Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 257
Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out June 2015?
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 00:48

It's done and dusted, as they say. There's a record deal and marketing team in place. KR doesn't want to do anything to interfere with the Stones, or the possibility that the Stones might add more work, since he plans to support the record with live dates. The album's release date has to do with those issues.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 17, 2015 01:24

Live dates? That sounds very exciting. Would love to see him with The Winos again.eye popping smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 17, 2015 03:34

Teddy, can you confirm at least a 2015 release?? Keith solo, sign me up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 17, 2015 10:47

TeddyB1018
It's done and dusted, as they say. There's a record deal and marketing team in place. KR doesn't want to do anything to interfere with the Stones, or the possibility that the Stones might add more work, since he plans to support the record with live dates. The album's release date has to do with those issues.

Many thanks Teddy!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 17, 2015 11:53

For some strange reason I do not expect anything interesting of a "new solo album" by Keith Richards.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 17, 2015 12:11

...Yep if ya've seen one tone-arm ya've pretty much seen 'em all ......

ROCKMAN

Date: January 17, 2015 12:54

windmelody
For some strange reason I do not expect anything interesting of a "new solo album" by Keith Richards.

.....and what are these 'strange reasons'?

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: January 17, 2015 15:07

to me it is not interested in a new Rolling Stones album seen that the songs that have produced in recent years of poor quality..!!! are much more interested in the new album by Keith Richards... Go Keith Goooooo

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: January 17, 2015 15:36

Looking forward to this release and will definitely attend a live Winos show if he takes them on the road.

Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender are better than any of the Stones offerings over the same period. And I like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges quite a bit.

I just don't enjoy them start to finish as much as I enjoy the solo Keith records.

Date: January 17, 2015 15:38

JimmyTheSaint
Looking forward to this release and will definitely attend a live Winos show if he takes them on the road.

Talk Is Cheap and Main Offender are better than any of the Stones offerings over the same period. And I like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges quite a bit.

I just don't enjoy them start to finish as much as I enjoy the solo Keith records.

thumbs up

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 17, 2015 15:41

KRiffhard
JimmyTheSaint

thumbs up

Keith carries the heart and soul of the Stones sound. Mick likes to hang on to the marketing potential of the Stones which is far less catchy...or sing along able

Date: January 17, 2015 15:51

I am very okay with JimmyTheSaint!! Kriffhard ma sei mark77 anche?

Date: January 17, 2015 15:54

Munichhilton
KRiffhard
JimmyTheSaint

thumbs up

Keith carries the heart and soul of the Stones sound. Mick likes to hang on to the marketing potential of the Stones which is far less catchy...or sing along able

Mick:"It would be nice to have a new album, but people don't like the new album when you play it on stage. They glumly look at you. 'OK, it will be over in a minute.' It's not a good excuse, but it's the truth and has to be said."

They have different points of view.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 17, 2015 17:40

If Mick would understand that the new albums stink overall regarding playing them live... if they played the good songs from them... people would be interested. Instead they play the shit songs.

Durrrrrrr.

Date: January 17, 2015 19:09

the stones are some years that fail to make new songs of a certain level .. and mick knows this and also Keith...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 18, 2015 00:55

wicked67
the stones are some years that fail to make new songs of a certain level .. and mick knows this and also Keith...

So, the question is WHY.
Writers block?
Too contentented / too comfortable to be creative anymore?
Too detached from "real life"? (Paul Simon lives in a private estate in Conneticut, like Keith) but still seems motivated to write new material.
Mick frightened of any new product getting slated by the critics?
Or simply poor sales figures?

Or is it simply the Glimmers are no longer able to work together in the studio anymore.
Other than working on the Vaults/Archives....though maybe not even that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 18, 2015 01:38

At this point sales will be what they are earned to be. The excuse of recording a new LP for the excuse of naming a tour is not necessary. After all, the A BIGGER BANG tour originally was called ON STAGE.

And they didn't call the TOTA the MADE IN THE SHADE tour. Nor did they name the 1976 tour the BLACK AND BLUE tour.

Keith recording a new record is simply because he wants to. That's the best reason in the world.

Date: January 18, 2015 01:46

jlowe
wicked67

So, the question is WHY.
Writers block?
Too detached from "real life"? (Paul Simon lives in a private estate in Conneticut, like Keith) but still seems motivated to write new material.

Or is it simply the Glimmers are no longer able to work together in the studio anymore.

I remember reading a quote by Mick saying that he'd love to write new material, but when they give the tracks live debut performances, the audience 'stares at you like a cow, knowing it'll be done in a few minutes' (keep in mind that I'm paraphrasing here).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 18, 2015 11:53

The exact quote is just above ;-)

I think Mick can't really be bothered anymore, he tried a few times and it just didn't work, we all remember the terrible first week sales of Goddess in the UK and the field day the tabloids had, Mick must have been mortified. Then came ABB, that one sold on the strength of the name but frankly he can't have been happy with the results, I mean if we can see its limitations in hindsight these guys must see them 10x.

On the other hand he keeps saying he's writing songs all the time so...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 18, 2015 12:33

Would love to see Keef bring his new album out on the road , for a couple of live shows. This would be after the South American dates.
I imagine Keef has some ideas for the SF deluxe release, but is eager to promote his new cd, after the last Stones shows this year. He would still be fresh and have the Tour adrenaline pumping that way.

Cant see it happen that Mick Jagger and Keef will get together to write some new Stones songs. Mick is now in SA, probably to talk to the promoters and is busy that way. Sure, they willwork together on the SF re-release.

Jeroen

Date: January 18, 2015 13:31

The idea of this release is for me very exciting. At this point in time it's the bigfest thing in Stones world. the only thing to top it would be a new Stones album.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 18, 2015 13:38

jlowe
wicked67

So, the question is WHY.
Writers block?

to write new Songs doesn´t mean the same as recording new Songs. i think they write for sure...

Date: January 18, 2015 14:20

Despite the occasional new song or two the Stones to me are just a touring band. They are not a working band or their definition of working band is now overseeing vault releases and deluxe editions. For new songs to be taken seriously they would have to get behind it and also continue to release new music shortly thereafter to gain publics attention. I'm thinking 16 months of singles with B sides or couple of EP's. Is this realistic, probably not but if this was done fans may view new songs differently at shows. The bands attitude of new music has to change. Hopefully Keith's new release makes us feel good about future work

Date: January 18, 2015 17:44

Maindefender
Despite the occasional new song or two the Stones to me are just a touring band. They are not a working band or their definition of working band is now overseeing vault releases and deluxe editions. For new songs to be taken seriously they would have to get behind it and also continue to release new music shortly thereafter to gain publics attention. I'm thinking 16 months of singles with B sides or couple of EP's. Is this realistic, probably not but if this was done fans may view new songs differently at shows. The bands attitude of new music has to change. Hopefully Keith's new release makes us feel good about future work

"gain public attention"; "16 months of singles" ?? - I can't tell of you're joking because the first part of your post is serious and sensible. But sixteen months of singles? LOL

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: January 18, 2015 17:54

Even if Keith or the Stones were to come out with something of amazing high quality such as much of their pre-1981 material, it would not have anywhere near the same impact as it did back then. The information age has watered just about all types of entertainment. The mystery is all but gone. It started with MTV videos to the laptops and smart phone of today. You don't have to get up and go somewhere to see an act perform, you don't even have to get out of bed.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: January 18, 2015 18:04

My concern is, that keith was recording this stuff before he really got a bit of form back,

just like my worry about the johnny depp documentary is that it was made when he was still in post - life -bitter -and twisted -mode.

Not sure where the " words of wonder" video ( which I really liked ) comes in the sequence.

I hope he will get good advice from people prepared to be honest with him before any of it goes out ......

Date: January 18, 2015 20:22

Palace Revolution 2000
The idea of this release is for me very exciting. At this point in time it's the bigfest thing in Stones world. the only thing to top it would be a new Stones album.

+1

Date: January 18, 2015 22:19

Palace Revolution 2000
Maindefender

"gain public attention"; "16 months of singles" ?? - I can't tell of you're joking because the first part of your post is serious and sensible. But sixteen months of singles? LOL

Yeah, that's where it gets unrealistic. But for Jagger to simply say fans shut it down at shows during new songs and leave it at that is sad. I need to manage them for the next 5 years....haha

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 18, 2015 22:31

I hope it's a great record...we could use great music from a Rolling Stone and.....it could only mean good things for a Jagger Richards project going forward.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 18, 2015 22:56

jlowe
wicked67

So, the question is WHY.
Writers block?

It's pretty easy to see that all artistic creativity is destroyed once you allow the audience to dictate what you play. Gone are the amazing days of "this is what WE like to hear and play", like it or not. The fact that MJ is so concerned about what people think and that he needs that instantaneous positive feedback has destroyed the possibility of us ever getting anything other than proven hits and occasional safe covers.

As had been pointed out, the modern Stones are all about the business of touring, selling out huge venues and pleasing the majority of ticket holders. The fact that they are so successful at it tends to feed on itself and doesn't leave much room for risk taking and new artistic expression.

I once held out hope for new great Stones material, shows with a majority of new and fresh tunes, showing the musical growth of one of my favorite bands; but after years of waiting, the erosion of the recorded music sales industry and the age of the band members, I've got no more expectations.

I'll be satisfied with Keith's new record and grateful we have that,

peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home