Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 257
Re: Keith: solo album "finished" - out June 2015?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 22, 2015 17:55

I dunno. I looked on nzentgraf and I can't find anything from that time.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 22, 2015 19:06

Date: January 22, 2015 20:19

I think that interview was years after the actual sessions.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 23, 2015 00:49

The first sentence of that 2012 Rolling Stone interview notes when Keith recorded with Jack White:

Keith Richards and Jack White have been friends for years, but in 2009 they collaborated professionally, spending time together in a recording studio. "I enjoy working with Jack," Richards told Rolling Stone at the time. "We've done a couple of tracks."

Date: January 23, 2015 00:54

thumbs up thanks, bbj.

Date: January 23, 2015 18:13

bye bye johnny
The first sentence of that 2012 Rolling Stone interview notes when Keith recorded with Jack White:

Keith Richards and Jack White have been friends for years, but in 2009 they collaborated professionally, spending time together in a recording studio. "I enjoy working with Jack," Richards told Rolling Stone at the time. "We've done a couple of tracks."

Uh... no where in that link does it say "in 2009 they collaborated professionally, spending time together in a recording studio". No matter. Point is, no one can find anything about where and specifically when they worked together. So I say ixnay on the recorday with Jackay.

Date: January 23, 2015 18:57

GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny

Uh... no where in that link does it say "in 2009 they collaborated professionally, spending time together in a recording studio". No matter. Point is, no one can find anything about where and specifically when they worked together. So I say ixnay on the recorday with Jackay.

Read the first sentence again...

Date: January 23, 2015 18:58

It's almost like Keith is namedropping Jack White. Something is a bit... reversed here... confused smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 23, 2015 19:00

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny

could he have been referring to shooting smack, and not recording?

I'm not that familiar with this sort of vernacular.

Date: January 24, 2015 12:47

26 pages of comments and we still don't know:
- when this solo album will be pubblished;
- title;
- producer;
- tracklist;
- musicians (...apart from Keef and Steve)
cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-24 12:51 by KRiffhard.

Date: January 24, 2015 13:05

KRiffhard
- title;
- producer;
- tracklist;
cool smiley

A lot of this stuff he probably doesn't know himself at this point. Abd we know that Lee Perry was involved in that "Prisoner" track.

Date: January 24, 2015 14:52

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
- title;
- producer;
- tracklist;
cool smiley

A lot of this stuff he probably doesn't know himself at this point. Abd we know that Lee Perry was involved in that "Prisoner" track.

Hi DP,
i think that they know (Keef and all insiders/friends involved in this solo project) the title, who is the producer, the tracklist and the musicians! The problem is the lack of sources!

Date: January 24, 2015 15:11

It's not certain that he has landed the release date and the title. I'm sure he has kept track on the musicians involved, though smiling smiley

If Lee produced that reggae cover there might be several producers, apart from Keith and Steve.

Date: January 24, 2015 17:22

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny

Alright, now I'm completely lost. Either the link isn't working completely or it's the wrong link because the first sentence I see says "If Keith Richards has his way, the Rolling Stones will start working on a new record next year."

Date: January 24, 2015 17:25

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny

Alright, now I'm completely lost. Either the link isn't working completely or it's the wrong link because the first sentence I see says "If Keith Richards has his way, the Rolling Stones will start working on a new record next year."

That quote is from 2009...I don't think Keith "got his way" in that case.

Date: January 24, 2015 17:26

KRiffhard
- title;
- producer;
- tracklist;
cool smiley

It's interesting, isn't it. Records used to be such a mystery. Then it's easy to get info on something with the internet.

And here it is, a complete mystery! It's excellent! For once we have to wait!

Date: January 24, 2015 17:27

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny

He got the year wrong? Or he wasn't specific enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-24 17:27 by GasLightStreet.

Date: January 24, 2015 17:33

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
bye bye johnny

He got the year wrong? Or he wasn't specific enough.

yeah, maybe he meant 'next decade' instead of next year? if so, that's an encouraging sign.

Date: January 24, 2015 18:17

DandelionPowderman
It's not certain that he has landed the release date and the title. I'm sure he has kept track on the musicians involved, though smiling smiley

If Lee produced that reggae cover there might be several producers, apart from Keith and Steve.

... that would be interesting! Rob Fraboni? Jack White? Or maybe (apart from reggae cover) is all produced by Keef and Steve.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 24, 2015 22:32

From Steve Marshall's State Of Emergency web-site

Upsetter downtown!

SOE’s Steve Marshall is still getting over the historic recording session that took place at Germano Recording Studios on Broadway, Manhattan on Monday 23rd September.

Back in August, Keith Richards’ manager Jane Rose got in touch with Steve. Keith wanted Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry to mix a track for the new solo album he’s making with drummer and producer Steve Jordan.

Keith had played guitar on several of State of Emergency’s productions for Lee Perry, including the Grammy nominated album ‘Revelation’ (2011). So ‘Scratch’ was keen to return the favour.

These guys had admired each other from a distance for decades and were both looking for a chance to work together. Steve Marshall is very proud to have been able to arrange this amazing meeting between the King of Rock and the King of Reggae.

At the session, Lee turned up first and got straight down to business. The track in question is Keith’s own version of ‘Love Is Overdue’ by Gregory Isaacs.

By the time Keith rolled in, the studio was firing on all cylinders. With The Upsetter at the controls and a studio full of KR’s Rock ‘n Roll motley crew, a party was bound to follow. Lee even did his own DJ version, laying down a live vocal using his own jewel encrusted SM58.

For the dub mix ‘Scratch’ called in his apprentice, Steve Marshall, who took over the controls and, with Lee tapping out an S.O.S on an original Morse Code device, flew the studio like a spaceship through the universe of dub.

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-24 23:04 by Rockman.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 24, 2015 23:53

Bit o' recycling there. That SOE blog entry was posted here in Sept, 2013.

Photo's cropped, btw. Original included Scratch's wife Mirielle.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 25, 2015 14:13

RE SOLO ALBUM RELEASE DATE.

Autumn now been mentioned.
2015 of course.........or maybe not!

Date: January 25, 2015 14:16

"Love is overdue" is a great song...right choice Keef !

Posted by: Felix0452 ()
Date: January 27, 2015 16:05

Have you some news of this possible new album of Keith ?

Date: January 27, 2015 21:22

Felix0452
Have you some news of this possible new album of Keith ?

...this is the problem!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 27, 2015 22:03

jlowe
RE SOLO ALBUM RELEASE DATE.

Autumn now been mentioned.
2015 of course.........or maybe not!
Maybe 2016??
smileys with beer

Date: January 28, 2015 00:42

bye bye johnny
Bit o' recycling there. That SOE blog entry was posted here in Sept, 2013.

Photo's cropped, btw. Original included Scratch's wife Mirielle.

[www.facebook.com]

That pic could be inb one of those "odd photo' threads. Keef's left hand looks like the woman's left shoulder and beginning of upper arm. If that were so she would be kind of gnarly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 28, 2015 00:57

Man, every time I click on this thread that picture of Keith and Spooner about makes me jump outta my chair. eye popping smiley peace

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 28, 2015 16:41

Naturalust
Man, every time I click on this thread that picture of Keith and Spooner about makes me jump outta my chair. eye popping smiley peace

why is that? just askin'..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 28, 2015 20:34

duke richardson
Naturalust

why is that? just askin'..

Not sure duke, must be the eyes or something. peace

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home