointed this out, the Stones do NOT need to release any new albums in any way with the Universal deal. It was only if they wanted to.

And clearly...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 22, 2015 00:09

Well, i Certainly am Looking Forward to Keef's album, documentary and Gigs. Hopefully in Europe.
Just hope he wont postpone them too Long !!

jeroen

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 22, 2015 05:15

Winning Ugly VXII

Agree

And Agree! This Place Is Empty is one of my top Keith tunes!

Date: January 22, 2015 17:49

Anyone have a clue as to when Keith did 'a couple of tracks' with Jack White?

Date: January 22, 2015 17:50

GasLightStreet
Anyone have a clue as to when Keith did 'a couple of tracks' with Jack White?

Before or right after the SAL-shows, wasn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-22 17:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home